The Wishing Tree (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Writing Owl Yes, that was a liberty that I immensely regretted. If anything, I was prepared to make him just a recurring ally of sorts, and would've served to introduce Vito in this one particular instance, to which afterwards he'd probably be stuck in Loria for reasons while she was the one to go adventuring.

@solReaper I understand the risks such an endeavor would entail, but seeing as my life dream is to (and I'm being perfectly honest and sincere here) write up a completely canon sequel that welds together at least 13 of the stories I already have outlined, I intend to face that challenge one day anyway. Some of the first things I'll have to learn is to completely and utterly let go of the status quo... and any semblance of plot armor, however... I'll have you know, that can be painful. But I digress.

@Kitty I imagined a short confrontation, but suppose it'd be great to test out some form of combat in this RP as a meanwhile refresher. I'm not 100% sure yet, but Julius might be getting a communique from his master, and he'd tag with Yuki for it (or the prince). This was never Vito's intentions in the first place, so the variation still remains. The way I imagined it, Julius would want Kassie to tag along as well, because he has... properties... that should be helpful to her as a vampire (it is literally what he was built for).

• Thank You
Reactions: The Writing Owl
Is this still accepting?~ :3

It's pretty much always accepting, @Lizzy. By the way, I like your name. My name's Elizabeth IRL so it's nice to see other Liz's in the world.

@Cambridge Hazard I am probably the least skilled sparring person in the universe. I am too passive, I don't like butting in and I don't like being OP, so I'm pretty weak with it for the record. So just a warning. But I don't want to know all your intentions. I'm just going to go through the RP and see how it goes. :]

I'm home early and already working on a post :D This is my first RP on this site and it's really enjoyable so far. Sorry @solReaper ;-; I feel like Pwent will be stepping on a lot of toes as this moves forward. I've never played a character where being a total arse is expected, so I can't tell if my interactions are being enjoyable are not. I'm trying to make Pwent less serious since a good number of the characters seem to be the non-jokey kind.

Umm... @Riopop I don't think you quite get the idea of the rp... or where the actual thread is. One, your character probably doesn't know where the tree is... Two, this is the OOC thread. This is where we chat and sign up for the thread, not where we post. If you want to just jump into a roleplay, I suggest the Jump In threads. Also, if you need to find the link to the IC thread. It's in the first post. :)

@The Writing Owl, thanks! Lizzy is just a nickname a friend gave me after finding out my middle name was Elizabeth and they haven't called me anything else since. I'll be making a character shortly. (>w<)

Appearance: IMG_20140702_010536.jpg
Name: Ginseng "Yukio" Taro
Race: human
Strengths:
-He can fight, though not too well.
- He can use a sword pretty well, and daggers to if needed.
-He's a little distant from most.
Weaknesses:
-He can become a little...."clingy" once he becomes good friends with someone.
-He's rarely ever serious, and can get on others nerves unintentionally.
-He can easily break things without meaning to.
Weapon: a dagger and a sword
Wish: He doesn't have one at the moment.

Other/history: He prefers to be called Yukio, a nickname he got as a child (it means: gets what he wants), by family only. His mother died giving birth to him and his father died when he was only four months old. His uncle, a crazy man, and his wife raised Ginseng since then, giving him the nickname Yukio as a young child. If he's ever needed for some sort of undercover mercenary type job (which probably won't ever happen) he'll most likely use his nickname.

(Hope this is good! Not how I really wanted it, but whatever. :P)

He's definitely interesting! Is he still living with his uncle and aunt? Or is he travelling on his own to become a 'real' man or something like that? Or maybe he's travelling with his aunt and uncle? Either way, @Lizzy Accepted.

He's traveling on his own. Due to his uncle's....mental health, it probably wouldn't be good for him to travel with Ginseng. So his aunt made his uncle stay at home? Did that help at all? XD

Sounds good! You can post at any time.

So, what's happened so far??....(o3o)

So far all the action is centered around Loria, anyone who isn't in Loria is in the woods outside of town. There was a riot through the streets chasing the informant, the one person who knows the location of the wishing tree.

Thanks. ('w')

There's only 4 pages atm, it's not too big a read if you want something more in-depth :F

Oh, the old man can help you with that!

---​

The siblings Callie and Farren are at the woods at the edge of their farm, with an unconscious Yuki (the masked woman), and the fox-shifter Ledinia to boot. They just escaped the mob of townspeople who'd wanted to get to know where the Wishing Tree is with the help of the Ranger, Knight, Getzanu, and the native with a bow. The militia arrived there and then and dispersed most of the crowd (if not all).

Guild Ranger Daelin is with Bronze Knight Draso (an old friend) at the Smokey Oak tavern, still engaging in conversation after the mob incident.

Gerome is out cold in a warehouse at the edge of town, with the elf Aspen and her pet saber Lansing (as well as the immortal, Getzanu) in tow. He just opened a portal to his castle... err, 'residence'. They just got out of a near-scuffle with a gang of thugs led by a Tauren, no thanks to Pwent (who blew up a smoke bomb in the Tauren's face).

The prince, Alexei has just arrived at the Red Dragon Inn along with a vassal (Lukas), where the naga Sudarshan is upstairs, knocking at the door to the blood-magus Asterii's room over the blood-scent of a recent kill of hers.

Vampire Kassie has just fed, and is wandering the woods in the hopes of not running into the group and to find shelter at the same time.

Pwent, the dwarfen pyromaster, is inside... an inn. Which one, I'm not particularly sure. He's asleep, after having narrowly escaped a brawl in the streets earlier.

Julius is about to hunt Kassie down, and Vito is somewhere.

---​

I think he got everyone. Everyone who's posted, at least. Also, Reaper, "Cone of Cold"?

Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
@Cambridge Hazard As excellent a summary as I could not have done.

I think he got everyone. Everyone who's posted, at least. Also, Reaper, "Cone of Cold"?

Classic.

In my defense I used World of Warcraft for that particular inspiration :P

I think I get it. Thanks guys. I would read the pages, but not atm. (^3^)

Status
Not open for further replies.