FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
The elves had always been an extremely strong political presence in the surface of Adrana. From the beginning, they were created as a superior race to all others. They were blessed by the divines, and were meant to lead the world in science and magic. However, not all elves thought this way. Some refused to abide by this path, and refused to worship the Old Gods. They were deemed as blasphemers and were marked by a powerful curse that would brand them and their children as blasphemous in the eyes of the Old Gods. This curse caused these elves to become immediately recognizable, with dark skin and stark white hair. It was a strong ritual that was only kept for the worst of the criminals. They were then tossed away into a place that was a fitting punishment for those who rejected the Old Gods.

The Underdark. A vast, crawling space of vile creatures no man dare to set eyes upon. Those of the surface feared this place of darkness and evil. For many ages, they had kept that evil at bay. The creatures of the Underdark stayed in their hovels, while the surface thrived. The surface dwellers used the Underdark as a prison, casting away all manner of people who rejected the Gods. It was a way to lock up the undesirables of the surface of Adrana. It was said to have been the realm of the God of Death himself.

Those elven prisoners who were sent to the Underdark, however, adapted quite well as the centuries passed. Their eyes adapted to the lack of light, and they became formidable at fighting the monsters that lurked beneath. These elves became known as the Drow. They were forever changed after their curse and adaption to the depths. Their long life was shortened, due to their lack of medicines and healing magics, but they became vicious fighters and masters of the vile corners of arcane magic. They were hated creatures of the darkness, and were shunned on the surface. Those who successfully managed a life on the surface were ridiculed and attacked. There was a great prejudice towards Drow, one that nearly every surface dwellers hated.

However, a race scorned for so long tends to hate their oppressors. So happened with the Drow. After centuries of colonizing the Underdark, and making their own society and armies, they are ready to take back the surface. Now, the Drow mobilize their armies in an act of war against the surface, to attack those who once banished them. Led by their queen, Lady Mayarra Aleanviir, they gather at the entrance to the Underdark. They are ready to strike at the heart of the surface, and become the true masters of the lands once and for all.

Reactions: OnI6470
Okay, so this is gonna be a big RP, just gonna put that right out there. I want to put it into a clan, so it stays a little easier to maintain and keep in an area. But this is gonna be BIG. Just thought I'd tell you again. Like, I'm making an entire world for this place. I'm adding races and making the gods, and it's just gonna be huge in scale. If that scares you away, please move on.

This will also hopefully end with one side winning. Which side will win? That's up to you guys. I might put some dice rules into it, but I'm not sure yet, depends on what people want. But I expect people to make really fitting characters who add a lot to the theme. I'm not going to railroad everyone into following a specific plot, this will be an adventure for all of us. I'm just here to make sure we don't go flying off the road into a ditch.

That being said, that opening intro is a kind of WIP. That's what happened, the info is correct, but I may add other things. If you are interested in this at all, feel free to start some plotting, because I'm just giving you guys the canvas. I need you to splatter some paint on it. It is roughly based on dungeons and dragons lore, but you don't need to know anything about D&D or Pathfinder, I intend on making it very easy to follow, but still, there will be a lot of information to read. Prepare of a dump.

The starting place is currently unknown, so let me know if you have any thoughts.

So! Who wants to fight in a war?

I will now take any questions.

Love your setting, but need to ask, do you have any posting expectations?, frequency?, any prior knowledge about Pathfinder rules?

No prior knowledge on anything D&D or Pathfinder is required, and I'm pretty open to frequency and posting expectations, so long as it's not a "post a line of text once a week" kind of thing.

I'll be making a bigger intro post when I make the clan, which will explain everything a lot better than I have here. I'll be posting the map (which I am in the process of making), the races available, the pantheon, and all other important information.

Thanks, then count me in. Will be watching your updates.

Reactions: Tarieles
Status
Not open for further replies.