The Wolf Pack

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrin struggled to break the bond between his and Kenna's minds, feeling his heart rate surge at the possibility of her recognising the feeling and locating him. He was putting Kona in danger, and he was reluctant to wake her; she was often haunted by nightmares and rarely got a full night's sleep. Pack wolf. Erratic. Fast. Treasured by pack. Friendly, yet distant. Ferrin let out a frustrated whimper as he finally managed to rip the connection apart, feeling a painful twinge in his skull as he did so.

Kenna stopped. The feeling had gone, and left her with a very strong headache that sent her tumbling to the ground with a cry.
Galenia caught her friend, struggling under the weight of the muscled she-wolf.

Ferrin felt dizzy, and he leant against a small yew sapling. Forcing a Reaching to cut off is always extremely painful for both parties involved, but he had to do it to protect Kona, who still slept soundly. But he worried it was too late - Kenna now knew he was close by, and may come looking.

Ahaha, no, don't worry xD

Kenna stood up, shaking and leaning on Damon and Galenia for support.
Galenia was much smaller than Kenna was, and much more dainty. She didn't really fight much herself; she was one to make weapons to do it for her. Still, she was concerned for Kenna, and willing to hurt the person who had made her like this.

Aw, okay. :3

Ferrin's breathing was harsh as he stumbled a few paces forward before crumpling to his knees. His head still throbbed angrily.

Back!

Kenna kept pushing forward, although her vision was hazy. She thought she saw a wolf in the distance.
Galenia recognised the outline of a wolf. She left Kenna's side, entrusting her to Damon, and ran to the wolf. She saw a grey pelt and realised this must be the mind-reader she'd told about. She looked up at Kenna.
Kenna's eyes widened. "I thought as much." she muttered, smiling.

Ferrin struggled to open his eyes, and saw wolves approaching him. A shot of adrenaline brought him to his paws and he kicked a pile of leaves discreetly so that they covered the entrance to their makeshift den.
At least Kona will be safe, he thought as he took a deep breath, and faced the wolves.

Galenia looked at him. "Are you OK?" she asked worriedly.
Kenna blinks. "Ferrin? Do you have a headache too?"

Achilleus growled. ' Shut it, both of you. '
Difference rolled his eyes. ' And anyway, we aren't here to fight. We are here to negotiate. We are here to inform and instruct. '
Grenade nodded. ' But I reckon, if they resist, we can take 'em, can't we boys? ' Grenade drawled in his Australian accent.
Kid nodded, and Freak and Deak high pawed each other happily.
Difference padded forwards, taking a deep breath in, his ears twitching as he took in different sounds. He stepped forward out of the bushes towards the talking wolves. ' Greetings. ' He said, his head bowed in respect. There was no body language that said he wanted a fight.
Grenade padded behind with Freak and Deake, nervously scanning the wolves. Achilleus was at the front, standing defensively and protectively.

Kenna looked up, her headache making her vision swim slightly.
Shields supported her as she fell, and looked at the new wolves. "Hello." he answered curtly. He'd picked up Ferrin and dumped him unceremoniously across his back.
Galenia's two tails flicked around in nervous apprehension. "I'm sorry, but we don't really have too much time to talk right now. We have two sick wolves here that we need to take back to the pack to take care of." she said, apologising. Something seemed off about the wolves.

Achilleus growled, jutting his jaw outwards ' Yeah? Well I think you might want to listen-' He was cut off by Difference.
Difference smiled his signature grin. ' Apologies for inconveniencing you. However, you may want to know about what's been going on outside the borders. Our land is slowly... Well. Disappearing if you will. Other wolves reported seeing trees fall in the blink of an eye. They said they heard odd unnatural sounds echoing everywhere. We are loosing pieces of land everyday I'm afraid. '
Grenade stepped forward. ' Yeah mates. He's talking sense. So, anyway, there's this large pack, near this forest. It's full of wolves from all different backgrounds. All around the world. We're representatives of the pack and our job is to inform you, of the coming danger. We're warning you all, and gathering other wolves to prepare for.. Changes. ' He cleared his throat.
' Yeah. You've got to... Leave this forest soon. With us. We're offering you chance to escape. '

Galenia raised an eyebrow. "Leave? We've grown up in this forest, fought in it."
Shields frowned. "Besides, how do we know we can trust you?"
Kenna blinked. "Wait." She looked at them, frowning, then looked at Grenade. "I recognise you. You're Grenade, aren't you?"

Grenade made a sort of stuttering noise, before blinking and staring up at Kenna. ' Yeah... I recognise you alright, mate. ' He looked slightly shocked. ' Have we met before? '
Difference nodded at Shields. ' Well you can trust us, because we haven't attacked you yet, and all we said has been backed up with facts. Our pack is full of wolves from different countries. Take Grenade for example, he's Australian. You can tell by my accent that I'm Irish. Kid is from London, and Freak and Deak are both English as well. Like I said, you have to trust us. Our goal is to help you get out of a certain doom situation, and help you escape. We're finding wolves all across the forest, just like you, who don't know what's going on outside the border. And we're trying to help them, get them out. You have to trust us on this. Something weird is going on outside borders. Our land is disappearing. '

Kid turned to Galinia. ' Sorry dol, but you'll have to leave pretty soon. '

Kenna tilted her head. "Perhaps you were in my old pack. What pack did you come from?"
Shields growled. "Later, Kenna."
"You two, come on..." Galenia muttered, shaking her head. "Alright. Well, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind coming back to our pack with us? I'm sure our leader, Trea, and her mate Cesar would be most grateful to hear of your offer. We may be considered elite wolves, but we're only a small pack, so joining onto a bigger tribe who know what they're doing may be good for us. Although it will be difficult. Our pack was formed by Trea herself, hand-picked because of our skills. Each of us come from packs that have been destroyed by various means. So as you can imagine, it's not going to be easy to sway our leader."
"Galenia's pretty eager to help, though. She's our diplomat and adviser. Trea trusts her with important decisions like this one." Shields said, to which the smaller she-wolf nodded.

Grenade paused. ' I was from battle clan. Never been much of a fighter though. So I left, and joined with these idiots. '
Achilleus snarled at Grenades comment, making Grenade back off and regroup with Freak and Deake, reminding Grenade of his place.
Difference raised an eyebrow at Achilleus, before turning to the other wolves.
' Of course we wouldn't mind returning to your pack to discuss the idea of moving you pack to our tribe. However our time is running short and we must report back to camp soon. I don't intended to be rude, however... Let's make this quick shall we? '
Kid frowned at them both. ' Yeah, we have to skidaddle back to our in a tick. '
Freak and Deak murmured in the background, glancing at the other wolves.

Galenia nodded. "Of course. Kenna, are you alright to walk now? Could you run ahead and send a warning to Trea that we're bringing friends?"
Kenna grinned and nodded. "Of course, Galenia!" She looked at Grenade again, before turning around, crouching down in a ready position, then activating her power and shooting off, whooping as she ran.
Shields laughed, adjusting Ferrin on his back. "Alright, let's go. Kenna should join us about halfway through the way back. He grinned and started moving.

The group of wolves passed alongside the others, ominously silent. It was Grenade that broke the silence in the end.
' Hey, boss, now that we have the possibility of new wolves in our tribe, do you think we'll be able to move on? ' Difference grew scarily silent, his ears twitching slightly. Even Achilleus knew when to be quiet, stepping back slightly. He glanced at Grenade.
Difference let out a low snarl. ' Grenade, think about what you just said for a second... ' He expressed the word said with pure venom in his voice. His Irish accent going into overdrive.
' S'just... Me and and Freake where thinking... ' Achilleus shot Grenade a look as if it say ' quiet fool! '
Difference narrowed his eyes and suddenly, his claws shot out from beneath his laws.

' I DONT CARE WHAT YOU AND THE OTHER IMBECILES WERE THINKING! '
Difference roared, making Grenade bow his head and step back warily.
Difference turned to Grenade, and a paw slashed through the air, striking Grenade in the muzzle. Grenade fell backwards, stumbling into Kid. Kid held Grenade supportively, helping him up. ' Watch your self, blud... ' He whispered cautiously into Grenades ear. The whole scouting pack grew silent again, Achilleus padding in front.

Kenna sprinted back, screeching to a halt and kicking up dirt, which sprayed all over Shields.
"Oh, come on, Kenna!" Damon groaned, shaking his fur.
Galenia just laughed. "You took a little longer than normal. What's the holdup?"
Kenna chuckled. "Trea was a little reluctant to let people visit. Luckily, as soon as I said you trust them she agreed to give them an audience."
"That's our Trea for you." Damon said, with a chuckle.

Trea looked at Cesar. "We should get Agro and Tibald. Knowing Kenna, they'll be back soon."
Cesar nodded, then sat down, raised his head, and let out a long howl.
Agro and Tibald stopped what they were doing and bounced over instantly, sitting at the base of the trunk their leaders stood on.

Damon lifted his head upon hearing the howl. "Hey, that's Trea! She must be getting the other two." he said with a light laugh. "Come on!"

Status
Not open for further replies.