The Wishing Tree (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for Overcast to post with Draso so I can post for Daelin, otherwise he'd be in the forest too.

I can't really make a Gerome post 'cause all I can really say is "ouch that hurt". He doesn't go looking to pick fights with random people unless it's seriously justified, so it would be out of character for him to get defensive on either his own or Aspen's behalf.

So yeah, I'm kind of stuck here too.

Edit: And that was before I went and actually read the new posts. I'll figure something out.

Last edited:
As can already be seen, I have an insane penchant for coming up with side characters. I hope this is fine. I promise - Vito will appear in a speaking role soon. It's just as fodder while I catch my footing, since trying to write an allegedly "extremely intelligent" character makes me consider so many things beforehand - the level of choreography, in my opinion, needs to be very carefully planned out. I'll see what I can do.

Also, new faces are always awesome, and a crazy dwarf among them? Sweet! Also, the sight of Gerome is pushing me to create a recurring villain (an idea I can thank Dexraman), another Henshin Hero (because two armored guys fighting is always awesome). Is this plausible in the future, by any chance?

Lastly, @tathgon , don't you go anywhere, a'ight?

EDIT : @Lilpuff ? I'm pretty sure in her last post it was stated that Yuki is now out cold.

2ND EDIT : Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. That irresistible urge again. 2nd character incoming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:
Name: Sai Montora
Race: human
Strengths: his bond with his halberd
Weaknesses: his anger
Weapon: halberd
Wish: to bring back his brother who died in battle
Other: he likes to fight people who look strong

Everything looks great! I'll be posting later today, I'm in tow on a mobile. I'll try to move things along a bit in town once I get back to my keyboard.

Appearance:
(picture pending)
The first thing you'd notice on Julius is the black patch that covers his right eye. A long scar extends upwards from beneath the patch, cutting through his brow and ending on the center of his forehead and at the tip of his scalp. Another scar resides on his left cheek, cutting slightly into the dorsum nasi. He has short-cut blond hair, slicked back, and grazed sideburns. His eyes are a dark yellowish-brown, and he carries a perfect (actually refitted) set of teeth.
Name:
Julius Van Helsing
Race:
Human(?)
Strengths:
Strange Body - Julius possesses a physiology that resembles humans, but not completely. For one, his strength, endurance, and speed greatly surpasses normal humans. He also possesses enhanced senses, which for one, allow him better performance in low visibility such as during night-time. There is something to his blood that is off. Sometimes, it gives off a relatively strong scent reminiscent of gunpowder. Sometimes, it appears normal. Julius' fingernails can change their properties - it can harden and extend to be used as lethal blades. He uses his fingernails to extract blood off of fresh corpses. Julius is capable of regenerating from any type of wound that does not directly damage his brain or spinal bone column. He can eat and drink like any other human, and is much more resistant to poison and drugs than a normal human is.

Charming Papyrus - Julius is capable of the art of using magic themed around paper, such as creating paper familiars, using paper to directly attack the enemy, or to seal an enemy's movements. He can also see, hear, and speak through paper charms, and has stationed a great number of them across the woods surrounding Loria. By inscribing a relatively-high level sigil, he is capable of opening a gateway to summon a number of weapons and equipments to his side. Though, he really only uses most of them for their magical and elemental affinities.
Weaknesses:
Sensory Overload - Julius is especially susceptible to bright flashes and loud sounds, and has for a long time avoided public places or going out in bright weather completely. Though he is more adjusted now, to the point of being able to enjoy daytime festivals to a degree, he can still be incapacitated by a sudden outburst of sound or light. Somewhat less important should be that he is rendered uncomfortable by strong smells, be they supposedly pleasant or otherwise.
Elemental Failure - Certain types of metal, or any metal but charged with electricity or heated to a high temperature inflicts a greater amount of damage to his body. They may also render his regeneration null, either temporarily... or permanently. Some wounds inflicted this way may have to heal normally, leaving a scar behind in most cases.
Vexing Vertigo - Julius cannot tolerate being at high points for too long. Eventually, it'll reduce his legs to jell-o.
Weapon:
Besides using his bare hands and extended fingernails to fight, Julius also makes use of his paper magic, magical sigils, and weapons stored within an armory somewhere in Loria in combat. He summons these weapons through the paper.
Wish:
None at the time.

---
I have no idea what came over me, but this felt like fun. Besides, I think Kassie could use a hug somewhere down the road.

I'm glad this is still alive and kickin'! Shame it's a bit slow now, but I'm sure it'll pick up with time. For the record, I'm waiting on @Azzy to post again.

@The Writing Owl, did the prince get a room downstairs or upstairs? That'll affect when/if he runs into Sudarshan, Asterii, or both.

Sorry, I really wanted to make my post longer but this is the only time I'll be home today and I wanted to get something done to keep the RP moving.

@Cambridge Hazard Van Helsing is accepted, though I see you already posted with him.

@FiliaFlammae he'd probably be upstairs, I think.

@Riopop accepted, except your image is broken.

@The Writing Owl Great. I'm tempted to write Sudarshan noticing him brush past in the upstairs hallway in my next post, unless you would rather write Alexei doing that first, maybe after Asterii answers the door...?

@Cambridge Hazard I see that you too have the curious condition known as "Alt-itis" that causes us to create mounds upon mounds of characters, PCs or no. I would have created another explosives guy (a character I have in my repository) to duo alongside Pwent but then that would mean I'd be breaking my "two characters to an RP" rule I set for myself after creating nearly 10 simultaneous characters in a previous RP, half of which ended up not doing anything relevant.

If you are tempted to write it, go ahead and write it, Filia. I just don't want to leave Asterii at the door, wondering where the hell that knocking came from before going back to finish up with her body disposal.

@solReaper I'm glad you have that rule, because there is an actual rule of only two characters per person right in the first post. :)

I meant I'd wait for Asterii, sorry if it sounded like I was getting impatient. Wasn't my intention!

No, no, it's fine! You just sound excited is all. :)

omg sorry guys.

It's fine, @Azzy things happen. :)

It's totally fine! I know I took a while to get to writing my own reply.

AndSudarshan'sprofilepiciscomingsoonishIswear

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with my post, I just had a burst of inspiration and had to act on this most rare of events

Castle looks like this, interior looks like this, minus all the obvious modern amenities like electricity (unless that exists in this time)

Edit: Also, I tried to keep it as vague as possible so Getzanu can insert himself into the group if he so desires.

Edit 2: The castle is set at the edge of the main forest near Loria. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone wanted to integrate with Gerome's group after they went through the portal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.