This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I mean, sure. Takeaway sounds great. My Dad is working nights, so he'll probably leave me out a tin of soup and I hate that, so... yeah, I'll stay, if it's not too much trouble," he accepted hurriedly before the opportunity potentially was taken away, quietly setting out his various notepads and pen-sets from his backpack to study, as he religiously did almost every day.

"I'm not hacking into his laptop, Tom. I don't want to see any photos of him snogging some girl or whatever, you know? I like him, a lot, but he sees me as his little brother's weirdo friend. I'm not an idiot, I know he barely notices me," he chuckled, hunching his knees into a cross-legged position. "...You're lucky you have Roman. He's really cool, from what you say. I've never met him-- which sucks. When do I get to meet him, Tom? I'm your best friend, aren't I? I'd let you meet my boyfriend."​

"Well, he's out and stuff. Doing some shifty business, I'm guessing. It's really no big deal, you know? He's... Not someone who you'd normally want to date- well, I mean, someone probably loves the whole 'bad boy a part of the mafia' aesthetic. He wasn't like that when we were kids, though. I'm along for the ride, I guess. Hey, look- if you and Vlad don't end up together, I promise I'll find you someone amazing, aright?" He cooed, before tugging out a few pillows from the chest he held most of his lounge supplies. After all, no one else seemed to take up the space upstairs, and he was far more comfortable up there than in his bed sometimes. Dropping his own things, he huffed and spread himself out with a small smile. "Everything is just really weird right now."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"You'll find someone for me? Tom, no offence, but you don't have any other friends beside from Chelsea. Literally, it's only us three. Where are you going to find me someone? Look, I'll date Vlad one day, I'm pretty certain. He'll wake up one day, look at me, and it'll be like in movies. He'll realise I've been under his nose all this time and we'll kiss under moonlight and-- whatever, I'm obviously romanticising, but I'm certain he'll like me," he muttered, moving to lay on his stomach and, after shoving his bubblegum hair under his beanie, he shot his friend one of his bright grins. "Hey, wanna go out tomorrow? Chelsea wants to go to a gay bar. Like, she's hardly going to find a boyfriend in there, right? But it could be fun. We never goof off and go out-- and Chelsea said she can get us fake IDs. C'mon, it'll be fun~"​

"Mikey, you know I can't go to dance clubs..." he reminded warily, as he rested his head on his closed fist. "I can't handle the closed space and loud people. Look, if you want me to come, don't expect me to be on the floor getting all messed up. I'll just sit back and stuff, okay?" He murmured, the topic of his lack of social skills always tending to be a major downer.

"What, because I'm so social and extroverted? Tom, we're not party-animals. I just thought we could get a few drinks, maybe I could drag Vlad along and get him drunk. It's the only chance I stand of looking remotely attractive, but I guess me potentially making out with your brother is vomit-inducing, huh?" He grinned, opening his notepad and immediately grimaced to himself at the scribbled, almost illegible notes that lined a good ten pages or so. He wasn't particularly in the mood to revise, even if that was why he had come around. However, like Tom, he had sacrificed a lot in order to get the marks he needed - he was in a similar position, being the only one in his family who had gone so far in his education, and he could definitely help their financial situation if he passed his assessments... even if he sometimes wanted nothing more than to drop out and sleep all day.

"...Maybe we can study in a little bit? I'm exhausted, Tom. My Dad was out all night and my dog escaped so I had to search for him in the night and... I haven't slept much," he admitted, rolling onto his back and resting his hands over his chest tiredly. "I'll study in a little bit, promise. I mean, we have to, but-- hey, why don't you invite your boyfriend out with us tomorrow?"​

"Hey, you can take a nap if you want. I mean, that sounds terrible. See, I can handle going days with sleep- I've done it before. You, on the other hand? You're a wimp." He teased lightly, before offering a small smile. Shimmying off his jacket, he offered it to the other with a soft huff, before moving to lie besides the other to stare up at the roof. "I don't know. I mean, Roman doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that's into parties- did you know we had sex? Like... Actual sex?"

"You're f-fucking kidding me, right? You had sex? Like, proper sex? So you're not a virgin?" He blurted almost immediately, forgetting every anxiety he had about ignoring his studies (if only temporarily for a break) and his inner contemplation about Vlad in order to focus on the bombshell that Thomas easily dropped. In a mixture of delight for his friend and casual jealousy, he hitched himself up into a seated position and nudged his best friend with eager eyes. "Oi, how was it? Like, I'm the only one out of me, you and Chelsea who hasn't done it, which is pretty sad I guess-- no it's not, it just means it'll be great when I meet the right guy, that's what my brother said. Anyway! When did you, like, do it? Today? You would have told me if you did it yesterday or whatever... Shit Tom, you have to text Chelsea and tell her. She was gonna come but she had that new part-time job of hers today."​

"Yeah, had it a few hours ago, actually..." He began, trying his hardest to keep his cool, only to burst into a fit of giggles. Bashfully rolling away, much like a twelve year old would, he absently fiddled with his pillow. "It was weird, but nice. Kinda awkward to have sex in a hospital room, to be honest- I swear, I thought I was going to have a panic attack the entire time. Like, how could I not be nervous. And Roman? He was amazing..." He happily moaned, before peaking over his shoulder with a smile.

"In a hospital? J-Jeez, Tom! That's... pretty mad, but it's sort of cool too, I guess? Definitely memorable, at least," he chuckled with his cheeks slightly flushed from the myriad of emotions shooting through him, though more than anything, he was beyond happy for his friend. They didn't dramatically whine about their lacking love lives, but the topic had raised its head now and then, and knowing that Tommy had done something finally was good-- even if it left Mikey the only one out of their little group who hadn't done anything that sexual. The farthest he had gone was kissing someone as a dare when he was fourteen, and that was hardly something to recall with pride.

"Seriously though, I don't want to be twenty and not even had a proper kiss, Tom. I mean, I'm not in a rush to, like, have sex. I don't care about that, but a kiss isn't much to ask," he admitted warily, biting the inside of his cheek. "I'm not ugly, right? I mean, I... I know I'm not super handsome, but I'm decent, I think. I... it's whatever, I don't know."​

"You're beyond handsome, Mike. You know that I adore you, right? And that means someone else should,too. And hey- if you want a proper kiss, I'd be willing to offer you one? I don't want you to be a kiss virgin. Besides,you know I used to have feelings for you. So, just... keep your head up, okay? If a messed up person like me can find someone, you can too." He promised, before offering a chaste kiss on the other's forehead

"You say you liked me, but you never made the move, Tom. I'd probably have reciprocated the kiss, to be fair-- but hey, you have this suave, charming guy now. I'm imagining he's handsome, huh? The way you gush about him, he has to be. And like hell do I want to piss off some dangerous guy by kissing his boyfriend, you know? I'll be fine, I'm not a total lost cause yet--"

"Hey nerds~ Why are you hiding up here? I mean, I get you're both, like, social recluses, but fuck me, come down and hang out with the family, huh? Everyone's here, besides Elijah and don't even ask me where Mol and Pavor are, but everyone else is here." Vlad began, the older brother pushing past the two and towards the back of the attic to tug up a floorboard and root around before triumphantly pulling out a bag of weed. "Don't tell Dad. I'm trying to get back into Junior's good books after fucking his boyfriend, so this seems the best way to do that, y'know? Hand him free stuff I had saved up-- just come downstairs Tom. Pa's ordering takeaway in a sec, you want something to eat, right? And bring Mark with you, I'm sure Pa would love to see him~"

"...I'm Mike, not Mark. I mean... it's not an issue, I just... it's not my name." Mike piped up quietly, the fact Vlad genuinely didn't even know his name being disheartening. Mikey had been in the family since he was about five, and had visited almost every week in some capacity, so knowing Vlad hadn't taken much notice of him over all those years didn't do much for his self-esteem. "Aha, ha... let's go downstairs, Tom. I'm starving, like, I haven't eaten in a day, literally."​

"I was sort of looking forward to be able to get away from all of the panic," Tom admitted though, whilst watching the two get up to shimmy down the stairs, reluctantly trailed along. Having always been someone to follow the crowd, he easily abandoned his comfortable lounging only to re-enter the havoc. "... Oh boy. Lovely. The food isn't even here yet, is it?"

"Well we haven't ordered it yet, obviously. I think you'd have run riots if we ordered your food for you, I know you're fussy over that," the elder brother mumbled as he shoved the bag into his pocket and cracked his knuckles once down from the ladder. "We were gonna wait for Mol and Pavor, just to soften them up and hope they don't yell at everyone, but if they take too long, we'll order. Likewise, want to make sure Elijah's here so him and Junior can reconnect or whatever else couples do. I mean, I feel bad about it, sure, and I want them back together, if Junior stops being so fucking stubborn. It's ridiculous, y'know?-- Should we wait for Roman to get back too? I mean, it's not fair to leave people out, right?"​

"No, no, Roman won't be back until mad late. He said he'd be come later, s-so... just, save some leftovers? Wait- how are you going to get Elijah? He could be halfway to Alberta by now. It'll be a little hard to get him back, right?" Tom offered, before carefully moving around the messy hallway to the living room. "I think it's just as likely as getting Ace here."

"Hey, the guy's still technically my master, right? I'd know if he'd fled the city, it'd hurt like hell-- like it did when I left. Nah, he's definitely still here. I've asked Junior to text him, so fingers crossed he'll get onto that and we can have a family meal, hm? And I'm sure Ace will turn up soon," he promised-- even if it was obviously a thing he had no validity to promise upon. He had no idea where Ace was, how he was or what he was doing. It was highly plausible that the other quadruplet would never return, for whatever reason he had. "I know Megan wants to go looking--"

"I can run an online search? I'm good with those things." Mike piped up, seeing an opportunity not just to help the family, but perhaps to get some of Vlad's attention and perhaps show that he wasn't just some 'nerd' friend of Tommy's. "I mean, I'm not promising miracles, but...I can definitely give it a shot!"​

"That's true. If anyone can find Ace, it's Mike," Tommy pipped up, before offering a timid smile. "I mean, do we have to, though? What if something bad happened? You know how pa will react- knowing him, he'll... I dunno, nothing good. Maybe its best we just leave it be and hope that Ace'll come out of the woodwork on his own?"

"Nothing bad has happened. I think I'd have a weird sense if something bad happened, you know? Ace was my best buddy as kids. We were practically identical. I think I'd have some sort of inkling if he was seriously hurt. It sounds dumb, but I believe I'd know," he admitted quietly, the topic of Ace easily provoking Vlad's more sensitive side. After all, despite being the opposite to him, he and Ace had always been pictured together as children. They were almost identical after all, and they bounced off one another's personalities - Ace calmed Vlad down, and Vlad livened Ace up.

"Hey, Mikey, right? I'd appreciate you looking into it for me. Do that, and I dunno, I'll get you something as a reward. Do you smoke? I know a guy who can get you cigarettes really cheap."

"I... don't really, no-- I'll do it just because, y'know? You guys are like a second family, so... it's cool, dude." Mikey responded, cringing to himself at the use of 'dude', though had blurted it in an effort to appeal to Vlad and seem cool, though it appeared to have no effect... though he was used to being ignored by Vlad now. It had always apparently been that way.​

Offering a (not so) subtle thumbs up, he had carefully cleaned off a space on the den's coffee table. Tommy didn't want his best friend to be disappointed, so- while it might hurt Vlad, being apart from Elijah- he was desperate to have Mikey hook up with his brother. "We can do it now, o-or after dinner, if you prefer!"

"I'll do it now, totally. I'll go grab my laptop from my bag and get on it, huh? And I can multitask by eating at the same time, it's all cool. I'll just have chow mein or something, nothing too much. I don't wanna be a burden, so-- anyway, just order for me, I'll be right back," promised the now excited and energetic human, dashing upstairs with a grin permanently fixed on his expression in the dizzying possibility that this was his opportunity to get close to Vlad. He wasn't pinning too much hope, but it was a boost of optimism he had been lacking for years.

"Your friend's weird, Tom. Like, not in a bad way. He's like a puppy. More so than I am, and I'm an inu, y'know?" Mumbled an oblivious Vlad as he flopped onto the couch and rolled his eyes at the faint crying of the baby from the kitchen - though he realised it was probably a sound he had to get used to for a while. "What was the thumbs up about, anyway? It was pretty obvious, you know, and I don't like being kept out of the loop~ You're my baby brother, I wanna know what you're up to and stuff."​

"That's a good question! A-Anyway... do you think this is a good idea? What if Ace doesn't want to come home? What if he's content doing whatever the hell it is he's doing? He's going to Yale on a scholarship for christs sakes!" He insisted, his cheeks flushed in frustration. Tommy loved Ace, sure, but he held a pretty big grudge against the man. He awlqaua saw Ace as being better than him, in nearly every way: his looks, his school, his home... he envied that, so like hell did he want him in his home

Status
Not open for further replies.