The Wishing Tree (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please link me to IC so I can see how far along you guys are? I don't want to butt in if there isn't a logical place to do so.

kimono_red_eyes_pale_skin_black_hair_1280x800_10860.jpg Appearance: Thin, short (5'2") and pale. Long, dark black hair that's straight. Dark circles under her eyes and a sunken face, she almost looks sickly.
Name: Kassie LeDuere
Race: Vampire
Strengths: Speed, though she does not enjoy fighting (and isn't rather good at it) she is very practiced in dodging attacks, situations, and people in general for that matter. Can see quite well in the dark.
Weaknesses: The sun, blood, wooden stakes. (Holy water and crosses are useless, only myth. As is sleeping in coffins.)
Weapons and gear: Keeps a black parasol with her at all times, which she hooks on to her belt during the night. Has a knife, but it was her fathers and is quite dull. Keeps Black gloves in her back pocket. She wears a long-sleeved black top and deep green jeans with boots. (Things to cover her body.)

Uh, uh, uh... Is this okay?

Looks good. No wish? Not even a reason for going after the tree? Otherwise, @Kitty you're accepted. Though, I'm not entirely sure if jeans have been invented yet because this is placed at a time before guns were invented. Guns were invented in 1260 and jeans in 1873. Just a bit of a nitpicky thing, sorry. Here's the link, though the first post also has a link to the IC thread.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-wishing-tree.54718/

It's just pants, I don't really mean jeans. I just don't know what they are called. They are a thicker material but they are like this greenish brownish shade. I tried to Google it. I'm not sure if those were invented by then either. They hold a kind of rough look what jeans look like. I'm not sure. I can't find it.
But anyway, I don't plan on making my character wear a dress regardless of time period.
They are just pants. I wish I could explain them better.

And there is a wish but revealing it now makes the character boring.

Okay. I'm okay with you just calling them pants. If you wanna rock out without a dress, I'm cool with that. Though, I doubt that revealing your wish will necessarily make your character boring, you do what you want.

I'm curious about how your vampiracy works exactly. How does one become a vampire? Is it through bite? Is it purely genetic? Can one get bitten but avoid vampiracy? Can you drink blood from animals too or just humans? Can you get by without drinking all of the blood from a human? There are a lot of different vampires in legends so I'm curious what your vampire is like.

Pretty regular vampire except I want to give a little meaning behind some of the rumors. Obviously holy water and crosses are rumor because vampires are not demon, and religions vary. Garlic is offensive because of it's heavy scent, and with a strong sense of smell for finding blood Vampire's find it extra offensive. It is through bite, a vampire female cannot support birth so there is no genetic predisposition. That being said! There is a genetic predisposition if you are very susceptible to vampire bites. Meaning if the venom (saliva) is to get into the body through say, a hand, some may be able to cut off their hand before it spreads to the rest of their body. Others the turning is slower, and probably much more painful because of the slowness. But it all depends, every change is different because everyone's chemical makeup is different. Those who are ill with weak hearts will simply die in the process, you have to be healthy enough for your body to fight to live through death. Kassie had a best friend with a deadly illness and decided to turn her to save her, and learned the hard way of that. Also the Vampire must have enough strength to stop and not kill the person themselves. Which is difficult not their half. Kassie can get by not drinking blood for a long period of time but will become weak. Humans can last 40 or so days without eating (a healthy one anyway), Kassie can survive maybe 50-60. You may consider her a vampire with an eating disorder because she does not like to kill, but she fights in her head because her body wants to stay alive. Much like an anorexic but they are not the same, obviously. Animal blood can be substituted to a point, but it's like picking berries and leaves to eat off the forest floor, while a human is a meal. It's an unpleasant flavor that takes a lot more of to completely fill you.

Anyway, I'm kinda going with mostly traditional with a twist I suppose.

Yeah, we're still open.

Awesome! I'll have my forms filled out in a few minutes!

Name:
  • Aspen Windrunner
  • As an elf, Aspen ages different than other species. Her appearance appears much younger than her age. She is 57 years old, yet appearance wise; in her early twenties. She is considered a young elf.
Race:
  • Night elf
Strengths:
  • Very agile and swift, Aspen relies mostly on her speed and wits. She is a fast thinker and always has a plan B.
Weaknesses:
  • Aspen can be very forgetful. She isn't ignorant, but pays too much attention to one thing to consider others. With her small frame, there isn't much strength.
Weapon:
  • Far ranged: Bow and arrows
  • Meelee: daggers and poisons
  • Assistance: A Night Saber named Lansing
Wish:
  • Aspen isn't sure what she wants yet
Other:
  • Aspen lives in the forests of Aliana at a camp alone with her Night Saber, Lansing. She doesn't much enjoy the other species, scared of being unaccepted.
10501511_716316548414342_1163145090_n.jpg

10421580_716926771686653_6248582593271605329_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I havent replied much in the thread I have been unexpectedly busy, but im here now.

@Azzy Oh yeah, I've been meaning to respond in the positive about the inn thing. My bad! For reference, Sudarshan arrived at the inn two evenings ago and has been holed up in his room since then, save for the outing to the tavern today, so if you wanted to have one or both of our characters recognize each other by sight, that's the only time those are the only two times they could've seen each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FiliaFlammae well she is kinda holed up in her room right now. Probably gonna start coming up with ideas on how to dispose of the body >.> So I dunno how we'd do this. I mean...she could totally be seen in the hallways dragging a dead corpse around. She wouldnt really care, but that would be a bit stupid, and she's clever, so she'll probably begin the dissolving process in her bathtub. XD I dunno how you'd like to do this.

@Azzy If she's busy, that's fine, they don't have to run into each other immediately. I just thought it was worth it to give them a chance to bump into each other at some point, maybe the next morning. If we want to get them interacting soon, though, Sudarshan could taste the scent of blood in the air when he gets back to the inn and follow it to the source out of curiosity.

@FiliaFlammae I like the latter. He could smell the blood. There would be plenty of it considering she uses blodd magic, and the other guy is dead.

No one has really posted too much, when the RP picks up more you'll probably get a partner

Status
Not open for further replies.