The Untold Story of an Olympic Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only stayed out for a few more minutes he didn't want to risk getting yelled at by the harpies that patrolled the camp at dark to make sure the campers were safe but at the same time not breaking any of the rules. He didn't know why he placed the kiss on her cheek and thinking about it now brought a blush to his own face it was just something that felt right before he had even done it. Shaking his head he turns and hurries back to his cabin walking inside he looks around slowly before giving a small sigh he takes off his shirt and tosses it to the side and lays down on his bed and almost instantly falling asleep.

The next morning he woke up bright and early and yawned smiling he gets up and goes into the bathroom of the cabin and takes a quick shower he then got changed into a spare orange t shirt and a pair of jeans. Walking outside he heads towards the Hermes cabin and knocks on the door to make sure everyone was up since as one of the counselors he had to make sure no one missed breakfast

Isabella was up at before the sun, or rather as usual, she woke just as the sun was being brought brimming into the sky. Even during the summer when it would raise at four in the morning she could never sleep while it's warm reaches started to trail across the sky. Unlike many of her cabin-mates who snored and snoozed on. She decided to take the opportunity to explore camp a bit before the day had started but first a change of clothes and a shower were in order.

By the time Will came knocking on the Hermes cabin door, only a few campers were still there and Isabella was not among them. Cassy opened the door to greet him as the few campers who were left filed out. "Hey, everyone seemed to be out early today. Guess it's about time for breakfast soon, hmm? Have you seen Isabella? She wasn't there when I woke up, in fact I think she was up and out before anyone but I haven't gotten time to go looking around yet."

Isabella of course, wasn't wasting her many hours before they had to go down to the messhall to eat. "Oh come on! That was a clear hit, I hit you in the arm!" "Well if it wasn't hard enough for me to feel it it wouldn't be hard enough to take down a monster." The girl shifted her weight with a scowl, one hand on her hip and the other clutching a dull plain iron sword. They had been at this for quite some time now, batting at one and other although Isabella seemed quite more beaten up then her opponent; Damion from the night before. She had a thin dull cut on her arm from where his weapon had scraped too roughly and a few bruises on the exposed skin of her arms and legs with shorts and no jacket, but not once did the girl complain. After all, she was learning.

"Alright let's go again then, best out of fourth six!" The boy grinned at her words, straitening up. He was an ares after all, and clearly enjoyed repeatedly beating her. "Seriously? Your just going to end up on the ground again, don't you want to take a beak or something?" Isabella snorted, getting into the position ex had showed her again with a smirk. "Why, you worried I'm going to beat you this time?"

He rubs the back of his head curious as to where she would be it was then he heard the clang of metal from the coliseum grinning he knew it was her he hurries to the med station and grabs an ambrosia bar and hurriesto the coliseum to watch the battle he stood nearby close enough they could easily see him but far enough a way so he wouldn't get in their way

Isabella was a quick learner, and after only a few hours of practice the girl had definitely made progress from the hopeless case she had started out as. After all she had never held a weapon before this, and now Isabella was standing correctly and everything; even knew how to block and Damion had been criticizing what she had been doing wrong so she could pick up on her mistakes. It was much appreciated.
With that being said, swords were clearly not Isabellas thing. She sucked with the sword.

Her movements were quick and never missed, but they were often clumsy enough to be easily deflected. Another big problem was she didn't have much power in each of her blows, her sword being pushed back from his seemingly without any effort on her opponents side. But it was clear to see her heart was in it, the girls face scrunched up in concentration as she repeatedly went against him again and again without tiring or backing down; she sure did have one hell of a determined heart. At first they had been going just with the swords, first hit down style but now each component was playing to get the other on the ground.

Isabella was considerably better at this.

"I told you," Damion sighed almost irritably as he stepped back, they had started to circle slightly each looking for the perfect time to go for a hit. "You're better at offensive. You need to tire your partner out first, dodge their moves, and wait for a good moment to strike." Unfortunately, it was a bad time for him to talk because at the last word the boy wasn't paying attention and took the wrong step forward with a strong swing -and of course missed because by that time Isabella was already behind him and gave a good boot to his back causing her opponent to fall forward and hit the ground on his knees.

"Alright, that doesn't count! You didn't even hit me with the sword once!" Isabella smirked at the excuse, this was her third win out of forty-six and she was going to fight for it. "Would you use that excuse with a monster, too? I got you on the ground, that's the goal, it counts." She looked up suddenly, something catching her attention and of course it was Will standing there. He received a bright smile and a wave over.

"Hey there, care to join us-" The words were cut off by a hand around her ankle as her opponent gave a tug taking Isabella down to the ground with him where she had left him. "Hey! Fowl play, we weren't matching!" "You gonna use that excuse with a monster too?"

He laughs and shakes his head he jumps down and walks over to them "ok guys break it up remember your on the same side and it's training you don't have to kill each other" he walks over and pulls the two apart being careful if their swords he tosses Daimon a bar and holds one out to her "here eat this it'll heal your wounds and give you some energy"

"Thanks," Isabella laughed and took his offering. She definitely hadn't been expecting anything magical, so the effects of the bar were a bit of a shock but much appreciated on her part. After all they were quite battered up and it was still early morning. She hadn't touched anything but a sword yet, and knew there was going to be a long day ahead. Plus capture the flag.

"Kill her? Please, I was going easy on her." The guy smirked bringing a snort from Isabella. "Please! As if, I took you down three times fair and square." She gave Will a wink. "You're next. Just wait, once I get the hang of this the tables will be turned Damion." She leaned against one of the long white collombs and stretched her arms out in front of her. They had been sore before the bar, but now with a new burst of energy she was feeling ready to go again.

He laughs and shakes his head "oh Isabella you challenge me your going to be in deep trouble but that's for later it's breakfast time you don't eat you go hungry till lunch so cmon let's go eat then we can show you around a bit more for extra training befire capture the flag"

"I don't think you know just who your dealing with." Isabella raised an eyebrow with a smirk confidently at Will before nodding after his last words. "Sounds good, you coming Damion?" Isabella glanced at her partner who shook his head and gave an excuse, which she shrugged off with a smile. "M'kay, catch you later then." Turning back to Will she walked with him to the mess hall, she had a good sense of her surroundings and didn't have to look back to know Damion was watching her go with something else on his mind.

"All right, So I suck with a sword. But at least I have good aim, and I'm getting better." She gave a wink to Will chuckling lightly. "Its not really my thing yet. Oh, and Kaidan is probably going to aggressively apologise to you today for not seeing me to the cabin last night. Just a heads-up." She looked rather in a good mood today.

He laughs and shakes his head "everyone has their thing here even the Ares kids you don't know which weapon their favorite is I just happen to be good with a trident and a sword my guess is that your skill will be with a bow as for Kaiden he'd probably apologize to me for something anyways so it's not that big of a deal but seriously I'm glad your enjoying yourself your catching on quick I'm impressed

Isabella looked rather pleased with herself at the last comment. "Soon enough I'll be kicking your butt." She stuck her tongue out at him playfully as the walked.

And as promised, upon entering the mess hall Will was ambushed. "Look I'm sorry man she just sorta slipped away last night! Like seriously one moment you were there and she was too the next you were gone and she was like -Poof!" Only then did he notice Isabella and grinned, catching her in a light headlock-hug. "You trying to give me a heart attack or something?! Running off like that on your first day, honestly!"

"No I'm sorry!" The girl squeaked in a laugh trying to get out of the grip. "Well its not like you were particularity hard to get away from!" She teased lightly, earning a scruffle of her long red hair before she managed to pull away.

He laughs and chuckles patting his shoulder lightly "it's ok man seriously she ran into me and she went to her cabin shortly after its all good" he winks at Isabella "and you've got a long way to go before you can compete with me now in Archery that'll probably be a different story but for hand to hand your in trouble if you challenge me" he chuckles and sits down in an open seat two seats open on both sides of him

Kaidan looked ridiculously relieved as he sat down beside Will rather then joining his table again, and Isabella followed on the other side. "Why archery? Oh wait because of my aim, right?" She almost immiaidately felt silly for asking, then again she had never even touched a bow before. "I'm guessing that's something I practice on targets with, not opponents right?" There was clearly a joking tone to her voice, but another thing came to mind quickly following with a smirk. "Oh I don't know about that, I'm pretty fast. You might be stronger but I have a feeling it won't be that hard to take you down in hand-to-hand combat -after all your clearly under-estimating me."

He chuckles as his goblet fills with milk and a big plate of bacon egas and toast appears in front of him "yes because of your aim and I'm not underestimating you I'm just stating and I mean this in the nicest way but your kinda clumsy with the sword theres no flow to your moves you might be quick but without flow you can easily be blocked and knocked off balance I can work with you some if you want but Belle your thing is archery"

Of course Isabella knew what he was saying was true but it didn't stop her sticking out her tongue at him. It was clear his words didn't offend her the slightest, but they also didn't down-put her. She raised an eyebrow at the nick-name. "Belle? Well alright then, William. We can give archery a go then after I suppose, but don't give up hope on me quite yet with hand-to-hand combat. I'll get it eventually." A meal appeared before her as well, but before Isabella could start a most familiar face seated at the other end of the table with a bright smile.

And of course, Isabella was overjoyed to see her friend. "Rose! I was wondering when you were going to pop in again!" Rose gave a small smile of her own, resting her cheek on her palm and an arm on the table. "Well... I've been around, just no time to stop and say hello unfortunately..."

He chuckles and puts his arms around the two girls "ah the v original three are back together what a joyous day the shy Satyr the loud mouthed unclaimed Demi god and me the handsome charming funny adventurous and just all around amazing son of Poseidon"

Will earned a good laugh from both Isabella and Rose from that one, a long laugh too. "Adventurous? I think you mean boisterous." One of the girls snorted, followed by a giggle from the second. "And sometimes goofy." Rose added, making Isabella grin at their target. "Oh don't forget plucky." "Sassy is a good one too." Poor Will was subject to this playful poking for a few more minuets before they finally both ended up putting their arms over his shoulders and giving them a sqeeze.

"Besides, You're more of a loud-mouth then me." Isabella concluded before turning to Rose. "So what have you been up to? Picking up more new campers?" She wasn't really sure if the Satyr worked for the camp, or if she did something more then that.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He smiles and laughs along with the girls taking each and every poke at him in stride returning a few of his own when he was able to get a word in. when they finished teasing each other he looks at Isabella to answer for Rose "Rose only hunts for new campers with me and we only go out when we're assigned to in her spare time she helps out around camp makes sure things are in order, she'll be a ref for the game later other then that she's just another camper like you and me she hangs around has fun tells stories sings songs, the only thing she doesn't do is get involved in the combat training because I'm sure your well aware that she adores violence."

"Why do we need a ref? Do the campers have a habit of not playing by the rules?" Isabella questioned lightly, taking a bite of her toast afterwords. It was odd, but she was already feeling comfortable and could see herself slipping into this as something of a habit. Mornings, days, and nights at camp half-blood.

"Sometimes we can have a bit of trouble when campers get... a little too into the game." Rose said thoughtfully giving a small smile as she leaned into Will just a bit. "But we also need people who aren't involved with the game running around to make sure no one gets hurt. From campers or monsters, because it takes place in the forest after all."

Isabella looked slightly shocked. "There are monsters in the forest? Like, big ones? Ones we should be worried about?"

"we don't have anything serious like a Chimera out there we have some weaker monsters out there that only really do damage if you run into a large group of them, the refs are mostly there to make sure no one gets killed because like Rose said sometimes campers get too into it and get pretty violent I'm not going to name anyone specifically" He fakes a cough and says "Ares cabin" shaking his head he smiles at her "its completely safe though we deck out in full Greek armor you get to take whatever weapons you want with you all magic or abilities you have from your parent is legal anything goes basically just don't kill anyone unless they're a monster"

Isabella rolled her eyes at the cough, of course she could see Ares cabin causing trouble during something like that. But enough to seriously hurt someone, even kill them? Hopefully not. Although... if she was being honest with herself, the girl just couldn't see sweet shy little Rose stepping in to stop a brutal fight between campers. "Well, this upcoming event just got a whole lot more intense." But she didn't sound too concerned, Isabella was certain she would be fine and gave good fun at the end of the night. The new information didn't change her excitement, and even more excitement to get back to training or playing around with new weapons. "I've never worn armour before, that should be interesting."

"Oh, and they have light-weight armour too so it will be easier for you to keep quick. Not as deflective though." Rose said thoughtfully, shaking her head free of thought. "In other news... I uh... the counsel was really happy with our work bringing another camper in safe and sound..." Rose looked up to the two with a small smile, but she was clearly more overjoyed with this news then her quiet demeanour would allow her to express.

Status
Not open for further replies.