Through Beakers and Test Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next few weeks seemed to fly by as she taught him about life outside his old one. She taught him to cook(ending in his first food fight), how to use the dishwasher(them both cleaning suds after he put dishwashing soap in the jet dry), he could use the washer and dryer(nothing broke), she showed him how to roller blade and ride a bicycle before showing him how to skateboard; she found him what ever books she could get her hands on to show him, she started reading him to sleep starting with Treasure Planet followed by Peter Pan and they'd soon go to Dante's Inferno (by her request). The day started off like many of the others with Saki making breakfast and Nilo in the shower, the knock on the door startled her to almost dropping the pan of eggs. She straightened setting the pan aside and crept to the door peeking through the eye hole with a squeak she threw the lock and door open and jumped into her commander's arms. "I didn't expect you for another few weeks!" The taller male hugged her tight and half dragged her inside kicking the door shut behind him before locking the bolt. "How I've missed you my hell cat." She laughed pulling back to look up into his gun metal grey eyes, "thank you for not giving up on me, Kakeru." (Kakeru aka Phoenix-Commander : http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/Shadow_Darkness265/Guys/bombercardbynairchan1.jpg

Nilo came out of the bedroom, a towel still draped over his dripping hair. "Saki, I heard a noise, you okay?" He paused, a hand still on the towel when he saw the stranger standing there with her clinging to him. He blinked a few times, unsure if he should be cautious of the stranger or not. Although the last few weeks didnt involve a large amount of other people, he was slowly getting used to the idea of being around other people without jumping at every little thing. He was finally getting used to living outside of the laboratory.

He pulled the towel off his head, watching the man curiously. "Who's this?"

Saki let go of her commander and went over to Nilo giving him a half smile, "That is my commander, Kakeru, aka Phoenix he's our ride to my safe house to get a few things we need for travel and our ticket to escaping the country unseen." She ignored the wave of annoyance and hurt that came off Kakeru, she pulled her shield in tight forgetting that other's emotions stung her psych at first touch. She was still unsure if it was because of the similar wave lengths that her and Nilo had or that she had grown use to him but his flares of emotion were more breezes in the wind than typhoons slamming into her. She stepped closer to Nilo feeling his familiar psych calming her own.

Nilo tried to surpress the waves of suspicion wafting off of him. He wasnt sure if it was because he still didnt trust people, but he already didnt like him. Now he was going to have to sit in a car with him? Wonderful. Nilo inched closer to Saki in an effort to get away from the stranger. He may not trust him, but he knew he'd have to tolerate him. Saki trusted him, and according to her, he was their only way to safety.

Saki smiled hesitantly at Nilo Knowing that being around someone other than her would take time and she only hoped for civil conversation atleast.
"What do you mean 'our ticket to escaping'? You're staying here with us...right?" She sighed looking at Kakeru sadly.
"You know I can't stay here, now that I know what they do and how to replicate it." He looked at her startled at her words, she'd never told him how truely smart she was only that she would get what he needed done never how.

Nilo remained quiet during the conversation. Their conversation muffled in his ears as he focused on watching Kakeru. He noticed every movement, however small. If he tried anything, he'd be ready for it. In such a small space, Nilo wasnt about to let himself be caught off guard.

Kakeru took a step fowards hands grasping at the air as if lost as to what to do,
"This is....a new development....where will you go? What will you do? Damnit woman tell me!" He stepped closer as if to grab her arms and shake her.

Nilo stepped in front of Saki, a glare dark enough to burn set on Kakeru. Books and dishes and various other objects around them began floating. "Dont you dare touch her, or I'll make you regret it," he growled.

Kakeru froze startled by Nilo's aggrestion as the house objects began to shake, Saki touched Nilo's back gently, "It's okay Nilo, Kakeru would never harm me I always kicked his ass in training fields anyway." She rested her head on his spine gently throwing waves of calmer thoughts out even Kakeru felt the affects watching with confused and helpless eyes

Reluctantly, Nilo relaxed. The various objects that had begun floating settled back to the floor. He let Saki's calming waves flow through him, relaxing him. Finally, he stepped back, but kept his glare fixed firmly in place.

Kakeru straightened himself trying to not show that what Nilo had done shook him. "The lab has been scouring the area and have finally spread outward they'll be looking on planes and other places out of the country." Saki relaxed fully seeing that he was going to over look this incident.
"That wouldn't be the first time be a good money grubber and get us a plane out of here...somewhere with a lot of people and an ocean view...." She thought of the things she could show Nilo, "I need to go to my house first for my things first...I'm cleaning house." Kakeru looked hurt but not surprised as she'd said she was leaving forever...it seemed. She gave Nilo as smile, "Go change we're going to leave tonight."

Mention of how hard the lab was searching for him made him more than just a little nervous, but he pushed the feeling aside. Saki had told him many times already that they were getting out of there safely, and that there was nothing to worry about. He kept those reminders close at hand and nodded, heading back towards his room. He took one last glance back at Kakeru, daring him to try something while he was out of the room, before closing the door behind him. He grabbed the first pair of clean clothes he found and changed into them before returning to the living room.

"What's with him?" Saki glared at Kakeru knowing he was feeling a sliver of jealously as they had been together for a short time before she'd bowed out with not feeling the connection.
"There's nothing for him to be up with, you'd act the same if the only person who'd shown you humanity was lightly threatened." Hearing the door open she gave Kakeru a warning glance as she left throwing her clothes on as she packed a small bag with spare clothes for both herself and Nilo looking for something non-descriptive and easy to run in. She un earthed her keys to her safe house and the badges for her organization. She sighed deeply before walking out of the door hoping that everything was still intact.

While more tban a little displeased at being left alone with the stranger, Nilo kept silent. He knew Saki wouldnt be happy wotb him if he were to start a fight now, and the last thing he wanted was for her to be angry with him. He opted to just stare suspiciously at him, hoping their time together would be short lived.

When the door opened again and Saki reemerged, a small smile finally appeared on his face.

Saki felt a small burst of relief when she'd seen them only glowering at each other, "Alright let me thank the man who let us stay and we'll take our leave." Saki lead them out of the apartment daring to take one last look back at the place that had sheltered her until they'd been safe to move. She closed the door and locked it with a final sigh before making her way to the main 'lobby' if you will. The children ran past them all waving their goodbyes as they chased each other down the hall. She paused at the doorway, looking for the large man not being hard to spot she made a b line for him.

Nilo followed silently. Although they hadnt been there very long, he found himself a bit sad to be leaving. He had learned a great deal at this place, and knew it was somewhere he would never forget about. He stepped away from the children as they ran past. They were one thing he had been unable to get used to during his stay. Children. They were so small and innocent and carefree. They left him reeling at what to do with them. He didnt understand their games or their simple thoughts.

Saki thanked the man in a few words and promised to send money to help the safe house along, the man had denied her offer but after her persistence he simply smiled and took her word that Kakeru would be back next month with the money. The children and the single parents here would be happy with new clothes and other stuff that hiding away makes difficult to buy with no money.
"We take care of each other...who else will." Were her last words as she hugged him and mage her way back the men of her past and present. Taking Nilo's hand she grinned at him,
"Let's see the world through new eyes, together." Kakeru looked away from the two seeing something that he couldn't have and started ahead of the two to make sure the path was clear.

Nilo smiled and nodded at her. "Yea, together." He could hardly wait to see what the rest of the world was like. Excitement and nervousness fought for dominance, with a little tinge of fear cropping up in there.

Days of traveling made Saki mentally exhausted the constant looking in the shadows; the dodging of red and blue lights and the chilling spot between her shoulders where she believed eyes were starring at her. The week of stress made her loose sleep they finally made it to the secluded house deep in the Arizona desert unlocking the front door. She made her way to the back rooms knowing Nilo and Kakeru had made their way into the house. The floor length mirror in her office room was actually on a track to be easily slid to the left unlocking the panel that was below her desk. the ladder was made of steel as to not rot in time. She started down into the darkness.

Throughout the many days of traveling, Nilo never got more comfortable around Kakeru. He could tolerate him, but he still couldnt trust him. During the traveling, he became very nervous, jumping at even the smallest sounds. Moving so quickly made him think of the first day they ran away, and brought back all his doubts again. Were they going to catch us again? How far behind us are they? What'll they do if they do manage to catch us? It took a great deal of effort on his part not to voice his fears and aggravate Saki even more. He wasnt sure if his worries were stemming from her stress, or his genuine nervousness. Either way, their back was always being watched by either him or her.

He was quite relieved when they got to the house. He started by going through all the rooms to make sure no one had hidden in any of them, lying in wait. He also didnt sense any strange things in the rooms. He had realized when he was at the other house, that he was able to hear or feel vibrations from electronic equipment. He wasnt entirely sure why, and he had yet to ask Saki about it, but he liked it. He could sense little vibrations from things that were used in everyday life, or even things used to spy on people. Eventually, the last room he poked his head into was the one Saki was in. "Nothing strange here," he murmured, in the hopes it would relieve some of her stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.