Through Beakers and Test Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
She shrugged at his words, "I'm not sure but I think now we should just catch a hot shower and a hair change. I know they both sound horrid because of the way they treated you but I promise they'll both be enjoyable from now on." She stood letting the blanket fall to the ground, Nilo didnt seem bothered by her lack of clothing, it was best she just didnt make a big deal out of it. She made her way to the bathroom calling over her shoulder, "Come on I'll show you how to use the shower and then find some scissors to trim your hair...and a towel." She mumbled the last part under her breath knowing he was use to public nudeity but she was sure he'd appreciate the cloth and its usefulness.

Nilo got up and started following her before he even realized he had moved. He paused outside the bathroom door, staring in at the shower. It was much bigger than the other one, and it wasnt covered in plain white plaster. Saki had been right, he really didnt want to have to take a shower yet. The freezing cold water wasnt appealing. He turned around, looking at Saki. "Do I have to? I mean... cant it wait? I'm fine, really. You can just give me the hair cut instead." He had to admit, getting a hair cut sounded nice. The scientists had always been pretty anal about keeping his hair at a certain length. It had been a little bit since his last hair cut and it was starting to annoy him.

Saki glanced back at him with a half smile and turned the fossets until the water ran just over warm she held her hand out behind her, "Come here." Her voice was noncommanding, infact it was more as if she was talking to a stubborn child that amused her; grasping his hand she pulled it under the running water. "Now tell me that doesnt feel awesome?"

Nilo flinched slightly right before his hand touched the water. The warmth surprised him and sent a strange chill up his whole arm. He stepped closer, staring at the water. He glanced at Saki, confusion and curiosity fighting for dominance over his face. "Its... warm... You can take warm showers? But... how?" He pulled his hand out of the water, staring at it oddly. He stuck his dry hand under the water. The warmth actually felt good. If he could take warm showers all the time, he'd happily take one. "I can actually use this warm water? Are you sure?"

Saki laughed ruffing his hair, "yes, that's why they invented a water heater because mankind got tired of cold baths in the rivers." She pointed out the colors of the handles and their uses in changing it warmer or colder and on and off; then the midde one being used to turn the shower on and off and the plug for if he wanted to take a bath rather than a shower. She stepped back feeling satisfied that he'd learned the basics. "If you need any help I'll be making breakfast as my stomach has decided to remind me that we only had chips and water all day yesterday."

Nilo fiddled with the water until it was just under scorching and got in. At the lab, the water would cut off after five minutes, but this one didnt. All washed and clean, he stood in the warm water just enjoying the feel of it for nearly 10 minutes before he finally drug himself out of the shower. He picked up the towel and stared at it. She had told him about the towel as well. A few moments later, he emerged from the bathroom dried and dressed. "That is amazing. I love towels, and warm showers," he said, a large grin on his face.

Saki made herself busy knowing he'd have his first real shower ever and probably take all the hot water, she didnt mind he earned it she went all out in the kitchen making biscuts from scratch, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and finding cereal in the cabinets she figured he'd find someting amungst the mass of food set out on the dining room table to enjoy. When they left she realized there would be alot of firsts for him and she would try to show him them all to him. There was so much for him to learn, she was glad they'd atleast given him a basic education when younger between tests and she'd show him the world if she could.

The first thing he noticed was the delicious smell of food. He hadnt realized how hungry he was until he could smell it. His stomach growled loudly at him. He emerged from the bedroom, trying to ignore the itchiness that the new clothes were giving him. They were much different than the clothes the lab had provided him and the feel of them was already irritating his skin. It would take a while, but he knew he'd get used to them eventually. "What are you making?" He asked, leaning against the wall near the food. "It smells amazing."

Saki looked up with a smirk, "I'm done come eat I have an array of goodies for you to try."

Nilo looked over all the food sitting out on the table. He'd never seen so much food all in one place. He glanced at her, "I can try anything?" He returned his attention to the food, not even waiting for an answer. He was too hungry to worry about permission at this point. She hadnt reprimanded him so far, so why would she now? He grabbed a plate and started filling it up with a little bit of everything. Once it was full, he retreated to the chair he'd used before and dug in. It was all so delicious. "Thank you! This is... wonderful!"

Saki sat across from him watching as his face lit up like a child's; discovering a new wonderful thing in their own world. Hearing his words she blushed faintly feeling his happiness practically radiate off him. "It's nothing really, it's been so long since I cooked I was almost afraid I'd forgotten how." She stopped herself from comparing to to riding a bike something she was sure to teach him along the way. She sipped on her juice and nibbled on her food the former nawing hunger had faded as she cooked; enjoying Nilo's reactions more than wanting to eat herself.

Nilo polished off the bacon he had on his plate and paused, a bite of sausage halfway to his mouth. He lowered it. "Will you teach me how to cook? It seems like a great thing to know. If I was ever able to make anything as delicious as this..." He looked up at her. "Please teach me to cook." There was so much he wanted to learn, so much he wanted to see. Every moment he spent out of the lab, his list continued to grow. He suspected it would grow much bigger before he got to settle down somewhere and live in peace.

Saki laughed lightly, "Of course I'll teach you; I teach you whatever I can and if I cant I'll learn it with you." She smiled at him sipping her juice, "We'll start during lunch or dinner, something simple but first I think I've given the water heater enough time that I'm going to take a long, hot shower until the water runs cold." She stood and practically danced to the bathroom humming happily. She could already feel the chains that bound her falling away.

Nilo happily resumed his meal, relishing every bite. He continued until he couldnt eat anymore. He put his dishes in the sink and returned to the chair he had occupied earlier that morning. He had a few books set out before him. They were all ones he had thought sounded interesting when he was browsing the bookshelf. He picked up one that had a pirate on the cover and began to read it. He had figured out fairly quickly that not alll books were written about truth and facts. The things that happened in these books, and the things people did in them were completely impossible. They both fascinated and confused him.

Saki stripped out of her clothes, letting them fall to the floor as she stepped into the steaming spray of water; the first hit of water made a happy sigh escape her lips as she tilted her head back into the heat pounding into her scalp. She stood there for a time simply enjoying the water hit her body before she started to scrub away the reminate scents of the lab she shaved herself down feeling better in doing so. She turned off the water and wrapped the towel around herself and used another to dry her hair before putting the clothes back on and walking out to the living room to see Nilo nose deep in a fiction book.

Nilo peeked over his book when Saki emerged from the bedroom. He lowered it a little, deciding to ease his curiosity. He was sure she'd be able to answer his question. "Hey, Saki. This book, and those as well..." he motioned to a small stack of the strange books, "what are they called? The things in them are impossible. I thought books were all about true things, but this... this is impossible."

Saki glanced at the covers of the books, "Their called fiction books, people write them for other's enjoyment, not for real facts because sometimes the fansasy realm is much better than the real one." She smiled at him sadly and picked up one of the books in his stack and snickered, "though I would wait on these kind of books. I'm not sure if you're ready for romance novels." She laughed lightly and set it aside.

Nilo blinked and watched her set the book aside. "Okay." He didnt know what was so special about that particular type of book, but if she said he wasnt ready for it, she might be right. He looked back at the book he was holding, then over to the stack of books he had yet to look at. So far, he found them fascinating. Based on the ones he'd glanced at, he suspected that each one was different. It made him wonder how people thought up such things. "I like these books, they're interesting."

OOC//: Sorry just give me one more week and I'll be back I swear! I'm in the middle of some stuff and I have to straighten my RL stuff out TwT.

Status
Not open for further replies.