This is A Thing

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, I know that I'm probably still in your bad books, Tom, but we're getting on decently. If Molly's jealous, she's an idiot. She's segregating herself from us, not the other way around-- I just don't want her yelling at me for not waking her up this morning. I don't want two hungover creeps at my daughter's birth, sorry. It's not the way I want to remember the day," she mumbled, opting to try and forget about it until she had to deal with it at home. She already knew her sister would be mad, and while she didn't want to deal with it, she would have to. Until then, ignoring the inevitability was the plan. "Anyway, the plan for the next few days, aside from obviously getting used to a baby, is to get our dumbass brother back with Elijah. He's like a brother to us, I'm not gonna just let him be cast out because he made one stupid mistake. Junior's cheated on him before, he's such a hypocrite, honestly..."​

"Why is our family so stubborn? Like, why can't everyone just relax? I mean- I'm being a bit hypocritical saying that myself, but like... I mean, Junior really needs to chill. And, I know I do too for my own reasons," the man murmured, a pretty big indicator of his occasional zoning out, thanks to his clearly loose mental state. He was always notorious for having somewhat intrusive thoughts, though- and he would never admit to it, naturally, due to his own stubbornness- it increased quite a bit when Megan had left. Physically blinking, he glanced over at his sister before clearing his throat. "Oh, boy. I need a nap, seriously..."

"Then nap, who's stopping you? Aleksei can carry you into the house," she shrugged, ignoring her own burning eyes, though she at least had an excuse to stay awake when she had a child cooped up in her arms. Using her other hand to push her surprisingly neat hair back from her eyes, clipping her bangs from her face successfully, she tiredly sighed at the reminder of her family. She adored them all, even Ace who was god knows where, but she equally found herself irritated by them, namely their stubbornness. She was just as stubborn, sure, but she knew she wasn't as bad as, say, Molly or Junior. "I give up with them, but they need pushing, Tom. They won't get anywhere. I'm like Dad - a bit of tough love does wonders."​

"... Until it makes them want to do everything, tenfold. You need to realize that being harsh isn't always the best way to treat things. Look, Meg, I need to stay up. I have papers due, and I want to be able to spend time with my new niece. Like... Relax. You need a nap- I'll make sure Molly doesn't say shit, okay?" He reassured, before leaning in to offer a chaste kiss on his sister's forehead, sighing.

"Seriously, you can't promise that you'll get her to shut up, Tom. That shit's impossible. She'll run her mouth off, we both know it. It's just keeping it to the minimum to avoid Valentina crying and to avoid Pa growing upset about the bickering," retorted the elder of the triplets, finally allowing herself to somewhat relax, although that was mostly by dropping the subject of Molly. Doing so was bound to relax her, given chatting about the middle triplet only brought stress on at the moment.

"You're going to have to learn to relax too, Tom. You stress a lot about your papers and exams and-- I know it's important, but you can have a social life too, you know. Go out with some friends, enjoy yourself," she murmured sleepily, forcing her eyes open when reminding herself that the baby was still in her arms. "I mean, I'd totally go out with you if I had the time."​

"I-I mean, I go out and hang with friends! I mean, I have friends at school- we're actually supposed to work on a final paper. I was planning to hang out with them tomorrow, at the lab... But then, the whole baby thing and all that sort of tossed a wrench in my plans. I'll call up Chelsea, explain everything- look, Meg, this is important to me, you know? I want to be able to support everyone without having to rely on Roman and stuff. I want to make something of me!" He squeaked, the topic being notoriously fragile

"Oh, I'm sorry my daughter ruined your chance of hanging out with friends, Thomas," she sarcastically smirked in response, handing him said baby quietly in order to rest her burning eyelids without worrying about dropping the newborn, curling up quietly underneath her coat for warmth. "Dude, that's fine. I'm totally your biggest supporter," she promised sleepily, managing to maintain the conversation while practically half-asleep already. "You do what you need to, okay? You'll succeed, you're the smartest kid in the family. We're all mega proud of you, so you'll be fine~ You can't do worse than me, I've done shit for myself. I was smart and I thought I'd travel and just... forget about my education, it's sort of dumb, really. Not that I regret marrying Aleksei--"

"You'd better not regret it," retorted the man from the front, his usually quiet and shy personality breaking a little to show some amused spirit. After all, Megan was his wife. He was going to be far more comfortable with her than he was with anyone else, and he had to have something feisty in him for Megan to find him attractive. "I mean, our wedding was amazing-- isn't Roman fond of marrying you now, Tom? I... don't want to ruin the secret, but he's been asking about my wedding a lot lately. About the details and stuff. Maybe he's planning something or... I don't know, he confuses me."​

"As if. Let's be honest, Roman wants nothing to do with me when it comes to marriage, and like, I guess I'm okay with it? I mean, we're both busy people. Him with his skeevy underground stuff and me with my classes. I wish he'd marry me some day, but I won't hold my breath..." Tommy admitted, as he carefully held the baby with pursed lips. "She's so small, it's crazy- I'm surprised you only popped out one."

"Don't be so quick, Tom. I know fro a fact that Roman's got a ring," blurted Megan with an easy grin, peeking her eyes open. She would be the first person to be told if there was a plan to propose. Aleksei would just freak out and stress about it, so Megan was probably Roman's first choice to discuss the marriage proposal with. "Just be patient, hm? And sure, she's tiny, but all babies are, huh? And honestly, if I'd had more, I wouldn't cope. One's plenty for the rest of my life. I'm not Pa. I don't have it in me to deal with a bunch of kids at one time, really."​

"... He did mention a ring, yeah. But that doesn't mean he's ready to drop to his knees and carry me over the threshold. He'll probably bring it up every now and then to poke fun at me, you know. Like I said, he's busy. That's okay if he doesn't want me as a husband. Hell, he barely wants me as a boyfriend..."

"So that's why he got so offended earlier? Because he doesn't want to be with you? Don't be dumb, Tom. He wouldn't have gotten so angry with Pa and Dad if he didn't love you, you know that. He loves you. He's just an asshole sometimes, but aren't we all? I honestly don't think Aleksei should be with me because I'm not a sweet sort of girl. I'm a bitch when I want to be--"

"You're being stupid. I... I've told you, I love you. I married you a-and had our daughter because I love you, I mean... Sure, you're irritating sometimes, but... I wouldn't have you any other way." Aleksei cheekily grinned, looking back at her once at the traffic lights. "Honestly, you two are doubting that me and Roman love you? It's... silly. Roman loves you, tom. I love Megan. I'ts pretty simple."​

"I dunno. I just feel like- I mean, I know he's getting better, and trying. He had sex with me! Like... T-That's never happened before, to me. At the same time, I don't expect him to suddenly be an angel who will pamper me. He's still rugged, and rude..." He reminded warily, before carefully easing back. "I just want everything to slow down."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I didn't do anything slow, clearly. It's fucking stressful. Having a kid and having an apartment decorated and needing my approval, while dealing with this insane family? It's nightmarish." Megan grumpily began, groaning at the sudden restart of the car moving, curling up smaller to try and get to sleep before they arrived home. If she was asleep, she didn't have to deal with Molly and Pavor. "It'll be fine, Thomas. Roman's a dick, but he loves you. I'm a jerk, and Aleksei loves me. I think it'll be fine-- and hey, when you're married with a bunch of kids in some fancy-ass house, you can tell me I was right~"​

"Yeah, well, until then? I'm right. I know for a fact that Roman will want some grandiose house, but like.. I'm content with a small apartment. Like, I don't think I could live in such an open space- I'm used to being crowded and cramped by all of you guys, you know? To, like, the point where I enjoy it... Well, sort of. It'll definitely be nice knowing that there isn't two people having sex in the other room."

"Yes, thank you." Aleksei cringed, that being the one thing he and Roman had in common - neither of them particularly like discussing sex, and they weren't particularly open about sexual conversations either, unlike Megan who would happily talk about it whenever she was asked. She wasn't someone who shied away from topics. If she was asked something, she genuinely answered with her honest opinion, regardless of whether it upset someone.

Pulling up outside the small home, the man eagerly rushed around to help out his sleepy wife and their new daughter, gushing the instant he clapped his eyes back on her. However, he did find his attention distracting away when noticing a hovering boy on the doorstep of the home, who hurried forward once spotting Thomas in the car.

"Hey, Tom? I... I brought some books and stuff, thought we could study-- I didn't know your sister was, uh--"

"It's cool, relax. You can stay, Mikey. I like you." Megan murmured as she eyed her brother's best friend with a playful grin. She knew him, of course. She had grown up with the boy, practically. They had been in the same classes since the triplets and Michael were four, and he only lived a few houses down. Of course they were going to be close, though Michael had always been closest to Thomas, mostly because he graduated with him and was now in college with him. Besides, Tommy was the only person he really shared his secrets with.

"I can? Oh... cool, yeah! Super!" Responded Mikey nervously, pushing his bubblegum pink hair from his face as he dared a look at the baby. "She's cute, really. Really cute, yeah. I... don't wanna, like, intrude, or... anything. I mean, I know I'm not intruding, 'cause I've slept over here, like, a billion times, but... this is totally a family thing, and... I don't wanna be interrupting... it... so..."

"I've said you can stay, right? Elijah's like family, and so are you. Besides, who's Tommy going to talk to if you don't stay? His boyfriend's run off somewhere, and he'll just be lingering moodily on the sidelines if you don't come on in. Besides, my Pa will force you to stay. He's always liked you." Megan yawned, ruffling Mikey's hair up to try and get the usually anxious boy to relax. "Oi, Tom, get your buddy to quit freaking out, will you? He's gonna stay for dinner. And Vlad will be here~"

"Vlad... right, a-aha... He's dating Elijah, isn't he? Or slept with him, I don't think he's interested in me." Laughed Mikey, avoiding blushing by hiding his face and shoving the hood of his sweatshirt up, all while glancing helplessly at Thomas. "Tell your sister to stop making fun, would you? We all know I fancy Vladimir, it doesn't need to be made fun of, I don't stand a chance."

a46byjyfyf.jpg

Blinking back the genuine surprise of his closest friend Tommy couldn't help but offer a nervous, albeit loving and genuine smile. Snatching his bag, he hurried his way over to the man before offering a chaste kiss to his cheek. Having had a crush on the boy, he still held his overly affectionate actions over the years despite the fact that he had locked into Roman.

"Mike, seriously. Meg is right, you know you're allowed- granted, everything is a tad bit panicked, you know? What, with the baby on all. That doesn't matter, though, I'm sure everyone'I'll leave us alone to study if they're not total jerks. Just, head to my room, okay? Unless you see two naked bodies," he insisted, as he hurried up the small stairs to the front door, only to hold it. Michael had been his rock for years, often relying on him when he was sent to the hospital each time he relapsed with cookies.

"Naked bodies? Oh, right, aha... Molly and her boyfriend, right? Isn't he supposed to be, like, over six and a half foot or something ridiculous like that? Tom, I can't walk into the room if he's getting 'busy' with your sister, he'll break me in half in anger, right? You know what I'm like, I get awkward and crack jokes and... I'm fine," he quickly babbled, forcing himself to calm down after his usual bout of nonsensical mutterings. He did often talk out of nervousness, and the thought of walking in on Molly and Pavor did fill him with dread, especially after everything he had heard about the latter. He wasn't someone Mikey particularly wanted to interrupt.

"Hey, you can hang out with your niece, Tom. I can wait around in your backyard with an iced tea or... I could go see Vlad for a bit? When he's back, obviously... I know he wanted me to show him how to fix some bugs on his laptop," he suggested as casually as he could as he wandered to the door hurriedly... though his pink cheeks were hardly a symbol of coolness. Hell, he was anything but composed at the mention of Vlad. Sure, he had often looked at Tommy with affection, but he figured nothing would happen when the neko was bonded. Vlad was bonded, but, strangely, he wasn't all over Elijah. That was literally the only reason Mikey thought he stood a chance - if Elijah could resist the bond enough to remain in love with Junior first and foremost, then Michael could achieve that with Vlad one day, couldn't he? Even if Vlad was reckless and hardly committed himself to relationships.​

"I'm not going to just force you out back with an iced tea. You're pretty much a part of this family, I don't see why you should feel obligated to do that. Hey, I'll just kick them out- I'm pissed at them enough to kick them out for other reasons, but that's besides the point. Look, let'a just go to the attic and study, hm? I'm sure Meg doesn't mind me spending some time doing work," he babbled on in return, as he carefully took the other's hand to lead him in, smiling. Yeah, Tommy was the stuttering and blubbering idiot most people saw him as when he was anxious, but those issues were practically unnoticed compared to Mikey's. "... Very subtle, by the way, about Vlad."

"I've always liked Vlad, you know that. Literally, remember at your 12th birthday party? I think I followed Vlad around like a puppy. He was this super cool 16-year-old, and I think I've always been this geeky idiot. Do you think he likes me, though? Seriously, like, does he talk about me? I sound like a thirteen year old girl, huh?" He groaned, waving absently at Megan as he trudged up the stairs, smiling quietly at the photographs that lined the walls. It was a stark contrast to his walls at home - his father hardly had any photographs of him, and the excuse that he hadn't 'thought about taking any' wasn't particularly pleasing either.

"C'mon though, like... He's super hot. I know he's your brother and all, but he is. He's dreamy, Tom," he gushed with a playful smirk, stopping to helpfully pull down the staircase to the attic. He was taller than Tommy by a few inches, so he was used to leaning over him to help him out. "Honestly, he wouldn't wanna date me, though. I'm not cool or awesome. Besides, I don't think he'd appreciate my hobbies, you know. I know Vlad's open with his sexuality and stuff, but... h-hey, you haven't told him, have you?" He blurted in horror, sitting by the opening of the attic to wait for his friend to climb up. "Like, I trust you a lot, a lot, but you haven't told anyone about it, right? It was only a bit of fun, a prank, y'know? My brother dared me to try on all that girly stuff, makeup and dresses and-- It was all a huge joke, a-aha... Not serious at all, but Vlad might think I wanted to do all that, s-so..."​

"What do you take me for, a jerk? Dude, besides, there were a lot more important things to talk about when he was on the run- not that you're unimportant! J-Just... Plus, I know how absolutely infatuated you are with him. I mean, I don't see the appeal, but hey... Look, let's not talk about this now, until we're upstairs? Would you want to stay for dinner, by the way? We're all, like, mass ordering take-out." He murmured, as he trudged up the creaky stairs with a smile. "Hey, maybe hack into his laptop and like, save all of his photos and stuff?"

Status
Not open for further replies.