Birth Date:
2nd of May

Zodiac Sign:
Taurus

Sexuality:
Hetero

Appearance:
latest

She has short neck length silver hair and blue eyes. She stands at 5'5. Her clothing is as the above but sometimes she wears something else. Most of the time, she is seen with her jacket and without the extra accessory on her leg. She prefers shorts, jackets and dresses though she never actually wears the latter. She dislikes silk, short skirts, jeans, and vests.

Ability:
Avarikinesis

Background:
Yan's childhood was a mystery even to herself. She could vaguely remember her mother's face. She could also see a child though she isn't sure male or female. She did knew their names and age of them currently that year. The words were just floating in her mind. From their last name, she knew they were family. She guessed the first person was her mother while the latter was her little brother. Or was it sister? As she said before, she didn't remember. She also remembered another name but no face to give the name to.
There was one memory she remembered clearly. It was her in a run down room filled with cracks and holes. Her mother was hunch over Time, crying. She had rushed to her and pushed Time aside. She remembered the hurt look on her sibling's face and the hurt in her heart. Her sibling was infected with the dread. She knew what. Time was born the 7th of September. Time was a Virgo. At first, they simply isolated her sibling in another place but as Time's condition got worst, so did her mother. She never did have enough self-restraint. Yan had to frequently hold her mother back from rushing to Time's side. In the end, Yan did something she never could forget.
Time had begged and begged to be killed because they didn't seem to be dying anytime soon. Neither her mother nor herself would do it. By the time Time's appendages started falling, Time decided to do it themself. Without thinking, Yan grabbed the knife and told them she'd do it. The scared look in her sibling's eye which she previously saw vanished. Instead a look of relief washed over their eyes. Time then closed then and Yan plunged the offending object, a sharp pole, into their heart. Yan would never forget the way she smiled and left this cruel world. Not before whispering in her ears.
"Thank you"

Her mother was sure Yan had caught the dread but she showed no signs of it. At first, she thought it was because she was careful but as months went by, slowly she herself caught it. Yan was constantly with her yet she didn't seem to be forgetting or having other symptoms a Taurus should have. Then one day, it dawned on her that Yan was an immune. She heard of that one place. Aythix. She knew Yan would be fine there. And so, she left her daughter there. Not before telling her how much she loved her. Yan didn't knew she had the dread and she'd like to keep it that way. With one last kiss, she left.
"Goodbye, love."

Yan was 9 when she came here. And not until she was 12 did she let them make tests on her. She didn't want to feel like a burden anymore. She liked it here. They were all nice but it still didn't change the feeling in the pit of her stomach that she was a horrible person with horrible abilities. She didn't know where that thought came from or who fed it to her but all she knew, it was always there, shouting in the back of her mind. She ignored it well enough. She succeeded by plunging herself in noise. She hated silence. That was the time the voices would shout the loudest.
"Don't worry, I'm fine. Honest. Let's continue with the test."

Personality:
Friendly
Caring
Nice
Charity
Smooth
Pessimistic
Jumpy
Anxious
Secretive
Easily embarrassed
More to be found out.

Habits o Quirks:
She's embarrassed about it but sometimes, she has the habit of getting into, what she calls, 'the mood' and start to act all gentleman-like or player-like. This usually happens when someone's flirting or being embarrassed. In the end, she herself while blush a million shades.
She has the habit of blasting her music at full volume.
She has the tendency to start doing something when she is bored. Usually domestic duties.
Has the habit of getting scared easily.
Etc.
o

She can never not care. She will stop when she's almost crossing the line.
She has the habit of sleeping when she has nothing to do.
She liked to walk around at night, often making people believe she's a ghost or something.
She covers her face when she's embarrassed.
Often speaks in other languages when she's nervous or cursing.
She curses.
Etc.

Strengths o Weaknesses:
She has great hand to hand abilities and weapon expertise for self defense.
She is great at defending and sneaking about.
She is flexible and agile.
She's flexible with her surroundings.
She's flexible with her weapons.
Has high endurance.
Reading lips.
Domestic duties [Sewing included].
Etc.
o
She refuses to willingly use her abilities unless absolutely needed or wanted [for tests].

She sometimes has no control over her powers.
She has little stamina.
Easily gets annoyed.
Completely violent when angered.
She isn't fast.
She is too much of a scaredy cat [Not a coward. There's a difference].
She's willing to do anything to not be called greedy. People often use that against her.
Etc.

Fears:
Becoming greed
Losing herself to greed
Dogs
Rabbits
Forgetting
Silence
Etc

Relationships:

- Friends -
The other zodiacs [She likes to think they are all her friends and vice versa]
The people in Eythix

- Neutral -
The government
The dread
People she doesn't know

- Enemies -
Herself[?]
None really.

- Family -
Jin Valkyrie o ??? o ???
Mindy Valkyrie o 52 o ???
Time Zoey Valkyrie o 14 oDeceased

Extra:
Her name was originally Yara Hellon Valkyrie but after a few days, her mother changed it.
She is half chinese quarter japanese and quarter american.
She has a deep love for music and caramel.
She is allergic to caramel.

She's insomniac.

tumblr_mnz391navP1rb3dr8o1_500.png
I do have two problems with your character, I'm sorry to say. One, is that the Dread hasn't been around that long, not since before she was nine. It's probably been about four years since the Dread broke out? The time frame is more my fault since I didn't specify specifically when the Dread broke out, but it is very recently. The bigger problem I see, is that I don't really see her as a Taurus? The caring and gentleness but besides that....

EDIT: As another small thing to add, the Immune still 'catch' the Dread but unlike regular people, their bodies some how fight it off. It wasn't a big deal but it's something I just wanted to add. I'm pretty sure that was in the Overview?

I do have two problems with your character, I'm sorry to say. One, is that the Dread hasn't been around that long, not since before she was nine. It's probably been about four years since the Dread broke out? The time frame is more my fault since I didn't specify specifically when the Dread broke out, but it is very recently. The bigger problem I see, is that I don't really see her as a Taurus? The caring and gentleness but besides that....

EDIT: As another small thing to add, the Immune still 'catch' the Dread but unlike regular people, their bodies some how fight it off. It wasn't a big deal but it's something I just wanted to add. I'm pretty sure that was in the Overview?
The Taurus is supposed to be down to earth, stubborn, hard headed, caring, yet possessive. Right? lol well, my zodiac sign is a Taurus. You don't want it to be similar right? but you don't want to be way out of reach either. So should she go with something like ....I wouldn't say friendly ,but more like observant or sketchy, Taurus aren't big on making friends, they take their time to find the right group. I would have gone with settle instead of smooth, or laid back, somewhere around easy going.Not jumpy, Taurus aren't jumpy , so maybe well grounded or lol damn my inability to just spit out similar words. I wouldn't say pessimistic either, were more optimistic or realistic than anything.

The Taurus is supposed to be down to earth, stubborn, hard headed, caring, yet possessive. Right? lol well, my zodiac sign is a Taurus. You don't want it to be similar right? but you don't want to be way out of reach either. So should she go with something like ....I wouldn't say friendly ,but more like observant or sketchy, Taurus aren't big on making friends, they take their time to find the right group. I would have gone with settle instead of smooth, or laid back, somewhere around easy going.Not jumpy, Taurus aren't jumpy , so maybe well grounded or lol damn my inability to just spit out similar words. I wouldn't say pessimistic either, were more optimistic or realistic than anything.
Well, I want them to be more than similar, like damn near identical xD The Immune are supposed to basically be personifications of their Zodiac signs - though some differences are acceptable. And that seems somewhat right? Again, for all of you, to check out the site I've provided in both the Overview and the character sheet. And I don't care if you guys copy from zodiac websites. It's the Physicians and Scientists that should not be identical. The Immune should be everything related to their zodiac, and the Physicians and Scientists are basically like normal people.

Well, I want them to be more than similar, like damn near identical xD The Immune are supposed to basically be personifications of their Zodiac signs - though some differences are acceptable. And that seems somewhat right? Again, for all of you, to check out the site I've provided in both the Overview and the character sheet. And I don't care if you guys copy from zodiac websites. It's the Physicians and Scientists that should not be identical. The Immune should be everything related to their zodiac, and the Physicians and Scientists are basically like normal people.
I'm almost done with my first one. Names Koro, look over him when you have the chance !

Reactions: Lady With Class
[fieldbox="Koro Fletcher, white, solid, 15, Tahoma"]
2i8hl06.png

Koro Fletcher at the age of 10 was granted a special scholarship to attend the highest known science university in the USA. Graduating Harvard Medical School for Neurology, Koro was immediatly hired into Cardiology and Heart surgery in Cleveland Ohio. Shortly after 7 months his mother had gotten beyond sickly and was housed in a nearby clinic located in the heart of georgia. The doctors unknown of what caused her illness, had called Koro during his heavy 4th year of Anatomy. It took Koro 7 months to figure out his mother had Munchausen syndrom, a mental illness that made the body assume it was undergoing physical pain within themselves. When Koro turned 17 he was scouted by the head scientist Dr.Faust .

Reporter Question : You have surpassed all barriers between your age and your age group. I hear that some people are weary because of your age and size. Do you have any answers for them.

Koro Fletcher ....

"My age and height have nothing to do with the work I can produce. If people must know, my mother was 6'2 and my father was 5'3. I am currenlty 19 years old and will be 20 come April 28 of this year. As you can tell, I have my father's height, but my mother's smart. If people are so weary of my height and age, then where were they, when my mother was in the hospital bed afraid of what was happening to her. If I recall, they called Doctor, Bryans to see if he could figure it out. Doctor,Bryans, the same man that came up to me addressing me as a obnoxoius boy who stole others work. Yet when I was called in, I figured it out within 7 months.

If they can not be sated by facts , then I will gladly show them, how inferior they are to me."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="..., white, solid, 10, Tahoma"]

• Name: Koro Fletcher
    Nicknames: Koro, K, O , Bunny
    Height: 5'3
    Weight: 165.2
    Blood Type: O

Medical Condition: Haemolacria
    (Cause one to weep blood)

Eye color: Faded Grey
    Skin tone: Pale milk white
    Hair color: Faded white, leaning to a worn out tan

Birth date: April 28
    Zodiac Sign: Taurus
    Sexuality: Homosexual

"Girls are nothing but figures with lumps on their chest. What's so great about that?"

• Clothes
    img-thing
    13482297824.jpg
    latest

Due to his fathers genes, Koro stands to be 5'3 with a baby face that screams out annoyance and boredom. Koro also took on his father's bland features like his faded grey eyes, his pale milk white skin, and his faded tan hair color. He did however get his mother's facial features, such as her thick top eyelids. If anyone was into face reading, they could tell just by his eyelids that he likes private relationships and loves intimacy. The same is applied to the depth of his eye sockets. Instead of it protruding, its more deepset , meaning hes more laid back than reactive. He has a small jaw, with a medium sized chin, and a straight shape chin. This shows he has a delicate constitution, compliance yet aggression, and idealistic.

As far as frame goes, Koro is not athletically built. He has zero muscle and zero upper body strength. He lacks the proper height for a male his age, and tends to show weakness in every area when it comes to physicals. He has long legs and medium in length of arms. From time to time you will see him hunched over, meaning his posture isn't very good either. The only thing that can match his age, would be the depth of his voice. Deep and settle, Koro's tone comes across as a 35 year old man with a sexy baritone ring to it.

Koro prefers to wear everything white, such as white button ups, white silk pants, and white shoes. Around the office this is his normal wear, so some assume he' wearing pajamas. When he is ordered to go outside, he changes into a long white sleeve shirt with a brow fluffy vest over it. This applies to even during summer, since he's always low on iron and is naturally cold. For bottoms he wars light denim jeans with black flipflops.

Koro also has the habit of not wearing shoes while in the office.

When lounging about, Koro will take off the fluffy vest, and just wear a long white sleeve shirt with his light denim jeans.

• work in progress
    Science is like puzzle. Once you piece it together, its solved.
    MainJob: Neurologist
    Sub Job: Physician
    Side Job: Anatomy Tutor
    Hobby: Creative Writer​

• Good Traits

• Intelligent
    • Confident
    • Meticulous
    • Trusting
    • Dependable

Bad Traits

• Vulgar
    • Impulsive
    • Finicky
    • Sullen

• Strengths

• Neurology and Anatomy: During his early years Koro focused more on anatomy than neurology. This was to help his mother in her goals of curing his father. After the transfer to Ohio, Koro was forced to study anatomy. Entering Harvard's Medical School, Koro became even more well versed in anatomy and neurology, making those two his mastered subjects.
    • Critical thinking: Koro can pick any subject, any object, any issues and improves his current state of mind by skillfully analyzing, reassessing it, and reconstructing it.
    • Trigger Memory: During Koro's younger years in Ohio, Koro created a trigger memory. This allows Koro to gather endless amount of information, then drop it to continue to harvest more information. When the question arises, trigger words will allow Koro to remember that information. Koro can then access it and answer the question accordingly.

Further explanation on trigger memory below in spoiler.

This is a thing. I have trigger memory, it helped during final's . Process goes as such : Person intakes the knowledge , remembers the knowledge, finds words to be the trigger, than the person drops that information. The process repeats. It's useful, so one isn't holding on to a set information, and then can't hold onto anything else.

ex. You store information about say whats the square root of pie. You store information explaining what pie is, the number of pie, and so forth. You drop it and say, move on to history. Next week, or month you have a test. Question on the test is "Whats is pi?"

True story: The word pi had brought up several things in my head that day. Pie like apple pie, the Greek letter, and then the numerical value. Using that list, the only answer it could have been was the numerical value, since it was math class. Afterwards the number appeared and bam, got the answer right. I mean everyone should know what pi is, but this was just an example on how it works, if you didn't know.

Weakness

• Control : If you command Koro something he will not do it. If you ask him in a way that he thinks your being commanding , he won't do it. If you do not add please, or if you could, he will refuse.
    • Affection: Koro isn't well versed in affection. This leads to him not being sympathetic enough. This can cause friction with his patients, because he could cause harm and not say anything. If someone's family died, he wouldn't share an ounce of sympathy.
    • Understanding: Koro lacks the ability to understand others.

200_s.gif

During Koro's early years of birth, his father had been undergoing heart treatment along with chemotherapy. His mother Judith has been overseeing the process at a nearby clinic called O'Mittens CCC. Around this time Koro was five years old when he was put in a small box the size of a local playground. The box was meant for children care when parents couldn't handle them, or they needed to put them somewhere safe and out of harm. Surrounded by books, puzzles, and brain games, Koro had found a way to entertain himself in this small box. This was the beginning of his years in becoming a doctor. Everyday from 6 in the morning to 11 at night, Koro was stuck in the room. Three times out of two weeks, Judith would come in to have a 20 minute lunch with him and 15 minutes for play time. During these limited minutes with his mother, Koro experienced unconditional love and warmth. This helped keep his sanity as he was alone for the majority of the time in the room.

Koro spent birthdays, special events, and even holidays in the small box. When he had turned six, his mother hired a tutor to help Koro with his studies. Since his father was undergoing treatment and his mother was too busy to take him to school, Koro was forced to stay with her at all times. With countless hours of free time, Koro continued to study , and soon had the goal to become a scientist to help his mom. With all mind games solved, Koro tossed away his childhood as he picked up books and read nothing but resources, news papers, articles, and medical theories.

On March 16, Koro's father died on the operation table. His mother struck with grief tossed away her sanity, and fled the scene. Leaving Koro behind, Koro was taken by child care services to a home in Ohio. With just an ounce of hope, Koro's prayers of having a close loving family failed yet again. Taken in by a woman called Mary, Koro was placed in a smaller room than before, and was forced to study neurology. Koro felt conflicted, because he wanted to learn about the heart, but like a stern nun in a catholic school, Mary kept a close eye on and him.

It wasn't long before Koro was able to answer questions correctly and within a timely manner. At the age of ten Mary made Koro take an exam to Harvard Medical School. Passing with an 89.9 score, Koro was given the ability to skip all grades and to enter the school that coming fall. Mary without hesitation signed him up and quickly rid him of her hands.

It wasn't till much later in life that Koro reunited with his real mother, and was hired to be a scientist and physician at the Ethyix lab.

• 8cbff19981b27b109b1877ceba75bd76.gif

• Twirling his hair while in thought, speaking, explaining, and when he's bored.
    • Walking without shoes when inside a building.
    • Adding Nyan after explaining. He's always trying to show a cute or comedic side.
    • Sitting hunched over
    • Sitting with his feet in the chair
    • Sucking his teeth when something happens that he doesn't like
    • Avoiding eye contact when nervous, or when trying to lie
    • Has three finger puppets he uses to address someone, (he'll make them to look just like you, then he'll try to impersonate you. He uses these like a finger pointer. When he wants to talk to you, hell move the finger puppet that looks like you and talk with it.
    • He likes to hum, sing, dance, and listen to this song 24/7

[/fieldbox]
Love him so far!! Let me know once you've fully finished ;) But I definitely love how unique he is. I just have one question; is he a physician at Eythix as well? I would prefer he had only one job.

In theory I'm fine with that power, I just have to question how it connects to her zodiac sign? Capricorns are strategical rather than forceful.
Hmm. Do you think I should come up with something more Capricorn-ish?

Hmm. Do you think I should come up with something more Capricorn-ish?

My advice, would be yes ;) I can't find any connection. If you need help finding an ability, I will gladly help you! I can see how Capricorn is a bit difficult.

Love him so far!! Let me know once you've fully finished ;) But I definitely love how unique he is. I just have one question; is he a physician at Eythix as well? I would prefer he had only one job.
He's done, super hard question. Omg >.< He'll be the scientist, and my new two guys will physicians

Working on my three now^^ hopefully you all like them^^

Reactions: Lady With Class
Yes. Please help.
Perhaps simply control over the element Capricorn falls under? That's what I'm doing with my own Immune character

He's done, super hard question. Omg >.< He'll be the scientist, and my new two guys will physicians
Okay! Thanks for the clarification ;) I mean, he can have majored in anatomy and have the capabilities of a physician, but not employed at Eythix as a physician, yeah? It's fine that he's a physician and a neurologist ;)

Reactions: universalbore
The Carpicorn element is Earth. However they are also very good with bones, so maybe Osteokinesis (I don't know if I wrote it the right way) it would be the manipulation of bones

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Hope it's up to spec! Let me know if you spot any inconsistencies or "plot holes", so I can fix them. I have a very scatterbrained approach to character creation so some of these things may have been glossed over.

[fieldbox="Marcus Daniel Alder, #8B6969, solid"]

[stabs=bcenter|100%]
{slide=Overview|center}
Name: Goes by Daniel
Nicknames: Dan (Informal), Dr. Alder (Formal), Marcus (Personal/Significant Other)
Birth Date: February 14 (The irony is not lost on him)
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Sexuality: Heterosexual
{/slide}
{slide=Biography|center}
Appearance: A slim, bespectacled male with keen brown eyes and a head of messy brown hair who stands at an exact six feet. His face is angular and yet also soft, with thin eyebrows and a weak jawline that give him a more compassionate appearance. His skin is pale - almost unhealthily so - and rather smooth thanks to his habitual herbal baths.

His attire is elegantly simple in its design - Black slacks and jacket with dark brown dress shoes, white long-sleeved tee and red tank undershirt hanging loose over the belt, and completing the image is a muted red, almost maroon tie along with a similarly-colored scarf that nearly never leaves his neck. On his right hand is a ring made of a beautiful amethyst, the only heirloom he has from his biological parents. How many layers he wears is a demonstration of just how casual the occasion is. Full ensemble? All business. No jacket? Day off. Only undershirt? Lounging about in his own residence. No shirt at all? In bed.

Background: Born in the aftermath of the Stand Still and the Plagues that swept the world, Marcus had miraculously survived his parents' death by affliction. They were one of the last few to be infected before the Plagues finally died out, and as a result Marcus grew up in foster care. His foster parents were scientists of notable accolade, and so it was inevitable that he would follow in their footsteps. Marcus was homeschooled for all of his childhood, and while he was no prodigy he took to their teachings rather quickly. As a young teen, Marcus was learning at the collegiate level, and it was thanks to his brilliant parents and quick intellect that he excelled in the sciences, at least compared to other children his age. At the tender age of fourteen, Marcus was released into the world and allowed to enroll in nearly any academy he desired.

Unfortunately, it was then that the first sweepings of the Dread were making their rounds, but Marcus didn't know of this curious illness until well into his first year at the Oregon Health & Science University. Over the course of his six years of medical studies, several students dropped out due to an unspecified illness only described as "an unusual panic attack" along with varying symptoms. On his 20th birthday, Marcus finished the program and was almost immediately recruited into the Eythix laboratories as a physician. While not a full PhD, Marcus still had the required knowledge to take care of one of the few known as the Immune.
{/slide}
{slide=Personality|center}
Personality: Marcus tends to be a bit reserved and soft-spoken, but is also very compassionate and cares for his patients as well as his friends. He empathizes with the Immune and makes sure they are comfortable at all times. He can be a bit depressive at times, but always puts on a brave face, even if not a completely happy one. As a homeschooled child, Marcus lacks in social prowess and acts somewhat awkwardly in social situations. He's also a hopeless romantic because of this, and doesn't know what to say if he happens to develop feelings for someone.

Habits/Quirks
  • Smokes every now and then, particularly when anxious. Only smokes outside and only around those who don't mind it, if around anyone at all.
  • Taps his chin lightly when thinking about something.
  • Cleans his glasses as something of a nervous tic - he'll do so even if they don't need to be cleaned when nervous or embarrassed.
  • Whistles aimlessly - to no particular melody - when performing mundane tasks such as sorting paperwork.
Strengths
  • Compassionate and understanding, especially towards those under his care.
  • His soft demeanor makes him easy to approach and talk to.
  • Quick thinking and sharp of mind.
Weaknesses
  • Soft-spoken, tends to have difficulty being assertive.
  • Lack of social skill and confidence.
  • Somewhat fragile, doesn't deal well with rejection in any of its forms.
Fears
  • Major - Fear of failure or letting others down.
  • Major - Fear of doing something to lose someone's trust - particularly his designated Immune's.
  • Minor - Fear of spiders and "creepy crawlies".
{/slide}
{slide=Relationships|center}
Friends
  • To be determined...
Neutral
  • To be determined...
Enemies
  • Marcus doesn't really have it in him to hate anyone.
Family
  • Arthur Wallace Alder, M.D. - Marcus' foster father and a prestigious doctor in Oregon.
  • Marissa Claire Alder (née Smith) - Marcus' foster mother and foremost research scientist in Oregon.
{/slide}
{slide=Extra|center}
Theme Music: Out of Phase
More to go here..?
{/slide}
[/stabs]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@Lady With Class my Immune's father is going to be a former member of The Scorpion Gang if that's cool, which means he is the son of a Gang Member, but more will be told in his bio^^

Status
Not open for further replies.