The Zodiacs: Stand Still

• Thread starter Lady With Class
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been phasing in and out of existence recently so I haven't been the most diligent about being up to speed. Is the "living space" addition a required segment of our profile?
Yeah I think so.

That's.... kind of dumb, if I'm being completely honest. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that belongs on a character profile to me.
One, Kind of rude if you ask me.

Two, I think it is. Your living space matches your character, it lets us know what your character is in to. Sure you jotted down all the things he liked, disliked, but that doesn't really tell us anything. Look at Dark's room. His character likes to read books, it showed us that. Mine has puzzles, because mine likes brain games. It's something fun to add on to a character, something that tells us more about him. It also helps you not describe it later on. I mean you can be bland if you want too, since you think it's stupid and all. I'm a bit angry I guess, cuse you could have kept that comment to yourself, or you could have just not put it there and I'm sure no one would have cared.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
One, Kind of rude if you ask me.

Two, I think it is. Your living space matches your character, it lets us know what your character is in to. Sure you jotted down all the things he liked, disliked, but that doesn't really tell us anything. Look at Dark's room. His character likes to read books, it showed us that. Mine has puzzles, because mine likes brain games. It's something fun to add on to a character, something that tells us more about him. It also helps you not describe it later on. I mean you can be bland if you want too, since you think it's stupid and all. I'm a bit angry I guess, cuse you could have kept that comment to yourself, or you could have just not put it there and I'm sure no one would have cared.
My character's living space has nothing to do with anything... I could have left it out and you would have known the same amount of information about him. Sure, his CS is unfinished and I have yet to decide his personality, but the living space has nothing to do with his future personality.

Well it's part of the rp, so you should just deal with it. Simple as that. Finishing chars hopefully today.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
You can tell quite a bit about a person by how or where they live. I find the living space an interesting part of the Character Sheet. Yes, you may find it odd and useless, but I believe it adds much to the character so we can physically see how they live and what they like to live around. Just find a picture of a bedroom you like. It's that simple.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
" Healing factor for a Sagittarius...Well, out of all the zodiacs, sagitarians are the luckiest ones. I can see how the healing factor would play a small part in your zodiac , since you don't have to worry about much. I bet when you were younger, you thought "Whoa I'm lucky, it healed within a day." Type thing. Wouldn't it be better if you used this healing factor for your group. Sagittarians are known to have big hearts and the willingness to give. It wouldn't be fair to keep that healing factor to yourself, or we can just call it healing. Probably find a snazzy name like Universal Healing, or something." -Koro Fletcher

"EH...well if that's the case shouldn't he be more on the defense, give him the ability to generate shields. Let's assume he has a feeling factor. Water it down and give him another ability, like a shield. Making him a human shield would put a smile on my face. " -Login Bens

" Fine then. Water down the healing factor to those around you, and add on the shield. You'll be help to everyone and yourself. You'd be playing the true sagittarian role." - Koro Feltcher
Nice! Thanks ;)
That's.... kind of dumb, if I'm being completely honest. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that belongs on a character profile to me.
Um, well I think so, since it just makes things easier later on. If someone needs to use your room in a post, they can come back to the master post (which I will have up eventually, with all the pairings and room assignments and such) and easily have a pic or description right there, and not have to look through millions of IC posts to find the description you left - if you left a description at all. And like the others said, it also gives more insight on the personality of your character. My character, Emmanuel, has a little statue of Buddha in the corner - and despite his attempt at avoiding seeming like a totally Buddhist, that kind of shows he does care. And Dark's character, Micah, has all those books, including the description, which gives more insight on the type of bookworm and workoholic he is. It keeps godmodding from happening, since that 'Living Space' spot is also where you'll put the location of your room - and therefore neighbors are set in stone. That way people aren't all over the place. One person could say their neighbors with one person, another person says their neighbors with that person, and then someone ends up with four neighbors. I can continue on with the benefits, but do you get the point? I didn't think it was that big of a deal, just slap a photo of a room on your character sheet and it's done with.

Well it's part of the rp, so you should just deal with it. Simple as that. Finishing chars hopefully today.
Great! Thanks for letting me know ;) Hopefully I'll be finishing mine as well.

I am so sorry for not being on guys!!! >,< Turns out I have the flu, and I slept most of the day yesterday. I'll be getting to the GM-y things right away! And post my GM post since I've been working on it, but kept leaving before I could finish and post it xD

GM POST

Sorry this is so late! >,< I am planning on (attempting) at doing this at least once a day.

One thing to address, is we're still looking for scientists! The two scientist spots that are still open and waiting to be filled are: the Cytologist (who studies the cells of the body), and the Biologist/Human Development Scientist (who studies how the body works, and how it develops with age, etc).. Anyone who has already taken a scientist, can go ahead and take another cause at the moment, it doesn't exactly seem like there will be too many more people joining. Also! It would be really nice if we had a bit more physicians, but it's not mandatory! Some physicans just might be paired up with more than one Immune.

I have added another section for characters to fall into. If I linked you in WIP or Coming Soon it doesn't mean you have to rush to finish! This is all for GM organization purposes! (Though it is a bit of a poke xD) Nothing is planned to start until the physicians have been paired.

Regarding the plot and upcoming roleplay, does anyone have any ideas for twists and problems? I'm all ears! This roleplay includes you guys to, so I'm definitely open to your input!

Another thing to address, to the whole group since it seems I accidentally made this unclear! I apologize. But, the Dread, approximately, has only been around for five to six years - for the first couple, spare cases that couldn't really be connected, until the past year, when the shit hit the fan again and people have been getting sick, and scared. The only plague that would have been around when most of them were children, was the 'First Plague', and that's a maybe, since it would have been dying out right around that time. This hasn't really been a big deal, but I thought I would mention it since some confusion has arisen around it. If anyone has any questions about anything regarding the roleplay, don't be afraid to ask either @DarkiusHeavenstein or myself.

Let me know if I've missed anything or made a mistake! ~ I'm also not positive the links are working alright, so if you could let me know if there's any problems, that would be great!

Accepted
Micah Visnjic ~ @DarkiusHeavenstein
Emmanuel Ender ~ @Lady With Class
Fox Rylan ~ @Lady With Class
Irma Dunst ~ @CrimDemon
Alexander Milton ~ @CrimDemon
Koro Fletcher ~ @universalbore
Login Bens ~ @universalbore
Devan Rosa ~ @universalbore
Marcus 'Daniel' Alder ~ @Solistor
Oogami Keiko ~ @SanguineCetus
Clark August ~ @Sanctus
Sakura Queens ~ @FallenStar

WIP
Yan He Valkyrie ~ @InternalAssumpter
Dominic Beaumont ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Adriana Locke ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Lethal Ramirez ~ @Prince Shattered Charming
Faye Nixon ~ @Raven Haruka
Katsu Tomoe ~ @FallenStar

Coming Soon
1 Physician ~ @Lady With Class
1 Physician & Aquarius ~ @Fæ
1 Physician ~ @Stuffies12
Gemini ~ @Luxii
Scorpio? ~ @Ythania

Spots That Are Still Open
Cytologist
Biologist/Human Development Scientist
4 Physicians

~ OVER AND OUT ~

My character's living space has nothing to do with anything... I could have left it out and you would have known the same amount of information about him. Sure, his CS is unfinished and I have yet to decide his personality, but the living space has nothing to do with his future personality.
I know other people have replied to this as well, but yes. Your character's living space has everything to do with your character. It shows how their personality and style comes out. It gives us a greater insight your character. Plus if any of the other players has their character walk into your room they know what it looks like and keeps people from messing up.

Furthermore the GM asks for it so you add it. It is not that big of a deal. I actually liked adding it, because it gives all these little tiny bits of information that you can't write down in another way and it gives more of a feeling to the character. They become an actual person so to say. Otherwise you could say a lot more stuff in the CS is useless. Like Gender, Age, Birthday....

I have had rps were I had to write down my characters favorite color, animal and number. His favorite and least favorite foods and drinks. Yet you do it, because it is asked to do so by the GM. And maybe it doesn't make sense to you or seems unnecessary to you, but someone else might think it comes in handy.

Besides it is also nice to know what kind of enviroment your character likes, where he feels save and comes to rest. (since obviously you have a living space that you like and not one you dislike) so it IS adding information to your CS

In my other rp I have added Medical History to the CS (well still have to do that, actually) because it would be easier. (Something which I think should maybe be interesting to know in this rp as well for the physician? @Lady With Class )

I know other people have replied to this as well, but yes. Your character's living space has everything to do with your character. It shows how their personality and style comes out. It gives us a greater insight your character. Plus if any of the other players has their character walk into your room they know what it looks like and keeps people from messing up.

Furthermore the GM asks for it so you add it. It is not that big of a deal. I actually liked adding it, because it gives all these little tiny bits of information that you can't write down in another way and it gives more of a feeling to the character. They become an actual person so to say. Otherwise you could say a lot more stuff in the CS is useless. Like Gender, Age, Birthday....

I have had rps were I had to write down my characters favorite color, animal and number. His favorite and least favorite foods and drinks. Yet you do it, because it is asked to do so by the GM. And maybe it doesn't make sense to you or seems unnecessary to you, but someone else might think it comes in handy.

Besides it is also nice to know what kind of enviroment your character likes, where he feels save and comes to rest. (since obviously you have a living space that you like and not one you dislike) so it IS adding information to your CS

In my other rp I have added Medical History to the CS (well still have to do that, actually) because it would be easier. (Something which I think should maybe be interesting to know in this rp as well for the physician? @Lady With Class )
Medical History can indeed be helpful xD For this rp though, I don't think I want to ask everyone to add yet another thing to their character sheets since I've done that twice so far xD But if anyone feels like it, and wants to, they could definitely add medical history in their extra. Otherwise, the physicians can just ask in the rp, since it can easily be chalked up to bad post-apocalyptic record keeping xD

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
I'm just saying in specific for MY CHARACTER. Other characters may have more personalized bedrooms. My character doesn't care what his bedroom looks like, so his bedroom has nothing to do with his personality. Stop flipping out. I'm perfectly fine with posting a picture of a random bedroom.

I'm just saying in specific for MY CHARACTER. Other characters may have more personalized bedrooms. My character doesn't care what his bedroom looks like, so his bedroom has nothing to do with his personality. Stop flipping out. I'm perfectly fine with posting a picture of a random bedroom.
I am not flipping out. Just explaining why even in this case it DOES give us more information on your character. Even if you think it doesn't give much more insight. See, even the fact that your character would not take the time to personalize his room, says something for me...

I can role play up to 6 characters. I can fill in for the last doctor and any remaining physician.

I can take a physician!To lessen Universal's load and I think I have a fun idea. Holy crap, six different people... -is impressed-

lol Thanks, and I used to be able to do 10, but then i started lacking on their originality, so I dropped the body count to six.

2867c00758de55f8f66f0e40fb592044.jpg

Name:
Aime' Basile Dupont II

Nickname(s):
Dupont, Basile

Birth Date:
November 13th

Zodiac Sign:
Scorpio

Sexuality:
Asexual

f6cc3d0516647bcce61afe839ad5609c.jpg

Appearance:
Aime' stands at a below average height of 5'6, and weighs only about 138 pounds. In spite of his size, he still possesses a toned frame though leaning much more on the thinner side. His hair is a light shade or red, eyes show signs of heterochromia one being a deep crimson and the other being a amber hue. Typically Aime' dresses himself up in slacks, dress shirt and tie, at times he can be seen with a jacket as well. When not doll up Aime' wears simple clothing, v-necks, black slacks and loafers.

Scientist [Cytologist]

Living Space:

Background:
(W.I.P)

2685911cd36008bc1f8c78d9a94be0a8.jpg

Personality:

-Positive-
Confident, Unwavering, Determined, Passionate, Dynamic, Observant.

-Negative-
Obsessive, Manipulative, Suspicious, Dark, Sadistic, Sadist.

Habits/Quirks:
Will chuckle to himself in amusement quietly often.
When interested on a individual rarely does he direct eye contact elsewhere.
Always takes notes of other people and their own habits.
Eerily hardly shows any emotions.
Has a habit of getting frighteningly close to someone of interest.
Likes to crack his knuckles and can do so by just closing his fists.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

-Strengths-
Strategic
Highly Intelligent
Well Spoken
Strong Willed

-Weaknesses-
Psychically weak
Obsessive
Holds Insecurities

Fears:
(Optional)

Likes/Dislikes:
(Optional)

Relationships:

- Friends -
People you like, and are friends with

- Neutral -
People you could care less about

- Enemies -
People you hate with a fiery passion, or just dislike

- Family -

Extra:

Just a rough draft for now. Will get the rest up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.