Through Beakers and Test Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked up from the ladder when Nilo spoke and smiled, "I would hope so this house is one of many that I have placed through out the US for people to hide out." She was already chest deep into the hole below her desk it was back up against the wall so that she could see the whole room and the mirror was angled so that she could glance down the hallway watching Kakeru look around curiously at the oddly sterile rooms at was layered with dust. She glanced back at Nilo, "Want to come down and see what bounty my house holds?" She grinned at him wiggling her brow slightly.

A large grin spread across his face. "Sure!" He slipped into the room and paused at the head of the ladder, staring down. Curiosity pecked at him, wanting to know what kind of things she had hidden down there. He glanced towards Kakeru, hesitating for a moment. "Are you sure its okay to leave him up here alone?"

Saki paused for a moment and concentrated letting the tendrils of her consciousness reach out for Kakeru's mind; she had sharpened her control over the time of traveling and even though she'd known and trusted Kakeru with her life she'd kept the empathy and telekinesis between Nilo and herself. She pulled back and grinned at Nilo, "No it's fine he's not any danger to us now."

He let out a relieved sigh. He'd come to trust Saki's word even more than before during their travels. Hearing her say it calmed his doubts. He found himself wondering, not for the first time if he would ever be able to trust people like other people trusted each other. Maybe someday, after getting out from under threat of the organization he would, but for now, his doubts would remain and help keep them safe.

Saki felt the ground beneath her feet on her next step and reached to the left flicking in the light as the old bulb flickered to life the hum of the old object eased a tenseness in her shoulders that she'd forgotten was there. The small room held her cash valuables mounds of foreign cash were stacked neatly along the shelves just as she'd left them only the collection of dust there as it was above in her house. The empty duffle bag that had hung across her back was now dropped to the floor as she unzipped the cloth and began piling in their new income. "You might as well come help so that we may leave here as soon as possible."

He nodded and started helping her put all the money in the bag. "It all looks so different. I didnt think they actually would be different, not by this much anyways," he muttered, examining the money curiously as it passed though his hands. He'd seen plenty of the green money, and had heard about money from other countries, but he had thought they'd look at least a little similar. Oh how wrong he was. "So which country are we going to?"

Status
Not open for further replies.