The world of Norindul

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bell rang in the local Pet Shelter

"Nova? Nova, where are you?" a voice called out from the front of the room, eyes busy searching past the counter.

Only a second after their call for her she popped out from under the desk, eyebrow raised as her blue eyed stare meet the coworker that just barged in. Her silent stare was enough to send Rebecca into her eager reasoning for such a loud entrance.

"Hey! Guess who is going to New York for Halloween?" Rebecca asked, her hands now clasped together as her feet bounced her tiny frame up and down.

"Hmm," she pretended to pounder as she lowered herself into the rolling chair. She squinted off past her friend and leaned into her chair, it creaked at the weight of the woman. The silence grew and Rebecca's smile faded out of announce, knowing Nova wasn't going to make a single guess. She once again fell into the many jokes of her coworker.

"Very funny…" she cleared her throat and perked up again, leaning on the counter. "You and me. There is so many things we can do up there. I hear there is an amazing rave that is going to be packed!" Just as she finished her sentence a finger rose up and she quickly followed this action with a warning. "I will not take no for an answer. You need to get out of this building. You need to meet new people and you need to get a life."
Nova rolled her eyes and shook her head at the girl. She laughed as a glare was directed to her. "You said you won't take no for an answer." This sent Rebecca into a burst of excitement. The two discussed all the details a girl needs before a night out. What to wear, how much effort she really needs to put in and details on timing. Once Rebecca had her night planned out she was out the door to get ready for the night.

Nova rolled her head back to dangle behind the chair and let out a groan. Abbu made a curious growl at her owner. The white, slick coat came into sight as she padded her way in slowly. "I'm fine Abbu, just have to be in a room full of crazy people for a few hours. Nothing I can't handle, right?" Her eyes rolled over to match the similar blue eyes as to hers. "Guess I better get ready," she said moving to her feet and to the front door of the shelter, flipping the open sign to closed.

She slipped out of her work books and carried her boots to her room in the back of the shelter. Though it was once a closet, it was a nicer home than she'd have anywhere else at the moment. Her blue hues looked over the set of clothes she had and she shook her head softly. "Maybe I should ask Rebecca to share her closet, hm?" she asked Abbu. "Thank you Abbu, but I don't think t-shirt and jeans is fit for dancing." The two would argue all night if she didn't stop there.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
*beep beep beep* A loud noise woke Eva from her deep slumber. Rubbing sleep from her eyes, the brown haired girl glanced at the clock. Her eyes flew open. 20 minutes before she had to be at school. Good thing she only had one class today. Unfortunately, she had stayed up trying to study for a test. Eva scrambled out of bed and into the shower. After that, the brown haired girl hurried through breakfast. She didn't have time for much else. Just some buttered toast and jam. Making her way outside, Eva left for the campus with 10 minutes left. Rushing inside the building, she had made it in time for class to start.

After class was over and test taking completed, Eva walked out with relief on her face. She had made an 85 on it. She knew studying was not her strong suite but that meant she could make decent grades. She was proud of it anyway. Making haste to her small car, Eva had a couple of stops to make before going home. One was the store, she needed more groceries. Basic essentials, shampoo, soap, beef, chicken and pasta. The other place to stop was one that really wasn't necessary but she couldn't resist it. Coffee. A nice steaming cup of coffee from her favorite place. After stopping at the store, Eva walked with a bounce in her step. A caramel nut with vanilla syrup was her favorite.

One thing she didn't expect was to see a giant line waiting for her once she got inside. Of course, middle of the afternoon, closer to 4:00, is always a mad rush. People could be seen at every table lining the walls. Well, so much for staying a little bit. Oh well. The brown haired girl had to get home anyway. She had a Halloween costume to put together. Which she couldn't wait for the party. She could hardly wait. Waiting for her order, she glanced at flyers or magazines. Then she arrived home, she put everything away. Next, she laid out her costume, finding everything for it. The brown haired girl was so excited for this party, she could hardly contain herself.

• Love
Characters: Rix Alvar > Vidar Alvar, Cynbel Alvar
Time: 9:13am > 10:42am

After the clanks of dished and drizzles of water passed soft, upbeat music rang through the house as Rix and Vidar retreated into his room.
"Come on let's get you ready for the party." Rix went to his closet and pulled down the little bear cub outfit from the top; she had to put it up high so he wouldn't wear it too much before Halloween. She laid it neatly on the made bed as Vidar went to the bathroom to start his bath. Soon after she stepped in with him to put his hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant neatly in a row on the bathroom counter.
"Don't take too long, we don't want to be late. You're costume is on your bed so change into that after you dry off." She instructed.
"Okay mom." He replied cheerfully from behind the shower curtain. She left the bathroom, shutting the door behind her and strolled back to her own bathroom in her room.

Humming along to the light music she began putting her makeup on. On her normal days she never put the stuff on, however since she was dressing up as a bear she would paint herself accordingly. Once her face matched then costume laying on her bed she started brushing her long orange-red hair. As the bristles pulled through the curls they straightened out before bouncing back once the brush released the strands. After repeating the process several times she placed the brush down, then walked out towards the bed. One by one she replaced her pajamas with the bear costume, then pulled her hair from the clutter inside of the hood to fall in the front.

She returned to her bathroom to look at herself in the full mirror. With a large grin she turn to each side before spinning around.
"Perfect!" she whispered to herself, then walked out into the hall towards Vidar's room. She strolled in to Vidar struggling to zip the costume up in the back. With a chuckle she walked over to him, pulled off her pawed gloves and pulled the zipper up then brushed down the fur he ruffled.
"You look so adorable in that." She turned him around to face her and fixed his tousled red hair.
"Moooom…" He complained as he swatted at her hands. "Bears live in the wild, so their fur is wild."
"Oh, I see." She said with a hint of sarcasm. She ruffled his hair and stood. "Okay, my little cub. Are you ready?" She asked, placing the paws back on her hands. He nodded his head, receiving another nod from her in return, and the marched together down the stairs.

"Grandpa! We're going to the party!" Rix called up to Cynbel.
"Okay, have fun, be safe, and I love you two!" He replied from his room.
"We will, love you too!"
"Byyyye!!!" Vidar added as he skipped out with his mother close behind. With joy behind their ever step they packed into the car and started towards Vidar's elementary school.[/hr]

Jo was riding the high of one of her codes actually working. Jaya was an amazing tutor! She was sipping at the cold coffee remaining in her cup when Jaya asked her to go shopping for the party.
"Yes! I would love to go shopping with you." Jo smiled brightly and stood from the booth. She automatically missed the warmth of Jaya's side. They had been packed pretty tightly in the booth, but Jo hadn't minded. A small frown tugged at the corner of her lips as she slipped her coat on.
Jaya slid out behind her, looking adorable in her baggy sweater and leggings. Her long hair was haphazardly tied into a ponytail. On a whim, Jo reached out and touched her thick hair,
"You know, I think you would look even more beautiful if you cut your hair. It's the perfect texture for a short style and it would frame your face really nicely."
Jo tucked a stray hair behind Jaya's ear and felt heat rising into her own cheeks. She was being so bold, and she didn't know why. Jo quickly turned away to toss her coffee cup in the trash and recover from her moment of flirtation.
"Lead the way to this awesome costume shop," Jo declared with a sweep of her hand towards the door, "I might even get a costume if something catches my eye."
Jaya lead Jo toward a cute little shop a few blocks down. They had a big sign declaring a sale on all Halloween costumes and accessories. A small smile tilted Jo's lips as the girls stepped inside. The place was filled with all sorts of costumes, all jammed onto small circular racks. Jo's attention was grabbed by a large ball gown hanging on the back wall. She gently touched the fabric and pictured herself wearing it. It looked similar to some Lizzy Bennet would have worn in Pride and Prejudice. It was one of Jo's favorite books and that era had always spoken to her. It was a pale pink and had ribbons trailing down the back of the dress.
It would match my mask too thought Jo. The dress seemed utterly perfect, but it was the last one and it looked small. Jo grabbed the tag and sighed heavily. The dress was too small for her. Jo bit her bottom lip in frustration, knowing that complaining wouldn't get her anywhere. She was used to not being able to shop in stores because most didn't carry her size.
Jo quickly turned away from the dress and sought out Jaya. She was over in the sea of racks and Jo diligently made her way through the mess.
"Find anything?"

Post #1. October 29. Nighttime.

David only listened as the words lingered through his mind, who did he fuck? He knew nothing of what was going on and he wouldn't get time to figure it out. The shattering of the window glass was enough to pull his attention towards the living room just as the orange flames jumped up towards the ceiling. "Shit" the words echoed as he tried to move away from the phone, the flames in his way of the doorway towards the kids bedroom. He took a deep breath before running through the doorway. The flames licked at his jacket making themselves part of his new attire, he tore the jacket away and made his way into Aurora's room and lifted her into his arms. She was still slightly asleep and didn't realize that she had been grabbed till two more glasses shattered nearby one in the hallway and one in little Davids room.

"Daddy"

"Shhh hon we are going out for a bit sweetheart go back to sleep"

He took off towards his sons door, pushing open the door to only see flames overtaking his bedroom. His son was calling out through the flames, and he could hear him, David covered up his daughter in his arms protecting her with his body before running through the flames. His skin seared and burned but this time there was no flames stuck to him, he grabbed his sons hand and led him towards the third floor window. "Son, I am going to need you to jump out the window after me so I can catch you....." He turned towards the window and took a deep breath, right when he prepared to jump. "David come on I got the kids," He looked down to see his partner from the force standing there. He tossed Aurora to him and then David Jr. As soon as both of them were out the window David jumped himself right to the ground. The crack was evident as he landed into a roll and the pain quickly followed but him and his kids were safe that was all that mattered.

• Love
Characters: Rix Alvar > Vidar Alvar

As they pulled up in the parking lot, Vidar cheered from the backseat. He quickly jumped out the moment the car turned off. They both strode towards the building excited to join the others. As they walked into the classroom. There were several groups of kids spread around the large room, decorations hung from the ceiling, and in front of the stage were long tables of food and punch.
The little cub pranced over to a group of his friends as Rix watched from the wall beside the nearly empty bleachers. She watched as he laughed and happily chatted with the others; her gaze was accompanied with a proud grin.

"I love watching them all have fun together. Kids seem to make the most out of life, enjoying the little things. You can't help but to envy their innocence." She spoke aloud to no one in particular. The experience in her career told her otherwise, or at least it disproved that all children were pure, while in truth there were several who made Rix weep for humanity. They are just influenced far too easily. However she felt nothing but love for them all.

Characters: Vidar Alvar > Rix Alvar, Kyle, Jake

"Hey Vidar! I like your costume!" Kyle called out to the cub as he approached the group.
"Thanks." Vidar replied with a laugh. "We looked extra hard for something awesome!"
They group conversed for a while before Vidar retreated to the refreshments table. He grinned as he filled up his plate and grabbed a cup, when suddenly he felt someone behind him.
"Well well well. You couldn't find a more accurate costume? Like a toilet?" Vidar turned to face the large kid.
"Oh, hey Jake." Vidar said with disappointment. The hefty kid was dressed normally in a red shirt and baggy jeans.
"Hello." He replied with an obvious tone of sarcasm. He lifted his hand to the bottom of Vidar's cup causing it to splash all over him.
"Hey! Quit being a jerk!" Kyle called as he quickly approached the two. Jake let out a laugh as he looked to the side at the kid.
"Lookie here. Always trying to prove yourself. Well go on. How are you going to stop me?" He grabbed a cup and poured it all over Kyle. This kid was always bullying them and while Vidar's attitude helped him get out of several beatings, the fact that he was the youngest in his grade made him a target.

Vidar growled under his breath as his shoulder tensed in anger. His plate began to lift when the only thing that could possibly stop him rang out.
"Vidar!" His mother bellowed as she walked towards them. Vidar froze, tensing a little more. "What on earth is going on here?" Her voice was stern, enough to strike fear into all of those around them, but Vidar knew she wasn't even putting her full force behind it. She walked up to Vidar and placed her hand on his shoulder.
"What is this? You're all wet." She brushed some of the liquid off the costume but to no avail. Her fierce gaze went to the bully causing him to flinch. "So you decided that Vidar was your little punch bowl to return your drink to? That wasn't very nice. Now the outfit I bought for him will get all sticky. What do you have to say for yourself?" Rix said as she walked in front of her son and leaned forward to come face to face with Jake. "Hmm?"
"I… Uh. Ya… Umm." He stammered doing everything in his power to keep from looking into her eyes.
"Well? Spit it out! Why are you causing trouble for my son?" The words came out very hard and cruel, as if she was about to rip out his throat right there.
"I'm sorry Miss!" He whimpered, bowing his head and clasping his hands together begging for forgiveness.
"Aw, there we go. That was a good practice run." She scooted to the side so that Vidar and Kyle were in his view. "Now for the real thing, they're the true victims after all." He gave her a glare, but the moment she returned it to him he straightened up.
"I- I'm s-sorry." He grumbled.
"Come on, say it like you did with me. Like you actually mean it."
"Fine. I'm sorry."
"Good. Now…" She turned him to face her and gave him a stern look. "If I find out you're messing with my son and his friends, or anyone for that matter, you will regret it. Do you understand?"
"Yes ma'am!"
"Good. You may go now." The boy quickly ran off. "Well now." Rix turned her son and gave the two a playful smile and winked. "I don't think he'll be bothering you anymore." The three of them giggled.
The party went on for a bit, Vidar didn't have any more problems and he enjoyed the party in peace. After a while they left to hang out at home.[/hr][/hr][/hr]

• Love
Eva was prepared for the party that she was invited to. She had everything she needed. Except for her mask that seemed to have gone missing. The brown haired girl glanced around the room. Nowhere to be seen. She must have picked it up and moved it. But where? Eva trotted to the kitchen. Not in there either. As much as she didn't want to admit it, the brown haired girl needed to by the store. Again.

Eva visited a speciality store in town. Inside was like something out of a novel. Plastic gravestones littered the floor, mangled wax figures to serve as decoration, and bats hung from the ceiling. Eva made a face when she almost collided with a wax figure. This was not something she did very often. The brown haired girl wanted to be in here long enough to find a mask and go home for the party.

Aisle after aisle, Eva combed the racks for anything to use for a creative touch to her costume. Nothing good so far. Grotesque troll or sneaky vampire. Until she found what she was looking for. A cat mask. It reminded Eva of her grandfather. She immediately felt a wave of emotions. One she could not contain.

A sadness tugged at her chest. She missed her grandfather. Her friend she could trust. Eva could be herself and be happy about anything. Tell him anything. The brown haired girl didn't have that anymore. Not now. It was just her and her aunt. She can't be like this anymore. No more feeling sorry about those things she can't fix. The only thing she can fix is herself. Which starts now. From now on, the brown haired girl will look with confidence and courage. No more hiding behind a smile. She will tell other what she feels if need be. Eva will stand for what she needs. Courage and determination. She walked out of the store with a new mask and a sense of purpose.

• Love
David's eyes were bloodshot pushing the lack of sleep to new heights for the veteran soldier and police officers. His office was littered with paperwork each one of stories on the two brothers who had been in the gas station the previous night. He read through each file, each letter jumping up to him trying to hide something within their secrets but instead he found nothing. He stood up and slammed his hand against the hardwood desk only to regret it a moment later, whoever it was that targeted his kids would pay for what they had done. The kids who now lay peacefully sleeping at their mothers house, hopefully safe from whatever now targeted David. For now though he reached into his desk and pulled out the unmarked cellphone he always kept in there and dialed the one number he hated dialing at this time.

"Hello?"

"Hello, yes I would like to speak to Zero."

"Zero..I am sorry sir but there is nobody here..."

"Just tell him it's Wolf, he will know what you mean"

Silence was all that followed for a long time, each second that ticked by was more time David wasted. Soon however a man picked up the phone the rough voice seeming agitated about the call. "What do you need I am in the middle of something?" I am faxing you over some papers Zero, I need you to look into these two for me make sure they aren't part of a gang or something like that. If they are send me all the information..they attacked me and my kids last night setting my house and belongings on fire." "I got you give me a few hours and I will have it back to you" "Thanks Zero" The talks were always simple and right to the point and soon the information was back in David's hand but nothing was there these two were petty criminals not part of the big leagues....so who did he fuck with?

Hailey practically flew into the house having just gotten back from her schools party she was still beaming. Sean slinked in behind her and settled for falling on the couch and sighing out with exasperation. 'Seannn come on, come on soon we have to go trick or treating!" Sean groaned loudly and buried his head in a pillow which only incited what seemed like maniacal giggling from Hailey. Sean just shook his head and pushed up from the couch. And their mother stepped in.

'Oh my look at my little princess." She cooed before moving to Hailey and burshing through her hair with her fingertips. "Alright come on lets get you ready for trick or treating." Sean watched anxiously but didn't budge and instead collapsed further into the couch.

It did not take long before he heard his mother again. "You know. You really shouldn't miss out on that party Sean."

Sean stirred and then sat up to look at her. "I have to take Hailey trick of treating... its not.. a big dea.."

"Bullshit!" She called him out and took a seat next to him. "Hailey told me that you met up with one of your girlfriends today... and how excited you were. She told me about the party and that you really wanted to go... so go. Don't try and play it off like it doesn't mean anything to you."

Sean sighed and shook his head. He wanted more than anything to go to that party but... he couldn't just leave Hailey when he'd promised already. His mom wasn't finished with her protest however. "I will take Hailey out. I am her mother and I can do that so you go and have fun with your friends Sean."

Sean looked back to her wide eyed, where normally he would completely call her on her bullshit he could feel his resolve weakening. "Mom.. are you sure... I have to know that she will get to go, she is so excited for it. an.." His mother cut him off. "I promise Sean I'll take her. Okay? So don't worry about it anymore." Sean watched her for any sign of lies and found none. "Just you and her. I am sure she would love to just have time with you alone for once mom so please just you two go alright?" Sean was firm in his words, he knew well that he had to be despite how dirty he felt for agreeing to this to begin with.

"Yup just little Hailey and me okay?" His mother smiled at him like she hadn't done in a very long time and that was enough to break a crack in his wall he'd put up against her.

"Alright I will believe you then." Sean finally said before pushing up from the couch and moving to the bathroom where Hailey was looking at herself in the mirror.

"Well look at you. Your a beautiful princess huh?" Hailey squeeled happily. "Brother isn't going to be able to take you tonight alright hon? Is th.....Hailey interrupted happily. "I knowww Sean your gonna go be with the swan princess right!?" sean smiled and nodded. "Yup im gonna go to that party." Hailey ran to him and hugged him. "Have fun okay Sean! and tell her I said hi okay?" Sean laughed and pet her head for a second. "Alright I have to get ready then myself." With that Sean kissed Hailey's forehead and went back to his room to get on his own costume. His gut hurt for some reason but all he could think of was going to this party... as there was a special guest that he's noticed in the fine print of the poster. He knew that this would be the party of a lifetime. and... Jessica would be there.. waiting for him.

Sean finished final touches to his clothes for the costume and then threw his cloak over his shoulders. Donned his mask and head out.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
"…it would frame your face really nicely."
Jaya smiled at Jo's suggestion. It was very liberating to be complimented so readily by someone she was rapidly becoming close friends with. She was about to compliment her in kind when she noticed the colour in her cheeks. Weird. Was something wrong with this? Friends totally admired each other aesthetically right? Socialization was difficult…
Jo got up suddenly to throw away her coffee cup and gestured towards the door. Jaya mentally shrugged, assuming that whatever odd emotions Jo was going through would be relieved through her interest in costume shopping. Yeah. It was probably just excitement for the party or something. The shorter girl wished she could have the other's mindset in that, she was feeling trepidatious at best.
The walk to the costume shop was uneventful, but the store itself far from. It was surprisingly expansive for a seasonal store, and had racks upon racks of costumes. The girls split up, each weaving through the circular racks. Out of the corner of her eye Jaya saw Jo frown at a period dress, apparently out of frustration at the size. She felt a pang of empathy; she had similar problems finding clothes small enough to fit her.
Speaking of, that might actually work to her advantage. There were a couple of League of Legends costumes, including a folding foam hat for her favourite Lulu skin. She could combine it with the big faux-fur blue coat that her mother had sent her when she'd told her about winter, and it would be a decent enough costume. Jaya smiled broadly, and grabbed the accessory, eager to show Jo her find.
On her way, however, she happened by another section of the store, one dedicated to period clothing. Wasn't Jo looking at something like this? thought Jaya. It seemed like the same thing, all pink and ribbons, but it had several different sizes. Maybe the other one was just a customer too lazy to replace it correctly after they'd decided against it. Rude.
"Find anything?" came a familiar voice from the other side of the rack.
"Yes, for me and for yourself," answered Jaya, "Wasn't this the dress you were looking at earlier? I think this is its proper rack, lots of different sizes and styles here. The other one was probably just misplaced."
Jaya felt a strange fluttering at the other girl's reaction, which was odd because this was a pleasant moment. Weird again. Jo was rubbing off on her or something. In any case, they both wound up paying happily for their purchases and parting ways, promising to seek each other out at the party. Once again, Jaya stumbled on the goodbye, deciding on a hug this time. She would get the hang of it eventually.
Jaya spent the next part of the afternoon finishing up a couple projects, padding the hat a bit so it would stay up, and eventually finding her coat. Before putting everything on and getting ready to leave, Jaya decided to indulge in an old hobby, one that she'd found when searching for her coat.
She pulled a thin brush and a bottle of special ink from a thin battered box. It had almost been stolen by customs on her way over from India, but she'd managed to hang on to it. Special henna dye, crafted special by a kindly old crone down an unmarked alleyway in Hyderabad that her mother had gotten lost in as a child. The dye soaked deep into the skin and dried ten times faster, and lasted for an entire month before noticeably fading. In her youth, Jaya had memorized many designs and techniques in secret before her father found out. It was with those memories that she began lightly brushing a portion of her right arm. Just a little design for good luck and perseverance, hopefully enough to get her through the party.
A quick blow-dry later, and the ink seemed nearly permanent. Jaya rubbed at it with a finger, satisfied that it was just as resilient as the old woman had promised. Coat went on, hat clipped to her hair with half a dozen bobby pins, and pockets filled with her usual gadgets, chargers, and self-defense weapons, Jaya stepped out into the night.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
j6mtep.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Event:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Halloween party![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Club Replay[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Time:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]10pm[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Finally it's that time of the year. Everywhere you go cat people, fairies, demons, celebrity copycats, and many more can be seen prancing around the streets. This is the time where you can be whoever –or whatever- you want and not be deemed as "strange." Sweets are in bowls at every corner and the bars are packed with costumed customers ready to get smashed and have the craziest time of their life.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Club Replay is hosting the biggest Halloween celebration of the year, as they do every year. Contests, entertainment, food, alcohol, prizes, treats, dancing, anything you can imagine is most likely taking place there. They even managed to get the best DJs in the area. If you're looking to party your little Halloween-loving hearts out, this is the place to be.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And costumes are mandatory!!![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Standing outside the exterior seemed a tad bit small for something holding such a large event. The brick building stood alone, covered in cobwebs, blood, and lights of orange. On the ground in front of it were graves with decapitated heads and dismembered limbs. Frankenstein's monster stood at the entrance, asking for ID and cash for entry fees. Hanging on his podium was a sign that read "Only creatures of the night are welcome here. Pathetic humans beware." Guarding the entrance behind the monster were two large zombies, ready to pounce if someone caused trouble.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once inside, if you managed to pass the monster and zombies alive, you'll find yourself in front of a descending staircase next to a sign that read "Enter at own Risk," just below that in smaller letter it said "We are not responsible for any loss of heads, limbs, and/or blood." With each step down the dimly lit stairs, manic laughter sounded, followed by screaming and spooky music, and with all your might you try not to bump into the hanging limbs and spiders that hung from the ceiling. Upon reaching the last step one was presented with a door covered in blood, bugs, and cobwebs with another sign: "Mortals on the menu, half off… Literally."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]You muster the courage to reach for the doorknob which was completely covered in bug, you've made it this far after all. On the other side of the door you find that it is much bigger on the inside. Strobe lights flickered Halloween colors, rock music blared throughout the large room, and different creatures danced on the flashing dancefloor. There were several areas around the room where different activities and events were being held, and the bar was full with several bartenders rushing to meet their customers' needs. Hanging on the menu and all over the bar were signs with taxi numbers and other designated drives' info.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let the partying commence!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Activities[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Best Costume Contest[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- Everyone worked hard to make the best costume they could, now show it off to the world! And for incentive a large cash prize will be awarded to the winner![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Drinking Contest[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- Lets see who can down the most shots. Doctors on site. Lightweights; don't enter...[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dance Contest[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- What better way to win money than by shaking it. Show off those dance moves![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Karaoke Contest[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- Sing your little hearts out for a big prize![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Prize Giveaways[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- Those who enter the door will have a number stamped on the back of their hand with the club's logo. Every hour a random number will be called, the bearer of that number will instantly win something out of the treasure chest on stage.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Risk Taste Testing[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]- Do you think you have what it takes to taste something from the mysterious box without looking? Don't let the slime and/or bumps scare you away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]NPCs[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bartenders-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Olivia Carino (Angel)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Kate Ball (Princess)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sophia Nichols (Demon)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Trevor Ramos (Pirate)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Garret Marricks (Batman)[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Bouncers-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Darius McGuire (Zombie)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Aiden Wilkins (Zombie)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jeffery Matthews (Zombie)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Christina Bennet (Zombie)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Zachary Burke (Zombie)[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Doorman-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke Hayes (Frankenstein's Monster)[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]DJs-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Cody Sky (Undead Groom)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Crystal Malone (Undead Bride)[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Waiters/tresses-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Grace Dixon (Playboy Bunny)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tiffany Reed (Maid)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Vanessa Brown (Pinup Girl)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Maya Allen (Cowgirl)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Whitney Nguyen (Cat)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Geoff Thomson (Butler)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Louis Gardner (Werewolf)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bryan Mullens (Skeleton)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tristan Ross (Ringleader)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sebastian Caldwell (Officer)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Participants[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone![/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rules[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-Follow the rp's and Iwaku's rules[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-If you say you're in, actually show up.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-Try not to kill yourself. (I refuse to clean it up XD)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-Think your fake ID can get you access to alcohol? Go ahead and try it out. (Up to the evil GM whether or not it works)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-Don't interact with anyone if you aren't planning on doing at least two posts this week.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-Try not going above three paragraphs when interacting with others.[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
Jez, 10pm, Club Replay.

For a while it had felt like she'd never get to the club, though perhaps that was just her own excitement making time appear to move slower. The burning program on the computer had taken so long with the disc that she'd all but finished getting ready by the time it had done. Sticking it and a hand written letter which read,
Dear Hailey,
All swans start off as ugly ducklings, we spend hundreds of hours practicing before you ever see us. We fall and we get hurt and we trip and sometimes we cry but you only ever see us when we're at our best because we want to give you nothing less. So the next time anyone tells you you can't be or do something, remember, even swans had to start from nothing. You can do it, I believe in you.
Love
The Swan
A.k.a Jessica Selway

into a small, neat case marked in silver permanent pen 'Hailey, Love the Swan'. She'd wrapped it with a soft white ribbon and popped it on her desk.

As she finished off her costume her mother called wanting to video chat. Sighing she'd prepared herself for the verbal barrage and the guilt her mother would lay upon her, a lengthy phone call later and she was left feeling rather deflated until the lights in her room flickered over the case on her desk with it's silver writing. Picking it up she slipped it into her bag and left her room, as she head down the stairs her father barely looked up from his work, uttering a half hearted goodbye and causing a gentle sigh from Jez's lips.

It was already dark and she was both thankful and a little annoyed, she couldn't ride her bike, not in the state she was in which meant she either had to walk or get a taxi and taxi's were rather hit or miss. Risking it though she dialled a number and waited only a few minutes for the taxi to turn up. She slipped in and had pleasant conversation with the driver; who had no idea who she was, until they reached the club, he even offered to swing back at closing to pick her up.

She could hear the music from outside and the thrum of the base was quite prominent, the decorations were amazing and with a giggle she head towards the club. Carefully making her way through the gruesome horror show and meeting the bouncer with a smile and a hug she was ushered quickly inside and was not in the least disappointed, it was decorated beautifully, she couldn't have hoped for better and with all the activities laid out, dancing...well she couldn't, even if the little angel had restored her faith it wasn't the kind of dance you did in a club. Singing was not something she was able to do and she wasn't really into drinking or getting drunk -though that was largely due to the fact she didn't have much of a social life- and so rather than approach anything just yet she found a seat close to the bar and sat herself down, she ordered a non-alcoholic drink and watched the rest of the club for the time being, hoping she'd recognise someone eventually.

(((Costume)))
feather-wedding-dress-winter.jpg

Costume

6701846989_dba4a373bd.jpg

Head dress

e9fc11c218e5e434d9555a4f2e671e4d.jpg

Hair up dusted with silver powder

snow-queen-makeup-look.jpg

Make-up

• Love
@Qu'ess Baenre

David had only just gotten back to his hotel room he was staying in when his phone rang. Cautious at first David finally answered noticing it was not a number he knew.

"I am impressed you didn't burn with your house... thats good though... it makes this that much more enjoyable. The truth is this... Well a question first... have you talked to your kids yet today?"

Silence followed and David was forced to wait for more information. "They have them David... Your kids are not in a good place.... but the truth of the matter is this David... i know where they are. do you wish to know?"

The next second a text message popped onto David's phone. "That is a picture of them tied up. Now Im not the same person that you talked to the other day... My name... is Murder.... Tell me David do you want the person who has your children... Dead?"

• Love
[fieldbox="Club Replay, blue, solid"]Tori stood in front of her mirror staring at her reflection with a rather displeased look on her face. She was clad in the costume she'd gathered earlier that day, realizing only too late that the kimono didnt fit correctly, and she'd not remembered where exactly she placed the sandals that would have went with it in the first place. Not that she wanted to go to the Halloween party dressed like a knock off Ahri, she had a few costumes for the character anyway. In fact, she had just finished her own version of an Ahri skin just last week, and decided perhaps she would test it out at the party instead. The girl rummaged through her closet until she had gathered every component to her outfit, and then proceeded to don the beautifully crafted set she'd managed to craft. Tori slipped into a an ivory corseted top trimmed in a beautiful teal color, and over this she draped the teal hood/sleeve/skirt piece of the costume, slipping her arms through openings, and stepping down into said piece when the time was right. She then slid on a matching teal bikini bottom, and then moved on to slip the stockings up her legs, the process of putting on this specific piece was long, and tedious, but when it was finished, and she stood in the mirror gazing at herself, she found she was a lot more satisfied with her appearance. She finished adding the small detail bits to the costume; foam armor shoulder/arm piece and a few garters with fastens to keep the stockings up along with her custom made shoes. She fastened each faux fur tail into place, and then seated herself in front of her mirror so that she could apply her makeup, put in her golden contacts, and do her hair before fastening on top of her head a set of ears with bells attached to the bases. Her take on what Winter Wonder Ahri would look like was now complete minus her plastic orb with an intricately crafted snowflake in the middle. She'd gather that up when she left the house.

Club Replay~

Tori eyed the club as the taxi pulled up to the outside, and even then people were still coming, and going from the party. When the cab came to a stop, she took a deep breath before stepping out, and approaching Frankenstein's Monster at the door. After following protocol, she finally made it into the party...just as the Twin DJ's had finished their act. It was saddening, but even still music thrummed, and she could feel the vibrations beneath her feet. She'd have to apologize to Echo later. She would have loved to dance, simply let herself get lost in the music, but there were far too many people on the dance floor for her liking. She found herself weaving through the crowd to find a stool at the bar. Once seated, she ordered a simple water, and allowed herself to watched all the cats, witches, demons, and other fantasy themed creatures move, and grind to the trance music. The shook her foot to the beat of the music, her head bobbing each time the bass boomed, and found that she was quite enjoying herself despite being surrounded by strangers, and being all alone. As if he had read her mind, the bartender dressed as Batman slid up to her,"Hey Foxy, you think I happen to be the hero you deserve?" Tori blinked at him for a moment just as something in her sparked up, and she flashed him a slightly amused smirk,"I think you happen to be making a fool of yourself. Bat Boy." She flashed him a full on grin then, and winked as his eyes widened behind his mask. She only realized what she'd said after he cursed beneath his breath, and moved away from her. Tori sat in her chair for a moment knowing all too well that she would have never reacted like that. What exactly was going on?[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Aria D'adreci

After the events that transpired in the day, Aria was all but glad to step into the club after the final step with the music now drowning out her thoughts so that she could only feel the thundering in her chest. A grin lit up her expression as she stood at the entrance with unrestrained glee, Aria was practically jumping on the spot already. She chuckled softly before looking around to see if she could notice anyone through the mass of bodies and strobe lights and when she couldn't the brunette just shrugged and headed over towards the bar. She needed a drink after hearing birds, out of all things, talk.

Finding herself an available seat she perched herself down before humming gently. The bartender was currently busy and so she propped her purse onto the white bar, dragging out her phone to switch on the front camera to check that her makeup was still intact. Her lips were painted a royal blue with a dark green edge to them and her eyes were clad in a mass of peacock themed colours and small gems placed strategically just under her eyes to form a feather upon either side. Aria had taken time with her hair for once as the brunette locks were were styled into loose curls that tumbled down to her chest, her infamous feather still entwined in her hair, though mixed with some peacock ones as well.

Aria's dress itself was chosen in haste but it still was perfect in her own opinion. Clad in hundreds of feathers, the dress itself was strapless with a cinched waist that showed off her curves and a length that reached to her mid thighs before it fell in a train of feathers behind her, just like the train of a peacock itself. To finish it off, Aria donned a pair of black gladiator heeled sandals to finish off her look. It had taken a while to complete and Aria even had to ask a friend to come over to her apartment to do the makeup but she was quite impressed with her costume this year. Secretly, she was glad that it was not her normal creature of the night theme.

When the bar tender was free Aria had no hesitation in calling him over and ordering herself JD and coke, her gaze drifting over to the mass of people that were dancing, screaming along with lyrics and generally enjoying themselves. This was the environment she loved, she found herself getting lost in. Once her drink was ordered, Aria grabbed the glass within dark blue painted nails, letting them rasp against the surface for a second, before she gathered herself up and headed over to the dance floor. She found herself lost in the large crowd, instantly drawn into the influence of the music, Aria began to dance along with the beat, hips swaying in time to the music as she ended up enthralled by the freedom. Dancing was a passion that burned at her blood and kept her attention solely on the music that drowned out every other noise. Soon enough, Aria was singing along with the songs at the top of her voice, though it was lost in the crowds and beat, she couldn't deny that she was enjoying herself.

• Love
"I can't believe you've had this planned for ever and told me this morning about it. Actually the more I think about it, the more it sounds like you." Nova shook her head as she looked at her make up in the mirror. It wasn't like her to cake her face with anything. It was weird looking at a face that was hers, but looked nothing like hers. Though it did bring a smile to her, now, black lips as she stared at a face that almost reflected Abu. She wasn't around, but it killed her not to have her sweet dog by her side.

"Well you look really hot, so it's fine. When can you say you've looked this hot in your life? Never, I know. You don't have to answer that," Rebecca said as she pressed her red skirt down with her palms, twisting and turned to get different angles on her outfit. Her statement made Nova roll her eyes and lean in the door way of the bathroom to stare at her.

"The Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Ridding hood. I don't think any other outfit would fit the two of us better. You being the 'innocent'," Nova did her air quotes to get her point across," little girl crying wolf. Then there is me, the rugged miss understood dog." Once she finished her summary of the two she found Rebbeca grinning wide and nodding her head as if she was very proud of her project. "Ya, ya, you did good." She said before laughing and looking back to the bathroom mirror. Her hands slipped on the mask and tied it under her long white hair. It fit perfect and made her stare for a second before Her attention was drawn away. The cab was there and it was time to head into New York.

Nova's Costume:
Make up and Outift w/o the hood:

Mask:

Rebecca's outfit:

They didn't live in New York so it took way too long to get there, but once they couldn't see the tips of the buildings anymore they both got excited in the back seat. Rebecca paid the man once they were stuck in traffic. She knew the rest of the way and would guide the two of them the rest of the way. Rebecca pulled Nova along with her, Nova being too busy taking it all in. She remembered the last time she as in New York and it wasn't a good memory. Lucky for her she had Rebbeca to get her to the party.

"There it is! Nova look... ahh fuck. The line is ridiculous!" Her friend huffed and pouted the whole way through the line, but Nova was grinning, eager to be inside. It didn't take long for Rebecca to make friends in line that loved her outfit. More likely loving her boobs in that outfit. Nova knew all to well that once they were inside she would be on her own then carrying Rebecca out. They two had a new friendship, but it was a well balanced one. Rebecca spoke up for Nova, Nova listened for Rebecca. Just what the two needed.

The two finally walked in, they were a little bit later than what they wanted, but they made it. Nova couldn't stop looking at all the lights, the faces, the noise, it all was so much to take it. Rebecca came into sight blowing her a kiss as a taller male took her in hand to a bar. Nova laughed and shook her head softly before she, herself took her black high tops around the building to take in more of the room. After a round of the building she went to the punch table where she would decide how ballsy the night was going to be. Nova wasn't one to dance or to sing, but this wasn't a night to be yourself. No one but Rebecca knew her here, even then Rebecca wouldn't remember half of the night any way. She could dance, make out with strangers, and let go for one night and be ok. Her own smirk of glee hid behind her cup as she sipped at the punch and agreed to herself to make it a night to be care free.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love

[fieldbox="Club Replay, purple"]

Characters: Echo and Sonet
Costumes: Echo as Ethereal and Sonet as Concussive DJ Sona
Time: 11PM to 11:30PM

bannerfans_16826033_by_steallikeartists-d9i8ehu.png

Bodies flooded the strobe-lit club, rock music thudding through speakers on every wall. The track was nothing special, just something to get newcomers into the mood. Hype them up for the main event. Sonet found herself nodding to the simple beat as she unwound cords and plugged them in. Her setup was nearly complete, and with a little luck, Echo would finish uploading the light show Jaya had helped them to program soon. Sparing a glance at her wrist, Sonet called up her phone's wireless menu and input a set of simple codes to prep for the performance. Red numbers flashed on the holographic screen shortly thereafter, a 1-minute countdown timer.

"Shit," the costume-clad girl muttered, and pulled her helmet on. Inputting a quick command with the screen on her wrist, she whistled lightly into her headset. "Ready with the lights? 50 Taps left." After a brief pause, her headphones crackled and Echo's voice popped into her ears.

"Ready down here. Knock'em dead, Lei."

"You too, An. See you on the other side."

- - -

30 Taps left on her wrist. Echo double-checked her helmet nervously, assuring it was securely in place. 20 Taps. She trailed her fingertips down her wrist, activating the holographic menu. Several digital bars projected themselves into the air, each one assigned to a separate component of the performance. Swallowing her nerves, Echo pressed one finger to the bar labeled "lights" and one to the "club" bar, slowly dragging both of them down. She could hear a chorus of gasps from above her as the lights and rock music were cut out. Soon enough, the club was pitch black, save for the glow of the bar lights. Silence demanded the attention of every attendee. The party was about to start, and she bounced back and forth on her heels beneath the stage, waiting for Sonet's queue.

- - -

In the center of the club was a circular platform, walls surrounding its base and leading up to the ceiling. It looked like nothing more than an incredibly thick pillar to most. But when the club lights faded out and the simple rock music hushed, the oddly thick pillar became a beacon, drawing all eyes to the center of the room. Red, blue and purple lights sparked onto the circular walls surrounding the platform, crafting an image of two DJ Sona Helmets.

"Echo \ | / Sonet" blinked over the circular walls, announcing their performance. Grinning inside her helmet, Sonet's fingertips trailed over the semi-circular music board in front of her, triggering a sequence of operations that coaxed music from the dead speakers.

It started out low, a subtle bass-kicking beat with trance overlays. But as the melody built, more layers were spun into the song, captivating the audience. Colorful lights played across the circular wall, creating abstract bursts which echoed the musical beat. And as the music grew louder and more demanding, the lights grew brighter, until the first drop began to build.

And as it dropped, so too did the wall. Light exploded from the newly-revealed stage, creating a halo around the figure inside. Her head nodded to the beat she played, so intense and enchanting that sound seemed to swallow the crowd whole. Red, orange and purple lights swelled through the club as Sonet played her trance-dubstep mix. Bass thudded down the walls and floor, pounding through every person in the crowd. Her song seemed to last hours and simultaneously not last at all, for the atmosphere was so dreamlike she could hardly gauge time in this space. All Sonet could gauge were the taps. And when her taps drew to their close, the melody softened. Violet light overwhelmed the angry reds and oranges. A soft smile captivated Sonet's lips under the helmet. Now it was Echo's time to shine.

- - -

The girl's gloved hands nearly shook as she dragged the red and orange light bars down. She closed her eyes, fists clenching tight as she stepped into place beneath the stage. A voice crackled into her headset then, soft and sweet.

"Ready An?"

Echo sighed softly, clenching her fist one last time for good measure before running her palm over the controls on her right.

"I'm ready."

- - -

The music shifted then, blending into a soft trance melody, as a circular section opened above her head. The platform Echo stood on started to rise slowly, lifting her from the darkness and into the light of center stage. A pale violet-blue glow enveloped the room as her soft voice joined with the music Sonet played.

". . . I am real . . ."

Echo stepped off the platform and crossed the stage slowly as her voice called out, encircling her sister with swan-like grace. Their performance was the living embodiment of floating in a dream-world. As Echo circled the edge of the stage, she reached out toward the crowd, fingertips dancing just out of their curious reach.

"I am atlas, I am air . . . watch me spin silk,

I am your heart left bare . . . watch me spill blood,
I am fine with words unsaid,
'cause your soul sings to mine,
they intertwine!
We show our colors best
when they are stained with red,
and we move as if we're dancing,
while everyone falls around us.
You and I.
You and I.
"

Sonet manipulated the cusps and breaks of her vocal stream, blending Echo's melody with her own to create something beautiful and addicting. And as the performance came to a close, Echo floated back toward the center of the stage, once more circling her sister's musical board. The music softened in that moment. Echo's voice floated from the speakers one last time like the call of a distant ghost, haunting the club with her chilling murmur.

". . . I am real . . ."

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Sean arrived just in time for the first beat drop and instantly his heart started racing. (10:01PM) he danced for about an hour and the sound moved through his whole body. It entered his soul and gave him a jump to his step as he more or less danced his way to a spot where he could see where it was all coming from. He knew already though, he knew who would be attending tonight, the special guests and he almost squealed when he seen the twins in their DJ Sona attire.

(11:00 PM)

The sounds were enough to drive a monk into a frenzy and Sean did well just to keep himself from going crazy right then. His legs moved without his say so and before long he found himself jumping and weaving to the perfectly smooth sounds that the DJ only known as Sonnet could produce. Only when the sound mellowed did he truly lose his place. Echo took stage and like a Fae dancing upon the air, she was brilliant. The energy and the twins performance just as it ended; gave Sean a happiness he'd not felt in a very long time.

(11:27PM)

Sean was decked out for a party like this, donning a style he loved a little too much by delving into the realms of harlequin mischief this Halloween.

Costume: (Black and white instead of red, also torn up and more evil/wicked looking.)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/03/9a/d5039a15483e96509aa422cc4a2613e2.jpg

Mask:
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-h_8DcH8DGi0/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/8fRVeErEjU4/s900-c-k-no/photo.jpg

Sean didn't expect anyone to recognize him behind the mask, and that sense of freedom was would really let him set loose tonight. He'd almost forgotten why he'd come to begin with though and when he was reminded Sean glanced about the club looking for any sign of Jessica, falling short when a song came on and everyone crowded the dance floor.

Sean instead watched the two performers lower themselves from their stage. The driving beat was perfect to drive him along as Sean joined into the fray he cheered just as the chorus came on. Avicii a wonderful almost country styled electronic, and Sean loved them for their unique sound.

His feet hit the ground hard and Sean danced with the music shouting the lyrics along with everyone else. It was perfect, a song that meant more than most would know. These were the nights that never were going to die, the ones he would remember forever in his life. Being away from his mom, from Hailey all of the stress and just slipping away into the sounds in this room, it was a paradise for Sean.

"He said one day you'll leave this world behind. So live a life you will remember! My father told me when I was just a child... These are the nights that never die.. my father told me!"

Sean shouted with the whole room and then when the beat dropped again he broke into a powerful step slapping his feet against the ground and bouncing around while moving in a hard core jump style to the music, until finally the song ended... and the room fell silent for only a second before the next song.

Sean wiped some sweat from his brow and laughed aloud before traveling over to the punch bar, he didn't know what to expect to find but it was going to be a long night. An amazingly long night.

• Love
Sean was only alone for a few seconds before the punch table was bombarded by the rest of the crowd. No doubt they were dying of thirst after such an incredible performance by the twins and then the Avicii song afterwards. He knew that he was.

@Lyla : Spirit
Then out of the corner of his eye Sean noticed one attendant in particular that intrigued him. Plenty of people had awesome costumes but many were also beyond typical... The girl looked lost, but also seemed to be enjoying herself and Sean almost felt bad for what he was gonna do next.

"Howooooo" he called out from behind her almost surely scaring the piss out of her, but Sean floated in to lean against the wall next to her right after that. "hey there, sorry about that i couldn't resist myself a chance to scare the 'Big Bad Wolf' he laughed to himself from behind his mask and smiled. "Its a hell of a party you been in the mix of it all yet?" Sean reached around her and poured himself a cup of the punch before drinking it happily. There was no reason that he couldn't socialize a bit until he found Jessica. It was easy from behind his mask.

• Love
Characters: Rix Alvar > Vidar Alvar, Cynbel Alvar, Frankenstein's Monster
Time: 8:32pm > 11:27

"Mkay Vidar, time for bed, dear." The mother's voice rang after the movie credits ended. She twisted on the edge of the couch to face him.
"Awwwww, but moooom." Vidar slid down in his seat in protest.
"No, none of that." She lightly poked his nose with a smile. "It's time for all good little cubs to sleep for the night."
"Five more minutes." He pleaded with large pitiful eyes.
"Okay…" Rix caved and Vidar broke out in cheers. "You can use that five minutes to get ready for bed." She added with a playful chuckle.
"Mooooooooom." He whined with defeat.
"Go on. I'll be up there to tuck you in." She ordered and the little boy began to stomp up the stairs.

"You going to that party?" Cynbel asked out of curiosity, he leaned forward in his recliner to get a better look at her.
"Mhm, but only for a few hours. You should go to bed, I'll be fine." Rix said as she stood up.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He mumbled as he waved his hand in dismissal. She know full well he's stay up until she got home. Every time she went out he'd do that. She half expected him to follow her every time she went out, but she preferred to think he didn't.

The red head ambled up the stair to find Vidar finishing up his nightly hygiene.
"You ready?" She asked, leaning against the bathroom doorframe.
"Mhm." He mumbled as he spit out water into the sink and turned off facet.
"Okay, come on." Vidar walked into his room, Rix tailed behind. He climbed into his bed and Rix tucked him in and gave him a kiss on the nose.
"Good night my little cub." She whispered lovingly as she pushed back the rose locks from his pale face.
"Good night mommy." He replied sleepily as his eyes began to droop.

After staring at him from the doorway for a few moments she finally retreated to her room. Careful not to mess up her makeup from earlier, she threw off her clothes and pulled out another outfit from her closet. She tied on a fuzzy orange and brown bra-like shirt and pulled up a frilly brown and orange miniskirt. Her hat matched the rest of the outfit and formed into a vest. Then she pulled on the finishing touches; large claws for her feet and hands. She walked up to the full body mirror and counted down in her head
The edges of her entire outfit flicked on, glowing to make a noticeable entrance. She gave her grinning reflection a satisfied nod of acceptance before turning and leaving the room. On her way out she grabbed her wallet, made sure it was zipped all the way, and secured it on the belt of her skirt.
"Okay Grandpa, I'm leaving now. Don't stay up too late, you'll have trouble waking up."
"I promise nothing. Have fun." He called from the living room." With a smile anda playful roll of the eyes she left the house and started her way to the club.

Not too long afterwards she pulled up to Club Replay and quickly made her way to the entrance. She had made it just a few minutes before the party started and already there was a line. At 10 exactly the line began to move and quicker than expected she was in front of Frankenstein's monster.
"ID?" He seemed to struggle to get the word out properly, she assumed it was him staying in character. She reached down and grabbed her ID from the wallet, then handed it to him. After examining it the monster handed it back, grabbed her hand, and stamped it with the club's symbol.
"En-joy" He grunted, the zombies slowly motioning for her to pass, and she did. She jumped multiple times walking through the hallway, laughing each time. When she made it to the door she was hesitant to grab the bug covered doorknob, but with a gulp she reached out and twisted it. As it opened a spider dropped causing her to jump back. She pushed past it and entered the actual club. Already it was so filled with life as rock bounced from wall to wall. With a grin the bear walked to the bar and ordered a diet coke with a shot of vodka to start the night off.

As she worked on her first drink she just sat at the bar, sipping as she watched. She ordered one more and continued, someone dancing his heart out in front of the stage caught her eye causing her to chuckle with amusement. Much to her disappointment the alcohol didn't touch her, she didn't even feel buzzed. Soon after she finished the second drink the lights went off completely, leaving her, along with the light at the bar, the only source of light in the entire building. She blushed with a large grin as she got up and carefully began towards the stage. Before she made it, thankfully more lights flickered on. As the performance began she was in the space in front of the stage. The music pulsed through her body, each beat was like a heartbeat and soon she could help but to jump to the sound, pumping her fist in the air to the tempo. While she couldn't dance to save her life, jumping was something she could manage. When the music softened she stopped and began to sway with the new song. The vocals were enchanting, she was captivated by how well the lights danced with the singer.

When the performance finished she let out a deep breath. Her body still tingled with the vibrations from the show. It had been so long since she actually felt her age, she'd forgotten what that was like. Her career, her responsibilities, even her family, she had let it all go for the night. Tonight she wasn't a doctor, or a mother, she wasn't a counselor, or a role model; tonight she was a 25 year old young adult having the time of her life![/hr]

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.