The Untold Story of an Olympic Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks at her and smiles gently he so wanted to tease her right now but he understood exactly what she was going through and he didn't want her to feel like he was insulting her "Chiron will want to speak with us both plus the Chimera fang needs to be cleaned to turn it into a trophy and he handles those things come he'looks be inside" he makes his way up the steps and walks inside the big house looking around slowly he looks at the leopards head on the wall (can't remember it's name XD) smiling he grabs a snausage and tosses it to the leaport head who reaches out and catches it eating it hungrily "Chiron?! It's me will! I've found our new camper!"

"I still can't believe you took that thing down without a scratch -it had like, three heads!" Isabella shook her own head following Will up the steps we she did but hesitated outside the door for just a moment before entering along. Inside looked just a bit odder then the outside, the mounted leopard head of course ((me neither X3)) only adding to affect but the girl leaned back slightly when its jaws snapped open to catch the sausage. Oh. Well. Isabella had a feeling that wasn't even the greatest oddity she would see today in this camp fit for children of the gods.

The girl crossed her arms and leaned right in weight patiently, but after a few moments of silence her eyes found Will again. "Maybe he's not in...?" She wasn't completely opposed to the idea of wondering around some more in search of the man.

Then there was the light sound of four heavy hooves thumping quietly on the hard floor of the room as Chiron came from his office standing tall and proud. He had a bustle of papers in his hands, but set them down almost immediately upon seeing the new -slightly surprised- face. "Well, that's definitely some good news I could use -made it there and back all right I see?" He gave a smile walking over and extended a hand for Isabella to shake. "Welcome to camp Half-Blood, Miss...?"

Centaur. The word clicked immediately in Isabellas mind as she watched Chiron approach and straitened out a bit but didn't hesitate to take the offered hand and give it a shake with a smile in tact. She didn't shrink back at all but mearly greeted the man rather warmly despite her surprise. In all honesty, she hadn't expected anything like this man to be the one they were searching for... which left the curious slippery question of what Mr. D was. "Isabella. Strifer, Isabella Strifer."

"Isabella, what a lovely name." Chiron said kindly glancing to Will before addressing the next factor. "And I trust you didn't find your journey back too rough? You made quite quick work of it Will, makes me hope you were using your powers in a most discreet way as to not draw attention." The centaur raised an eyebrow at the boy.

Will gives Chiron his best smile and shrugs his shoulders "Cmon Chiron it's me when have I ever let you down or failed to keep my abilities a secret?" Upon seeing his stare he sighs and leans back "we did the best we could we almost got her out with no trouble but a Chimera found us and I had to fight it in the school hall way I don't believe anyone saw us there but I didn't want to put Rose and Isabella any more risk so we rode a wave back to camp

"A chimera you say?" Chiron dropped the look he had been giving will for a thoughtful one before sighing. "I suppose I simply must be grateful to the gods no harm came upon you three. Did you manage to escape, or take it down?"

Isabella could have answered that but decided to stay out of the conversation between the two for now, her eyes wondering back to the mounted leopard head on the wall. The cat caught her looking and drew it's teeth back.

"Ahh, where are our manors Will? We must address the lady first before discussing your journey-do tell me Isabella," Chiron caught her eyes instantly with full attention given. "Were you aware of your godly heritage before or anything of this world before coming in to contact with our friend here?"

"Umm..." Isabella briefly wondered if her ignorance of the camp and gods and such was a common occurrence -she had assumed so but he question sparked the thought easily into way. "No, unfortunately not. Should I have been?"

"No no, it's not expected of you to have been. I was just wondering if we could perhaps skip the boring old orientation video in favour of you receiving the information you need from this young man -no doubt he has already given you quite a bit." Chiron looked to Will while crossing his arms over his chest.

Reactions: Andy
Will smiles at him and crosses his arms "cmon Chiron I know how to do my job I found her kept her safe answered her questions to the best of my ability informed her of the camp and what we do her infor med her if her heritage and everything so all that's left is her official orientation and to figure out who her mom or dad is"

Chiron waved him off good-heartedly. "All right all right, forgive me for doubting you to do above and beyond your job." The centaur gave a smile with a slight sparkle to his eyes. Isabella couldn't help but return the smile -as well as try not to stare at the horse part of him. "Cabin eleven will be your stay miss until we have determined your godly figure -which usually doesn't take too long at all. The other campers are probably just about finishing up at the mess hall for tonight although you two can probably still sneak in there if your trip has left you with an appetite."

He paused for a moment, thinking back on his own and Wills words. "Yes... the day is late already, tomorrow will be a better one for exploring your talents and figuring out your parent. For tonight, It will be a pleasure to have a new face at the camp fire sing-a-long tonight."

Isabella was slightly down put to hear her day would probably start tomorrow but she didn't let it get her down too much -not with all that had happened, she couldn't. This day was already beyond crazy in all the best of ways. "Well it will be a pleasure to be there." She said confidently earning another smile.

"You've done more then your share Will, but could I trust you to see her further settled in before tonight? I have some er... business to attend to with Mr. D." Chiron shuffled slightly which made Isabella lean back in watchfulness of his four heavy hooves.

Will only looks at Isabella and smiles befire looking back at Chiron and giving him a thumbs up "no problem Chiron I'll get her a camp shirt and get her to the mess hall to eat then I'll show her to her temporary cabin then we'l meet all of you at the bin fire that sound good to you Isabella?"

Isabella was automatically inclined to reply with a lie that she could probably get along and figure everything out herself; that he need not waste time settling her in because she was rather used to doing things by herself anyway. However, with a new start, a new friend, the girl held her tongue from speaking those words instead giving a much more humorous and open reply while running a hand through her hair as she gave Will a wink of her own. "Sure aqua-man, ready when you are."

Chiron couldn't help but snort with laughter, and when Isabella had turned to leave the big house in wait for Will he passed the boy with a chuckled comment. "Looks like she'll fit right in, I like her already."

Isabella waited by the open door with her a hand on her hip, looking outside and she let her eyes wonder in wait to go. It was easily said she had rarely been this nervous before, with many questions ranging from why she needed a 'temporary' cabin to if that was the Chiron from legend that had trained many well-known demi-gods from myth; all of which would wait until they had a chance to speak without the company of others so she wouldn't feel so silly for asking so many questions. Looking back Isabella arched an eyebrow with a slight smile. "You coming or not?"

He shakes his head and smiles he pulls out the Chimera fang and sets it on the table "our trophy from today's fight" he smiles at Chiron and walks towards Isabella smiling he gently nudges her along pulling her towards the camp store where he instantly grabbed without even looking an orange camp t shirt "here's your official camp half blood t shirt we have tons of them along with other things so don't feel afraid and come take what you need from the store we have a special spell placed on the clothes that allow them to fit anyone but only the person who wears it first"

Chiron gave a low whistle as Will walked out, examining the tooth and shook his head. "Child you never cease to amaze me."

"Well, I suppose there are worse colors then orange. One-size fits all never fits anyone unless magic is involved, hmm?" Isabella joked lightly taking the shirt and holding it out to look but rather quickly her attention was drawn away by a group of loud campers passing by. They were laughing rather loudly, three girls and four boys two of which were making rather rude hand-gestures at each other while the others seemed to be edging on. Oddly enough, they all looked rather similar in one way or another. It only took a moment for this to click along with the realisation that they must have been from the same cabin; had the same parent. Her eyes trailed to follow them and meet a green pair that looked up at her followed by a grin and maybe even the words new camper rolled off his tongue before a few more also trained to follow. By then, Isabella had turned her attention back to Will.

"So how does one figure out who there parent is? Do I just kick your butt and show off my talent and hope it matches one of the qualifications of the gods?" She gave a slight smirk at her first comment, clearly joking but there was also a hint of a challenge in there. She amused herself at the thought of beating Will at anything really; the girl was rather competitive and her confidence was telling her she could. "Oh um... while were at it I was wondering; I noticed there weren't that many cabins compared to the number of Greek gods I've read about in class alone -did something happen to the other gods? I mean, are they still... around?" She supposed part of it was also curiosity in the number of possible options her 'godly parent' could be.

He looks at her and shakes his head chuckling at her first comment he could tell from now on there wouldn't be a single dull moment with her around not that there had been any to begin with but hey its always nice to throw something new into the mix "to answer your first question how it works is that basically the God's will look into your past on their own and then when they find your history your Godly parent will claim you this happens in a number if different ways in my case a trident tattoo appeared in my should" to emphasize his point he pulled up his sleeve to show her the tattoo "it all depends on who your parent is most of the time their symbol will appear somewhere either floating on above your head for a few minutes or it will appear as a tattoo like mine the only group I haven't seen claimed in a different way is the children of Aphrodite they are blessed with the ability of amazing looks for a week and they become the most handsome or beautiful people in camp through magic their clothes and make up and style is changed to mark who they are. Now to answer your second question not all the Greek gods have kids only the original 12 God's have been known to have them we have come across a rare child of a lesser god here and there but mostly it's just the major gods that take on mortal companions and have children"

"Looks like those twelve gods have certainly been busy. Hmm, I wouldn't mind another tattoo." Isabella said with a smirk, clearly indicating that he already had one but decided not to get into that right now -after all she was fifteen and any child her he having inkwork was bound to raise the question of how or who she had gotten it from. "Although I doubt I'm Aphrodite, as you an probably tell I've never really been into fashion or make-up." Or love for that matter. The girl wore simple black lace-up boots and her leather jacket, jean shorts and a tank-top it was all she ever needed really having not much interest in such things as some of the other girls her age were. "Although a symbol floating above your head? That's a pretty odd way to be claimed -say you wake up and your not having the best day and then bam, now you have to walk around with some sort of object above your head for a while; I would take a tattoo over that any day." The girl leaned back in an amused way, maybe even feeling fully relaxed and comfortable already in the camp with a new friend.

Of course it couldn't last.

There was a light rapping on the window of the camp store causing Isabella to straiten up and tense again turning fully to view what had caused the noise. It was the group from just a few moments ago, or some of them anyway. They were all large and brute looking, all wearing he camp t-shirts she held now and although Isabella didn't know it yet Will would recognize the rambunctious group as children of Ares. They seemed to be snickering about something among themselves, the one who had made eye contact earlier gave her a wink now looking through the window. What they were laughing about among themselves about and looking quite amused she couldn't tell, but it didn't bring upon a smile as she glanced to Will with a questioning expression. She thought she heard the phrase new camper once more through the window and although she wouldn't admit it it have her a slightly uneasy feeling. "...should we go out and say hello?"

He sighs a bit and rubs his eyes upon seeing the Ares campers "yeah..we should but I'm going to warn you those are children of Ares god of war..those kids love to fight and I mean LOVE it. If you had to compare them to a high school they're the classic brainless jock that likes to bully others not all of them are bad but these are some of the bad ones they like to.."test" the new blood and see if they're wOrth keeping around impress them and you'll be fine dont..and your practicaly mud to them I know it's not in your nature to back down from a fight don't argue with me we both know it's true I'm begging you until you've had some training in combat try not to fight with them ok?"

He gave her one more quick pleading look that meant he was serious he knew she could handle herself but she hadn't faced anything like the Ares kids before. Not waiting for an answer though he steps outside and gives a small smile to them "hey guys..what's up?"

Isabella snorted and crossed her arms firmly. "Jocks? Please. I'm not here to try and 'impress' anyone." The girl was certain they could 'test' her all they wanted but she wasn't going to go out of her way to try and gain their standards. However she did open her mouth in protest when Will suggested she didn't like to back down from a fight, quickly silenced by how next words with a scowl. She wasn't planning on making enemies on her first day of camp, still that little reminder not to start a fight may have just proved itself useful in a few moments.

She followed him outside, standing a few feet in distance away although leaning on her weight towards Will. Isabella was sizing the campers up just as much as they were her, although most of them were on the bulky side as opposes to her rather thin fit shape. Whatever. She was still certain she could outwit them all. Hey, your not supposed to be thinking like that! Remember what Will said? Don't start a fight!

"Hey Will," One of the guys, the pair of green eyes she had met, turned his attention over once being addressed. He had an amused expression with something of a mischievous glint, also flanked by probably one of the most bear-like girls she had ever seen. "We were just heading down to the hearth, noticed you picked up someone new and thought we would give her her intuition first. You know, he usual warm welcome to a new camper from the Ares cabin." He crossed his arms over his chest and glanced back to Isabella, who returned the hard look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will crosses his arms and continued to give them that same tight lipped smile as he prayed silently on his headsl head to the God's that no one would do something stupid "yes..this is Isabella she's new to camp and just arrived and it's been a long day and we would just like to eat a meal relax aat the bonfire and go to bed"

"Hey it's been the usual long day for all of us, but what better way to end it then making a new friend?" There was a sarcastic twist to his tone and the grin did not fade. The girl beside him shorted with laughter as if she had been holding it in. "They'll be plenty of time for all that after, why don't you let us take her down to the washroom now though to get a proper welcome?" This brought another round of snickers, it was common knowledge around camp and to anyone who had been greeted in this way that the Ares cabin liked to introduce new campers as of the recent by dunking their heads in the bathroom toilets.

Isabella didn't quite know what he meant by that, but she did know what ever it was; an activity that took place in the washroom with a group of seemingly bustled people she ha just met couldn't be pleasent. However he was also done letting Will talk for her, rather now the girl moved her shoulders back slightly and crossed her own arms against her chest. "Excuse me? I think I'll pass, but thanks for the offer. Come on Will we should get going." She looked to her fiend with the slightest bit of an amused glance -amused that he thought she was going to get into a fight- and nudged him as to emphasize her words.

However before she could get any where the path was blocked by that same Ares child, Mark. "Hey, why so quick to run away? We got a tradition running here, wouldn't want to ruin it would you?"

He steps into Marks face and glares into his eyes "ya know mark I think I might start a tradition myself and that one will be to fill your cabin with water from the shitter every time you try to "initiate" one of the new campers so I'll tell you this one more time back off and leave her alone you'll get to test her mettle in battle soon enough but until then she's off limits..now if you wanted to try your luck with me I v won't stop you" he grins a mischievous look in his eyes he told her she couldn't get into a fight but he never said anything about him not getting into one "yet we all know you won't you know I can easily take you out even with five of your siblings at your back so why don't you go sharpen your swords and polist your armor and go to the bonfire before I get really upset"

Isabella was clearly about to give the guy a few choice words of her own when Will stepped up; although she didn't usually like other people stepping into her problems, the girl couldn't help but feel slightly grateful for Wills protection at the moment. After all, these kids were big.

She was caught slightly by surprise at his challenge directly in Marks face -didn't he just tell her not to get into a fight?- but couldn't help to admire the boys confidence with his own abilities. In fact it left Isabella wondering if he actually had taken the group down before -He had taken down a Chimera so how much harder could this bulky group be compared to that beast?

"You know what Ocean? I think your a little too strung up on your high horse." Mark glared back at his challenged full height. "It's time somebody knocked you down from there." However before the boys could potentially break out into a fight the girl on his left stepped in and also, surprisingly, Isabella.

"Comon man you know that isn't a good idea, let's just ditch this one for now." The Ares girl tugged at his arm while Isabella stepped closer to Will giving him a light poke in the side. "He's not worth your time, seriously. Let's get out of here." She have him a half-smile and a look that said rather clearly she was grateful but would rather not have a fight break out for once.

Will grins at Mark and shakes his head "you know what I say is true you just hope your not against me tomor row in capture the flag or your going to be in deep shit"

He takes Isabellas hand and pulls her away towards the mess hall with a sigh he stops just outside and gives her an apologetic smile "I'm sorry..I imagine your kinda tired of me fighting your battles for you so far..I promise you it won't be like this forever while I'll always have your back I won't be fighting the brutes unless you ask me to."

"Don't worry about it,". Isabella replied honestly returning the smile she had given a surprising amount of today, definitely more the usual; she have him a light punch to the shoulder. Maybe it was her way of being re-assuring -although even with the light hit it was clear she wasn't too strong. "It won't be long at all before I build up some skill and start saving your damsel butt from similar situations I'm sure." The girl joked lightly before braiding her red hair back in a swift quick motion.

Upon walking into the mess hall the dirt thing she noticed of corse was the lack of a roof. "Although, you are a bit of a hypocrite telling me not to get into a fight. So what were they trying to do, anyway?" As she talked Isabella pulled off her jacket to put on the camp t-shirt over her tank top -naturally, a perfect fit. Without her thick leather jacket on it was easily seen she didn't have a body worth hiding. "The outcome wouldn't have been good for them, mind you." She stated confidently. "I've gotten out of much rougher situations. But thanks for being there."

Status
Not open for further replies.