The Vanguard: Birth Of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor note, nothing major really just a spelling thingy of my char's name in the first post, my character's name is Rosetta Rain, Ondine ;)

Elemental control, and teleportation can, and are both used in non-lethal ways.

Like Finhawk, you're allowed to reapply with a new character, should you desire.

Just a minor note, nothing major really just a spelling thingy of my char's name in the first post, my character's name is Rosetta Rain, Ondine ;)

100% my fault! Will go change directly, thanks for pointing it out. ;)

Hillan said:
Finhawk, you're allowed to reapply with another character, if you'd like. Cheers.

Could I just change the powers of my character and do some edits instead? I wouldn't want all my efforts from last night to go to waste. ^^;

No worries I just happened to notice ^-^
(And how is this exactly an inflexible GM... Some worlds just have certain rules >.< And good rules make an RP good most of the time.)

• Love
Reactions: Lord Wraith
Alright, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have time for editing him at the moment but I'll get to it tomorrow. .w.

No worries! I'm pretty sure we're all easy going around here.

I'm a bit late to suggest it ,but if one wants to play a gunsligner and avoid the "lethality" issue, it's as simple as using rubber bullets or some other non-lethal rounds which may or may not even exist. It IS a tricky power set to use, depending on the expectations on how superheroes are supposed to behave and function.

So should probably drop this matter but...

I think we can all agree that we dodged a bullet.

Bum dum tish!

Here all week folks!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think the problem was guns; but rather he had the ability to make armor piercing bullets with his mind, had gun kata, frickin' bullet time, and to top it off he had limit break stuff. That's just.... yeah no. We are starting at low levels here, that's not low level with that many powers.

I think I might be interested in this one...possibly have a character concept...need to do some more thinking on it.

So should probably drop this matter but...

I think we can all agree that we dodged a bullet.

Bum dum tish!

Here all week folks!

tumblr_lpbsycY3Sy1r0mokto1_r1_500.gif

Get Out. <3

Hmm, well I guess I'll need a character establishing moment then.

I'll go check it out in a moment

Alright, here goes. :d

mohawk_by_llama1981.jpg

Name: Jonathan Lee

Nickname(s): John, Johnny or Johnny-boy (which he kind of hates.)

Alias: Leech

Appearance: Jonathan Stands about 185 cm tall (6'1'') and weights 76 kgs (168 lbs). He has dark blue eyes that may or may not look completely black in the right lighting and quite the pale skin. He's usually seen running around slightly unshaven and his mohawk unkempt. As for clothing, Jonathan usually wears worn out black jeans or cargo pants with few rips in them accompanied by a black or possibly blue or green T-shirt. On top of the shirt, he tends to wear a green hoodie which actually looks more like grey nowadays. On his feet, Johnny wears a pair of combat boots that have seen better days. As for his costume, Jonathan might come up with something later but for now he just pulss his hood up.

Personality: Jonathan pretty much wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't try to hide his emotions. Unfortunately he also acts according to his emotions as well, reason plays very little part in his train of thought. He's also quickly angered, usually acts without thinking and might jump into conclusions before even hearing the full story. Despite his hasty tendencies, Johnny can be patient in case he feels like it. Which he usually doesn't.

Skills:
Art: Johnny's pretty talented at drawing and painting although he prefers just quick sketching with a ballpoint pen.

Music: Johnny knows his way around various Instruments but he has always favored guitar. He can also sing quite well but he'd rather not admit that to anyone as he sees it embarrassing.

Powers: Feed on life energy
His power consists of being able to drain others from their life energy to strengthen himself. However, for Jonathan to be able to do that, he needs to come to skin contact with his 'victim'. also, he can't just suck all the energy from you in a sec, it takes a while. Draining on person of all their life energy takes about a minute or so.
By absorbing the life energy of his opponents, Jonathan's own physical capabilities increase slightly. There's an improvement in his strenght, speed and endurance although it's only a small one and won't even reach the top athlete level. Along with his improved physical abilities, Johnny will also heal faster depending on the amount of life energy he has absorbed. This, however, is limited to small flesh wounds, he isn't capable of restoring broken bones or healing internal bleeding along with other more severe injuries.
There's also an addicting side effect to his power. It's like a drug, the more you use it, the more you crave it. And like with drugs, there's withdrawal symptoms if you just stop using it. In this case, tiredness, headaches, shaking and the overall feeling of being sick.

As his powers grow, the effect on Jonathan's physical strenght will grown but he'll never reach any inhuman capabilities. He'll be able to heal even faster and bigger injuries as well but fatal wounds, poisons and cancer will still deliver him six feet under no matter how much life energy he absorbs. The effects of, for example, poisons will be slowed though but the outcome is till the same.

Equipment: He usually carries a ballpoint pen along with a small notebook in his back pocket in case he feels like sketching something. He has also been known to carry his old acoustic guitar around on his back but nowadays he's seen without it more often that with it. Jonathan also keeps a pocket knife close at all times, just in case.

Backstory: Jonathan was born as the second son for just another couple of nobodies who could just barely feed themselves let alone two kids. Jonathan never saw much of his parents from the very beginning and his five years older brother, who wasn't really capable of taking care of himself, was left to take care of Jonathan when their parents were working inhuman hours to make the ends meet. For this reason, little Johnny never really cared about his parents much, his older brother was the most important person to him.

From the very start of school, Jonathan was always the one failing and spending hours at detention. Not that he was stupid or anything, he just didn't give a damn about learning and rather spent his days bullying other kids and making teachers wish the day was over already. Though he didn't particularly enjoy bullying others but it made him feel powerful and by being the bully, Jonathan wasn't the one being bullied. For him it was simple, eat or be eaten, the way of nature. However, there were two classes Jonathan wasn't completely messing up and they were music and art. From his very first lesson, Johnny was mesmerized by music and he actually had the motivation to learn it. He had never actually heard any music during his first years of childhood but it turned out he wasn't half bad at it. Art on the other hand was familiar to the boy as he enjoyed doodling random lines on paper ever since he was able to hold a pen. Even if he wasn't failing his art classes, Jonathan was still causing headaches to his teacher by ignoring the tasks the class was given and drawing whatever he wanted.

As Jonathan proceeded on his path of bullying, his brother got involved with a gang. Everyone around the now pre-teen kept saying he'd end up in the same path as his older brother one way or another, which kind of bugged Jonathan since he had no intention in getting involved in illegal or gang business but at the same time he couldn't help but agree with them. What was there for a nobody like him in a neighbourhood like his? When he was 15 and the teachers had given up on him a long time ago, Jonathan found out his brother had been shot dead in some meaningless fallout between gangs. Besides being devastated, the incident only further fuelled Jonathan's rising hatred for the sad state the city was in and his resolve to not get involved with stuff that would only result in his early death.

Despite Jonathan's resolve, he did end up pick-pocketing and doing small robberies when his father was fired from his work and his mother was stabbed to death on a street during a robbery. At that time, Johnny didn't want to think about it but it was kind of ironic, he became the very thing that killed his mother. It was during one of his robberies that Jonathan discovered his powers. He was fast on his way of stealing a TV from someone's apartment when the resident popped back home. The following fisticuffs was cut short when Jonathan's opponent just kind of started getting weaker and finally collapsed. The teen didn't think much of it at the time, maybe the guy had just been drunk or something.

However, as time passed more people started started becoming tired and exhaused upon coming to skin contact with Jonathan and said teen always felt so powerful and full of life afterwards. It didn't take a genious to understand what was going on, Jonathan figured he was able to drain people from their energy and despite not being able to understand it, he liked it. At first he didn't even notice the addictive effect of his new power and just kept using it while getting more and more hooked. After using his power on his father half-accidentally, Jonathan stopped his energy draining for a short while which was when he discovered he was kind of addicted. He has started using his power again although less than before in hopes he wouldn't get even more addicted in the progress.

((Gotta say I'm kind of happy I had to alter him, he seems more interesting to RP as now than before. :,D Also, I'm gonna delete that first post of mine since it's kind of useless now. :d))

Last edited:
Poking back in here. Almost forgot about it for a sec.

Ooo, is that some T I missed? Well damn.

Well anyway, my baby is coming up....Tomorrow for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.