The Vanguard: Birth Of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eos, yellow

tumblr_lqv6kazr1Q1qj6i0ao1_500.jpg

Name: Janelle Allison Bailey (Jane or Mizz Jane to her friends and "Miss JJ if you're nasty")

Gender: Taco….with cheese on it. Tad bit of sour cream, not too much. Lots of lettuce.

Alias: Eos

Appearance: [.....Coming Soon]

Personality: With an aura that is positively radiant, Janelle seems to be a friend to all. She jokes that she'll have laugh and smile lines by the age of 20 because she does it so much.

Janelle is wholesome as pie, baby girl. "You infect everyone you touch with a smile that lingers even after you're gone." She doesn't know a stranger and probably never will. She'll show someone more concern than they might be worth and she's willing to stick her neck further out than she probably should.

She's been around Mama Jones too much because she wants to be a mother to almost everyone she meets. She's a defender until the end, almost to a fault. Sometimes she won't take no for an answer when it comes to helping someone.

Skills:
Cooking is a favorite past time of hers. She originally hated it because was always stuck with cooking for her older brothers while her mom was out on nights after Mama Jones died, which was pretty often. Good home southern cooking is her specialty and her mother has always said that when Mama Jones passed, a little of her spirit nestled with Jane, because she's always complaining that her friends don't eat enough and don't have enough strength. Despite that, she's health conscious when the time is right.

Her small frame made her the target of bullying when she was younger, but only for a couple of months before her brothers found out and decided that they would start rough-housing with her included. When Charlie, her eldest brother, started taking kick-boxing and Kenpo, she joined him for the kick-boxing. Though small, she has powerful legs. Her frame allows her to be quick and her legs allow her to get in good hits and dart out of reach. This has helped her become more aware of her surroundings. That…and the fact that Charlie is an asshole and has been consistently trying to scare her since she was old enough to walk.

Since she was young, Jane has seen beauty in almost every face. As she grew, she began asking her mother about make-up. Olivia's initial concern was sated once she saw that her daughter didn't inherently cake make-up on her face, she only applied bits of it, highlighting the best features. Since then, Jane has played around with make-up, steadily getting better and more complex. The high school drama troupe has called her in for general tutorials and more complex projects. Her friend Trisha, the founder of "Faces", the junior modeling troupe on her high school campus, has brought her on as Executive VP of the group as well.

Maybe a result or what led her to become obsessed with faces, Jane can recall a face easily. Though this is something she doesn't tell people, she can "break-down" a person's face in her mind and hone in on key features. This has helped her focus on what to cover and contour when she's caking a face.

Powers:
Photokinesis (Light Manipulation), Sound Mimicry:
Janelle houses the uncanny ability to manipulate light in various forms. Recently, it's been small things and her amazement at the ability is still fresh. She is unaware of her sound mimicry, though she's recently been able to throw her voice rather well.

Stage 1: Jane is able to produce pockets of light that hover around her. With a second of concentration, she can wave in to existence flashes of light. These flashes can temporarily disorient a person, but they don't seem to affect her. By creating numerous flashes, the eyes inherently focus on these and they serve to disorient the person. With a tad bit of concentration, she can produce alternating red blue and green flashes that disorient better and with prolonged exposure, can cause seizures.

Jane can bend light around her, making her invisible. To do so, she has to have an "anchor". Her anchor is typically her hand. By looking at her hand and concentrating, she begins to bend the light around her. She must see the process start and from there, she expands the process over her body. Movement while like this is difficult and she had to do it slowly or make small movements, so as not to disrupt her sequence.

Her sound mimicry is non-existent save for her ability to throw her voice.

Stage 2: Janelle is able to make bigger flashes and even create orbs of light to fly around her. Around this time, she's also able to completely envelope herself and make herself wholly invisible. The light has no substance or weight to it and is only a soft construct, but she's able to utilize to distract and disorient.

Movement while invisible is less of a problem, but she must still be aware of her body because there are sparse times when she'll "shimmer" and her form will be slightly noticeable. She can make another person or structure (small in scale) invisible, but only if she touches them and has started the process. The limit to the number of people or objects she can make invisible is three and they must remain still.

With a moment of concentration, Janelle is able to bend the light around an area and create a light copy of herself. This illusion can perform as Janelle does but obviously cannot interact with the physical plane. Janelle has to be careful and concentrate to make sure that the form stays consistent, so she is usually unable to move while the illusion is in play.

Jane is able to create simple geometric shapes of any color and size via illusion. From there, by focusing, she can add details and morph the shapes, but this process takes a few moments and requires a majority of her concentration.

She is also able to "steal" the light from various light-emitting sources, dimming the room, though total darkness is beyond her skills at this point.

Her sound mimicry is mainly non-existent save for her being able to "throw" her voice.

Stage 3: [Coming Soon]

Stage 4: [Coming Soon]

Back Story:

Though raised in the city, Jane was born in the country and lived there for the first five years of her life. Her mother moved to the city and became an Obstetrician gynecologist, one of the more respected ones in the city. Since her grandmother, Mama Jones, moved with them, Jane always had someone to watch out for her. Mama Jones instilled many southern traditions and mannerisms in Janelle from an early age. Becoming like a second mother, Mama Jones became one of the most important people in Jane's life.

To be completely honest, Janelle doesn't have a tragic past. There are some things in her life she'd rather not talk about, like why she moved to the city, but nothing truly traumatic. What she does have is an undying drive to help everyone around her, to live a life and leave a legacy. Because of that, she was constantly getting in to everyone's business and even had the audacity to ask her mother if she could join her and help her at work when she was only ten.

When her grandmother passed, Janelle was only 11 but understood the concept clearly and took it rather harshly. To her, she had lost her best friend and the person who had been a constant in her life.

[More to be added]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a reoccurring joke to put cooking in our skills? At least three people have it in their skill section (myself included lol). Perhaps we should open a restaurant instead of fighting crime :P

Is it a reoccurring joke to put cooking in our skills? At least three people have it in their skill section (myself included lol). Perhaps we should open a restaurant instead of fighting crime :P

We open a restaurant I get to be the bar tender!

We open a restaurant I get to be the bar tender!
Aw can't I be one too? Or I could bake all the deserts, cakes, pies, stuffs like that :P

And yes, I was starting to notice cooking was popping up more frequently nowadays xD I knew I should have gone for tailoring :P even though that makes a little less sense than cooking for my char.

Aw can't I be one too? Or I could bake all the deserts, cakes, pies, stuffs like that :P

And yes, I was starting to notice cooking was popping up more frequently nowadays xD I knew I should have gone for tailoring :P even though that makes a little less sense than cooking for my char.
Manipulating water and cooking kind of work together lol

see, matches way better than tailoring, haha, plus a dancer often needs to make her own food >.> especially in Rosetta's case XD

She charms....with her charm.

A++ would read.

Lol, that was supposed to be charisma.

Shut up, Sloff!

And honestly, I hadn't read anyone else's sheet. I just knew cooking was going to tie in to her personality and upbringing. I.E. more than just a random skill.

Lol, that was supposed to be charisma.

Shut up, Sloff!

And honestly, I hadn't read anyone else's sheet. I just knew cooking was going to tie in to her personality and upbringing. I.E. more than just a random skill.

I still think we should open a restaurant IC. "Mama J's Southern BBQ" has a ring to it.

Is.. Is that a reference to Jason?...

Because I feel like it is...

I'm waiting to hear back about my CS. Good, bad...yawn.

I may not be a GM but, I know Hilly a hella well (unfortunately), so I can give you a good rundown. Past that, you can ask either Hilly or Wraith, I give some bomb-ass critiques. But, they're legitimate critiques, going over character motivation, grammar, syntax and the like.

I may not be a GM but, I know Hilly a hella well (unfortunately), so I can give you a good rundown. Past that, you can ask either Hilly or Wraith, I give some bomb-ass critiques. But, they're legitimate critiques, going over character motivation, grammar, syntax and the like.

True story!

Hillan is likely off playing LoL or something...

Though in regards to your CS, I'm a little confused how light and oxygen are changed by being six inches tall. Oxygen molecules would still be tiny even at that size, though I can understand the gravity effect to a degree. Though part of me wants to argue it wouldn't feel all that different due to the relation between size and gravitational pull.

I wholeheartedly agree XD
Not sure if Rosetta agrees, but she'll just have to suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.