The Wishing Tree (OOC/Signups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to keep the post short it's late here. I hope this moves it along a bit. I also made a assumption about her hunger and eyes if you don't mind. I also kept it open so you can always ignore her if you want to move along a bit faster.

Appearance:
2dT93TQ.jpg

Name: Gravel Pwent (Just goes by Pwent)
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Strengths:
  • Very Scrappy, always seems to have a way out for every vice.
  • Tactical Genius, has amazing foresight and continually plans ahead.
  • Demolitions Expert, has spent years crafting and perfecting the art of BOOM. He has many types of chemical, incendiary, tactical, and gaseous charges and booby traps available to him.
  • Little Leaguer, has impeccable aim with his bare hands.
  • Sturdy, he's made more than a few mistakes in his craft. He'll likely be taking many more.
Weaknesses:
  • No filter, is very abrasive and often says offensive or hurtful things whether he means to or not.
  • Constantly broke, spends too much money on bomb making gear, booby trap supplies, and test material for new types of explosives and often forgets to buy food or shelter.
  • Hot blooded, has a short fuse and will blow up on others (;P). Will get frustrated walk away from situations that frustrate him (on a good day).
  • Paranoid, will often spend time and resources on things he perceives as threats.
Weapon: Has little training with most types of weapons, he carries a small mace that he uses for self protection. He will use the other supplies he has in a pinch; rope, scissors, twine, metal shards, etc.
Wish: TO BLOW THAT DAMN TREE SKY HIGH!
Other:

Bio: Grew up in a dwarven colony at the base of the wishing tree. Being a hardy race, they never bothered much with the tree and its magic. Once its secrets spread to lands far and wide his tribe became wildly successful, acting as a pioneer town for all the travelers. Once violence broke out, his family, friends, and tribe was caught in the onslaught and either slain or scattered. Pwent blamed the tree for the loss of his serene life. Seeing the destructive power of munitions during the violence, he believes that to be the destructive force necessary to destroy the tree that damned his home. After the tree sent its denizens away he studied for years to return to the tree and make sure he's the catalyst for its fiery end.

Note: I really the premise of this RP. Going through the other submissions, I don't see very many antagonists and I hope you like this guy. I really enjoyed making him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just say I love that character

Reactions: 2 people
Well, he's a very interesting character... A mountain dwarf living near a tree, it's definitely interesting to say the least. Though, I don't think you'll like what I have planned for your character's home... Anyway, @Dexraman accepted. I'm sure most people will not like Pwent's intentions, but what's the fun in liking everything?

I intend for him to keep it secret all the way there. Piggy backing off others when he can and "disposing" of those who pose too much of a threat. He's not supposed to be liked anyways. He's an antagonist. :P

Just a note, you're not allowed to kill anyone without permission.

I know I know. By dispose, I mean knock out of commission or knock far far out of my way. Hopefully we get enough people with dual characters that Pwent can be an actual villian and not a glorified Team Rocket. If we have multiple people with more than one character, a death would mean that a death wouldn't knock them out of the game and give the story some serious tension.

Honestly, that's not really something I was aspiring for when I made this rp. I made it as more of a coming of age story for these characters. I'd love to see them grow, develop, and live through these troubles, but over all succeed. Some people don't like having more than one character at a time, others just want to see different stories with their characters. I don't want them to have that taken away unless they are absolutely sure they don't like playing that character. I'm probably way too sensitive to this, but I don't think the story needs that much drama in it. It's already got a vampire who doesn't want to eat, a few characters uncomfortable around other races, a naga who is probably missing his lover, a fox girl who is cursed, and a whole lot of other problems that these characters will need to deal with. Not to mention the possible monster fights (I didn't put weapons there for no reason), mobs of people, the prince, dear God, the prince is going to be a piece of work, let me tell you!

It's great that you want that in your character, but I want this to be a little more light-hearted than just having characters killed off.

I getcha, I can work an Artemis Fowl with a vendetta. It won't be a problem.

I getcha, I can work an Artemis Fowl with a vendetta. It won't be a problem.

Why don't you make your own extra character to kill? It would still create the affect :) Just a suggestion to keep everyone happy because Owl has a point. And btw Owl, thanks for mentioning my character c:

@The Writing Owl and everyone else...
I will be absent from Iwaku from July 6-22 and will not be able to post or even look at posts during this time, as I will be out of the country. I will be sure to post here when I return.

Just letting everyone know :) And feel free to use my characters in any way that keeps the story moving along, although I do at least expect them to still be alive when I return. :)))

I'm sorry guys if some of you feel this rp is too slow or fast, I'm trying to make sure that people have time to post, and I'm glad that some of you are super excited to play, and etc, but some people are only available once a week so I'm trying to keep it easy to follow.

Otherwise, I'm working on a post right now so if any of you need something to interact with or an npc to appear or anything, I can try to make that happen. Just let me know!

It's not "too slow" it's just a slower Rp. I don't mind it, I was just saying we aren't gonna ignore someone because it's slow anyway, we don't have to leave anyone out!

True, I'm happy that it's active. Most of the RP I join die out soon after.

Also quick notice, I really want to post but I don't know what to write. Yes, I can make Ledinia give a reaction on the fleeing vampire. But what then? So for now I will wait it out.

Me as well. There isn't really much else the group in the woods can do unless somebody steps in.

Well what exactly is happening in the woods and stuff?

@Lyrical Machine

The characters in the woods are Ledinia, Yuki, Callie, Farren, and Kassie (the vampire), who is fleeing the scene. Yuki is injured from getting away from a crowd of drunks, Ledinia is attempting to help Yuki, as well as Callie and Farren. Kassie is getting away.

As of now, no activity is really happening. Yuki is hostile and refuses help, and Kassie is gone, so nothing can really be done.

I wasn't going to stay and eat the informant because yo we need to know where the tree is.

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I feel like I wasn't given enough in the last post to make a decent entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.