The Untold Story of an Olympic Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will smiled at her and nodded his head slowly as she started conversing with the other campers he could easily see her starting to warm up to everyone of course he'd keep an eye on her for now so no one would mess with her or try to set her up for some prank but he knew she could handle herself. He gently puts his hand on Kaidens shoulder and grins a bit winking at her "might as well forget it Kaiden she's already love struck abut me I don't know what it is but it was almost impossible to keep her off me on the way here"

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella couldn't help but laugh hard at that, playing along with Wills nature. "Well it isn't your irresistible charm, that's for sure." She chuckled lightly returning the wink by sticking out her pink tongue at him almost childishly, as her hands went from fooling with her hair nervously a few moments ago to resting calmly and happily on her lap.

"Aye mate, you always draw in the best ones. Well you know me, I never give up easily once I got my eye on something." He gave a playful wink to the guy but Isabella noticed his attention was almost immediately drawn away as Kaidan remained seated between the two and started singing loudly to a song the rest of the Apollo campers were singing across the fire. "Hey I love this song!" He laughed and removed his arms from around the two to clap along with his own melodic voice, giving Will a nudge to join in but soon enough the whole large group was singing along as well; from the loud Ares voices to softer and higher Aphrodite children and especially the Apollo cabin who continued to lead.

Even Isabella joined in after a while, she didn't know half the words but clapped along rythmatically and sang what she knew -easily fitting into the group it was hard to remember why she had been nervous. Will still received flashes and smiles through the warm blazing night, pokes to sing along from Isabella herself; of course even when meeting new faces he was not forgotten although she did glance around occasionally in hopes of seeing Rose. With no luck.

"You've got quite the lovely voice there Isabella, nothing like this hunk of coral." Kaidan nudged Will lightly with a friendly laugh in good humor but the comment caused her to blush slightly; not realising how into-it she had been until now. She chuckled to Will but there was something else there in her eyes, light and barely noticeable it was another small thank you. Just gratitude, for helping her through this.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He laughs and throws his arm around the other guys neck and starts rubbing his fist into his head "chunk of coral huh?! I don't see you doing any better!!" He shoves him playfully and laughs as he leans back "besides I'm not half merman their the ones that have the pretty voices!" He looks over at Isabella and smiles softly as he looked into her eyes he could see the change in her gaze and the new light that shone in them he was glad she was already fitting in he nodded his head and gave her a small thumbs up to say "your welcome and this is only the beginning"

"Clearly." The guy laughed, shoving Will back lightly before getting up with promise to return soon after getting some of the other campers in the bon-fire spirit. Isabella had turned her back to chat with the Ares camper again, laughing along and easily flowing a warm conversation but when Kaidan left she shifted to sit forward again giving Will a mischievous smile and an arched eyebrow. "Couldn't keep me off you, hmm? Well, If anything I would say I couldn't keep you off me, especially when we went water-walking. How long did you keep your arm around my waist?" She teased lightly, poking him in the side and clearly joking along but all attention was taken as another loud song broke out with a round of clapping again. But that wasn't exactly what took her attention.

No, it was the boy from earlier, Mark sitting almost directly across from them. She hadn't noticed until now, when he caught her eye only to snicker and whisper something to the girl seated beside him. Of course this gave Isabella another uneasy feeling as the girl turned to look at her as well after words, but an angry deturnimation said she wouldn't let it ruin her night.

He chuckles and pokes her right back and puts his arm around her shoulders in a friendly manner "hey if I remember correctly you latched onto me and begged me to go faster so I could hold you tighee but hey I say we were both holding on pretty tightly" he smiles at her and rubs her shoulder before letting her go. Looking up he saw the look Mark was giving her and shook his head he gently pats her knee "don't worry about them they're just looking to start something for now enjoy the night for its still young and you still have many more friends to make" he leaned in to whisper softly in her ear "I'm really glad your getting along with everyone I enjoy seeing you smile all joking aside you do have a very nice smile and I hope you'll continue to wear it"

She was surprised when he caught the look Mark was giving her, but then again Will had proven himself to be rather observant throughout the long day. Without bothering to look at either of them across the fire any more she turned to him instead giving a look that said she wasn't down-put by them at all. "Please, I wouldn't let them bother me. They're not worth ruining either of our nights." She gave him a smile but paused in posture as he leaned in, expecting another joke or light jab. Instead Isabella was greeted with words that brought a warm scarlet blush to her cheeks for just a few feint moments.

Fortunately for her, that was the time Kaidan decided to join back in; saving Isabella from having to make a reply as he plunked down on Wills lap slinging one arm around the mans neck and shoulders. "So, capture the flag tomorrow! You got us last time but this time your going down man! I suppose you'll be with Hermes cabin Isabella, which means you can go your own way or stick to the alliance your cabin has made." He gave a wink to Isabella and Will, before continuing. "But of course you'll be siding along with me and the golden group right?"

WI'll looks at him and grins and stands up to watch the guy fall on his butt in the dirt "oh whoops did I do that? Sorry but hey you might as well get used to the view down there because that's where your going to be tomorrow except I'll be holding your teams flag in victory!" He looks at Isabella and winks at her "oh Isabella you'll be on my team it's a thing that whoever brings in the newbie has the honor of wathing over them in the game although Kaiden seems to have forgotten that sorry dude no sneaking off and making kissy faces for you

There was a rather comical -thump- as Kaidan hit the ground and he gave a good laugh followed by a few people around.

"How does capture the flag work here? Is it just the same as we play in normal schools?" Isabella questioned, shaking her head with chuckles as she extended a hand as an offer to help him off the ground. Instead, the guy accepted her offer only to get up and sit on her lap instead -although perhaps without full weight. It brought something of a small gasp from Isabella as her hands pressed to try and get him off with another laugh. "Well, it's the same basic concept. Two teams formed and selected trough alliances, two flags placed at both ends of the forest. The only thing you really need to throw into the mix is monsters, weapons." He gave a wink to Will. "And extremely competitive campers. Seems I forgot you'll be on his team then -don't expect me to go easy on you!"

"Right back at'cha." Isabella smirked, although she didn't know how useful a weapon was going to be in her hands. Oh well. She was fast, right? Maybe that would be a useful trait. "I'm pretty competitive, It's not Will you have to worry about with me running around." She teased lightly, giving Will a poke before finally managing to shove Kaidan off again who only hit his rump in the dirt for a second time. "What are the teams, anyway?"

Will laughed and looked down at Kaiden sha king his head "you never learn do you Kaiden?" Chuckling he turns to Isabella to answer her question "teams are decided by cabins and they'll be selected tomorrow since your automatically on my team so is the entire Hermes cabin now if your Godly parent would claim you before then then whosever daughter you are their cabin would be on my team instead"

"Your Poseidon team of two." Isabella added, tossing him a joking smile before something caught her attention a little to the left; a group of what he automatically and stereotypically assumed to be Aphrodite children giggling amongst themselves flashing her a smile of white teeth.

"Let's hope you get claimed soon, because the Hermes cabin is crowded enough as it is. No doubt it will be stuffed in there for you tonight." Kaidan stated thoughtfully, he had apparently made himself comfortable on the ground and shifted to sit cris-cross with his back to the fire. Isabella found he looked quite scary like this actually, with the livid burning flame behind him.

"Hey, we may be crowded but we always got space for one more passer-through." A girl she didn't recondite added playfully, obviously she was from Hermes cabin due to the comment. "Unlike aqua-man over here who has all the space in the world but isn't aloud to share any of it." Isabella couldn't help but snort amusingly at the nickname, apparently it was an on-running joke although Will didn't appear to appreciate it too much.

He looks around a bit at the comments he was receiving about having all the cabin space in the world being the oldest out of he and Percy he had been here the longest yet he had never met his younger brother, he knew he existed but wasn't allowed to contact him until it was time for him to come to camp sighing. He just gave everyone a small smile and a nod of his head

"well hey..when your as lucky as I am who can complain right?" It was clear their comments bothered him but he tried not to let it show too much in fact he looked quite lonely besides all the friends he had. To put it he was an outcast among outcasts who couldn't fit in to normal society due to their heritage. it was one thing to be a demi-god but a whole different matter entirely to be a child of the big three. He had no cousins among the campers and no real family outside of camp so it got quite lonely for him when about 90% of camp left to go home for the summer

Looking around slowly he stood up and rubbed his eyes and faked a yawn "well..its getting late..I think i'm going to go turn in..I'll see all of you tomorrow at Capture the flag can I trust you Kaiden to show Isabella to Hermes cabin? and to keep your hands off her and to make sure the Ares campers keep off?"

Upon Wills first words Isabella could instantly pick out something was slightly wrong in his tone -even if no one else around seemed to notice anything at all. It was a subtle shift. Either they were rather unobservant or she was just good at reading people, because the fake yawn was even worse followed by the smooth white lie. She looked up in slight surprise to him, and meeting his eyes it was clear in her expression so he would know she knew something was up but not exactly what it was.

"Yeah sure man, get a good rest because you're going to need it for tomorrow when I take you down." With the hand motions to add emphasis, he turned his attention back to telling Isabella and the Hermes girl some sort of a story. She didn't really know, because she wasn't listening -her mind in other places watching Will leave and wondering if she should say something. Probably not, it was his own business what was bugging the guy. And if he wanted her to know, he would have brought up what was bugging him.

Then again, Isabella did have a stubbornly persistent attitude that often got in the way of actual logical thinking.

"Hey, what cabin number is Hermes?" She asked lightly, and upon recieving the answer from the Hermes girl from before gave a thankful nod. "Great, thanks. I think I can find my way back on my own, I would rather go now and settle in ahead of time, ya know?" With that she got up, brushing off the protest Kaidan gave with a light smile and reassurance she wanted him to enjoy the rest of his night. Only after a hug did she finally manage to get away -Isabella was rather good at slipping out of places- but it took her almost no time at all to catch up with Will.

In the direction they were going, cabin 13 was before cabin 3 so she would be breaking off before him. "That was a pretty bad fake yawn." The girl said lightly, walking with her hands in her pockets once she had caught up. It was no lie, she was fast. Although Isabella didn't ask him what was wrong, still thinking if Will wanted to talk he would. Rather, she just walked with him. "You have to press your tongue down when you do, or it just looks like your going to sneeze."

Will just continued to walk in silence for a few moments as he headed towards the beach. stopping as his feet touched the water he closed his eyes and lifted his head up towards the moon the wind softly blowing his hair back. The moonlight shining off the ocean radiated towards him giving him an almost angelic glow as he stood there with his hands in his pockets. Keeping his eyes closed he finally addressed her "thanks Isabella..I'll keep that in mind for next time although since it fooled everyone else I don't really see a need to worry about it.."

He finally lowers his head and opens his eyes to look at her his own eyes glowing softly in the moonlight. He gave her a small smile and patted her arm gently "I know what your thinking..your thinking that I'm upset or hurt or something along those lines don't worry about me ok Isabella? I'm used to it by now its just something I have to live with for the rest of my life."

"Nah, I'm not worried about you." Isabella said cashually, tucking her hair into the back collar of her jacket so it wouldn't be strained by the wind on the beach. In the moonlights it seemed to have strands of pale orange or gold. "Just didn't want to be roasted by the fire any longer, that's all. Thought I would cool off before bed." A cashual, little lie that was easily picked out; it was to let Will know he didn't have to talk about it or even say anything more.

She shifted, while he stood Isabella sat down on the sand to trace a design along the damp lines of its reach. She was quiet while he stood, facing the waves but comfortable being so. She absent-mindedly flicked some salty water and sand at him after a while when done trailing her fingers in it but in turn rested her cheek in the palm of her hand.

sighing he looks back up at the moon and rubs his eyes. the light of the moon could show signs of tears forming in his eyes shaking his head he quickly wipes them away hoping she wouldn't see them. After a few more moments of standing he literally just fell backwards into the sand with a small thump and stared at the sky again "..sometimes I wish this life wasn't mine..that I could have had a real dad to be there for me..a mom that loved me..go to a normal high school and live a normal life..but then sometimes I hope that I'll never have to live a life like that because I couldn't imagine how my life would be if it wasn't for the camp and discovering who I really was..ya know?

he lets out a slow breath and blinks away the tears in his eyes "..its just..hard without a family of my own..yeah I have the other campers and I do care about them as if they were family but..I mean a real family..I never knew my mom..she died giving birth to me and my dad..he's not allowed to have contact with me..I've only ever met my dad once a very..very long time ago..when he saved my life before I drowned..well I couldn't drown either way but I was only five years old and had run into the ocean too deep..no one knew I was out there except for my dad who saved me and brought me back to shore..he disappeared before I could even thank him"

Sighing he sits up and rubs his eyes "I understand all the rules of Olympus..how the Gods can't have contact with their children..that doesn't make it easy especially for those of us who have no families other then our parent up on Olympus.." He sighs and chuckles a bit "here I am rambling on..I'm sure you didn't come out all this way to hear me ramble about how hard and sad my life was and is..you have your own problems to deal with I'm sorry"

from the way he spoke it was easy to tell he had never spoken of this to anyone except maybe Rose maybe that was why Rose was always so protective of him because she worried about him and felt sorry for him. and it was also clear that he did his best to keep this bottled up to not let anyone else worry about him he only wanted to help others and solve their problems but when it came to his own he would let himself suffer if it meant one of his friends could find happiness that was just the kind of guy he was.

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella listened quietly, she did jump in surprise slightly when Will landed back on the sand and started talking but didn't interrupt his vent. Because she knew he probably needed it, just needed to get all that off his mind and out in the open. She didn't catch the tears, but honestly wouldn't care or think of him any less if the boy had cried. "Don't apologise something stupid like that," She said the girl after he apologised, even if it was a chuckle she didn't take it to light heart for once. "For needing to rant a bit; we all do sometimes. Life can be so crazy if you try to hold it all in you just might go insane."

She tilted her head back to look at the dark sky and gave a light exhale. "But I get what your saying. A parent, a normal day, normal life. I have a feeling its something taken for granted that I might miss soon, now that its gone pretty fast. I suppose your right and that's life, something to get used to. In a way I guess you picked out substitutes for those positions, not perfect fits but slightly filled with the friends you made in camp -right? It makes sense they wouldn't be enough, that you would still be lonely. Because there's no perfect replacement for a role like that." She looked back to Will after a quiet moment, sitting rather close and ended up nudging his shoulder lightly in a comforting way; the same way he might pat her arm or give a smile. "But that doesn't mean it always has to be like that. I know things are probably crazy right now, demi-god life right? But when your older there's going to be a time when you can settle down enough to create a real family of your own, to pick a person you love and have little Oceans running around." She trailed her two fingers in the sand in a walking motion for emphasis, as if trading small steps across its surface. "You'll be able to, if not fill that gap, then have enough love in your life to push it -and all these times that seem rough now- behind you. You just have to wait it out until then, keep pulling forward to see how soon that time comes. Plus all the unexpected things, people you will meet, new friends and loves along the way that will make it all the worth while."

Will listened to her without speaking a word. He agreed with every word coming out of her mouth she was right maybe one day he would be able to settle down and start a family of his own but he worried about that. He worried if he did start a family they'd never live in peace because of who is father is monsters never stopped hunting Demi-gods and the older they got the more frequent the attacks came. "I agree with every word you say..its still hard ya know though? I worry about the future the past and the present because each day I don't know whats going to happen I can't tell if one of my friends is going to be killed in battle or a new camper will show up and everything will start a new for them"

Sighing he stands up and grabs a rock and skips it across the ocean the rock skipping 8 times before finally sinking to the bottom of the ocean "..I want nothing more then to have a family of my own to find love..have kids and just settle down..but I fear for that future family especially if I marry a mortal..monsters will come after them to get to me and I don't want to put anyone through that.."

Shaking his head he looks down at her and offers her a hand to help her up "I suppose thats something to worry about for a later day right now all I need to worry about is staying alive to get that far in life"

"...I don't want to put anyone through that..." Isabella remained quiet when he stood up, watching the rock skip and counted eight graceful leaps before sinking to be lost beneath the waters surface. Even though she didn't know quite the full extent of the dangers of this new lifestyle; she had already seen and been told enough to know because of their parental heritage... Anyone in this camp could have their days numbered. Like any rock they each only had a certain amount of skips, years, close calls and monster battles left before someone was going to sink. Wills worry of dragging someone into that, or maybe even leaving someone behind because of that, it was very logical and very real.

She paused for a moment considering his offer before accepting the hand as a help up. Isabella brushed sand off her backside and clothes before putting her hands back into their pockets so they wouldn't be nipped by the cold.

"Well, you've already made it this far." She gave a small smile but there was something further behind her gold-brown eyes that Isabella didn't express or maybe just quite couldn't as much as she wanted to. She understood. She understood his worries and the pain and the lonely feeling even if she couldn't quite relate; it didn't mean she couldn't feel small pain for him too. Which was unique, in it self because the girl had never had anyone open up to her before or tried to place herself in another's shoes just to try and see what they were going through. Until now. "Either way, no matter what happens or who you loose you won't have to go through it alone Will... not unless you choose too."

Even though she was happy she had followed him, hoping it had helped in some way; Isabella knew she wouldn't do the same next time. No, not unless he wanted her to. Will knew she didn't care against his ramblings or concerns, knew now she was here to talk if he wanted it. For now, it was getting late. "I'm gonna head back, apparently Cassy cleared out a spot for me in the cabin so I shouldn't have to worry about fighting for one." She have a small smile and turned to go, but paused. "You coming, or are you going to stick around here a bit longer?"

He smiles at her as he considered her offer shaking his head he looked back at the ocean "no..I think I'll stay for just a bit longer maybe take a swim..swimming always helps me clear my head but you go on ahead" He turns back to her and smiles again "..thanks Isabella for listening it means a lot to me it really does I'm sorry if anything i've said might have made you reconsider everything. believe me even though I feel terrible about a lot of the things that may or may not happen..I don't regret who I am I don't regret the friends I've made nor the adventures I've had each one has been worth it"

He leans down and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and winks at her "I'm really glad you came Isabella..I'm glad we could meet and could become friends no matter what happens I'll be by your side and I hope that when I look you'll be by mine as well"

Isabella chuckled after he spoke and nodded, she had expected him to stick behind really. The water must have been freezing but of course that wouldn't bother a son of Poseidon. "Good, keep it that way. We don't have time for regret now, not living on an unpredictable scedual like this. And don't worry about... Scaring me or anything, making me reconsider being exited over what I've learned today; this has been the best... Craziest, but best day of my life. I'm sure there will be more to come, especially with the new people I met and... You."

The kiss on the cheek managed to turn the girl an even more violent shade of pink in the cheeks then Rose had blushed. "Of course," she replied quietly, struggling to fight and push down livid butterflies in her stomach that had suddenly decided to make an appearance. "Any time you need it, I'll be there." Isabella knew she meant it, without hesitation. She brushed her hair back before bidding him a good night and heading off at a lesierly pace; only casting one glance back when she was almost out of sight to see if Will had turned back to the ocean. He really did look quite nice in the moonlight, it suited the boy on the beach.

The Hermes cabin was packed. To a ridiculous point. With chattering campers who were only slowly settling down even though the night was late. As promised, the girl from earlier waved her over to an open spot on the floor where Isabella happily set up her sleeping bag from home. "Kaidan was frantic after you left, because he promised Will he would get you here safe and then you just ran off." She giggled lightly, sitting on half of her sleeping bag rather then returning to her own bed for now. "Whoops... I'll make it up to him in the morning." "Something happen out there Isabella? You got quite the blush on your cheeks."

Suddenly she fell suspiciously tired, giving this as an excuse to get Cassy to go back to to own bed and not long after Isabella found herself curled up with her eyes half open. Thinking about the day that was to come tomorrow, as the cabin gradually fell silent.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.