Tied to a minor chord

Status
Not open for further replies.
She grinned at the confidence in his smile and voice "Really? That's great, is before or after school better for you?" She tried not to wiggle too much, for the sake of her aching limbs as much as for him.

"Hmmmm ... After school is fine with me since band practice is usually before school," he grinned. "So what time should I show up for this tutor session?"

"The school library closes at 4:30 so any time you want to come before that, I'll be there." Megan replied. He had been right, a piggyback ride was a much faster, not to mention safer way to get through the halls. "Thanks for carrying me. You are amazingly nice." the girl told him quietly.

"Well thanks you are even more nice than I am though and I guess I will see you then," He puts her down as he replies. "Have fun in english," He looks at his watch and exclaims. "OH MAGIKARP I GOTTA GET TO CLASS!!!! ILL SEE YOU IN THE LIBRARY!!" He turns and sprints to band making it just in time to put together his flute, sit down, and have his music ready to play.

"Bye" she called to the departing figure before hurrying to a desk and sorting through her jumble of papers and books.

After school Megan was found curled up in what had the appearance of a nicely cushioned pinstriped chair. In actuality it was rather uncomfortable and the only reason a person would ever submit to sitting in it was to wait for someone coming into the library. She entertained herself with a book, trying not to become completely immersed in the story.

Will arrives at the library and pulls out his homework from yesterday and searches for Megan and finds her. "Hello." He sits next to her on the floor.

"Oh Hi!" She said looking up from her book and stretching out from the chair to stand up "I left my stuff at a table over there by the windows, this chair is horrendous to sit in. How was your day?"

"Well lets just say it was for the most part okay." He replied rubbing a minor cut on his cheek. "How was your day?"

She didn't see his movement, already on the way to the table. "It was alright, you were there for the worst of it so it couldn't have been too bad." She admitted, sitting down in front of her geometry homework.

"Well that's good so how about we get started on this geometry homework?" He sits next to her. "So where should we start?"

"This one, types of triangles. The angles are all 60° so I wrote acute, right?.. I mean correct? It's acute, but it wants another answer too"

"Well its not only acute triangle but its also impossible to have this kind of a triangle because all angles have to add up to 180°."

"Oh right!" she exclaimed, but something seemed off, if it was impossible wouldn't it still only need one answer? She thought for a moment "But a 3 hour movie is 180 minutes...it just barely works because they are all the same, doesn't it?" She looked at him quizzically.

"Yes but triangles are weird and I made a mathematical error that even a 2nd grader wouldn't have made I deserve to go back to grade school." He lays his head on the table as his stomach growls and he hopes no one heard as he thinks. 'Oh magikarp I forgot to eat lunch!'

"Will!..." Megan looks at him, bending over the table trying to see his face and hears his stomach. "You should have let me bring snacks. Lets go get something to eat." She tells him, sticking her homework back into a notebook, hoping that hearing her pack up would convince him she was serious and he should lift his head up and come too.

"No no no that's okay i'll get something later lets just get as much time as we can studying." He thinks 'I can't let her buy me a snack it's just not right I can buy my own! It just wouldn't be nice to have her buy me a snack!'

After hesitating a moment she pulled out her homework again. "Alright, how do you solve this one?" She pointed at the next problem she didn't understand.

"Well use this formula and plug this in for that and this for that one and then graph it" He points at the formula and the points to plug in. "When its graphed it should look like this." He pulls out yesterdays homework.

"Okay..." knowing what it was supposed to look like certainly helped, but she still stopped to double check, "This is where I get the second point from you said?" 'With help I just might get through this.' She thought

"Correct." He looked pleased with her understanding and easygoing attitude toward his tutoring, most people would have quit by now. "Any further questions?'

Status
Not open for further replies.