The Zodiacs: Stand Still

• Thread starter Lady With Class
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still open?
Yep! We have physician spots open, as well as some scientists, if you'd like to check out the cast list ;)

@Lady With Class @DarkiusHeavenstein Chars aren't finished yet, but will have them done either later tonight or tomorrow^^
here's a link just to see them so far^^

Chemist: Dominic Beaumont-www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-zodiacs-stand-still.133000/page-4#post-2755989
Physician: Adriana Locke-The Zodiacs: Stand Still | Page 4 | IwakuRoleplay.com
Immune: Lethal Ramirez-The Zodiacs: Stand Still | Page 4 | IwakuRoleplay.com
Oh my god, I love them so far!! I can't wait to see the rest ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Hope it's up to spec! Let me know if you spot any inconsistencies or "plot holes", so I can fix them. I have a very scatterbrained approach to character creation so some of these things may have been glossed over.

[fieldbox="Marcus Daniel Alder, #8B6969, solid"]

[stabs=bcenter|100%]
{slide=Overview|center}
Name: Goes by Daniel
Nicknames: Dan (Informal), Dr. Alder (Formal), Marcus (Personal/Significant Other)
Birth Date: February 14 (The irony is not lost on him)
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Sexuality: Heterosexual
{/slide}
{slide=Biography|center}
Appearance: A slim, bespectacled male with keen brown eyes and a head of messy brown hair who stands at an exact six feet. His face is angular and yet also soft, with thin eyebrows and a weak jawline that give him a more compassionate appearance. His skin is pale - almost unhealthily so - and rather smooth thanks to his habitual herbal baths.

His attire is elegantly simple in its design - Black slacks and jacket with dark brown dress shoes, white long-sleeved tee and red tank undershirt hanging loose over the belt, and completing the image is a muted red, almost maroon tie along with a similarly-colored scarf that nearly never leaves his neck. On his right hand is a ring made of a beautiful amethyst, the only heirloom he has from his biological parents. How many layers he wears is a demonstration of just how casual the occasion is. Full ensemble? All business. No jacket? Day off. Only undershirt? Lounging about in his own residence. No shirt at all? In bed.

Background: Born in the aftermath of the Stand Still and the Plagues that swept the world, Marcus had miraculously survived his parents' death by affliction. They were one of the last few to be infected before the Plagues finally died out, and as a result Marcus grew up in foster care. His foster parents were scientists of notable accolade, and so it was inevitable that he would follow in their footsteps. Marcus was homeschooled for all of his childhood, and while he was no prodigy he took to their teachings rather quickly. As a young teen, Marcus was learning at the collegiate level, and it was thanks to his brilliant parents and quick intellect that he excelled in the sciences, at least compared to other children his age. At the tender age of fourteen, Marcus was released into the world and allowed to enroll in nearly any academy he desired.

Unfortunately, it was then that the first sweepings of the Dread were making their rounds, but Marcus didn't know of this curious illness until well into his first year at the Oregon Health & Science University. Over the course of his six years of medical studies, several students dropped out due to an unspecified illness only described as "an unusual panic attack" along with varying symptoms. On his 20th birthday, Marcus finished the program and was almost immediately recruited into the Eythix laboratories as a physician. While not a full PhD, Marcus still had the required knowledge to take care of one of the few known as the Immune.
{/slide}
{slide=Personality|center}
Personality: Marcus tends to be a bit reserved and soft-spoken, but is also very compassionate and cares for his patients as well as his friends. He empathizes with the Immune and makes sure they are comfortable at all times. He can be a bit depressive at times, but always puts on a brave face, even if not a completely happy one. As a homeschooled child, Marcus lacks in social prowess and acts somewhat awkwardly in social situations. He's also a hopeless romantic because of this, and doesn't know what to say if he happens to develop feelings for someone.

Habits/Quirks
  • Smokes every now and then, particularly when anxious. Only smokes outside and only around those who don't mind it, if around anyone at all.
  • Taps his chin lightly when thinking about something.
  • Cleans his glasses as something of a nervous tic - he'll do so even if they don't need to be cleaned when nervous or embarrassed.
  • Whistles aimlessly - to no particular melody - when performing mundane tasks such as sorting paperwork.
Strengths
  • Compassionate and understanding, especially towards those under his care.
  • His soft demeanor makes him easy to approach and talk to.
  • Quick thinking and sharp of mind.
Weaknesses
  • Soft-spoken, tends to have difficulty being assertive.
  • Lack of social skill and confidence.
  • Somewhat fragile, doesn't deal well with rejection in any of its forms.
Fears
  • Major - Fear of failure or letting others down.
  • Major - Fear of doing something to lose someone's trust - particularly his designated Immune's.
  • Minor - Fear of spiders and "creepy crawlies".
{/slide}
{slide=Relationships|center}
Friends
  • To be determined...
Neutral
  • To be determined...
Enemies
  • Marcus doesn't really have it in him to hate anyone.
Family
  • Arthur Wallace Alder, M.D. - Marcus' foster father and a prestigious doctor in Oregon.
  • Marissa Claire Alder (née Smith) - Marcus' foster mother and foremost research scientist in Oregon.
{/slide}
{slide=Extra|center}
Theme Music: Out of Phase
More to go here..?
{/slide}
[/stabs]
[/fieldbox]
Whoops! I missed you ;) I love him! I'll add him to the cast list in a moment ;)

@Lady With Class my Immune's father is going to be a former member of The Scorpion Gang if that's cool, which means he is the son of a Gang Member, but more will be told in his bio^^
Missed this as well >.< Hole in my notifications! Yeah, that's totally fine! I have a character coming up that was a member of the Scorpions so that's fine ;)

Whoops! I missed you ;) I love him! I'll add him to the cast list in a moment ;)

Missed this as well >.< Hole in my notifications! Yeah, that's totally fine! I have a character coming up that was a member of the Scorpions so that's fine ;)
rofl, so seeing Lethal xD, that will be awkward, since I was going to have Lethal just being there for a like a week or so, one of the newer discovered Immune.

@Prince Shattered Charming
Ahhh, Adriana's so cute so far!! Do you think she and Keiko would be friends..? I would like that 100%...
I would love that^^

WIP

giphy.gif

Name:
Fox Elijah Rylan

Nickname:
Ry

Birth Date:
August 15th

Zodiac Sign:
Leo

Sexuality:
Bi-Curius

Appearance:
Hair- Dirty Blonde
Eye Color- Blue
Height- 6'0''
Weight- 178lbs
Usual Clothing Style- Fox typically wears plain t-shirts under hoodies, jeans or sweatpants and sneakers. He hates anything dressy or otherwise confining.
Distinguishing Features- A couple of scars from fighting on the streets, as well as in the Scorpions. He's never seen without a sweatshirt.

Ability:
Pyrokinesis
Control over fire.

Living Space:
(A photo or a description of their living space at Eythix)

Background:
(5 Sentences at least)

Personality:
≈ ♦ Warm | Prideful | Opinionated | Theatrical | Generous | Leaderly | Protective | Dominating | Self-Confident | Charming | Enthusiastic | Romantic | Decisive | Dogmatic | Challenging ♦ ≈​

Habits/Quirks:
He grits his teeth when angered and chews his lip when nervous.
Looks up from beneath his eyelashes when his flirting or when he's trying to convince someone to do what he wants.
Can't look anyone in the eye when he's upset.
Shrugs things off but when he gets truly hurt he lashes out in return.
Sticks pencils and pens behind his ear without thinking about it.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Fears:
Not being noticed. Fox likes being in the spotlight and falling out of it, scares him. He also has a acute fear of abandonment, leading him to be nervous in the dark as well. He can't stand being left behind - in fact, he much prefers leading the pack. Dolls make him nervous as well as dirty-talk (when he's not the one doing the talking).

Likes/Dislikes:
(Optional)

Relationships:
- Friends -
People you like, and are friends with
- Neutral -
People you could care less about
- Enemies -
People you hate with a fiery passion, or just dislike
- Family -

Extra:

tumblr_m27l7u1y2e1rntl15.gif
xD both Zodiacs from Scorpion xD, they know how to get the tough guys lol. After you finish Fox and I finish Lethal, see if they will either be best buds..or hate one another. Aries and Leos tend to either love one another or compete to see who's the best (I have like three Leo friends and two other Aries friends... competitive as fuck xD)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm pretty sure that Fayah would love everybody, once they actually met xD

GM POST

So, I'm just gonna post an update on character things as well as updates on everything. It's mostly for my own organization. I also got this idea from other awesome GM's and it totally worked for them so I'm going to do it to.

Just a Summary of the Last Update: Once we get enough physicians, the pairings can begin. Living Spaces will also be decided at this time because it will just be easier xD. The Zodiac spots are also all taken up so that's awesome! However, we still need scientists and physicians.

Next up is the secrets and plot twists awaiting you guys in the roleplay!! I'm really excited to introduce them, and I guess I'm just writing this here as a teaser? Definitely know though, that a ton of things will unfold, as well as dangers.

Now is the character things since the OOC is crazy and I can't find anything xD Let me know if I've forgotten something or messed something up!

Accepted
Micah Visnjic ~ @DarkiusHeavenstein
Emmanuel Ender ~ @Lady With Class
Irma Dunst ~ @CrimDemon
Koro Fletcher ~ @universalbore
Marcus 'Daniel' Alder ~ @Solister

WIP
Oogami Keiko ~ @SanguineCetus
Sakura Queens ~ @FallenStar
Yan He Valkyrie ~ @InternalAssumpter
Dominic Beaumont ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Adriana Locke ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Lethal Ramirez ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Faye Nixon ~ @Raven Haruka
Login Bens ~ @universalbore
Fox Rylan ~ @Lady With Class

(Next time it will be more in depth but I gotta go!)

~ THIS HAS BEEN A MESSAGE FROM THE GM ~

I will make a physician or scientist if more are needed.

249b3bc2c0192ca48e6ad897ab2b2693.jpg

Name:
Clark August

Nickname:
Superman (Supes), The Wall, Rambo

Birth Date:
December 7th

Zodiac Sign:
Sagittarius

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

afb26519843752d17ce010eaf01e9374.jpg

Hair- Black/Blue Hue
Eye Color- Deep Blue
Height- 6'2''
Weight- 189 lbs
Clothing Style- Typically Clark enjoys sporting a faded fitted black hoodie underneath of a brown tinted leather jacket, underneath the hoodie he wears nothing. On his legs are a pair of fitted dark blue levi's along with a black belt to hold up his pants. He also wears a pair of black motorcycle boots.

Distinguishing Features- One scar across his back, Dark features, Piercing eyes, Usual smile.

Ability:

Sturdy/Healing Factor
Clark has been known for taking a beating, and well... Almost anything. An explosion that should have killed him left Clark with just a few scars, and those scars healed relatively quickly. Though, in spite of this Clark feels the full brunt of the pain given, even if he heals faster then most... And consistent damage to the same area will weaken the healing factor to that region of the body. He is strong, but by no means invulnerable.

Living Space:

Jauregui-Architects-Interiors-Construction-7.jpg

aca15aed5dc4dc96b61f87685ad50871.jpg

Background:

Life in the slums were difficult, and in order to survive in this world most needed to side with a faction, a gang of some kind. That fact was no different for a younger Clark. His father was never around, in fact his father went M.I.A when Clark was thirteen years old leaving just Clark and his mother, ill from effects of the dread. Cho-Hee (Clark's Mother) was born under the sign of Aries, so it began to effect her mind...

Dementia set in, a little at first, merely forgetting where some things were here and there, though it gradually grew worse and worse. By the time Clark was fifteen due to his uncanny similarity to his father she began to confuse the young Clark for her husband. This often would lead to yelling, hitting, anger... She was upset for him leaving, for her husband leaving her and her child's side. In spite of his trying situation, Clark remained by his mother's side until she passed on when he turned eighteen.

Clark did find solace during these hard times in three things, the Scorpion Gang which he joined when he was younger, Mimi a female member of the Scorpions, and Keiko a girl he had come to know in the gang. After the death of his mother the gang became all he knew, they were like a second family to Clark... And it did not take long for the young man to move up in their ranks. Everyday was spent with Mimi, and often the two would visit Keiko to ensure she was doing well... The three were inseparable almost. Though, the peace of mind he found in the group would be ripped from him after one fateful day. Mimi his close friend, and one of the few female members of the gang was taken advantage of by a few of the more unsavory male members... And left quivering half naked in a dark alley.

When Clark came across her, clothes torn to shreds, tears staining her cheeks... He felt a rage build up inside... And upon finding out who did this quickly hunted down them down and beat them nearly to death. The other members of the Scorpion gang understood his anger, some even rallying behind the young man... But even so, one of the higher ups decided that instead of nearly killing the members responsible, Clark should have instead came to them with the information first. That way justice could have been served in a more... Diplomatic way. Tensions rose and appalled by the response given, Clark instead decided to leave the gang to avoid fighting within the pack.

Needless to say Mimi felt unsafe in her own gang, and Clark in a sense felt responsible for not being there to help her. With a heavy heart Clark took Mimi to meet with the Daughter's of Bastet, a gang he felt she would be safe in... And so the two went their separate ways. As for his relationship with Keiko... Well, that slowly dissolved... Clark continued to visit her, but slowly the visits began to slow until nothing at all. To this day in spite of Clark's distance, he deeply cares for both girls.

One day Eythix approached the young man, and after being made aware of who he was, and the antidote he may carry Clark agreed to join them.

Personality:

-Positive-
Personable, Courageous, Kind, Warm, Curious, Mindful, Adventurous, Optimistic, Generous, Independent, Funny

-Negative-
Blunt, Restless, Commitment, Reckless, Hard on Self, Detached Emotionally (At Times)

Habits/Quirks:
When in thought, brings his hand to his lips much like the thinking man pose.
Horrible liar, often looks away or almost through the person he lies to.
Often seen smiling, but more so in a grin.
Takes things a bit too seriously at times, mainly in competition settings.
Eyes are usually narrowed in a glare, not so much in anger, but due to thought.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

-Strengths-

- Strong Fighter
- Iron Will
- Imaginative
- Compassionate

-Weaknesses-

- Commitment
- Over Confident
- Reckless
- Impatient

Fears:

Heavy Confinement, freedom is very important to Clark... And the feeling of having someone or anyone rip away your sense of freedom, your choice, your identity scares him. Last thing he would like is to become a puppet, or a shadow of his former self.

Lonely Adventure, it's ironic but being so adventurous and independent Clark is... He fears experiencing all of that by himself. Though relationships seem to scare him, the prospect of being alone through his adventures scares him more. He'd love a partner in crime.

Memory Loss, the thought of dementia frightens Clark. To think that everyone you know, everything you experience could just vanish over time always fills Clark with a sense of dread.

Likes/Dislikes:

-Likes-
Active Lifestyle
A Challenge
Exploring
Warm Showers
Leather Jackets
Spicy Food

-Dislikes-
Wasting Time
Fake Individuals
Sour Food
Being Still
Spiders
Heights

Relationships:

- Friends -

ee9d70f275fe404cb5a605d18744e190_400x400.jpeg

Keiko Oogami
One of Clark's closest friends, the two use to share a very close bond while Clark was in the Scorpion gang. Though that connection slowly dwindled out of Clark's own guilt. To this day Clark worries about her well-being.

d75fdd7e8c5aa401a4c824414c319581.jpg

Mimi Cantu
A close friend of Clark's who met with an unfortunate fate while being a member in the Scorpion Gang. Eventually she joins the Daughter's of Bastet after Clark's suggestion for her own safety.

- Neutral -
N/A

- Enemies -
Some members of the Scorpion Gang.

- Family -
Father / Finn August [Unknown]
Mother / Cho-Hee August [Deceased]

Extra:

-Facts!-

A Mutt - Clark is mixed, or rather a mutt most would call him being... Spaniard, Irish, Native Hawaiian and Korean.

Animal Lover - Clark loves animals, while in the slums he would often feed the cats and dogs in the area.

Fitness Maniac - Clark obsesses about his own well being, he is often seen in the gym working out or in the pool swimming.

tumblr_nki7l4Tp3p1s9jnzyo2_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrimDemon
@Lady With Class
So I editted it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Is she cool now or do I still need to change something. Sorry again.

I will make a physician or scientist if more are needed.
If you could, that would be wonderful! It's fine though ;)

I'll have the two physicians done by tomorrow.
Thank you love!

Have to flesh him out more, but there is Clark's rough draft. I'll get the rest done tomorrow.
Once you've finished, let me know ;) I'll take a closer look!

@Lady With Class
So I editted it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Is she cool now or do I still need to change something. Sorry again.
I'll take a look in a moment ;) Thank you!

@Lady With Class
I'm finished with Keiko! Tell me if I need to change anything!
I'll take a look at her in a moment as well ;)

Reactions: CrimDemon
[WIP]
Name:
Oogami Keiko

Nickname(s):
Little Miss Brightside, Ray of Sunshine, Kei (personal)

Birth Date:
October 3rd

Zodiac Sign:
Libra

Sexuality:
Bisexual

Appearance:
Keiko, as much as she is "model" material, has gone practical with her appearance. She keeps her golden curls up high in a ponytail. Her eyes are naturally golden and they do glow whenever she uses her power or just concentrates really hard. Despite looking very small, she's very toned from keeping up with the Scorpion members she was friends with in various sports. Her wardrobe consists of a lot of track jackets, tee-shirts, and a weird mix of shirts and joggers. She usually struts around in her favorite pair of basketball shoes or her "lucky sneakers" as she calls them.

Ability:
Pathokinesis (the ablility to manipulate and control the emotions of herself and others)

Living Space:
[TBA]

Background:
Keiko doesn't remember much of her parents, because they both died to a gang raid when she was 12. Not that she'd like to, every bit she can scrap up shows her that they weren't spectacular to begin with. Still, she lived in the ruins of her house for the rest of her time outside of the labs, living each day as happily as she could within the Scorpions' territory. At some point, several Scorpion members would make a point into stopping by, checking on the teen and befriending her. They showed her several different sports, and she took to basketball like a pro. Those times were her favorites. However, when the Dread broke out, Keiko was moved from her house to Eythix by her friends, who definitely didn't want her getting sick or worse, captured by some less than savory folk. She's lived there for a year now and though she seems to be doing well, she greatly misses her friends on the outside.

Personality:
Talkative || Charming || Flighty || Social Butterfly || Curious || Romantic at heart || Indecisive || Observant || Nosy || Compassionate || Funny

Habits/Quirks:

-When she focuses, she goes into "the Zone" where nothing can really break her concetration
-Can't help but document everything in her life with her camera
-Hiding her face with the collar of her jacket when she's scared, shy or uncomfortable
-Mumbles to herself without realizing it
-PROCRASTINATOR

Strengths:
-Optimistic, even in the darkest times
-Cheering people up
-Openly expressive, most of the time
-Confident in herself and her image

Weaknesses:
-Very touchy-feely
-Is a big people-pleaser
-Often hides her own negative emotions
-Insecure about her relationships

Fears:
-Being alone forever
-Letting those she loves down
-Never finding the cure

-Music
-Fashion
-Cleanliness
-The spotlight!
-The stars

Dislikes:
-Ridicule or Belittlement
-Conflict
-Any sort of "work"
-Being ignored
-Complete darkness

Relationships:

- Friends -
Adriana Locke

- Neutral -
People you could care less about

- Enemies -
People you hate with a fiery passion, or just dislike

Awesome! ;) I'll be adding her to the Cast List in a moment

If chars aren't done today will do tomorrow night or wednesday^^

@Lady With Class What does the Astronomer do in this sense? It is what they normally do, or is it something else?

Well, most likely what they normally do (without the readings). I was thinking the astronomer would be there more for reference on all things astronomy ~ the other scientists would most likely not be experts on astronomy, which is why they'd hire an expert on it xD Though if you're looking to play the part and have other ideas for the job I'm all ears ;)

If chars aren't done today will do tomorrow night or wednesday^^
Alright! Thanks for letting me know love ;) Take your time!

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Status
Not open for further replies.