The world of Norindul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@FireFly69

"Oh tragic isn't it."

A calm smooth voice was as a cold chill against Red's spine, and when the he turned he met a pair of deep set orange colored eyes hosted by a tall messy looking sort of boy. There was a certain air about the boy that would have told most to avoid the bastard like the plague but it was alluring all the same like a pheromone released by a Venus fly trap. His look filled with amusement as he stood standard and went dead silent as Sean and Victoria passed just around the corner, waiting until they were far out of ear shot before continuing.

"Red is it, That is the name you go by here at least, but oh how the heart must burn for you to witness such betrayal." He was taunting Red now, daring him to get angry or make a move. if nothing else the boy knew well that it would provide him his amusement for the day. "I mean you no slight of course, but to see you just walking away ... well it is just a little more than surprising you see, that isn't the 'Red' that I know." Again the boy grinned." However shall we cut the cryptics ever so slightly and let us be as formal as liars and lost ones might be.

I am Gamble just as you are Red, fair?"

Jez silenced the piano with a hand splayed over the keys, the madame looked up at her in shock then stopped her playing altogether. Turning in her seat she folded her hands, allowing Jez the floor, Jez turned to the class and clapped her hands sharply twice. The sound echoed around the room and drew the dancers from whatever thoughts they were in and silenced the tittering and the whispered conversations. "We're changing the lesson, everyone stand in a semi circle." She gestured to the room and watched as the students stumbled about to get into a rough curved line, with a slight shake of her head she moved between them and spread them out in more of an organised manner. "Dance is personal to everyone, I can not see where your faults or your victories lie in such a chaotic mess. So I am going to play some music and one at a time ,starting from the left you will come to the centre and you will dance for me, I only want thirty seconds to a minute in whatever style best suits you. There was a murmur which was silenced quickly by the clap of her hands. "We'll go from the left to the right."

She placed her phone back into the player and clicked through her music selection until she got to one particular playlist, hitting play she shifted to the center of the room and sat herself down with her legs crossed in front of her .As the violin kicked into life she gestured to the first confused looking student. Who stood agape a moment before shaking herself free of her thoughts and skipping into the middle. Her style was obviously more break dancing or some modern fusion that was 'too uncouth' for Jez to ever be allowed to learn but she liked it and liked the way the girl moved, much more relaxed now, much more confident. Her footwork was weak, well, her ankles and her posture was all wrong for ballet which was likely why the girl had struggled in class.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
~Aria D'Adreci~
@Wolfsin @Azzy

Aria waved softly at Rix's patient, a small grin on her face. She did hope that the session helped him, especially since she herself was left with some residing anger at a person, a criminal, she had never even met or heard of. Sighing softly once he was gone, the brunette gathered herself to her feet and pulled her stuff to her. After this session, Aria wanted to go grab some books from the university library. Shoving her phone into her pocket, a big grin came to her lips as she turned to look over at Rix. "Your schedule is free for the day so I'm going to do some study back at the university. Thanks for today!~" She cooed, heading over to the door herself as she slipped out.

Once out, aria closed her notepad and let it fall into the depths of her bag, her earphones replacing it in her grip. Adjusting them in her hands, she brought the buds up to her ears before connecting them to her phone which was replaced in her pocket once she had turned her music on. Soon enough, Aria was heading down the path outside the clinical building, heading back to her university. The only thing she could hear was the turned up tune in her ears, barely noting the fact she was humming along, grin on her face.

Fifteen minutes or so later, Aria had her phone out as her music blasted in her ear, fingers tapping rapidly upon the bright screen, a glow reflecting in grey depths. Her lips moved in time with the lyrics, mimicking the words along with the song. Her steps were far lighter to a point that it seemed as if the girl would break out into a dance then and there. She loved music and dance, though the latter was never something she decided to pursue as a career, it was deep love but not something Aria saw herself doing any more than when it suited her.

Reaching the university, Aria had settled considerably, her phone still out and in her hand but now she was silent herself, the lightness behind her steps gone as she trudged over to the steps in her trip to the library. A small grin had found itself a place on her lips as one of her favourite songpopped to life from her phone, her eyes widening with unspoken glee as in the silence of the hall, Aria practically spun before moving onto her next step. Silently, she was hoping that someone good would throw a party already, Aria already felt tensed and it was moments like them that released that.

However, as Aria approached the library she was paused by a few voices that appeared closer to the door, the familiarity no matter how slight it was, making her pause. Swiftly, blue nails had pressed against the buds in her ears for a second before one was pulled out, letting it fall against her chest with the song echoing from the small piece, though not enough to disturb anyone. Peering just into the door, Aria noticed two others primarily. It took a second for her react but soon enough, Aria was grinning. Victoria and Sean. She did not know the duo well other than some instances, Aria pretty much was the same to everyone, friend or not.

Strangely, her grin itself had shifted from her usual one, this time it practically screamed mischief as she took the assumption he had yet to be seen. The pad of her forefinger settled over the ear bud as she crept over, only to tap the shoulder of Sean who was nearest. "Boo~" It was childish but that was a part of Aria herself. Taking a small step back after her actions, Aria held her mischievous smirk and gave the both of them a small wave, releasing the bud from her grip now. "Sean, Victoria, how are you two?"

• Love
@HellHoundWoof

Eva listened to what he said. She felt relaxed when Alexander mentioned he thought of her as a friend. He is her friend in every way she thought. Eva smiled and followed him when he pointed to a couple of open seats. She sat down her bag and pulled out her seat. Her nag contained the things she might need. One or two binders, a notebook, a pencil case with cats on it, and a planner.

Eva glanced at Alexander. He looked like could play a sport but maybe he had other interests; or perhaps he had his list of things to do... The brown haired girl got lost in her thoughts again when she thought of a question.

Eva thought to ask the tall guy beside her but she didn't want to bother him. Instead, she took out her binder, her cat pencil case and planner, put it neatly in front of her and waited for either class to start or Alexander to ask her a question.

• Love
Red turned around making his red hair flood his vision of the man that had spoken to him, Red did not recognize this voice right away and when his hair finally slipped back to its natural setting Red saw deep orange eyes staring straight into him. The feeling was very uncomfortable because Red had no recollection of meeting this boy but at the same time he had an unnerving feeling he had, and with a confused look on his face Red stood there and listened until the boy was finished.

"That is the name you go by here" and "That isn't the Red i know" Hearing those two phrases perked his interest a little but he knew the man was taunting him trying to get something out of Red. "Who are you to assume that you know anything about me, you talk as though you know me". Red grinned taunting the boy back to see if his pride would get in the way. "If you sound like you know me then by all means tell me what i don't know about myself". Red stood there with a sarcastic grin on his face, he didn't care if he looked cocky and what not but he was curious to see what the man supposedly knew.

@FireFly69

Gamble burst into a fit of laughter at Red's retort hunching over. The joke of course was not nearly as funny as the boy made it seem but this was Gamble's way of mockery. "Ahh to tell you what you do not know of yourself Red it would take more time than either of us are all too willing to spend." Gamble cast a sly grin in Red's direction and then unfurled his hand to reveal a very intricate looking coin. The coin was a shimmering copper material, for Red who knew a great deal of metal, the coin was not too alike to anything he'd come across it was obviously special. "I call this little trinket the fools copper. Of course its name isn't too fitting but alas, when naming pets things like Henry and Oliver do we consider such trivial concepts?" Gamble was speaking riddles now and by the apprehensive stare he received he could tell Red was growing bored of it at best. There was no more reason to wait.

"Now, as for what im doing here. Aside from mocking what you have become, I am also here to offer you a game of chance. Oh but not so simple as one might expect, do not be fooled! HA get it!? Fooled, by the Fool's Copper?" Again Gamble was hunched over laughing like a mad man. "ohoho.. well nevermind all this jovial fun, its simple in its own way. For you to take this chance you offer a roll of fortune on another day where chance is needed. Who knows, if you gamble with my coin you might lose your life one day for it." Gamble's grin had grown much more menacingly mischievous. "On the other hand, it could save your life... or... better yet someone.. you.. LOVE'S life. WHO is to say after all."

Gamble toyed with the coin in his hand watching, waiting for Red to decide on his move. The chips were on his plate now.

Or were they?

Rix Alvar > Vidar Alvar, Cynbel Alvar​

"Goodbye, David. See you then." The psychologist smiled at the man as he exited the room. Not long after, Aria was shuffling towards the door as well.
"No problem, dear, and thanks for the help." Rix replied as the student left. After a brief pause the woman let out an exhausted sigh and slouched forward, resting her head in her hands. Today was only a short day but she had already heard so many stories that pulled and poked at her own emotions. Just earlier she had to deal with a little boy every week who told stories of physical and mental abuse by his parents, they were horrible and could get pretty gruesome, however she had long since evaluated him as a compulsive liar.

David's experiences always had a great impact on her; especially this last one. She could connect to the man, as her grandfather was in the same position as him when it came to mental health. She remembered the last time he came back from war before staying home because of her; she could see how tortured he was. Rix was very close to her grandfather, he practically raised her after her parents were killed. She could never forget how skittish he acted the first few years with her. After those few years though, he was able to hide his fear a little better, for the sake of the younger Rix, but as she grew older she began recognizing his triggers.

After another stress-filled sigh she dragged her hands down her face then pushed out of the seat. She walked over to her desk and placed the papers from the clipboard in a filing cabinet before locking it. Making sure to look like her normal "stress free" self, she made her way out of the room and locked the door behind her before starting down the hall. As she passed other clients and doctors she greeted them with nods and smiles until she was out of the building and into her car.

As she drove, she mentally went through all the stuff she had to do today, luckily they were fun stuff and didn't relate to work. Today was a celebration of sorts for the three of them. Every year they would each choose a few little things they've been wanting to do then on this day, after saving up during the year, they would go out and do those things. For her and her grandfather it was things that they knew the little Vidar would enjoy. It wasn't anything huge like vacation in another country or anything like that, just a few local things that was out of their routine.

Sooner than she expected, she was pulling into the parking lot of the private elementary school. The woman stepped out of the car with her purse and quickly strolled to the front office.
"Hello, I'm here to pick up Vidar Alvar." She spoke elegantly as she handed the woman her ID.
"Please sign here and wait one moment." The woman at the desk said as she picked up the phone after checking the card. Rix signed her signature on the form then pushed it forward slightly and stepped out into the hall. She could hear the woman speak quietly, though her attention rested on the painted walls that decorated the hallways. A smile pulled at her lips as she saw the little finger paintings and tiny hand prints along the surface. It seemed to fill her chest with happiness as her gaze brushed each painting.

"Ma'am." The woman called from the office, causing Rix to sweep back towards the counter. "Your son is on his way, he will be here in just a second."
"Thank you." She said and returned to the hallway. After a moment she could hear rapid footsteps quickly getting louder. She turned towards the sound the moment they turned the corner exposing the little boy causing all of the racket. Vidar was running as fast as he could with the biggest smile on his face. Rix couldn't help but to giggle at the red head as he struggled to get his backpack on right as he ran. When he got closet she bent down a little and held her arms open letting her catch him as he jumped into her embrace.
"Hey there, sweetie. Are you ready to have the most fun day in the entire world this year?!" She said with glee and excitement. She gave him one last squeeze before putting him down. Though he wanted to stay high in the air in his mother's arms he instead decided to take her hand and start dragging her towards the door.
"Yeah! Can we go to my place first? Pleeeeaaaase?" He begged, his big blue eyes wide with plea as he walked backwards just to give her that look. He had recently found out that there was a place on the edge of town where people could go rock climbing, he always liked heights, and the excitement of risk seemed to pique his interest, which worried her, however since there were several safeguards in place she caved in.
"Aren't you hungry? I figured we'd go to my place to eat. Doesn't Chinese sound absolutely delicious right now?" She cooed, knowing full well that he couldn't resist his favorite restaurant.
"Yeaaah!!!" He cheered as his excitement turned into determination, causing him to turn forward and pull her harder. She laughed and walked faster to please him.

Soon enough they we in the car and on their way to the restaurant.
"Where's grandad?" He asked from the back seat.
"He should be already there. He was going to save us a table. Did you manage to learn something in those few hours of school?" Rix playfully asked.
"Nope, my teacher doesn't know what he's talking about." He huffed, causing Rix to burst out laughing.
"Yeah they usually don't. Oh well, that just means you're not missing anything for the rest of the day." She replied as she pulled into the restaurant's parking lot. The both stepped out and walked inside to immediately be greeted by a waiter. The place was extravagant, with golds and reds decorating and dancing around the entire room. Upbeat Chinese music filled the air, which was always seemingly able to lift anyone's spirits. She looked down at Vidar to see that same amazed look he got every time they went there. His wide smile seemed to be glued in place as it never left his face since they left the school. She was always happy to see that smile.

"Two?" The server inquired with his strong Asian accent. Rix shook her head in response and was about to correct him, however Vidar jumped in, caught up in his excitement.
"There's grandad!" He called as he tried to run with his mother in tow.
"Hold on a sec there." She giggled as she pulled him back. "Three. We're meeting with him." She pointed with her free hand towards the older man with light brownish red short hair and facial hair on his chin.
"Right this way ma'am." He said as he led them to the table where her grandfather stood up. Rix leaned in to give him a hug and when she pulled away he was immediately tacked by the little boy.
"Whoa! Someone seems super excited today!" He his raspy voice said with a laugh.
"Can I get you anything to drink?" The waiter asked.
"We'll all have hot tea, with a glass of ice please." Rix replied under her loud family. The waiter nodded and left.
"I'm surprised, you actually shaved without me telling you to." Rix quizzaciously said as she led the two of them to the buffet. "Vi-dear, get whatever you want, but remember we're going rock climbing after this so don't over stuff yourself." She instructed as she handed him a plate.
"Yep, today's a special day after all, I had to look nice for my grandson."
"Is your thing all set up?"
"Yep, and I do believe I have outdone myself."
"Perfect."
"Mooooooooooom, I want this!" Vidar called from one of the buffet tables. With a giggle she walked towards him.
"Okay okay, here you go." She said as she plopped an eggroll on his plate and then on her own. The same happened to all of the other stuff he wanted and soon with a full plate he cheerfully marched back to the table with Rix and his grandad.

It turned out that Rix's smile was just as permanent as her son's.

Last edited:
David left the office of Rix like he did every week and headed back to his vehicle, once inside he just sat listening as the dispatcher went through various calls, though one could not really call him listening he had zoned out staring into the street ahead of him. The sounds around him had faded and all was silent, all except his own voice as it rang out in the distance calling for back-up. He must have said it three or four times, told the man to put the gun down told his partner to stand down then gunshots and blood was all that followed the scene before him. He shook his head clearing the scene before his head in just enough time to hear dispatcher speak about a robbery in progress at the Shell around the corner. He picked up the radio just as his foot slammed on the gas and the sirens rang out.

"This is officer David responding, over"

"Be careful David there are two men both considered to be armed and dangerous, Officer Carl and Lucy are on their way as well. Over."

David shifted the car into the parking lot of the shell where three other police cars were now parked all the officers on the sides of their cars with their guns pointed at the door. David hadn't even exited his vehicle before Lucy moved her way to his car, she was always so quick to report the situation one of her perks. Of course she wasn't half-bad looking either, dark black locks of hair and blue eyes that seemed to have a knack for changing color based on her mood. She didn't stand but roughly five foot and a few inches and she rounded out quite well, but David wasn't here to admire her features. She waited for him to step out of his vehicle before she started speaking, laying a folder out on top of his car as she started.

"Our robbers are John and James Stephenson, brothers in and out of jail for various reasons all ranging mostly from simple shoplifting to breaking into peoples homes while they were away and stealing valuables. They are dangerous only because they have hostages and two guns that we know of inside the gas station. We are currently setting up positions across the city to see if we can get any sight inside the building we have received orders to not move until the captain gets here."

"Wait, Wait! WE can't make any action till the captain gets here?! What about the hostages?! They could kill them?!"

"These two have never killed anybody a day in their life they aren't about to start now, I think we have time to wait. Until then we need to block off the streets to keep the media from getting to close and one of them getting hurt."

David sighed lightly and grabbed the police tape from the trunk of his car and began helping Officer Car set up a perimeter around the building, but as each piece of tape was wrapped around the building David could only think one thing...how long would they remain silent inside? How long before they had to barge in there to save the hostages and a shoot out ensue? Could he shoot one of them? David really didn't know at this point he really didn't.

Jez had watched all the dancers and after they were done had indicated to the Madame to join her back at the piano. As she stood she brushed a lock of hair from her face and stretched ever so slightly until a faint pop was heard. Removing her music player she turned off her own tunes and looked to the Madame, "You have some good students but they need to work more on their posture and their leg strength. Most of them are failing around the ankles, calves and thighs. I'll get home and send you a full write up later." The Madame looked nervous and Jez offered a soft, warm smile, "Relax, you taught me remember?" The woman nodded and turned to the students, getting them to go through some cool down exercises as the class drew to an end.

Jez grabbed her leathers and slipped easily back into them, tucking the helmet under her arm and slipping out the room with a brief wave. she wanted to leave before the bell rang, it would be better that way. Crossing students in the hall, drawing people's attention, being in such a confined space with so many people, it wasn't a comfortable thought. The one good thing about the private school was most of the students were a little snooty, so while they may have been fans of her mother they'd hardly bother her at all, it left her a lot of alone time, except at recital times.

The corridors of the school were somewhat quiet, almost eerie and she felt the desire to linger there a little, to absorb more of the old school's ambience, the smell, the feel that permeated the air. Her phone rang and startled her from her thoughts, with a sigh she reached for it and sighed at who it was.
"Mère?"
"Fille de, comment est-il allé?"
"Je ne pense pas que vous teniez? Assez bien, mais ils auront besoin de plus de pratique."
"Oh Jessica." Her mother's voice was as soft as honey, smooth, warm, tender but there was an edge to it that hinted at slight displeasure. "I have told you dancing can not be taught...Of course I care, the madame was the woman who taught you wrong in the first place, I knew I should have sent you to my tutor."
"She died when I was three Mama."
"Yes well...even still, I am glad you did this for me." There was a sound of a bell in the background, "Sorry, I have to go, rehearsal starts in five. Wish me luck."
"Good luck Mama."

The line went dead a second later and the phone was slipped in her pocket with a shake of her head. The sun streamed over her as if bathing her in cleansing warmth as she stepped out of the school and into the court yard. It felt wonderful and for a moment she lifted her free hand to the sun, canting her head ever so slightly to one side as she attempted to 'grasp' the sphere. A stupid childish game, she'd forgotten who had taught her it and when but it was a good memory regardless. With a small sigh she fished her gloves from her helmet, slipping each one on as she made her way towards where she'd parked the bike. Humming lightly to herself as she slipped her helmet on and tucked the hair up and fastened her helmet. She had a few days off to finish her 'assessment' for her mother but now that the majority was done she was free to enjoy her time. Her mother was dancing again so no doubt she'd barely be home and her father had said about some conference call to Japan he had, which meant she wouldn't have to deal with her parents. A mixed blessing.

Wheeling the bike out of the sheds she started for the gates of the school, walking it out to the pavement so as not to disturb the lessons still going on, though not for long if she remembered the time table right.

• Love
David sighed as each second dragged on, hours had seemed to pass when it was only mere minutes. Soon however their captain finally made his appearance known, David actually did not like this man because their ideals had clashed on so many occasions. The captain was a man that would barge in there and shoot first and ask questions later he cared about nothing else than his fat face looking good for the camera and today was no different. He didn't address his men, he didn't tell them the plan no instead he turned towards the cameras and began speaking with them his words were distant and David didn't care any to listen to what he had to say to the media, time was ticking away. David turned to Lucy and Carl with a slight tone of authority to his voice he spoke.

"Come on we are going in, the captain just arrived and with no orders our time is ticking away, I will be going through the front I want you two to circle around and come from the back. We could corner them and end this quickly with no bullets flying, lets go."

David didn't give either one of them time to argue before he walked slowly towards the door, the other two having no option but to follow the plan. David waited until he heard the sound of footsteps fade into the building before he pulled open the front doors and barged in pointing his gun at the two men that looked scared for their lives. They both dropped their weapons and immediately rose their hands to the air looking as if they would surrender with no problems. David slowly approached them keeping his weapon raised but still reaching for the handcuffs that rested around his waist. First he cuffed the little brother and forced him to the ground but when he went to cuff James the older brother he drew another gun and shot in Davids direction striking him square in the shoulder.

David fell to the ground clutching his shoulder as James took off towards the back, gunshots were heard in the back then indistinct shouting soon however James came back into sight holding Lucy with a gun to her head. He turned towards David and Carl and pointed back and forth before looking towards the hostages. "See the three heroes here, they just sealed all of your fates, I have to kill all of you to make a point including your heroes and I will start first with the woman here." David was conflicted normally he couldn't hurt another human being and yet here he was the only one. He rolled over on the ground gritting his teeth in pain at the wound on his shoulder before he grabbed his own gun from the ground and turned around and shot James in the forehead.

David sat up and looked there upon one dead brother and the one still handcuffed to ground, around him all the sounds stopped and he was taken back to that dreadful day in the war. The day before he came home...

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin and Sinopa
As Rix had suspected, the three of them were leaned back in their chairs completely stuffed with Chinese food, forcing the woman to regret the decision to eat there, of all places, first.
"Mom, can… we go rock climbing… now?" The overfed boy asked tiredly. He barely lifted his head to look at his mother, though she was too busy looking at the ceiling.
"You silly boy, you can't talk without getting tired, can you even move?" She teased with a chuckle as she sat up.
"I think… I ate a dog." The grandfather said in the most serious and exhausted tone he could make.
"What!" Vidar's head shot up as he turned to the man. "There was dog in this food?!"
"Yep."
"Noooooo! Are you telling me I ate a doggy?"
"Grandpa. Don't scare him like that." Rix grinned, feeling sorry for her son. "Don't worry, they don't cook dogs."
"Here." Cynbel muttered with a laugh, followed by a sudden thump under the table and a quick cry of pain. He glared at Rix only to receive a smile that said 'don't you say another word' in return.

The three of them stayed there for a little more than an hour, restoring their energy and letting their food digest. They joked around and chatted during that time so the hour passed quickly and in no time they were on the road once more heading towards their second destination with Vidar in the back seat practically jumping with excitement. However, up ahead the road was blocked and sirens blared in the distance.
"What's that?" The boy asked from behind them.
"I don't know, we're going to have to turn around though and go another way.
"Awwww."
"Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet. Don't worry, we'll get there." Cynbel said calmly, quoting Rix's favorite quote as he always did raising her. She turned the car around and started down the other path.
"I'm curious. I'm sure whatever happened there will be on the news, I'll be sure to check it out later."

Within about 30 minutes there were at the rock climbing gym, Vidar was at the entrance looking up at the monster of an obstacle with pure glee in his eyes. For a moment he was stunned with excitement, unable to even more forward out of the doorway, but soon enough he was jumping up and down around Rix begging for them to hurry up. Rix laughed as she paid the man at the desk who then led them to the beginning. He began strapping them in the harness as he relayed safety precautions, instructions, and warnings, and as she watched Vidar get buckled in, she knew that she wasn't going to leave his side the moment they were ready to climb. Rix looked over at Cynbel, who returned a reassuring smile.

The moment he was released, Vidar took off and started climbing. Rix and Cynbel scrambled behind him as the climbed to catch up on either side of him. The obstacle was around 70 feet tall, a few times at about 20 feet, Rix's feet slipped causing her to fall off the steps, though much to her relief the harness kept her in place, which calmed her uneasiness a little knowing that if the ropes could keep her up then no doubt they could hold Vidar. After that she could actually have fun. Every once in a while she'd look down to see how small everyone below had become, and soon they were on the top. The top of the building was made of glass, allowing them to look at the entire city. Rix was in awe. The view was incredible, she could see people scrambling around like ants on the group, the busy cars on the crowded roads, the many birds flying above the many buildings, it was all amazing. Vidar seemed to be as mesmerized as Rix, while his joy filled eyes scanned the city.

They stayed up there for the longest time, it wasn't until they were called down by one of the employees that they finally began their descend. Rix particularly enjoyed that part. With a leather glove grasping the rope, she jumped down as far as she could until her feet plummeted into the wall. The others followed behind, though they had trouble catching up at the rate Rix was going.
"Be careful Rix!" Cynbel called with worry, though it fell on deaf ears as she laughed, the breeze of her drop interrupting any noise that would reach her. She looked down as she watched the group quickly get closer and closer until finally her feet planted themselves onto the ground.
"Whooooo!!!" She cheered loudly with a giggle before the man removed the harness. When the other two finally joined her she helped unstrap Vidar, then they were out the door.

"That was fun." Rix added as they stepped back into the car.
"Mhm! Where are we going now?" Vidar asked.
"We're going to do grandpa's choice now."
"Where's that?"
"It's a surprise." Cynbel replied as they drove towards their last stop.

• Love
@HellHoundWoof

Eva listened to what he said. She felt relaxed when Alexander mentioned he thought of her as a friend. He is her friend in every way she thought. Eva smiled and followed him when he pointed to a couple of open seats. She sat down her bag and pulled out her seat. Her nag contained the things she might need. One or two binders, a notebook, a pencil case with cats on it, and a planner.

Eva glanced at Alexander. He looked like could play a sport but maybe he had other interests; or perhaps he had his list of things to do... The brown haired girl got lost in her thoughts again when she thought of a question.

Eva thought to ask the tall guy beside her but she didn't want to bother him. Instead, she took out her binder, her cat pencil case and planner, put it neatly in front of her and waited for either class to start or Alexander to ask her a question.
Alexander watched as Eva sat next to him and pulled out her pencil bag and began writing things down. Alexander set his head on his hand and watched the professor move around and speak. But Alexander wasnt listening, he simply followed the man around with his eyes then eventually his eyes began to sag. After some time his head began to slide off his head and it would dip before he picked it up and repositioned himself again. After some time repeating the same cycle he let his head fall into the desk and a thud resounded before he popped up again.

"Shit," He said somewhat startled. He looked around for a moment before laying back in his chair and crossing his arms trying to stay awake. His chin sagged and he fell into a rather deep sleep. He snored loud enough for someone a few rows forward to hear, they turned around and snapped a picture of the giant sleeping in such a small seat.

Me playing both Sean and Victoria~

Victoria's eyes widened when Sean called her out on her dance, and a curse left her lips as she became scatterbrained in a single second. Tori hustled to tear together all of her material and pack it into a bag sitting to her side. For Sean it was more than amusing. He simply shook his head and urged her to come along. "God you are such a spaz, if we hurry we wont miss your class, so... er how fast can you run?" Tori cast him a quick glare before acknowledging her lack there of in physical body. She wouldn't make it outside of the school before she had a heart attack if she tried that. "We don't need to run just stop talking my ear off and we can focus on getting there!" Victoria playfully snapped, and the two shared a laugh.

On the way it was like a war zone, people in the way, either making out or talking in large groups. The two of them might have been considered ninja's the way they competed to get around the clusters, and in some of the ways they did it; it might have been art in a more refined and open minded culture. It didn't take them too long to get outside of the school, but before they could think to catch their breaths, Sean was put on high alert.

A force crept towards him and before he could think to react, he reacted. His hand grasped around a gentle wrist and pulled it along, fully ready to flip the intruder on their back, and stomp them out. His eye were glazed over, a sense of full self protection come over him, but out of the corner of his eye he noticed who had come to him and twisted just in time to wrap arms around her and keep her from falling. The echo of the girl's exasperate boo crept into his ear and Sean let out a tough sigh; however ultimately directed his attention back to the playful girl he knew as Aria. "Its a good way to get hurt ya know?" Sean offered her grumpily before standing upright and looking to Victora who seemed extremely surprised by what she'd only just seen from him. Sean ignored her reaction.

"Ahh Aria, we are doing alright, miss bookworm over here was stuck reading werewolf hentai, and ..."

A crack resounded as Victora swat Sean in the back of the head and he was left to rub his white crown. Victoria cutting in. "It was actually an incredibly good Werewolf Novela that encompassed the idea of forbidden love, and was not near as vulgar as this hooligan want's to make it sound." She sounded uppity at the very least but the childish grin she cast back at Sean said otherwise. "Ahh whatever, hentai, romance novel... it all starts the same way." Sean teased with his tongue out. "How about you Aria, what are you up to, other than nearly getting flipped and trying to scare folks?"

Victoria was growing antsy glancing at her phone as she looked in the direction of the dance studio. Sean noticed and started walking that way. It was a reminder of just what he was about to miss if they didn't get a freakin move on. "Walk and talk scary lady, walk and talk." Sean ushered her to follow them with his hand before they started again down the road.

Aria D'adreci

Aria had been spooked, she would admit that in the least, when she felt a hand grasp at her wrist and the sudden tug. For a second she held breath in a natural reaction, only to sigh in relief when it was obvious sean had stopped from flipping her. Despite his arms, Aria just pulled back slightly before chuckling, poking her tongue out for a second. "Well I doubt you would hurt me, plus~" She paused in her sentence, a large grin on her lips. "It was far to tempting to try scare you, Sean." Aria admitted smoothly, simply waving off the whole fiasco.

Once she stood properly, Aria brushed off her outfit as she reached into her pocket to turn off her music, leaving the buds around her neck to fall silent. Her attention was drawn to the smack she heard, something that left her giggling like mad. The two were amusing. "Werewolf hentai...Never expected that, Victoria..." She cooed, still slightly in her fit off giggles. Once she had calmed down, the brunette just smiled brightly, waving her hand slightly at the wrist. "The book sounds interesting, Victoria." She replied, mild interest calming the mischievous student.

Hearing a question directed to her, Aria was about to reply but was silenced when Sean continued, leaving her only to nod as she weaved through the new gust of people and to the side of the other two. "Well!~" She trailed off, bringing a finger to tap on her lip gently. "I just got back from my internship work and basically, I am bored." She admitted, shrugging her shoulders. "Scaring people is just an amusing past time, plus with Halloween approaching it was necessary. "I was going to get some books to study but I have enough for now." While she would study, Aria would be easily distracted, not that it had any impact on her grades.

As she was walking with the two, Aria tilted her head softly, confusion bearing a presence upon her face. "So, what are the both of you up to?" She questioned, shoving her hand into her pockets. Aria seemed unfazed by the nickname 'Scary lady' even going as far to grin at it.​

Jo watched as her favorite library hermit left with the school's troublemaker. She had seen Victoria almost every day since she began working at the school's library, and enjoyed her brief interactions with her. Today she had been so engrossed in her novel that Jo had only given a cordial nod in her direction. She sighed, wishing that her work study position involved more reading and less watching other people read, but Jo needed the extra money. Her parents, despite having enormously deep pockets, didn't like her being so far from her Alabama home. They had nearly disowned her for going to a liberal arts school, and they certainly weren't going to pay for it. Jo had ruined their good family image, or at least that is what her father says. She couldn't care less about the family image, because it was only an image. Her family hadn't acted like one in years.

Jo shook her head to keep from thoughts of her hometown. She was on desk duty today and couldn't be mean-mugging the other students. Jo forced herself to focus on the computer science homework she had been assigned weeks ago. She was far ahead in her English courses, having read most of the material for the semester already, but couldn't bring herself to work on this. She hated the class, the professor, and most importantly the D she was carrying in the course. The idea of core requirements made her livid. She had to be a well-rounded student in high school and was promised by everyone that college would different. She expected to come and study only the things that interested her, not stupid things she would never again use in her lifetime. Jo hated computers, the only function they served was a way to write and buy books online. Jo didn't even have a Facebook to mess around on. She enjoyed the real world, or at least the tangible world. Countless times, Jo had been lost in a fantasy land but she was always tangibly attached to reality through the pages she physically turned. So Jo was completely lost when it came to coding.

She never really payed attention in class, so she wasn't even really sure what she was supposed to be doing. Blackboard had the guideline for the assignment but most of the words held no meaning to the English major. So, she tried to muddle through and each attempt ended up a chaotic mess of numbers and symbols. Jo tried relentlessly to make it work correctly but to no avail. She smashed her fingers against the keyboard in frustration, and got some strange looks from the students around her. She bowed her head apologetically and laid her forehead on the desk.

"I need a tutor," She mumbled under her breath.

Red stood there looking at the orange eyed boy contemplating what should be done. "This man is a fool" Red thought to himself. "He has completely changed the subject at hand and still sounds like he knows me.... But on the other hand if this chance is real then it's fifty fifty".

Red nodded his head towards the boy, "Even if this is fake its always fun to have a game every now and then, plus right now i've nothing to lose." Red nodded towards the coin drawing attention towards it. "But if i play your game i'd like you later down the road to tell me a little about what you know about me, whether i win or lose i'm still playing your game to amuse you so i'd like you to amuse me too.

• Love
@FireFly69

Gamble mused for a moment grinning wickedly as he listened to Red's request. "Ahh might I just provide that you will one day understand the meaning behind everything dear Red. It may not be I who unveils these truths but all will be known, thus is the fate you linger upon." Gamble didn't hesitate after that tossing the coin into the air and nodding for Red to make his call.

"Heads"

A second later and Gamble snatched the coin from the air with a pin point accuracy and landed it tails side up on the back of his hand for Red to see. Gamble cast Red a simple little grin and turned away then. "Too bad. I will only leave you this little bit of torture as punishment for your loss Red."

The strange boy started down the hall and as he walked he only spelled out a name with each syllable being pronunciated beyond what was necessary.

"A..z..mer...yth.."

Gamble pocketed the coin then and turned a corner vanishing from sigh completely. Leaving Red with a memory he didn't want to have. One that he would not yet understand at all.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Holding his head after the broken memory subsided Red looked around for the boy but couldn't find him. "What the fuck was that?" Red stood there confused and dazzed unsure of what to do or think... "what's going to happen here next?"

Jez pulled the bike to a stop outside the gates of the school, there she paused a moment, looking at the old building. She couldn't help but reflect on it, how small and dreary it looked in comparison to the modern and airy school she'd been sent to. Even the windows seemed to sag like tired eyes in their window sills and yet there was a quaint, almost homely feel to the place. Her new school compared to this was...clinical. Shaking her head she chuckled to herself, how very nostalgic. Carefully slipping onto the edge of the road she slipped onto the bike and started the engine. It was too early to head back to her parents house, the less time spent there the better for her, especially since her father wouldn't be back until the evening. There was though a little local coffee shop -unless they'd gotten rid of it- that she used to hang out at with her friends, the cake there was good and the family that ran it were friendly enough.

The bike roared into life and with the release of the brakes she was off down the street, the streets were quiet considering the time of day. The odd employee or shopper but otherwise quiet and calm. The coffee shop was only five minutes -on the bike- down the road so it wasn't long before she'd bought it to a stop and turned off the engine again. She parked it somewhere out the way but where she could see it from the cafe and retrieved the heavy chain and padlock. It was secured quickly and she removed her helmet and gloves before heading for the door.

A quaint copper bell chimed above her as the door swung easily open and the familiar smell of cooked foods and cakes greeted her. Quickly met by a portly woman's large smile from over the counter, "Kyría, it is good to see you again."
"You too, can I have a lady grey tea and a slice of your pecan pie please?"
"Of course kyria. I'll bring it to you in a moment." Money exchanged hands, probably less than there ought to have been but Jez decided to offer a sweet smile and take her seat by the window of the cafe. Soon enough the son rushed over with a bottle of pink liquid and a cloth to spritz the already clean table and wipe it down. They exchanged brief conversation with politeness before he hurried off to help with the cafe. It wasn't busy but many construction workers, delivery drivers and other workers would pop in for a sandwich, full fried breakfast, jacket potato or other well cooked food.

Jez watched the world outside the window quietly and not more than five minutes had passed and the tea arrived, piping hot, one sugar no milk just as she liked it. A small, clean plate with a good sized slice of sweet smelling pie upon it, a silver cake fork provided in a clean white napkin and another brief conversation concluded with the same niceties before Jez was left alone with her thoughts and her snacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
@Alyssa Carlene
"….and therefore, upon review of your work thus far, we have decided to pursue other venues for this project. Thank you for your effort, and we wish you the best in future endeavors."

Bakavasa, thought Jaya to herself, leaning back against the library bookshelf in frustration. She sat cross-legged on the floor, email open on her screen. The company had ¾ of the algorithms they'd ordered, and now that they thought they could figure out the rest, were trying to weasel their way out of the final payment. Well, we'll just see about that you cheapskates. She began composing the innocuous but virus-laden reply message that would trigger the hidden subroutines she'd written into her programs, making them completely ineffective without a counter hack. Good luck finding someone as good as me assholes, She finished with a satisfied click of her enter key.

"Uhm, Miss Patnaik?" Jaya started, she'd forgotten she had a student. He was sitting awkwardly in his chair, looking down at her confusedly. "I uh, got another error and uh,"

"Runtime error," she responded quickly, clicking on the background window she'd been ignoring while he did his exercise. She'd easily hacked the other laptop and was forcing a screen share, enabling her to keep an eye on his work without subjecting herself to the uncomfortably cheap chairs. So much more convenient than hovering at one's shoulder. "You've got an array that's shorter than your for statement is running, and the compiler didn't catch it. Line 57. For the 101 class, just slap a if return statement in there to activate if it's not a square 2d array."

The other student squinted at his code, blinked twice, and smiled when he found the bug. "Cool thanks. I think I'm good?"

"Yeah, you've gotten started. Try and break your code a few times before handing it in, and text me if you need another session," Jaya smiled briefly at him before returning her attention to the new email she'd just received. Her virus also hacked the recipient's email and sent her a status report every step of the way. She'd just gotten the "I'm in" meme reply, indicating successful infiltration. She smiled much more broadly about that.

The other student left, knowing enough about his tutor that he knew he wouldn't be getting much of a bye. She preferred if this way. Anything non-business would be… not uncomfortable, but difficult. While she waited for the cheapskates to realize that their ploy would wind up costing them a lot more than the rest of her bill, she pondered what to do next. Her other tutoring session had bailed, citing newfound comfort with the subject matter. She was just too good at her job.

As she pondered, Jaya heard the telltale typing of a lost programmer. Short stattaco bursts followed by the desultory clicks of immediate backspacing, interspersed with lengthy silence. She leaned around the shelf, skimming the crowd and looking for frustrated faces. It quickly became obvious that it was the tanned brunette at the support desk. She looked the stereotype of an upset newbie programmer; from her stance to her unknowingly frustrated expression to her… is that a Mac? Yuck.

Jaya smiled, she'd found her next student. She quickly rooted through her bag to find the couple of gadgets she would need and got to work. Five minutes later, and the Mac's power light was blinking on and off at her command, without the other girl's knowledge. Not as impervious as advertised, Jaya congratulated herself silently. A quick forced screen share confirmed her suspicions. God, what a mess.

Jaya opened up a dialogue window on the student's screen and typed out, "Hey, looks like your having trouble. Need a hand?" She peeked over to see what her reaction would be, but was disappointed when it was lackluster. She probably thinks I'm the JDK version of Clippy, Jaya thought with a shudder. That won't do.

"I'm not a paperclip, I hacked your laptop. Your code's terrible and I'm a cheap tutor. Interested?" There, that'd do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.