The world of Norindul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collaboration with @commiepumpkin

Jo heard a faint beep come from her laptop, so she picked her head up to inspect it. There was nothing that should be beeping at her. She saw the message on the screen asking if she needed a hand.
Stupid fucking computer! It knows I'm incompetent.
Another beep caught Jo's attention and she looked again and her blood pressure increased. It said that she had been hacked. Jo quickly looked up from her screen and began surveying the library. She slowly scanned the sea of faces, but she didn't see anyone that stood out as being suspicious.
Jo's attention returned to the message on her screen and anger bubbled within her.
How dare someone hack me!
Jo furiously typed into the message box, her fingers clumsily smashing the keys as her brain worked faster than her fingers could type. She wrote:
This isn't how you get a girl's attention you creep! This isn't second grade, you can't just harass me to show your interest. Unhack my laptop this instant!
Jaya squinted at her screen in amusement. Ok, maybe that didn't come out so hot. She'd forgotten that in non-hacker communities, people trusted their firewalls with a blind faith, so they didn't blame themselves when it failed. Oh well.
Sorry about that? I'll be honest I was bored and didn't feel like getting up to offer my help. I can tell you're having trouble with your code from across the room. Like, from your typing and stuff.
Jo watched as the hacker replied to her in the messenger window. Her first assumption, that this guy was hitting on her, seemed to be incorrect. Although, he still might be trying to get with her. No one just hacks someone's laptop without nefarious intent.
Well, I don't need your help. I am going to go to the tutoring center and be paired with someone officially. So if you would please unhack my laptop? Or I will report you. It's a federal offense, you know.
They'd just pair you with me, or rather they would if I was on their books. I've helped agriculture students ace finals. And like. You don't "unhack" a computer. I'll break the connection if you're sure that you're not interested.
P.S. I hide my tracks, and you're the one without antiviral software. Just saying.

Jo sputtered at the audacity of this douche bag. He thinks he is so smart and perfect! Jo wanted to give him a piece of her mind.
You think you are so grand and perfect? Well then why don't you show yourself? I bet that you're scared and frightened, so you hide behind your computer and harass people! If that is how you act, then you need a wake up call. You are going to get nowhere good in life treating people this way. I have half a mind to call the police. I'm sure one of their computer experts could trace you! You are just a lowly coward, so no, I don't want your help. And I can assure you that I never will.
Yeesh, this is not going well, sighed Jaya.
Fine, sorry, here, let's continue this in person. Sigh.
Jaya quickly input one last command into the other student's computer, and then packed her laptop bag and grabbed the book she was going to check out. Might as well two birds this stone. She stood up and stretched, working out the kinks from her legs.
Laptop bag on one shoulder, hoodie properly arranged, she strode over to the counter where the furious clerk was fuming. To her credit, she managed to fake some level of composure and greet her cordially. "Heya, could I check this out? I forgot my library card at home but I should be in your system."
Jo looked up at the delicate voice above her. She plastered a fake smile unto her face to deal with the student, and she tried to put her trouble with the haker aside. As Jo made eye contact, her heart fluttered and her face flushed. She was adorable. The woman was small and compact, but wore a big sweatshirt and huge glasses. Jo had to keep herself in check, she had never had such an intense reaction to someone. She had never felt attraction to any of the guys at her high school, and she was starting to discover why.
"I would be happy to look you up, I just need your name."
And your phone number

Jo took the books out of her hand and waited for her to give her name.
"Jaya Patniak. Oh, and I took the liberty of downloading you some better firewalls. It'll take me at least half an hour to get through them once you decide on a password. Kind of like an apology?"
Jo's fingers suddenly stopped typing in the girl's name. She looked up from her screen and stared into Jaya's brown eyes. Jo's mouth gaped open like a fish as she fought to find words. The English language had flown from Jo's mind as she struggled to accept the new information.
"You're my hacker?" Jo whisper-yelled, "Oh my god. I thought you were some creepy guy trying to get into my pants. Oh my god, I can't believe I said all those awful things to you! I'm so sorry!"
Jo hid her face in her hands, embarassed that she had gone off on the one person she wanted to like her.
Stupid! You had to yell at the cute girl, and now there is no way in hell you have a chance with her. And you're going to fail computer science. Jo scolded herself and gave a weak smile to Jaya.
"Any chance I can change my mind about the tutoring? It's fine if you say no, after my autrocious manners. But as you saw, I really do need help"
"Wow, I'm glad that got settled easily," said Jaya, the implications of the clerk's sudden change of mind flying right above her head. "But sure, I've got a schedule opening, one of my usuals doesn't need my help anymore now that his course is moving back into c++. I'll send you my information, and let me know when you're available."
"Oh sure! I can just pull up your number in the system. Well, as long as it's there"
"That's ok, you haven't installed the new firewalls yet so i'll just add my phone and email to your contact lists."
She is going to be one of my contacts! Jo thought to herself estatically. She smiled warmly at Jaya and then remembered she had never introduced herself.
Jo gestured to her name tag, "I'm Jocelyn, but everyone calls me Jo. Please call me Jo or I will not respond."
"Alright, sounds good," started Jaya, but was interupted by her phone. The company manager was furiously texting her about their stock market project having compiler errors. Wow, they noticed that super quick. "I need to take this, but I'll be in that same corner if you finish your shift sooner rather than later. I have time for your first free session if you want, but you only get one so use it wisely!" Jaya finished brightly and snatched up her book, texting back with one hand faster than most people could with a full keyboard. She walked quickly back to her corner, and plopped down nearly exactly where she'd been, replacing her computer on it's usual lap position and getting started on price negotiations within a minute.

As the class began, Eva started to scribble down what the teacher spoke. She hummed as she listened to the teacher give the lesson. She learned better if she wrote things down. Especially if it's class notes. Eva heard a loud sound erupt next to her. Alexander must have dozed off! A picture was taken of him too. How could he fall asleep so easily? He must have gotten bored of something...the class lecture or the teacher?

Either way, she couldn't concentrate while he was snoring. Five seconds went by and she nudged him. "Alexander!" She didn't want him to get caught by the teacher. A couple of girls next to him started giggling at the scene. Ok, something has to happen. The brown haired girl quietly let into action. Causually reaching into her bag, she grabbed an eraser. Placing it on her desk, she aimed it Alexander's ear. Letting it loose, she fired it. Hopefully it would wake him up.

@HellHoundWoof

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
@MotherOfCthulhu

"you were right, she is a darling little thing isn't she Passion."

A womanly hiss resounded like a soft purr from a kitten as a woman with deep eyes, black hair and a nearly flawless figure set down her menu at another table. The girl across from her just smiled and sipped at her coffee. She too was beautiful, but in a more earthly way than the opposing divine. They were joined by two other gentlemen as well, though the remaining two stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Don't you have an appointment to keep Vanity?" The largest of the two men spoke up, his tone filled of a rough almost nordic tone. Brisk with thick irish under-tones. The Black haired woman was the one to respond claiming her name forthright. "Do not busy yourself with worrying over my schedule War." She then turned to Man whom sat opposite leaned back in his chair. "Hunter, what of your business? Are we all just going to sip on coffee all day, It is said that Gamble has already made a move. we are falling behind." The two men grunted but said nothing more, it was Passion this time that spoke up.

Her voice was like a soft song, or a kiss against the ear with the softest of lips. "If it frightens you so, sister. Please go on." She ushered Vanity towards the door, but the raven haired beauty looked back witha glare in her eyes. "Fate's boy is with mine Passion. I can not afford to risk this, although..... hmm maybe..." The woman held a mischievous grin as she looked over at a table of boys. Winking towards them they looked over, and then she blew them all a kiss. Not moments later and those boys left the cafe in quite a hurry. Vanity turned back to meet the glare she knew her sister would have for her, but only found a vacant seat and the two men laughing at her bewilderment.

"Well hello there might I take a seat here?"

The very same sing song voice emerged from the blonde haired earthly beauty as she now spoke towards Jessica and cast her a pleasant smile. "I do not mean to intrude of course." She assured before sliding the seat out and settling in. her hands folded together. "Its a beautiful day isn't it?"

@FireFly69

Gambles disappearance left Red more than confused, but he didn't have much time to think on any of it; regardless of how it tortured the back of his mind, the face, the white hair, and beautiful blue eyes. The name.. it seemed to tear at his very soul.

Ring~

The sound on Red's cell phone started up singing a song he'd designated for his friend and co-worker at the smithy. Red stared for a moment, unsure of why Jarrod would call him. The guy never called him. Then Red picked up.

"Red, its Jarrod. Hey no time to explain much right now, but hurry as soon as you can to the shop, there is a bit of an emergency! I will fill you in when you get here!"

Jarrod didn't give him a chance to respond, and hung up the phone. Leaving Red to wonder what the hell was going on. The quickest way home was a less than favorable path that Red generally avoided but not today. To sum it up it would be a battle the whole way there. a battle with prostitutes, Thugs, and Gang bangers.

Jez had been watching the street, not with any real intentions or any particular focal point but allowing her mind to roam lazily from one thought to another like a fish swimming in a shallow pool. There was no chaos and no hurry to her thoughts they came and went organically, occasionally only disturbed by a sip of her tea or a careful forkful of pie but that too was not done in any particular fashion or speed. In fact she was only distracted when the sound of the bell rang and her eyes followed the sound to the backs of several retreating men. Her eyes almost looked bored at the procession but in earnest it was just a matter of disinterest. It was nice, quiet, she was anonymous here and could spend as long as she liked watching the world go by.

Until a voice stole her attention and jarred her from her thoughts, focusing her soft eyes and forcing her lips to curl into a small smile. Her eyes flickered at the owner of that voice, she was stunningly beautiful and jez found herself wondering what such a woman was doing here. "Of course, please." She motioned towards the seat and waited for the woman to take a seat. Jez's gaze returned to the window and her tea cup was cradled in her hands, it wasn't a long wait before the woman spoke again and Jez smiled her own soft smile. "It is, I like it when it's like this. Peaceful, tranquil, you can watch the whole world from this window and never be seen. Complete anonymity." Something she hadn't had a lot of in this town, or in the new school.

• Love
@Wolfsin @Aka~Kitsune

They really didnt have time for idle chit chat, and Tori didnt much know the girl who had come up, and begun speaking with her, and Sean. What she did know is that they were very dangerously close to being late for her dance class, and she wasnt going to have it. Luckily for all of them, Sean had decided walking, and talking was the better solution. Maybe it was the fact that she was very early running in place staring in the direction of the dance studio rather than even paying attention to the girl that'd arrived. "We're dancing" she murmured out as she practically speed walked next to Sean, her eyes locked forward, and it was clear that she felt very VERY awkward with a person tagging along that she didnt much know.

((It's short, and omfg its terrible and im sorry.))​

"David are you crazy?"

Of course the fat man would say something to him, criticize him for doing the job that he had failed to do. David breathed a light sigh as he approached his patrol car and grabbed the first aid kit from his glovebox and began patching up the gunshot wound. When he was done he raised his head and stared towards the red faced man that stood at his driver side door, their eyes met for a mere second and Davids own tiredness was evident within those hues. Unfortunately though he listened as the captain tore into him the words going in one ear and out the other, except those next selection of words that slipped forth from those angered lips.

"David you are suspended for the week without pay, give me your badge and gun and go home."

"What you are suspending me for doing my job, if I hadn't gone in there with the two of them things would have ended up far worse than they did. You have a dead criminal and I was shot thats about it, I would say we made out easy. If we had waited we could have ended up with three dead hostages and then what, you would have lost your damn job. The way I see it I just saved your damn ass."

David was mad, it was evident in the way he continued to banter back and forth with the chief, both of their eyes remained on one another before the captain turned around. He walked away slowly with a small angered sigh. His fat feet carrying him back to his own police car before he stopped and spoke again, it was loud enough for the media crew, the people that had gathered around and the other cops to hear. "You heard me badge and gun better be in my office tomorrow I will think about if I will even give you your job back."

David angrily got out of his vehicle and slammed the door shut hard enough that the sound echoed over the somewhat silent scene followed by the sounds of shattering glass. In the front passenger seat sat Davids gun and badge leaving them behind for now as he slowly began making his way home through the one neighborhood even he hated walking through, the road deemed hells highway.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
"Yeah that is pretty much it, she wants to get to her dance class, and I'm tagging along so she doesn't walk alone." Sean responded, though he knew plain and simple that he was omitting a good potion of the truth behind his own intentions at the time. Still Sean only knew the girl Aria to be not too good in conventional studies, very similar to him, she had a more hands on approach which was why she worked at the loony tune house up the street being a quack. Of course Sean was not one to speak at all considering her worked for a local furniture shop over nights most the time, he wasn't exactly living high on the hog either.

They were nearing the studio now, and in the distance they could even make out the letters on the places bill-board. Though right next to that sign was what truly caught his eye.

Halloween Dance Party/Rave~

There was more information obviously, but from this distance they weren't going to tell anything. "Shit. I haven't even picked out a damn costume yet either." Which drew the question as they crossed onto the final block separating them from the studio. "Have you guys thought about what your doing for Halloween?" Maybe Sean wasn't the only one who'd already forgotten to buy a costume, he waited eagerly to see. Sean already knew what he would be doing for Halloween though. He was going to do any and everything to get Hailey out of the house and away from their mom, and the best excuse in the world was that he would take her Trick or treating.

Before Sean could think much more on the matter they were standing just under that sign and Sean made a mental note to take down the information. It was sure to be fun if he could go, but... Sean knew better than that. Althought a near silent wimper was what tugged his attention finally, and his eyes followed with Tori's to see the closed sign as the other dance students filed out, the roar of an engine could be heard, and sean turned just in time to see golden tresses of beautiful hair flying with the wind. He knew instantly who it was just by the fragrance in the air too and he watched as Jessica flew down the road, and soon enough out of reach.

They had missed the whole thing.

Finally the instructor walked out and noticed Victoria.

"Tori. You missed class today, did classes hold you up, we had a very important session today missy." She started to scold, but the solemn forlorn look in Victoria's eyes told enough of her regrets that the instructor did not go on for too much longer.

Sean looked at his phone. then to the other two. His Mom would be getting home soon, and Hailey was already there.

"Dammit. I have to go." Sean looked to each of them "Sorry something came up!"

Then dashed off.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Aria D'adreci

Aria walked with the two, her hands shoved into the depths of her jacket pockets. Grey eyes blinked owlishly as she hummed along to nothing. She was listening despite her appearance of tuning the duo out. A skip brought life to her steps and the hum honestly made the brunette seem like a child, at least in her head anyway. "Dance class?" She repeated, eyes wide before she grinned. "That's amazing!" She cheered, pausing her steps for a moment before catching up. "I love dancing!~ It is a freedom!~" Aria cooed, her expression having softened from her hyped one from before. Though Aria was no ballerina, she must preferred other styles. "Though I doubt I could take lessons, I would get annoyed at learning routines..." Aria ended up admitting, a small dusting of red to her cheeks. She knew full well that her stubbornness would be a problem in that sense.

Now, Aria was far from oblivious. She often seemed stuck in daydreams or barely paying attention but she was observant, thank God. Her pools of grey peered carefully at Victoria as her lips dropped from their near permanent smile for a moment. It was obvious that the girl was uncomfortable and the only reason Aria could ponder up was that her presence was causing it. Guilt momentarily plagued her as she brought her hand up to the white-pink feather that was woven into the single plait at the side of her hair, for a moment just enjoying the soft feel beneath the pads of her fingers. "Maybe I should g-"

Cut off, Aria had heard Sean but her attention was also directed to Victoria, worriedly. Her lips parted as she noted the end of the class and the teacher who left. Now Aria felt worse. It was a possibility that if she had not made the duo pause, Victoria would of been there in time to at least explain why she was absent. The brunette swallowed, folding her arms over her chest as she turned to note Sean, who now seemed in a rush to leave. "Oh...Okay, Bye Sean!" She called out, smiling again as she reached her arm up to wave, quite dramatically so.

Without Sean there, Aria was quite unsure what to ask the other. She did not want to make the girls day any worse. "Um..." Aria struggled for a moment, a finger perched upon her lip before she smiled, brightly. "Hey, Victoria!" She called out, letting her arms fall behind her as she interlocked her fingers. "Are you planning to go the Halloween party?" Aria questioned, letting her head lull to one side. "Would you like to go shopping with me for a costume tomorrow?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Jo watched as the computer cutie walked away from the circulation desk, nose buried in her phone. It looked to be a very important conversation, and Jo hoped everything was alright. With a sigh, she turned back to her work and looked at the clock. She still had 15 minutes until her shift ended, and she had a feeling she was going to be watching a certain corner of the library the entire time.

Jo went over the conversation with Jaya in her head, and groaned. She had never felt like this before, her stomach was in turmoil and her brain wasn't agreeing with the words tumbling from her mouth. Jo reflected back on all of her relationships, and knew that she had never really liked any of the guys she had dated. She would say yes if they asked her, but she was never serious with anyone. Jo realized that none of the guys really ever held her attention, sure some of them were aesthetically pleasing, but she never felt anything toward them. Not like what she was feeling now, and it scared her. She felt an agonizing mix of giddiness and anxiety, a peculiar blend of debilitating emotions that swirled in her gut and made her nauseous.

Jo snuck a quick peak over at the corner and saw the corner of Jaya's laptop and the tip of her shoe. Jo wanted more. She craved to see her, to just stare forever. Jo ripped her eyes from the corner and stared at the screen of her laptop.

"Pull yourself together. What is wrong with you? She is cute, so what. You aren't even into girls," Jo pulled up short. I'm not into girls, right?

Jo's attention was suddenly diverted by a student at the desk looking to check out a book. Jo put a smile on her face and quickly scanned the book through the system. She gave the student back his receipt and then tried to return to her thoughts. The beeping of the door alarm jarred her again, she had forgotten to desensitize the books. She never forgot. Jaya was really messing with her mind and Jo wasn't sure if she loved or hated it.

Characters: Rix Alvar > Vidar Alvar, Cynbel Alvar
Time: Evening

"We're heeeereee~" Rix sang as she pulled up in the driveway of their home. The sunlight was beginning to dim as its source slowly began to run to its horizon.
"What!" The little boy called out with disappointment. His arms folded as he slumped, the passenger seat blocked his view of the decorated house, but he recognized the neighbor's house as he saw it every time they let and arrived to their house.
"Just wait." The woman smirked as she and Cynbel stepped out of the car. After he stared at Vidar teasingly for a moment, Cynbel finally opened the child-locked car door and helped him out. When the little boy finally laid eyes on the house he gasped with surprise. The front yard was completely covered in dimly lit jack-o-lanterns and glowing ghosts, they even haunted the roof of the large house. On the porch glowing spider eggs and sleeping bats hung with their parents watching from the shadows.

"Whoooaaaaa!!! This is awesome!!!" Vidar gaped as Cynbel chuckled.
"Yep, Grandpa sure did an amazing job setting it all up." Rix remarked, clearly impressed with the effort made in the decorations, she had no idea how much work he put into it. He had insisted on working on it all by himself in the shed, and even she wasn't allowed to look. Old age and fatigue must be too scared to touch him; he definitely had the energy of a 20 year old.
"The thing I chose was to spend some peaceful time with my family, just sitting back and enjoying each others' company, apart from today we've all been pretty busy. I figured home decorated in stuff for our favorite holiday would be the perfect place to chill. Plus I have ice cream!"

Rix looked over at her grandfather and smiled, she didn't want that, she seriously needed it, they all did. Just a break from exhausting life stuff. She was excited for the calm evening, especially before the wild Halloween party at 10.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go! Last one inside has to eat a worm!" Rix exclaimed as she darted towards the house.
"Hey! Cheater! Get back here!" Vidar charged behind her, quickly followed by Cynbel.
"I'm getting too old for this…" The man joked with a chuckle.

• Love
As they approached the dance studio, Victoria noticed the majority of the student filing out, and it was then that she realized she'd missed the entire class. Her blue eyes widened in disbelief as they continued toward the building her eyes never once wandering toward the banner for the Halloween party being held soon. She was more so interested in the fact that her dance instructor, Miss Delacour, was walking towards her with a rather disappointed expression plastered on her fine features. The woman's words towards her were all mushed together into a fuzzy sentence Tori didnt quite get. She was all too mortified about missing the entire class, and it was clear to Miss Delacour how the platinum haired girl felt. So she just sighed, shook her head, and went on about her business informing Victoria that their next class was in two days time and she'd like to see her there.

"Yes, Miss Delacour...." Tori mumbled letting her eyes fall to the ground as the woman walked away. Almost just as suddenly as her dance instructor left, so did Sean, dashing off in a hurry. Tori watched as he ran off down the sidewalk, and she sighed finally letting go of the fact that she'd missed class today. It wasnt the end of the world afterall. She found herself then looking over to the girl that had tagged along with them to the studio, and an awkward smile found its way onto her lips as the girl she'd now come to know as Aria addressed her. She questioned whether Tori would go to the Halloween party...if she'd like to go shopping with her. It wasnt something she was asked often. In fact, she'd never really been asked to go anywhere by anyone, and so she found herself fiddling with her own fingers as she thought about it.

"Uhm....I dont know. Parties really arent my thing. I mean, honestly...what would someone like me even dress up as?" She questioned, more so to herself than Aria. The girl sighed again, and shrugged her shoulders. "I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I guess I could go shopping with you to help you pick out something to wear. I doubt ill be going, I cant think of what to be anyway" She shot Aria the same awkward smile, her eyes sheepishly gazing at the ground as she tucked platinum hair behind her ear.​

• Love
izqr01.jpg

GM Post
Characters: Leah Gardner > Eva Kamiya
@Roxshi

After what seemed like the most pointless and boring eternity, class finally ended, causing a certain cheerful light brunette from the front corner of the room to jump from her seat and begin to quickly pack her stuff. From the corner of her hazel blue eyes caught an unfamiliar dark brown haired girl. Leah hadn't seen the girl before which intrigued her, she has always enjoyed meeting new people. She was always one to welcome the newbies too whenever she got the chance.

The moment her bag was packed, she threw it over her shoulder and hastily made her way to the new student.
"Hey there! I haven't seen you around before. Did you transfer from another class or from another school?" She inquired with a large smile on her face. The new girl was rather adorable; she could tell right away that she was the quiet sort. She enjoyed those kind of people, and she made a habit of introducing them to some of her own friends so they aren't lonely, college campus is always fun with friends, no matter how antisocial you are.

A loud rumbling interrupted, leaving a red blush on Leah's cheeks as her hands went to her stomach.
"Oh goodness, how embarrassing. I haven't eaten all day. Oh! Here's an idea. Usually I have some kind of welcome box or something like for new students, but I don't have any made yet, so how about I take you out to an adorable café instead? My treat. I insist!" The girl clasped her hands together as she practically begged Eva to join her.[/hr]

• Love
@MotherOfCthulhu

Passion hummed happily to the girls response, she knew now that she'd not been wrong. Despite the life this girls mother lived, and her soul lacking of passion, this princess, the daughter of that woman had proven to be a very loving girl looking to find her way in this world. In many ways it left passion to be saddened by the fate she only knew to exist. "Yes it is not often that the commotion of the worlds grows still as it is today. I much enjoy it myself and wish many days might be so excellent" before she noticed her ways of speaking had slightly changed, not in tone or softness but the dialect and way she worded her sentences might have been well off for the time they lived in.

"I do recognize you of course dear, you are a beautiful dancer, Iv often made a point to come and see you dance." Passion was closing the gap now. She had her chance to initiate, but how in worlds was she going to get this girl to see what she needed her to see, to agree to a life such as this... heroism was well and good.. well and good indeed but this was not a world ruled by honor, or magic, this world was ruled in industry, money. Passion never might have thought the girl to be the type to treasure such things as other bigots, but to talk to her of fate... and destiny...

"My time grows still im afraid, I would love to speak with you further however. Truly, if you would meet me in two nights at this cafe once more." it sounded bad, she knew that but to explain anymore would only hurt her cause. "You are a beautiful soul Jessica. truly a vibrant and glorious woman. I hope you will accept my invitation." With that the woman awayed herself out the door leaving only the ghostly presence of her smile as she passed through the glass doors.

• Love
Aria D'adreci

The acceptance to her invitation was all Aria needed for her lips to curve into a amused smirk, a smile that promised the dread that was shopping. Her eyes gleamed with steeled resolve as a small chuckle, full of mirth, seemed to escape the now seemingly dark Aria. The brunette loved to shop and shopping with her often ended in hundreds, if not thousands of outfits tried on that ranged from summer to winter, pink to blue and formal to pajamas. It was a terrible habit but a part of Aria enjoyed the company, even if she was practically forcing them to be there. The only benefit to others of spending the day shopping with Aria was that she was quite good with fashion.

Her smile suddenly became soft, cheerful as it normally was, the gleam gone. "Victoria, Victoria, Victoria~" Aria cooed as she brought up a hand, forming a peace sign with her fingers. "There is a costume for everyone!" She declared with her usual energy. "We will find you and outfit, the perfect one might I add, then you will go to the party and have all the eyes on you~" Aria purred in delight, mischief present as per usual. "I mean, we have all day right? You could be an animal, a beast, something from myth, horror film, tales or even books!" Letting her arms drop back to her side she cocked her head. "I will drag you there. Just to warn you."

Aria brought her arm up, phone along side, as she peered at the bold, bright white letters that glowed powerfully on her blank screen. She had to go. A soft sigh parted from her lips as she let her mood somber for a second. She did have to do some work, specially if she was to get away with going shopping all tomorrow. Peering back up to Victoria, she studied the other for a moment. Seconds later, she shrugged and her happiness was back. "I actually need to go now. Got to study if I need time to party." Aria compensated her hours of study with partying and how long she partied for with studying. She was to social for her own good. The bubbly brown haired student had approached random strangers on a regular basis one the reasoning alone that she thought they seemed nice.

Shoving her phone back into her pocket, having pressed play, Aria held the ear buds in her grip. "I will see you tomorrow then, Victoria!" She turned on her heels, bolting down the hallway without another word. Her bag swayed at her side with the hurried steps, only to break the silence with a small squeak as she suddenly stopped herself, peering over her shoulder with a eerily calm grin. "You'll enjoy the party, promise." Aria really didn't seem to even accept the idea that the other would not go. After all, Aria would drag her there...not that many others believed that she spoke literally. With that she shoved the buds in her ears, music blasting again, as she jogged towards the steps and then down, heading back to her home to get her hours taking notes done, in the very least.

• Love
Reactions: Azzy and Wolfsin
What the hell did you do to Project BlackLine?!

You paid for ¾ of the code, and I round down. You'd know that if you'd read the contract you signed.

That's bullshit, we'll sue you for cyber terrorism.

What is with people and threatening legal action, geez, wondered Jaya privately before resuming her texts. No, I'm really not. Part A, section 2, no sub-sections. It's literally in the table of contents. Or did your legal team not bother to read anything, thinking that just because I'm not a big name on break Wall Street, nothing I do is legally binding?

Before the typing notification could be replaced with a new complaint, Jaya interrupted their text with another. Because I assure you, this is all legal. I checked. I double-checked. I didn't need a triple check because I won two court cases in a row, without the case even getting to trial. Same thing'll happen this time. Know why? Because the plaintiffs signed the same contract you did, and I have digital triplicates of every interactions we've done since then.

I'll see what our lawyers have to say about that.

I already emailed them, they'll settle for triple my fee just to keep me from suing you for a dozen times as much. Which is what happened the second time. Or, you could just pay me my last invoice, get the last algorithm and a complimentary server scrub, and that's the end of that.

You're a cocky little shit, we'll see how big you talk in fucking court.

Jaya rolled her eyes. Same attitude as the second time she had to go courtside to resolve a stiffed bill. Oh well. Law was almost as easy as programming for her, and nobody really read her terms and conditions before agreeing to them. Their underestimation would only be their downfall if they tried to screw with her. They'd realize that soon enough.
The matter was settled for now, however; the CEO would go whine to his legal team that would tell him the same thing she had. She didn't have anything to do until the desk worker, Jocelyn, got off shift.
Jaya tapped her laptop idly, trying to think of what she could do in the meantime. Shrugging, she dug through her bag for headphones and pulled up a torrent of the previous night's Mr. Robot. She leaned back in the stacks, stretched her legs out in front of her, and opened a second window to start on the initial framework for her next project. Jaya always found it easy to split her attention, especially when she was coding something as easy as atomic collision simulations.

• Love
GM Post~

David wasn't fond of walking through this cesspool, but the way his eyes darted around in his head practically begged for one of these idiots to start something. Still it was the best he could do for both his kids and himself to remain calm and just let things play out. David arrived home without a problem and was greeted with happy smiles and shouts of "Daddy!" it was enough to wash away the worries of the day if only temporarily. it was night already now and so David started by fixing the two little ones a dinner and then they would watch a movie together before bed. Simple and quiet, and literally the part of David's life that he treasured most of all.

Sean only got a ways before the world became annoying enough for him to stop. A sigh passed his lips and he pulled up his head set. Clicking play he lost himself in the beautiful tones of vocal trance that he so loved. If nothing else to calm himself before he got home and was forced to deal with the reality of his life once more.

His feet carried him faster than they might normally. Sean knew far too well that Hailey might walk in to if he wasn't there to precede the events and crack the proverbial whip on a woman who hadn't learned to grow up. His fingers curled into a tight fist just thinking about the horrors that awaited him and a more cowardly part of him wanted to turn around and beg Victoria for Sanctuary beneath her bed. Floor, rug, spiked pit, all of it sounded appealing against the reality he faced.

The music had him mouthing the words as he went and he even burst into a bit of a step as he walked, almost strutting as he made his way down the road. it was an unconscious act now, one incited by the beautiful tones of electric music, one that he promised to lose himself in whenever he was able.

The music's speed increased, and the drop happened just as his thoughts peaked, and Sean found himself completely bouncing and dancing to the beast as he sloshed his way through a puddle upon the crevices of a small little bridge he had to pass over to get home. Only when the music began to calm did Sean realize he was already home. Luckily or not he'd made it there before Hailey too.

Sean pulled the head-set around his neck and reserved himself as he entered only halfway into the house before his stomach curled in disgust.

Stagnant sounds, gruff beats and the press of flesh against a wall, along with careless cries and whimpers from the one woman he could have went forever to hear like this.

His mother being fucked up against the wall, with her partner some toned guy no doubt that she'd met at the bar. Sean was only disgusted long enough to get pissed, and that was all it took.

"What the actual fuck do you think you are doing!"

Sean didn't even try to hold back, and the only thing moving faster that his lips to curse this scene was his fist that flew towards the side of the mans head completely knocking him away from his sexual frenzy and leaving him in a naked stupor. "Sean what the hell!" His mother clawed at him trying to pull him away, but rage had taken its course now. "What the hell? are you fucking kidding me mom. Hailey is going to be getting off the bus in less than 2 minutes and your here wailing like a fucking banshee as this fuck has his way with you?!" Sean's mom matched his glare. "It's none of your fucking business you know, I was watching for the bus this whole time I wasn't going to let her see this." Sean let loose a rage and then planted his fist in the wall before turning back at her. "yeah nevermind your fucking son right? Watching real fucking good weren't you!"

He could have fought with her for hours, but luckily the man thought he was going to play fucking big guy and Sean wasn't having it at all. "You keep your fucking mouth out of it ya fuck, before i stab the ever living shit out of you. Fucking have some decency you fucking bum!" Sean was pissed. he couldn't filter himself now and only because he knew that Hailey would be getting off the bus any second did he keep himself from beating the bastard to a bloody little pulp. Sean stormed towards the door and shouted back one last warning. "Get fucking dressed and sneak him the fuck out the back door, I don't want to see his fucking face every again or so help me I'll fucking kill him!" Sean didn't wait to hear his mother's response before the door slammed.

• Love
Jez was startled by the woman's words, there was no hiding it in those crystalline eyes of her and yet they didn't speak of disbelief but of intrigue and curiosity. Before more could be said she was left alone with her thoughts and the strange but beautiful woman was gone. For a moment she watched the door with a manner of stupor that had been induced by the strangeness of it all. Finally her gaze broke from the door and returned to the window. It was odd to be spoken to as the woman had, if Jez had ever been flirted with she might have assumed it was that, however people were usually either too intimidated to speak to her or thought she'd be too stuck up to speak to them. "Two days." She spoke to herself as she sipped on her rapidly cooling tea and watched the window, she didn't have much else to do but was it wise?

A half hour passed and the cake had been finished, the tea had been drained and Jez had come no closer to a decision she felt 'safe' with. As the staff bustled to clear the table she exchanged a few more pleasantries and got herself ready to leave. There was no point holding them up from shutting shop and getting on with their afternoon and surely she could find something to do...even if it was just to return home and wait for her father, though someone had mentioned a party hadn't they? Some sort of Halloween dress up party, perhaps she'd go to that, let her hair down have some fun. She'd have to get her 'practise' out of the way first.

With one last glance around the cafe she waved goodbye to the lovely owner and stepped outside into the afternoon air. She didn't even have a costume though, did she? Her mother would have her be a ballerina, her father would tell her not to be silly and go looking smart and well presented, or better yet not to go. With a sigh she pulled on her helmet and slipped onto the bike, what did she want though?

That's the real question though, isn't it?

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
End Night post~

FireFly returns to his favorite smithing shop to find that they are being evicted.

Victoria simply returns home and awaits the dread of the next day when Aria will drag her out to go shopping.

Jessica has much to think about and needs to consider what she will do regarding the upcoming Halloween party with only the remainder of the early day left to plan.

Eva returns home and awaits the following day as well... and then...

"David I presume?"

David held the phone close to his ear and just listened "Yes."

Static followed and then the sound of multiple voices.

"Well David, you brought you and your kids in a mighty fine mess now didn't you." The voice was taunting, almost intimidating. "You fucked us David. you had to mess with us and now... we will fuck you... You.. and your kids... Thats right David... we know all that we need to. And this.. is only the beginning." With that the phone connection lost before David could ask anything, and before he could set the phone down the sound of shattering glass resounded and next a light formed spread and there was fire... lots of fire... come from a Molotov cocktail on the livingroom floor.

The night was done and with the day came the beginnings of Halloween.

The night has ended and as such I am allowing for a final wrap up post if you want that has no limit of paragraphs that you may write to finish up what you need and end it up with the beginning of Halloween day. For jaya, and Jo they are in a specific condition with me where their posts wills till take place during the first day. They will skip to the party when the time comes.

Wolfsin~

Status
Not open for further replies.