The Wolf Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esme glanced over at Crescent with one eyebrow playfully raised, a silent question asking 'why are you laughing?', but her attention was almost instantly recaptured as a pinkish glow seemed to appear from the folds of space and began to move like a seal through water.
Bela laughed raucously as the pack barked with delight.
"She's good, isn't she?" the she-wolf called from her perch, earning an agreeing howl from the Demons. She turned to Sylvia and lowered her voice, though it lost none of its charged energy. "Go on - show us more!"

Crescent managed to calm herself, turning to watch the glowing display weave its way across the sky, eyes shining with her happiness to view it. She leaned slightly into Esme as a chilly wind blew.
Sylvia smiled. Despite herself, Bela and the Demons' bloodthirsty enthusiasm was spreading to her. Turning her attention to the front, she lifted her paw and tilted it downwards, causing the left radius on the wolf to snap. The wolf himself collapsed a little more onto his side, letting out another howl of pain.

Sebastian opened his eyes, stirring but cautious not to wake Difference as warm sunlight streamed through the trees. He squinted blue eyes, surveying the scene as his heart fluttered in his chest. Difference was curled against him, dark fur against blonde as he shifted, murmuring something in response to Sebastian's movement. It was days like this, when the weather was soft and light, when he could feel the rise and fall of the leader sleeping next to him, that Sebastian loved. It seemed as though the leader's erratic behaviour had significantly calmed since Osiris had left once and for all to Sky Pack. They'd made their peace ( apparently ), and now the dark wolf ceased to mention the shadow wolf anymore. Sebastian had sensed that Difference's obsession with the other wolf could only bring trouble, and like most things, he had been right.
Yes, the dark wolf was better off without rivals or enemies... Although there seemed to be so many of them. Difference was not particularly popular in the forest when it came to other wolves, and some talked about over-throwing or rebelling against the leader that caused so much destruction. Every day the wolf's land seemed to expand, and rumours spread quickly in the forest. Most were about the leader's sanity, or his constantly shifting temper. Rival packs could be vicious when it came to any information about the powerful leader.
Sometimes there were days when Difference hardly spoke to anyone, hardly ate, and other days the leader was as animated and as optimistic as a pup again. It was hard to determine how Difference would react to certain things, so Sebastian often tried to be as helpful and as supportive as he could. Like the other night, when Sylvia had left.
" 'Bastian? " The blonde wolf's thoughts snapped back to reality as he looked down, Difference offering a sleepy smile to the guard.
" Mornin'. " A large paw smoothed black fur sticking upwards over ears, tender affection making the smaller wolf hum quietly.

Mephistopheles nodded, stepping backwards to allow the leader to leap down to join the bloodthirsty celebration. He cast one glance to the new accepted demon, Sylvia, and heard another cry of pain resound through the pack. Flinching away from the scene, he took the leader's leave as a cue for his own exit, and began to pad away, away from the raucous laughter and pack excitement that made his bood boil with want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esme subconsciously pressed back into Crescent's touch, seeking the warmth and affection there. Above them both, the lights weaved and danced, casting technicolour shadows across their pelts.
Bela gave an appreciative hiss, flaring her toes and watching as the wolf suddenly spat out a few teeth.
"You can finish him off," she said to Sylvia, eyes bolting and nearly mad. "It's the best welcome gift this pack could give."

Crescent smiled, welcoming the warmth from Esme to accompany her watching the night sky. She was glad she'd agreed to bring her friend up here.
Sylvia nodded. She examined the wolf. Part of her wanted to snap the spine, but there was still a chance the wolf would live. Instead she flicked a paw, and his head rotated round so his chin was facing skyward and ears facing the floor in such a sharp motion his neck snapped with a loud, resounding crack.

A soft appreciative hum came from the leader as Sebastian ran his paws through black fur, straightening it and smoothing curled and knotted tufts. " What's the plan today, boss? " Difference raised his eyebrows and smiled, a newfound energy in him as he clapped his paws. " We're bagging ourselves a demon, 'Bastian. "
The blonde wolf gave him a questioning look, hugging the leader closer to his body, feeling the chill of the morning air ghost through him. " Eh? "
" Blasted demons have been getting too close to our borders. They're getting desperate. Most of Idemoni's twin tribe haven't been getting nearly enough souls this winter. Which means they might be tempted to go after our wolves. Which could be a problem. "
" But I thought we were trying to make friends with the demons to get them to go after Sky Pack...? "
" They can't. There's a barrier, apparently. And the crafty bastards hardly ever leave their protected borders. I found it out from Enoch. "
Sebastian nodded, hearing the renowned pack spy's name mentioned. " So, making friends with them isn't going to work. We have to get them off our borders first. " The guard was beginning to understand pieces of the leader's plan, slowly but surely.
" Yes. Exactly. Now, warm me up will you? I'm freezing. " The blonde wolf shook his head at the wolf's demands, but nevertheless complied.

Bela's sharp intake of breath preceded a huge surge of howling praise as the mortal dropped to the ground, lifeless. Adrenaline coursed through her veins and her grin was all teeth. Her eyes were two pits of joyful red madness. Around them the Demons' raucous noise became impossibly louder as a fresh, trembling wolf was pushed into the ring, and now it was a free-for-all. They leapt on her, some hanging back only to harness power from the New Moon and twist bones with their minds. It was chaos, but an addictive sort, and Bela was hopelessly hooked.
The night seemed to breathe around them as the lights danced across the sky, caressing the trees and weaving slowly by one another, vivid greens with luminous purples and soft apple reds. It put her almost into a trance and she swayed to the beat of silent music, never quite shifting out of touch with Crescent. For now, she could allow her stress and worry and grief to dissolve, and be consumed by peace and warmth.

Last edited:
Sylvia watched with a mixture of awe and horror as she stood and watched the pit occur. She decided to let this one pass, and wait for the next one while she processed exactly what was happening.
Crescent smiled, allowing herself to sway along with Esme as she watched the night sky's endless dance. She felt much more relaxed here, disconnected from the rest of the world, like it was her own little platform to enjoy the beauty that nature had granted her. She'd spent centuries sitting upon this ledge watching these displays, but somehow bringing up the wolf that now sat entranced next to her brought back the childish joy she'd found the first few lifetimes she'd sat and watched them. And once again, she found herself enraptured by the silent dance that played out in the night sky above her.

Mephistopheles let out a soft sigh, wings fluttering as his sight adjusted to the trail ahead, lighter greens flashing in his peripheral vision as the darkness of the path to Idemoni tribe began to fade. His ambers eyes followed the marks in the earth made by animals and wolves over time, each making prints in the dirt as they went about daily business. He bit his lip, eyebrows furrowed in thought.
I'm not strong. Bloody Apollyon. Fuck it. I'll leave it to the brutes. They can run themselves.
The demon bowed his head, feeling his head throb, an ominous warning that a migraine was coming on. He stopped, however, when he walked straight into a pink wall of fur. The demon stumbled backwards, falling over a log in the process as he yelped in surprise. There was a pause, and then the pink wall snapped into action.
" Shit! Sorry. Here, lemme help you. " Came the apologetic purr, as a paw came into view. He took the hand wearily, pulling himself up to look into the eyes of the presumably female she wolf. He blinked, her defined features unfolding before him, and he stepped backwards at her grinning smile.
" You're a demon. " She pointed out, her expression going from amused to surprised in an instant. To convey her point, she jabbed a claw in the general direction of his horns.
Mephistopheles took the defensive stance, craning his head to look at his surroundings. " You summoned me. " He said blankly, staring at the entrance of a pack he wasn't familiar with. One minute he was walking back to his own pack, the next he was standing in the shadow of two large gates. Yup. Summoning, if done correctly, could do that to you.
Daunting sensed his slightly confrontational tone, and shrugged. " I didn't actually think it would work. " Her over exaggerated gestures made him narrow his eyes. Just another vain she wolf wanting to trade her life force for something trivial, then. Sometimes he wished he had better mortals to put up with than the regular abundance of stupid ones.
" Me and Difference got to talking, and he bargained that if I summoned a sexy demon he'd hunt me some fresh salmon, since it's the season for that kind of thing anyway, plus, I freaking love salmon when I get the time to hunt for it, and who turns down free food anyway right? So-"

Mephistopheles raised an eyebrow, " So someone bribed you with food to summon a demon? "
Daunting shrugged, pink fur fluffing around her shoulders. " Basically. " Mortals really were stupid.
The horned demon quickly tired of the conversation, amber eyes darting to the side. " Look, " He sighed. " What do you want? "
The she wolf smiled, and looped an arm around the demon, admiring his horns. " It's not what I want, darling. It's what the boss wants. " The demon flinched away from her casual touch, letting out an abrupt snarl.
"Do you know who I am?" He hissed, baring teeth.
Daunting, undeterred, shook her head. " Nope. But, you're a demon right? Difference wasn't so specific about what he really wanted, but he said if a demon was summonable, then it's a powerful one. " She flashed him a grin, prodding him in the chest, walking like a shark circling it's prey. It put the demon's teeth on edge. If anything, it should be this mortal who was afraid of him. He sensed her soul, flitting around her chest like a nervous butterfly. But unlike the sweet scent that usually guided him, this soul was tarnished. Covered in wicked sin enough to repel him. No, there was no use taking it.
" Listen here, she wolf, if you think-"
Daunting whistled, interrupting him. " Boys?"

Status
Not open for further replies.