The Vanguard: Birth Of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stein: I take it stage 3 / 4 / 5 will start to utilize hard light.
Regardless, accepted.

Hard light and illusion techniques. I think the sound mimicry will stop at Stage 3, just as it's beginning to form. Or it might dashed altogether.

I won't be able to make the edits until later tonight...hey any advice on my character I won't say no to either.

Yes I know that the backstory is missing. Don't hurt me with words. Has to come late.

Psyon, red
wpid-kit-harington-2012-guys-choice-awards-01.jpg

Name

Flynn Xavier Watson Jr.

Polar Sausage
Alias

Psyon
Appearance

Flynn bears the appearance of a man in his late teens to early twenties, with curly brown hair along with sideburns, stunning hazel eyes, both traits inherited from his mother, and fair skin- not too tanned, nor too pale, his skin is more like a perfect mix of both. He is tall and lean, with a slightly muscular build. Flynn is noted to be extremely handsome by most females; but despite this, his good looks aren't what draw the women to him- it is more of his hidden heart of gold that wins them over. In any case, Flynn has been compared to something of a statue; almost perfect in appearance, but still somewhat cold.
Skills

Artist - He has great artistic skill which he developed from childhood. Flynn often works as a freelance illustrator. He enjoys drawing and does so with his free time.​

Accomplished Gymnast - Flynn is athletic with very good reflexes and agility. Since he was training since he was five has brought him to a state where he can preform a few complex acrobatic maneuvers. Flynn has even competed on a regional level. He performs two hours of training every day.

Proficient Martial Artist - Karate is the name of the martial art that Flynn was trained. Not a specific style of Karate
but an overall more mixed style. Flynn has been training as long as his training as a gymnast. This in order to protect himself on Port City's streets. Flynn has also gone through weapons training with Nun-chaku, Bo, Sai, and Katana. He is at the level of a 1st degree black belt. He performs two hours of training every day.​
Powers

Psionic Sense - He also possesses psionic senses which enable him to detect and track other sentient beings by their unique psionic emanations (thought patterns contained in the psionic portion of the spectrum) up to a 5m radius.

Telekinetic Constructs - Flynn has the ability to manifest constructs of raw-psi energy. Currently he can only create the constructs of weapons that he was trained in, Bo, sai, Nunchaku, and swords.
None of his weapon constructs have any actual weight in his hands so he can create a zweihander and swing it with one hand. Their limitation is the fact it doesn't cause any external affects but deals direct mental damage leading to intense pain. He can also release his psi-energy for energy blasts that are only as strong as he can punch and less straining then creating a blade.

Evolution of powers - Later down the road Flynn will learn to create more types of constructs of a better quality. His powers will eventually grow into tactile telekinesis that will be used to augment his physical attributes for combat.​
Equipment

Besides the Bo, Sai, Nunchaku and Katana that keeps in the training dojo at home, Flynn doesn't carry much besides a phone and headphones.​

Backstory

Where did they come from and where are they heading. What events in their past made them who they are today? 4 Paragraph minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so tempted to say something like that XD You know nothing Flynn Watson XD

Elementary my dear Watson.

And here is the approved CS (Hillan and I discussed this).

cms2.jpg

Name: Allison McPherson (Also answers to “Allie”, “Mac”, “Or “AM”)

Alias: Domino

Appearance: Allison stands at 5’4” about 125 lbs brunette colored hair and blue eyes. Her black hair is about shoulder length and she usually uses it to try and cover her ears as much as possible. Allison also wears glasses. She is athletic and because of her powers she has to stay in good shape. In terms of her clothing Allison prefers to wear blue jeans and a t-shirt of some kind. Her “costume” looks like it’s black spandex with white piping down the side and a mask that covers her mouth with protective lenses as well. (More on the costume in the “equipment” section)

Personality: Allison by nature is a outgoing and has a vibrant personality with a bit of a mouth on her. She generally goes with the flow but isn’t afraid to speak her mind. When she becomes Domino she is focused on the task at hand, and will do whatever is needed to help accomplish the mission.

Skills:

Running: Allison loves to jog and with her unique powers it’s a given that she stays in good shape.

Boxing: For some reason Allison was drawn to boxing as a child. Her parents made, what they thought, was an unrealistic deal. Allison came through though and they enrolled her in boxing lessons. Her parents discovered that she was actually pretty good at it. Granted she could never fight professionally but she knows how to throw a solid punch and can roll with them pretty good too.

Photography: Allison loves being a photographer and is currently enrolled at the college where she is majoring in photography. She has a part time job at the local paper as a staff photographer.

Deduction: Allison has the gift of a photographic memory and she is able to recall small details just by glancing at something or someone. Hence the reason she is also a great photographer because she is able to see details that other people would miss.

Powers: Shrinking. Allison has the ability to shrink down to 6 inches tall, and has had this ability for 2 years now. Only now is she choosing to use them in the fight against crime. Her powers were revealed to her when she was 17 years.

Stage 1: Allison can shrink down to 6 inches and that’s about it. Nothing more special than that, but with her powers of deduction and observation this makes her an asset on stealth missions and recon. She activates her powers through her ear-rings. (Again more on that in the “equipment” section).

Stage 2: Allison will learn how to transform into Domino just be her own will power. Domino will also be able to shrink even smaller than six inches.

Stage 3: Allison will be able to shrink to microscopic size and not have to rely on her costume to survive her shrunken state. Allison will also discover that she is now able to float on air currents. Not necessarily fly, but more like a modified gliding ability. She will also be able to travel on cell-phone signals and through the internet from computer to computer.

Equipment:

Camera: Allison has various kinds of cameras that she uses for her job and is rarely without one.

Car: Allison gets from point A to Point B in a Chevy Geo. It’s not much but it does the job.

Costume: Domino wears a basic black spandex outfit with white stripes on the side and a white mask.

Earring Studs: The earring studs act as a stabilizing unit for Allison’s shrinking ability. In the studs are pieces of a meteorite that gives Allison control over her powers. Without them, or if they were to be damaged Allison’s powers would activate with her being able to stop them. Allison touches them in a certain way which activates her powers.

Backstory: Allison is the only child of Dr. Peter McKenzie and Dr. Janet McKenzie, who were two of the leading scientists at Bartok Industries. Both of them were doing tests on human growth patterns and how to enhance them. They're testing could be seen as some what ethically questionable, because they didn't have the authorization to do human trials. However Peter and Janet felt they were on the verge of a breakthrough and decided to experiment on each other. They did these experiments until it was revealed Janet was pregnant with Allison. However they both were concerned about the potential side affects on their unborn child.

The U-S Government was also interested in human growth very much like the work that was being done at Bartok Industries.. One the elements that was in possession of the Government was a meteorite called Balzium. Blazium had crashed into a field in Iowa during the 1970's. It had been shown to have some effects on Lab-Rats in terms of their growth, but the Government scientists could only do so much with it because of funding and regulations. The Government agreed to turn over a chunk of the Blazium to Bartok Industries. Peter and Janet immediately began experimenting with it and they saw several possibilities for it.

Allison had a fairly normal childhood inspite of the fact that her life was seen much in the public eye, because of her parents being so well known in the scientific community. Allison had a thirst for knowledge that and wanting to study things as they happened. When she was five her mom bought her digital camera, and with that purchase Allison’s love of photography was born.

Allison loved taking pictures and studying the fine details in them, and she loved taking pictures while running. Capturing life as it happened fascinated Allison. Allison also enjoyed watching boxing for some reason. Her father took her to some of the local fights and Allison would take pictures of them. She would remember the movements just prior to the punch being thrown and how the impact would cause damage. Allison begged her parents at the age of 10 to let her enroll in boxing lessons. They agreed on the condition that she got straight “A”’s for an entire year. Allison pulled it off and her parents reluctantly enrolled her that summer into boxing lessons, and she continued with them for 4 years.

During her summer vacation when Allison was 17 she discovered her ability to shrink. Allison’s parents were getting ready to go out to dinner when one of her Janet’s earrings fell under a table and she couldn’t reach it. Allison offered to help her by moving the table. Suddenly the table grew bigger and bigger and the earring was much bigger. Allison discovered that she had shrink down to six inches. Janet called Peter into the room. Quickly Peter rushed Allison to where he worked and began to run test after test on her. Peter discovered that Allison’s pituitary gland was somehow mutated. Peter and Janet both knew that this was a result of their experiments. Peter ran Allison though a series of tests and discovered that as she grew older her powers would develop even more. Peter knew that they had the Blazium meteorite fragments that could prove useful. He ran tests on them and realized that they could return Allison back to normal size. Once she was exposed to the Blazium Allison returned to normal size, and Peter fashioned her the earring studs she now wears. Her father also created a very basic spandex suit and mask for her to wear in case something happened to the earrings or if her powers suddenly activated for some reason. When she would shrink her "costume" would appear and her regular clothes would disappear. This way her "costume" would keep her identity a secret on some level. . For now though Allison had the power to shrink to six inches while retaining her normal levels of strength.

Overall though Allison didn't have a great deal of use for her powers and at times viewed them as a curse. More than once she would say, "I wish those powers would take a hike!" She couldn't go out on a date too often. She was always afraid that if she went out with someone and they touched her earrings Allison's secret would be exposed. So for the most part Allison tried to lead a normal life, but all the while dealing with a secret that she was so afraid of.

Then tragedy struck one night. Allison’s parents were at a party and as they were preparing to leave their car exploded killing them instantly. The police ruled it as a mechanical issue with the car, but Allison didn’t buy it. Allison would remember hearing her parents over the years talking in very hushed tones. Phone calls to the house where someone would call and if Allison answered there was an immediate hang-up. Strange cars driving by and slowing down around the house. All these things made Allison question a lot of what her parents were up to and why. She used her powers to sneak into the police department, and at her size Allison was able to see the evidence that was missed. Allison knew this was a murder, but the questions were why and why was it being covered up?

The insurance money and her inheritance has enabled Allison to continue living in her parents’ house. One thing though now drives Allison solving her parents’ death. Allison decided to use them to not only solve her parents murder but to help others. She had so many questions and she wanted answers. No matter how long it took Allison was determined to find out why her parents were murdered. Since Allison was wearing a black & white costume and she was only a couple of inches taller than a domino Allison decided that would be her name; Domino.

I figured we had a superhero centered around writing, why not have one around music? Still a pretty hefty W.I.P. help on an actual alias would be appreciated.

Glazbenik, green
Luka-uli-stjepan-hauser-and-luka-sulic-19160300-652-326.jpg

Name

Luka "Luke" Stjepan Kovačević

Frankfurter
Alias

Glazbenik
Appearance

In case you can't tell by the name, he's very European. Croatian, to be specific.
Skills

Musical Genius - Luka is a classically trained pianist, cellist, harpist, flutist, and self-trained guitarist. Seeing as he has been playing instruments effectively since birth, Luka is seen as something of a prodigy, while it is not unheard of for a man his age to play several instruments, Luka is noteworthy for not only his mastery of Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart, but his knack for "modernizing" classic instruments. Luka has often been seen around downtown and the suburbs of Port City performing covers of everything from Jimi Hendrix to Michael Jackson on the cello. Before pursuing his solo act, Luka was the youngest member of Port City's Grand Orchestra, often performing to standing ovations at Port City's colossal amphitheater. He's also a beast on harmonica.​

Sophistication and Intelligence -

Powers

Sound Manipulation (Details coming soon.)

Equipment

Having come from what some would call a family of privilege, Luka owns a thoroughly impressive array of instruments, from a Gibson Memphis 1959 ES-225 guitar to a Barjansky Stradivarius Cello. Probably has a cellphone, driver's license, and a massive collection of vinyl records. More details to follow, surely.​

History

Why do I need to write one of these?

Last edited:
Question, this seems to have fallen quiet.. Kinda.. (Not that I've been super active) Are we gonna continue with this? 'Cause it definitely was something I'd love to continue

I'm down to continue if everyone else is.

I... I've kind of neglected this RP for the majority of the past week, other projects kind of keeping me occupied.

Sorry about that. I am working on the next post to move us forward.

I do feel like there's still a few who hasn't made their intros in the IC, so get a move on to that.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what to do with Rosetta, since she's kinda just running on her own and most others are all over the place too from what I've seen?

Oh yes, that's by design and should all (Hopefully) be resolved.

There's a slight problem in that, though. As unlike a lot of other RP's, we have very few common factors to bring the cast together. They don't go to the same school, don't live in the same neighborhoods, etc. etc. And it is going to be challenging to pull it off. If anyone's got a preference for what they'd like to do to bring the cast together, what would feel the most organic for just your character, I'm all ears. Shoot me a PM or so.

I'm going anywhere. I'd like to give this one a go.

In case of Rosetta I'd say if she learns of others with a power, or what she suspects is a power, she'll be curious enough to want to make contact. Even if that might mean ditching a day of class.

I'm not sure what to suggest for an easy meeting, although since Emma makes a habit of picking fights with at least what passes for local thugs and delinquents in the safer districts, she'd probably end up either getting someone's attention or running into someone else doing the same sort of thing, eventually. Or hearing about stranger things on the news and running into someone else who also thought they should look into it.

I'm not sure what to suggest for an easy meeting, although since Emma makes a habit of picking fights with at least what passes for local thugs and delinquents in the safer districts, she'd probably end up either getting someone's attention or running into someone else doing the same sort of thing, eventually. Or hearing about stranger things on the news and running into someone else who also thought they should look into it.

The something happening with news coverage aspect is a good idea. Opens up a lot of options.

Uh-huh, I don't want to sound rude, impatient or anything but could I ask whether my CS is any good or total crap? ^^;

In case it went unnoticed, it's the second last post on page two. :d

Edit: I think I get it when I'm not wanted, sorry I bothered you guys.... ^^;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.