The world of Norindul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aria D'adreci
@Sinopa

The brunette was captured, caught and tied to the music as she danced the time away with little knowledge of the small group she had joined in the moment. Eyes were blinded by the mass of lights and her movements lack thought but were still twists and turns and shadowed the beat. Her drink was left on a table at the corner of the club, her attention far from it as she danced for songs and songs with no care in the world. There was no words spoken to these new people but they all, at the moment, didn't care. Aria's makeup hid it well but her cheeks were stained a red hue as she chuckled, watching one of the dancers near by sway, not with the beat but with the fact she probably had to many drinks.

Aria paused with the moment as the performance began. The music increased and there was a strange deafness to her own hearing that excluded everything except the beat as the lights followed track. She was stilled, watching as a few others did around her while the rest danced. The performance started as the wall dropped and the stage lit up and revealed the DJ for the night, the main performance along with the other twin. Sonet and Echo. Part of her excitement of the night was hearing these two for the first time.

It started and Aria held for a moment, a glimmer in her eyes of passion. Her heart in her opinion was beating furiously in time with the song before she fell back in line with the masses on the dance floor. Her body and limbs in that moment swayed and twisted with fluidity that was kept only after years of dancing, her eyes would seem to watch the people around her but she attention was fleeting upon anyone. Often enough it was on the performance itself. Aria felt her chest heave for a brief second as she inhaled and exhaled, a hand reaching up to drag back her hair from her face.

The show ended and Aria had a huge smile upon her lips, the feeling of freedom having dropped her guard and left Aria overly excited. With a sense of glee rediscovered, especially after this troublesome day, Aria headed through the crowd with practiced ease and to the bar again, needing to get a drink. A small giggle was the first thing she sounded verbally in a while, except singling along, as she grabbed the bartenders attention. Her arms, folded, dropped onto the bar as she ordered another drink, the same.

Avicii started and Aria honestly squealed, quite fan girly so as she swooped up her new drink, letting the straw fall to her lips. She loved the cool sting of it against her throat along with the burning from her muscles that screamed to head back and dance. Mentally promising to compliment the twins from the performance if she meets them, Aria took and quick glance around before pausing. Her eyes widened considerably so as her lips fell agape, straw falling from them as she took note of Rix. She was the last person Aria thought to see here. That didn't stop her from hurrying over to the woman though, reaching over to tap her shoulder gently as she grinned. "Rix!~" She called out, tone slightly louder than normal to give the other a chance to hear her over the music. "Your here! Did you see the performance?"

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
Dead.

The word echoed inside his head, and for a second the veteran even thought of the man who would dare do this to his kids laying dead on the ground. Though he shook his head and spoke low at first stammering over each of his words, "No this person that did this does not deserve death, they deserve whats coming to them but that will not be death." He dropped the phone back to the receiver at that point and sat upon the couch. His head fell into his hands for only a minute as he contemplated his next move, the terrified look of the kids faces enough to cause his heart to stop in his chest. What to do? What to do? His eyes were filled with tears but not of sadness not of pain but instead anger, when he found who did this they would pay, they would pay the same way all criminals do. He knew with his entire heart that they had a special place in hell for people like this.

He couldn't just sit here and do nothing not now, not ever, he rose from the couch quickly and dialed the numbers. Each click of the buttons agitated him even now, he hated calling the man he called boss..ring....ring..rinn....before the third ring could finish a loud knock rang through the hotel room followed by the shouts of. "Police, David we know you are in there. Your kids have come up missing and we want to ask you some questions." David threw the phone down and sighed lightly if he let them in they would arrest him and take him down to the station to question him for hours on end and that would not be good for his kids. David stared towards the open window with another sigh before taking off through it to the fire escape. The last sounds coming from the hotel room were of the door breaking open as he started his descent from the fourth floor.

When his feet hit the ground below David took off disappearing into the alleyways of the dangerous streets. He knew that the cops wouldn't follow him into this street in the dark, but now he was on the run from them leaving him only one other place to contact people and that would remain a secret for now. He sat down beside one of the big dumpsters behind a club and threw a discarded piece of fabric over himself. From the inside of the club he could hear them getting ready for something big but soon he dozed off and was plagued again by nightmares.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
Jez had text Amanda, her friend she usually came to these things with, to see if she'd be in attendance. Now that she was sat in the dimly lit, busy club she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and pulled it out. The dull blue glow haloed her for a moment in it's digital light and her small smile faded to a frown. 'Sorry Jezzie, I'm out with the family tonight there's no way I could make it but party without me alright?~Manda'. Jez was a bit of an awkward soul when it came to party's, she didn't drink, she didn't do drugs and due to her mothers 'fame' and harsh warnings she didn't go out of her way to talk to strangers. Her mother had had too many close calls at pubs and clubs with deranged fans and she'd scared Jez into believing that'd happen to her as well. Of course her own history had somewhat proven that, the 'boyfriends' who got aggressive when she hadn't put out for them. The 'friends' who slagged her off behind her back if she didn't use her mothers fame to get them free things.

Honestly, Jez had sort of given up on people, moving away hadn't helped, the people she had known having moved onto to new things. The few people she called friends scattered here there and everywhere, Amanda was the only one from here she still spoke to regularly enough to be considered a friend, she was an easy going relaxed girl that just accepted Jez for herself. There had been others but she hadn't seen Alex around since returning back to town. Sighing lightly she sent back a quick text and locked her phone, slipping it back in the bag. It felt ridiculous to be here alone and somewhat unsafe given the fact that everyone was wearing a mask. Deciding it would be better just to go home she gathered her skirts in her hand, finished her drink, placing the empty glass back on the bar and moved to stand.

As soon as she did a rush of people seemed to come through the doors and promptly hang around them. While deciding whether to flee or stay the lights were dimmed and a performance began. Briefly forgetting her own plans she turned to focus on the act, she wasn't a massive fan of trance or rave music, that was Amanda's thing but that didn't mean she didn't like it. Like with any music if it had a good beat or a good rhythm and she'd listen to it. The light show was pretty and then the dancing girl was alright, the dancer in her picked out her mistakes but the enthusiast in her adored how it all worked. While she was admiring it there seemed to be a crush onto the dance floor, Jez didn't understand it herself but it was nice to see so many enthusiastic about it.

Soon enough though it was over and the regular DJ continued to play, she lost track of the two before, Sonnet was it? Which was a shame as she fleetingly thought about speaking to them but instead found herself trying to avoid being trampled as people moved to the floor to dance. She found herself backed up against a far wall, lightly brushing at the dress to make sure there were no tears or damage to the fabric. There wasn't, which was a minor miracle in itself and she breathed a sigh of relief.
"Packed, isn't it?" Some guy she hadn't noticed beside her called out, blinking slowly she glanced over to see a guy, probably around her age, with silvered hair spiked up, a blue hoodie and a pair of three quarter length jeans, he was wearing trainers which sort of ruined the look but it was easy to tell he was supposed to be Jack Frost from that children's movie. "You're going to have a hard time finding your friends now."
"I came alone." She called back and why had she? For a little girl and her brother, how foolishly romantic of her. He'd even said he wasn't going to come which made her feel even more foolish, though it had been nice, he was a fan but he didn't seem crazy, he seemed like a normal boy and that had been really nice.
"Oh, a pretty girl like you travelling alone? That's not good." She felt the hairs prick up on her arms and the back of her neck, something about the guy had sounded rather threatening.
"Oh, it's not too dangerous, I'm friends with the bouncers here, they keep an eye on me." The guy seemed to draw back then and Jez smiled faintly to herself, "They taught me a few things too when it's quiet here." The guy looked a little uncomfortable, "And of course my mother has enough power to destroy an entire family line if any one dared to hurt me." Jez turned to the guy with the sweetest smile on her face, "So you see, I'm perfectly safe really." The guy babbled some excuse and wandered off and Jez shook her head, "Fucking jerks, would it kill god to put one decent guy on the planet?" She grumbled to herself, idly amused at herself that the very reason she wasn't safe (her mother's fame) was just as good at being a shield against creeps as it was attracting them.

It seemed he hadn't really recognised her though and catching her reflection in a mirrored surface she could understand why. While her head dress didn't cover her face she looked so different compared to her usual look either off stage or on stage. With a deep breath she took out her phone and text Amanda 'I'm going to go dance, call me in an hour to make sure I'm not in the midst of a break down, love you ~Jez x'. It wouldn't hurt right? One time, just to not care who was watching or why, to cut loose and let her emotions spill out and be as free as she had always wanted to be. The dance floor was a crush but there were still empty spots and empty spaces, she could still have fun and hopefully avoid being overly crowded. If she got in trouble she could always call the bouncers over, so it ought to be alright, right?

Before she knew it she was making her way to a space and her body was finding the rhythm, that was the best part of music, even if it wasn't your favourite she could usually find something that drew her in, be it the guitar, drums, the bass or the singer there was always something. Humming to herself she picked up the melody and her body followed, as if the vibrations from her throat and from the sound system were directly connected to her and pulled her into the shapes and designs they desired. Her inhibitions dropped away quickly enough but luckily her awareness didn't, if she'd had the entire floor she likely could have put on quite the performance but with little more than few feet squared she had to improvise and she was okay with that.

The beat pulsed through her body and drew her hands above her head to catch the filtered coloured lights between her finger tips, the floor, although far too sticky for her usual style would be perfect for the rough and ready styling her flat dolly shoes would allow. She gave them a tentative test and found that it wasn't too hard for her to spin to point on the soft leather, though the balance was of course different to her usual shoes. A faint smile decorated her lips and then the winter maiden spiralled like a snowflake into the centre of her own space. Beneath her gown were white dainty leather shoes and pale tights though even with the pirouette the skirt never went higher than that. She'd always loved contemporary dance and fusion, she'd never really been in a position to practice it before but for one night she was free and it showed. The pulse of the music zipped through her and with ease the queen of ice melted into an easy rhythm, fuck the world, tonight was just for her.

Her dancing style is similiar to this there is NO floorwork obviously and it is to trance music rather than pop/jazz.

• Love
After downing a few sips the lights changed and the energy of the room shifted. Her eyes looked around and watched as the main event of the night was starting. A big grin came over her lips. This would be the first performance she had ever been to. Her feet stepped into the crowd enough to be in the mix of people. Her body swayed to the music and her eyes remained on the attraction. One hand curled her cup close to her chest for security, careful not to spit it. The other arm brushed the hair away from her masked face. The more the music picked up the more her body began to shift and twist naturally. Nova let her hips loosen in a taunting sway, side to side as her head bobbed to the song. A laugh came from her, not believing how natural it was.

The first song died out and she looked to the people around her cheer to the artists on stage. They were pretty intense and took everyone's attention for the moment. A heavier breathing filled the air, warming up the room as the next song started. Those who knew it grew excited. Nova shut her eyes and listened to the words as well as the beat letting her body move in slow fluid motions to match the mood of the song. Her teeth glowed in the dark as she felt amazing, moving with the song. She knew clubs would be a reoccurring event in her future and this artist would be played back home a lot more.

@Wolfsin

The music ended and she shuffled out of the crowd. Now that the attention was off of the stage she didn't want any attention on her. Hunting down her base, the punch table, she would remain here till maybe a little liquid courage would get her out there again. Nova sipped out of the plastic cup till she was interrupted by a howl. Her body jolted slightly, nearly spilling the red juice over her fur costume. Her brows furrowed together as she turned to find a man dressed in a creepy outfit, hiding behind a mask. She glared slightly as he apologized. A shoulder softly shrugged at his question. "Slightly, I have danced a little and made my rounds to see what is all happening. What about you, scare any other strangers?" She smirked and chuckled as her head softly shook. "You should be careful scaring people like that, you're going to end up with a mask full of punch. Others aren't as nice as I am." Her eyes took in his costume a little more, actually impressed with the detail he put into it.

• Love
@Azzy

Wow, this party is really big, was Jaya's first reaction upon arriving at the club's block. The line to get in was already humungous, and wrapped around the corner. And it was just 10:30! There was no way she was going to be able to get in before the end of the main attraction. Jaya had only realized that she knew the twin DJs while reviewing the Facebook event on her way over here; apparently that giant beast of a program with all the holographic projections and dazzling lightshows was going to be taking place here. She really wanted to see her work in action; she'd been promised a recording of the display, but live would be so much better.
Suddenly a door opened up on the side, an employee exiting through a side door for a smoke. With uncharacteristic impulsivity, Jaya found herself sneaking up behind him and catching the slowly closing door. She was so short and light-footed that the man didn't even realize somebody had sneaked past him. Jaya stifled a giggle after she'd gotten in, amazed at her gall.
Of course, now came the obvious problem that she was in a club illegally and would likely be found out in seconds if she didn't find her way out of the back rooms. She wandered stealthily through the halls until she heard frustrated shouting from one of the rooms. Curiosity got the best of her and she stopped to eavesdrop.
"None of the equipment is syncing up! What the hell are we gonna do, the set begins in half a fucking hour!"
"It's not my fault all their shit is from the year 3 fucking thousand! I told you to update the drivers last week!"
Jaya rolled her eyes. The twins had been overly optimistic about the tech level of the club it seems. The programs and equipment they were running was top notch, and wouldn't work on anything antique. Speaking of…
"Oh my god, are you using yahoo answers to look up solutions? On INTERNET EXPLORER?!" she couldn't help herself from calling out.
Both employees flipped around in surprise, the manager raising a finger and shouting "GET OUT!", the other squinting in frustration, fully expecting to hear another "I got lost on my way to the bathroom" excuse.
Rather than quail at their combined fury, Jaya strode forward and sat down at the desk before either stopped her, her hands a flurry on the keyboard. "Stop shouting, I know what you're doing wrong. The programs the DJs are using are too complex for anything analog, so you can't expect to give this antique," she said, gesturing to the switches and knobs of the master controls, "admin control. I'm transferring it directly to the twins' booth. You're not gonna be able to cut them off in the event of an emergency, but I listened to their introductory mix tape, they won't need a backup."
The manager lost some of his anger, though the other one, the techie, grew red with embarrassment and professional wounds. Some costumed partier was doing his job better than he was, and he immediately started with the jabs. "How do you know so much about this huh? You trying to wreck this show before it starts?!"
Jaya looked over her shoulder, still typing without looking. "Ok seriously, why is it that whenever I do my thing, people automatically think I'm trying to screw them over? That's twice in two days."
"So you are some sort of cyber criminal! Boss, get her out of my booth."
"Oh my god, no, I wrote their programs! I just wanna see my stuff in action! Speaking of, why don't you have Linux? This would be so much easier with a system I can actually dabble with. Here, hold on."
Jaya reached into her pocket and pulled out a nano server. She plugged it in, and started downloading programs. "Here, this is the stuff I was using to interface with their equipment, it should all be aces after I get everything downloaded."
As icons began popping up on the main screen, Jaya turned. "You should be all set, tell the twins that they're all ready to start their set. Everything should be fine, most of what I write is adaptive in case there are any problems." The techie fumed in a corner while the manager stepped forward to shake her hand. The odd girl had barged in quite uninvited, but she'd solved the unsolvable, and that evened the scales quite nicely. "Oh, and I took the liberty of running an optimization program through your systems. They are almost unbearably slow." Ok, maybe they weren't quite even.
"How can I repay you?"
Jaya spent the majority of the set in the backup booth, enjoying the lightshow and music without having to fight the dancing crowd for room. After she was satisfied that the twins would be in good hands with the newly educated techie, she stepped out, heading for the bar with a VIP stamp on one hand and a fistful of free drink tickets in the other. Far from her usual consultation fee, but eh, she did technically break half a dozen laws.
She decided to avoid the punch bar, which was a surging mass of people desperate to slake their thirst, and headed to one of the relatively calmer cocktail bars. Jaya tried to choose which one, when she noticed someone in an Ahri cosplay. With a wide smile, she made a beeline for an empty seat next to her, and only slowly to appreciate the work done on the costume. It resembled a wintery skin, similar to Jaya's own Lulu appearance. She'd put a lot of thought and effort into making her own variation of the nine tailed fox, and it worked wonderfully.
Jaya plopped down on a stool next to the fox, and smiled widely. "Hello! I love your costume. Is she your main?"

Last edited:

@Lyla : Spirit
11:45 PM:

"Ahh man, I suppose that is true god forbid someone serves me punch as I so rightfully deserve." Sean laughed then stepped up beside the girl to get a better look at her. From head to toe she was covered in fur, the slightest and well arranged places she didn't have fur you could see flesh. Everyone was bringing out all the stops at this event, and here he was mix matched outfit and dressed up as the court Jester. Of course the irony behind his choice made him smile, when he thought back to the name of his league crew. The Jester's court.

"The party has only just begun, I think I will have plenty of chances to scare other people, but ill keep your words in mind next time and prepare for evasive maneuvers." Sean chuckled and filled his cup once more. "Anyways not that the fun part is over with, what is your name wolf girl?" He didn't sound like a pompous ass rather a guy that just didn't have any filter or restraint. That was common in this scene though right?

"Do you go to the Local University? I know a lot of people and i actually haven't seen you around here before. And before I forget, I am Sean. Despite my entrance I'm not a complete ass hole; and its a pleasure to meet you."

All at once though, the punch bar was emptying out. It seemed something else had drawn the crowds eye at another corner of the scene. Sean was curious, but staved it for the time being enjoying his conversation with the 'big bad wolf.'

Costume: Aliexpress.com : Buy Southern Belle Period Pink & White Victorian Gothic Ball Gown Prom Lolita Dress Halloween Cosplay Costume Fast Shipping from Reliable dress dance costume suppliers on Cosplay Store | Alibaba Group
Mask: Glamorous Beaded Fringe Masquerade Mask, Mardi Gras Fringe Mask with Handheld Stick, Mask w/ Beaded Fringe, Fringe Dress Mask [PINK/SILVER]
Boots: Plus Size Wide Width Victorian Lace Ankle Boot Wedding Shoe 7 - 13 Ivory White
Jo stood in front of her floor length mirror and grinned ear to ear. Jaya had really come through for her, locating the actual location of the period costumes. She looked as if she had just stepped out of a movie. Jo had rung up a friend in the theater department, Shay, and got the full period costume perfect. Her long brown hair was curled in tight ringlet and tied up in a play pink hair bow that trailed down her back, her make-up perfectly accentuated her emerald eyes, and the dress was fluffed up with a slightly scratchy petticoat. Jo thought she actually looked stunning, a thought she didn't have often. Jo glanced at her clock and saw that it was 9:50pm.
"Oh I have to get going!" Jo grabbed her mask and secured it to her face. The beads tickled her face but it added a mysterious element to her ensemble. Jo smiled mischievously from behind her mask and then giggled. She couldn't wait to show Jaya.
Jo took off out the door, belongings secured in her bra, toward Club Replay. She knew she had a 15 minute walk in her lace boots, and hoped she didn't ruin them. As she neared the club, she saw the line was amazingly long. Everyone looked amazing in their costumes, probably trying to win the contest she had read about on the flyer. Jo made her way to the end of the line and was prepared to be waiting a long while. Jo thought about Jaya, maybe already in the club. She wanted to see the little computer whiz all dressed up. Jo thought she was the most adorable thing in her sweaters, and figured that she would look even cuter in costume. She also thought about how Jaya might react to her. Jo thought she looked good, but would Jaya think so?
Jo waited in line for 40 minutes before making her way up to the bouncer. She quickly handed over her fake I.D. and smiled at the bouncer. She realized she was wearing her mask and went to take it off when he waved her through. I guess they really don't care tonight Jo thought as she entered the club. The music was pulsating throughout the room, making bodies sway and grind against one another. Jo bit her lip and slowly made her way towards a wall. She was supposed to meet Jaya here, but where? The place was huge and she was just one insignificant person in a sea of bodies. She tried not to freak out, but was having a hard time. There were a lot of bodies and they all seemed to be pressing up against her. She needed to get away from the dance floor. Jo bolted toward the bar, seeing that it wasn't as crowded as the rest of the place. She was about to sit down when she saw a familiar looking costume. It was Jaya! Jo quickly approached ready to yell above the din when she noticed that Jaya was talking to someone. It was Victoria. Jo paused in her tracks, as an odd sensation bubbled up inside of her chest. Jaya was smiling and touching pieces of Victoria's costume; they seemed to be having a wonderful time. Jo felt angry all of a sudden, her hands clenching at her sides. Why am I feeling this way? She is just talking to Victoria. Am I…jealous? Jo's head fell forward in thought and her eyes flicked upward to watch the scene unfold. She was jealous and she couldn't figure out why. Maybe it's because we are becoming good friends and I don't want to be replaced by another person. Or maybe I like Jaya as more…Nope. Not going to go there. It doesn't even matter! Get over yourself and go say hello. Jo shook her head, the beads of the mask swishing, and walked forward to greet Jaya and Tori.
"Hello, you two! This party is crazy, huh?" Jo said enthusiastically.

@Wolfsin

'Wolf Girl' wrong in her ear for a second, making her twist her head to the side slightly. She chuckled at his quick thinking, knowing how well it fit her. Nova gave him a smile before she finally shared her name. "My name is Nova, and what is yours?" she asked, not being as clever as he was to tying a nickname to the stranger. There were plenty that she could throw out there, but her mind over thought everything. For Nova to give a nickname it would have to stick for as long as she knew him, which may be forever but it also may only be this short small talk. For all she knew they could actually know each other, the masks hid their faces pretty well.

His question made her relax a little, he didn't know her and this could potential be their only interaction, taking off most pressures she felt when meeting people. Sean, a fitting name for the way he had be acting. "I'm not from around here. Well, I grew up here, but left as soon as I could to the outskirts of town. Too crazy here," her words slammed together as she hurried through talking about herself and the hell of a city it was. Her memories here didn't make New York home to her, and they never would. "I take it you're from around here? Do you go to a university here?" It was an easy slide off of information about her. Being as private as she was, it may come to a few fibs here and there to cover up old history that she didn't want uncovered.

Nova flicked her eyes to the crowd around her only to find a familiar face bouncing her way, "Oh boy," she softly muttered before finishing off her punch. Rebecca had found her a little early in the night. Still sober enough to find her friend and ask too many questions.

"It's my big bad wolfy!" she shouted and clicked her ridiculously high heels over to Nova, wrapping an arm around Nova's furry waist. "Mmm," she quickly covered her lips after sipping out of a strong drink she had in hand. "Aren't you going to introduce me??"

Nova laughed and looked to Sean with a look of slight annoyance. "Sean, this is Rebecca, or the other half to my costume, little red riding hood. We work together. Rebecca, this would be Sean. The ass hole who almost stained my costume you spent hours on." She chuckled and smirked at Sean from behind her mask before looking back to her friend. "I see you're not slurring your words yet, are you having a good time?"

Rebecca waved off Nova's question, "Tell me Sean, what do you think of Miss Nova? She is quiet the lady wouldn't you agree?" Rebecca laughed and elbowed his side before passing a wink off to Nova who wanted nothing to do with this interaction. "Oh, I think I'm making her mad. Maybe you could cheer her up while I go toss a few more drinks back. You two have fun!" As quick as she popped up, Rebecca pranced her short, little skirt off into the crowd to fade away again.

• Love
@Lyla : Spirit

Oh how the fun was starting up now?

Sean laughed as he noticed that Nova had been taken off her guard with the incoming arrival. Just in the middle of answering her question. "Thats right I am actually going to school at the local university here, not that im incredibly fond of it, I do have my reasons." Sean thought back to Hailey, to their mother who had put them through hell. He remembered all of the people that he had to protect Hailey from, the whole reason he'd made his name at the school as a thug delinquent who didn't give a rats ass for anyone or anything. The title he'd earned with the school meant nothing here though.

"I live on slight outskirts of the city, its a bit of a jog from the school and most of civilization but its not too bad either."

His response finally interrupted when the long lost friend joined them and Sean found himself amused by the look of annoyance on Nova's face. "Clever idea, The big bad wolf, and red riding hood... I would be lying to say im not a fan of the classics." Sean feigned a little bow in respect of little red and nodded to her. "I think shes a charming individual that is playing her character as the grumpy ol wolf a little too well" Sean stuck his tongue out and laughed then just as Red ran back out into the crowd. Turning his attention back on Nova.

"Nova, though huh. I like that. It's a really pretty, and unique name, not one I have personally come across before. Here I am just being boring ol Sean." He smirked and downed the rest of his punch in one healthy gulp. Wiping then at his chin for any left overs.

No doubt the place was starting to heat up, the music was booming and with each newly downed cup of punch Sean could feel every vibration more in his body; as if it were coaxing him forward. He wasn't drunk by any means, but the punch was certainly doing its job here. "So now that we have had horrible first impressions, gave your friend the wrong idea, and over all made idle chat... What do you think to actually doing a little bit of dancing?" he left the question open, they would return the to punch bowl and it certainly wouldn't be empty but they were here to lose the world in the rave of the night.. so why not?

Only for the moment was Sean okay with letting himself not worry over meeting up with Jessica. He'd come to this party to see her, but Hell he didn't even know if she for sure would be here. If she was, then he would find her. The night was still young and the more and more Sean delved into the punch and lost himself in the music, and the company of pretty little wolf girls the more he could feel alive for just tonight, No worries, No thoughts of home, just the music.. and the freedom that came with it.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Characters: Rix Alvar > Aria D'adreci
Time: 11:50pm
@Aka~Kitsune
The tap on Rix's shoulder surprised her for a moment, but when she turned to see the intern's familiar face her own lit up.
"Aria!" She exclaimed with delight. She was relieved to find that not everyone at the party was a stranger. She motioned towards an empty spot away from the dancefloor at the bar and led there. "Yeah, they were absolutely amazing!" She replied, attempting to get her voice over the music. She signaled for 2 shots causing the demon to rush over, set 2 glasses down, and filled them up.
"It's interesting to see how their fans react to watching them live! They can get pretty crazy!" She stepped back to look at all of the brunette's costume. She was amazed at the details put in the outfit, it was certainly praiseworthy. "Wooooow! You did an astounding job on your costume! And it matches you perfectly! I would expect nothing less from you!" She acclaimed with obvious admiration before quickly knocking back her shot and offering the other to her friend.

Last edited:
  • Love
GM Post
Characters:
Jessica Selway, Aria D'Adreci, Rix Alvar, Sean Roman, Nova Jane
NPCs: Cody Sky (Undead Groom), Crystal Malone (Undead Bride), Sebastian Caldwell (Officer), Tiffany Reed (Maid), Grace Dixon, (Playboy Bunny)
Time: 11:50pm​

Cody Sky and Crystal Malone as the undead bride and groom took the stage when the twin's performance was finished. They started off with an intense fast paced mix to keep the party going. When the DJs subtly nodded, all of the waiters and waitresses moved through the crowds approaching several of the guests on cue. Included in those chosen were Jessica Selway, Aria D'Adreci, and Sean Roman.

@MotherOfCthulhu
Pushing through the masses on the dancefloor, an officer approached Jez from behind and gently tapped her shoulder.
"Excuse me ma'am, but you have been selected to participate in the dance contest, which will take place in about 10 minutes. Would you like to join?" He asked as he held out a stamp. "It will be a wonderful experience, and the winner gets a large prize. Is her icy Highness interested?" He inquired with a charming smile.

@Aka~Kitsune
A maid walked up to the two women and bowed. "Greetings, mistresses. Forgive me for the bother, but I've been instructed to carry out a message for the elegant bird." She gave an apologetic glance towards the bear, who responded with an understanding nod. The maid continued as she looked back at Aria.
"You have been selected to participate in tonight's dance contest, which will take place in about 10 minutes. It's an extraordinary time to be had, and the winner comes out with quite a hefty prize. Would you be interested?" She asked as she held up a stamp, ready for a reply.

@Wolfsin and @Lyla : Spirit
Popping out seemingly from nowhere a playboy bunny girl appeared in front of the Big Bad Wolf and the Jester.
"Hey there!" She chimed cheerfully, interrupting their conversation. "Sorry to barge in, but we couldn't help but to notice you two dancing out there, so you both have been selected to participate in tonight's dance contest, which will take place in about 10 minutes. It's an experience you don't want to miss and there's a large prize in it to the winner." She sang with a huge grin. "What do you guys say?" She asked holding out the stamp, already anticipating yeses.

Last edited:
  • Love
@Sinopa

Jez was startled as a hand came down to touch upon her arm, her skin shivered and the fine pale hairs that covered her arms and the back of her neck stood on end. She spotted the policeman and was rather surprised and confused for a moment. When his words caught up with her she finally noticed the small crowd she'd drawn in. Blinking rather surprised she glanced to the man again, one of the waiters that worked here, every inch of her froze at the prospect of dancing on stage but he called her an icy queen, clearly he didn't recognise her and maybe no one else did too. With a nervous smile she gave a small shrug and a nod, following the waiter out from the crowd and fetching her phone to text Amanda 'I think I just agreed to entering a dance contest. What do I do?'
Really? You're asking me? I've got two left feet! Is there a prize?
Apparently there is yes.
Then win it and we'll split it when I'm back.

Jez smiled faintly and tucked the phone away, maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

• Love
@Alyssa Carlene

"Jo!" Jaya shouted over the din. She immediately left her seat to embrace the taller woman. She'd only had a couple drinks so far, but she was a major lightweight, so the alcohol was already loosening her up. "I'm so happy to see you, your costume looks wonderful, and oh gosh, your mask!" She reached up to run a finger at the pearls, giggling at Jo's expression.
"Oh have you met Victoria? Her costumes great too! We all look wonderful!" The two friends greeted each other, Tori thanking Jaya for her enthusiasm before excusing herself to the bathroom. Jaya leapt back on her stool, gesturing enthusiastically for Jo to join her on Tori's now vacant stool.
"So, did you get in ok? I actually snuck in and saved the day, long story, but I have drink tickets!! What do you want; it's on me," Jaya asked waving another ticket at the Batman to get his attention.
The music pounded behind them and organizers were moving through the crowd stamping hands for the dancing contest that was soon to happen. "Are you any good at dancing Jo?" Jaya asked, clinking glasses with the other woman. "I know a little bit of traditional stuff, but nothing from this continent."

@commiepumpkin

Jo was shocked by Jaya's hug but immediately squeezed back. The smaller woman gave a wonderful hug and Jo didn't want the embrace to end. Jo smiled at Tori's costume and waved as she left, the feeling of anger quickly dissipating at her departure. Jo was very curious about Jaya's wild adventure of sneaking in, but a drink sounded great. She would loosen up a bit with some alcohol.
"The bouncer didn't even make me take off my mask. They must not care too much tonight. And I'll take a long island iced tea, if you wouldn't mind," Jo smiled and realized that she and Jaya kept switching the tab back and forth between them. Jaya had bought pho, Jo bought coffee, and Jaya was buying drinks. It was almost like dating. Jo blushed at the thought and gratefully grabbed her drink, sipping quicker than she should.
Jaya then asked if she could dance. Jo knew how to formally dance very well, being that her mother forced her to take etiquette lessons from the time she was old enough to talk. Dancing was a major part of etiquette in the south, so Jo could waltz, tango, rumba, foxtrot, cha-cha, samba, and mambo.
"I don't think I could dance in this club," Jo said sheepishly, knowing that her skills weren't meant for a club like this but rather for a ballroom, [BCOLOR=#333333]"But if you want…"[/BCOLOR]
Jo trailed off, confused by her offer to dance with Jaya. She hated dancing. It reminded her of all the years she had struggled against her mother's will, and only winning when she moved out. Jo bit the inside of her bottom lip waiting for Jaya's response.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Part #1: The Nightmares

The nightmares were not the same as they normally were, no nightmares of war or police work, no instead he sat around a table his kids there smiles pasted across their pretty faces. They were laughing and everybody was happy, soon though the phone rang and dinner was interrupted by the voice on the other end the words were incoherent to the cop. All he heard was the machinery that echoed through the sounds of the phone and then the cackling of the flames that littered his house but this time he could not save them or himself. The flames licked up the walls and over his kids. He shouted out and ran to the table grasping at the two of them but they fell apart in his arms covering him in the black ash of their destroyed bodies. He fell to his knees tears sliding down the white of his cheeks and falling to the ground, his eyes slipping closed. He needed to wake up needed to find a clue something that would help him find them.

Find them and make these gangbangers pay.

The words echoed through his head jerking him from his sleep, a cold sweat had crawled down his already sweat covered body. He was breathing heavily and his body was shivering, but he knew something was off about that nightmare it was different as if trying to tell him something. He thought back on it thinking to every gory detail and finally his eyes widened at the thought, the echo of the machinery in the background of the call he had heard it the first time to. The echo was a sound no one would be able to miss not twice. David rose from the ground where he had been sleeping, his eyes shifting to the watch that rested around his wrist. 8:00 p.m. great a couple hours had passed and he hoped that his clue would lead him to his kids. Of course many know what you say about hope it is just that.

Time is a fickle creation of man, but now it was his worst nightmare.

David knew to escape his old colleagues he would have to change everything his credit cards would have to be ditched and everything that they could recognize him with had to be gone. He waited a bit before making his way outside of the alleyway and towards the outskirts of the bad neighborhood. Each walk brought him closer and closer towards the destination but of course God had another plan in mind for the young police officer. Soon standing surrounding him were about four men all of which gangbangers each one carrying different weapons ranging from pipes to bats. The guy up front stared forward towards David with a sly smile half of his teeth missing as he slammed the pipe against his left palm.

"Just give us all of your money and stuff and we wont have to mess you up."

David growled slightly before looking towards the man, his lips curling in a slight snarl. "Please just move along you don't wanna mess with me right now." David turned around at the last second and raised his arm up blocking the baseball bat one of the men slammed towards him. He grabbed the end of it with his other hand and yanked it from the mans grasp and slamming the back of it into the mans gut sending him sprawling towards the ground. He felt the sting just as the leaders pipe connected with his back sending him down to one knee, he growled lightly as he spit the blood towards the ground. He rotated around bringing the bat up and slamming it into the leaders knee sending him to his other knee. He hit the man one more time in the face sending him to his back, David rose to his feet and watched as the rest of the crew ran off leaving him there alone. David tossed the bat to the ground and continued on his journey off towards where he needed.

Time. 9:00 p.m.

David slowly walks out of the convenience store carrying a bag filled with a cell phone and five prepaid minute cards. His credit and debit cards now shredded and discarded his bank account emptied except for a few dollars enough to keep it running and open. His entire attire had been changed leaving him in sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a hood drawn up over his head. He makes his way to another alleyway before making a phone call, the phone rang twice before the same woman's voice from the other night rang on the other side. "Wolf right? Well he is not here, Zero and I were attacked last night and one message was left where Zero normally sat and played games and did work. It simply read this job is his alone to solve. Do you know what that means?" David didn't give her an answer instead he clicked the end button and looked over the city from the alleyway.

Games are always supposed to be fun but this game is tempting with things beyond his control and he could feel it.

David breathed a light sigh after the phone call, the fall weather was cold enough to allow his breath to slip through the part in his lips. He scratched his head once again thinking where he could go to find the info he needed, where there was a working computer. He began walking towards the only place that he knew, he might as well make his name known in this game if thats what these people want thats what they would get. Enemies were everywhere and it was time he ended this war. It didn't take him long to make his way towards the police headquarters the only point at this hour that would have a working computer. He stood outside the back door of the office looking up to the second floor where his office window sat open, the perfect way in.

Behind enemy lines once again, but will my life still be there once it is all over.

David had made it in, the office door had been closed with police tape covering ever inch of it, the office had been turned upside down files and folders taken from their resting places. Luckily for him it seemed they had not had enough people to take everything with them, leaving his computer and his hidden handgun. He grabbed the handgun and put it away inside of his jacket and finally got to work on what he needed to find. Each finger hammered silently away at the keyboard looking for any of the places that would have machinery in them that would still be running. The search finally brought him to one place that he should search, the place held machinery that would sound like that but the place had been closed down leaving David to wonder how they were making noises in the background. Either way he didn't care he just needed to find his kids.

Time: 10:30 p.m.

The factory was closed, yet could it really be as dangerous as the people made it seem. The game was coming to a close and soon he would be either the loser or the winner.

David made his way across town taking the late night bus towards the street of the first factory, he had hoped this one would be where he needed to be. Of course though, the world would not make this easy on David and he knew it. Outside of the factory stood about four big guys all of them looking into the factory and conversing to themselves and one another. David exited the bus and nodded at the bus driver as he muttered good luck, he sat down at the stop and watched the men waiting for them to either leave or make their way inside. It didn't take long before they disappeared into the darkness of the streets realizing they could not get in the factory leaving David his own way in. He rose from the bus stop and made his way across the street towards the abandoned factory, he moved around the building to find a way in. It was awhile before he found the window on the second floor and now it was a matter of just getting inside.

David climbed up a broken fire escape being careful with each of his steps not to knock the fragile piece of metal down. He climbed through the window and looked over the room he was in, some sort of control room for the factory. On the outside the factory looked run down and closed but on the inside the place looked fairly new as if it was being used recently. He shifted around silently checking around each of the corners of the door as he made his way into the giant factory. He made his way over to the railing and looked over it towards the floor of the factory and there they sat tied to chairs with their mouths covered, his children all alone and looking scared. David went to say something towards his kids to tell them they would be ok but instead another voice rang out a dark voice from the first phone call.

"Come join us David and let us talk, nobody has to be hurt"

• Love
Tori felt bad for leaving without saying anything, but too many people were crowding around for her liking. She had made a beeline for the bathroom the instant Jo, and Jaya were distracted with each other, her body weaving through the wave of dancing people. She was pleasantly surprised to find the bathroom empty when she entered, and instantly she felt more relaxed. Tori walked over to the mirrors, and gazed at her reflection in the surface. She costume has held up quite nicely despite all the movement, and bumping she'd encountered. Nothing had torn, or fallen off. She was pleased with it. She now could sit and think on what she'd said to that bartender. It was completely out of character for her, and she knew she would never have the guts to say anything like that. She sighed, and leaned against the counter staring into the mirror, a thoughtful and worried expression on her features. As she continued to gaze, some flashed in her eyes, and the reflection in the mirror seemed to smirk a bit. She blinked a few times, the reflection returning to normal. It was odd, and with that little weird experience, she took a deep breath, and left the bathroom.

Tori returned to Jo, and Jaya with a completely replenished tolerance for multiple people, a small smile curving her lips. "Hi Jo." she stated in a sweet tone. "Sorry to leave so soon when you showed up. I had to use the bathroom." she fidgeted with her clothing in a sort of shy manner before letting her gaze fall upon the wave of dancers on the dance floor. In an instant, it was as if Tori wasnt Tori anymore, and in her place stood a confident, fiery woman. A grin curved her lips as she grasped both of the other's hands. "Lets go dance."​

@Wolfsin @Sinopa

Rebbeca always showed up at the times she didn't need to show up. The interaction made Nova shake her head and grin wide out of embarrassment. It was like bringing your drunk mom to the party, always finding new ways to get under your skin but at the same time you're laughing the whole time.

Hearing her name from Shawn brought her eyes away from the bobbing Red Hood that pranced through the crowd and back to his mask. Her head nodded and eyes shut for a second as she laughed. "Ya Nova is about as unique as my parents could get." Her mind laughed at how normal was so pushed in the house, yet she was given a name that would be hard to forget. "Sean on the other hand... well it isn't a bad name." She said laughing at him before she set her empty cup down on the edge of the table she stood by.

Her foot had been tapping to the beat of a song that caught her ear while the two of them talked. His next line of summarizing the past few minutes of their interaction made her worry he was going to ask her to... dance. Sure enough he did and a nervous laugh left her lips as a hand brushed the white hairs away. "Well, I'm not much of a dancer to be honest. I," she began before someone b-lined to the table and interrupted. She narrowed her eyes as the question came up again. She contemplated it before sighing with a passive answer. "I will need a shot or two before I can be put on the spot like that..." Her tongue flicked over her lip, pulling it in to be chewed on. "Go ahead and stamp me, but there is a chance I will have pee at the exact time it starts." She smirked and put her hand out to the eager worker.

She looked to Sean who most likely would be stamped, seeing as he just asked to dance with her. "Don't get any funny ideas. I'm going to head to the bar and down those shots. Maybe I will see you out there?" She offered her hand to him to shake. "If I don't see you again, it was nice to meet you." With a smile of her eyes and lips, she would then slip past him and head to the bar.

It took some bumped and wiggles to get through the crowd and find an empty spot at the counter top. With patience, she looked for eye contact from anyone behind the bar. Her blue hues finally matched with only one as the bartender yelled, "ARRRR ye ready for a kick in arse?" This made her laugh a little more than expected, even when she expected some sort of pirate joke. "I need somethin' that'll get me dancing. You have anything for that?" her arms folded over the counter and she leaned in, curious as to what he would mix up for her. "Ye will won't the clearest of golds..." he said, clearly really into his character. "The seniorita's claim it makes them want to take their clothes off, how does that sound?" She sighed, knowing what the poison did to her. "I'll take two," she agreed sending him into an excited tizzy. "The wolf will be shaking her tail off tonight!"

• Love
@Sinopa @Lyla : Spirit

Sean sighed heavily when the Bunny approached, scouting him out for the dance contest of all things. He found himself glancing over at Nova as if anticipating her answer, but it was only half what he guessed. "I would rather continue my conversation, but I did tell myself that I would do it before I came here.. so theres that." Sean sighed again and shook his head. "Regardless if you get some of that liquid courage in you, you should come and find me. It has been a lot of fun talking with you and I hope it wont be the last time." He was surprisingly forward in comparison to how he'd normally be reclusive and venomous. The atmosphere was enough to allow him a mercy he'd not known for far too long. Sean could be himself here. The side of him that had been sleeping ever since it was required for Hailey's sake.

Saying his partings with Nova Sean shook her hand and smiled back at her, then accepted the stamp and followed with the host to wherever the dance was about to start. "So.. she was a cutie, look at you mister jester you don't even need to shed the mask to rope the ladies." The Bunny poked her fun with him and Sean just shrugged it off. Returning a question of his own. "What type of dancing is going to be allowed for this?" Sean could tell the girl watched anime the way she pressed her backside out and placed her finger at the edge of her lips, doing the famous 'anime thinking pose' Then she pounded her fist into the other hand. "Well, we are going to play songs, and the contestants will have to dance however they see fit in accordance with the music. will that be alright Slick?"

Sean shook his head again knowing he was getting in over his head, but part of him was hopeful here. If there were anything he expected to find Jessica at the heart of, it would be this. Besides... it couldn't be as bad as he was making it... regardless Sean took up his spot near the circle designated for the contest, as all the crowds fought for ideal vision of the spectacle. "What will you be going by then Ser?" The bunny cooed. Sean thought about it for only a second before smirking from behind his mask.

"Master of the Court"

The bunny smirked

The event was about to start.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
@Alyssa Carlene @Azzy

Tori came back and promptly gave the two girls the impetus they needed to leave the bar. Jaya laughed and chugged the rest of her drink, nearly gagging on an ice cube before smacking it on the bar. With a cry of "Let's go!!" she let herself get pulled up by Tori and began weaving her way to the dance floor
Jo hung back a moment, but unfortunately for her, Jaya noticed. The shorter woman fought her way back through the crowd of drinkers to get to the reluctant southern belle. She grabbed Jo's hand and grinned up at her with wide eyes. "C'mon Jo, I don't want to lose you down there," Jaya said, trying unsuccessfully to pull Jo off the barstool.
Finally, Jo gave up and allowed herself to be "dragged" to which Jaya shouted in joy. "Victoria! I got her! We can go now!" she shouted at the foxy lady waiting for them both at the top of the wide stairs leading to the main dancing stage on the first floor.
The trio stuck together as best they could, trying to get a decent spot where they wouldn't get crushed, but could enjoy the music nonetheless. However, once in the swarming mass of people awaiting the start of the contest, Jaya felt a sudden shiver of doubt. She knew her dancing wouldn't be at all expected and that they'd be laughed off the stage immediately, but she was hoping that it'd be good laughter. What if it wasn't? What if the crowd turned, and she didn't know these people how could she trust any of them oh gosh oh-
Suddenly she felt a hand in hers. Jo was trying to set up a waltz position or something, looking vaguely uncomfortable as she did so. The thought was almost as ludicrous as dancing the Kathak in a club, and Jaya laughed out loud, collapsing into Jo's arms and trying to figure out how American waltzes or tangoes or whatever went. Perhaps Victoria would know more than she did? Before she could reach over and tap the other woman on the shoulder to switch places, the music began to play.

GM Post
Characters:
Sean Roman
NPCs: Cody Sky (Undead Groom), Crystal Malone (Undead Bride)
Time: 12:00pm

"Alright all you fuckers, Shut the fuck up, we got some real beats for you now!" The corpse bride called at the top of her lungs, catching everyone's attention as the music began to build.

"I need all of you to clear the floor, like right fucking now." She commanded blatantly. "The dance contest is about to begin."
"We have rounded up a few dancers we spotted from the wonderful performance given by Echo and Sonet and afterwards." Cody added as he fiddled with the board in front of them, moving to the beat.
"If you participating in the contest step in the circle. This is first come first serve apart from those who have a stamp, so after they have entered the area others may find a spot. If it is full then tough luck, you weren't fast enough, try again next time. And I don't want to hear any shit about it." She instructed, obviously giving no fucks whatsoever.

"Soooo…" The Groom cut in as people began taking their places in the marked circle placed on the middle of the dancefloor. "Our first contestant is the 'Master of the Court.'" He introduced.
"Ooooo, sounds kind of cocky. Let's hope for his sake he's 'Master of the Dancefloor' too and doesn't eat shit in the process." Crystal interjected.
"Let's get this contest going shall we?" The two stood from their seats and began the music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.