The Unplanned Arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, sleep well Itachi. I'll have a bento ready for you in the morning." Sayuri said kindly and softly as she sat there still at the table, smiling as Toraburu and once more curled up in her lap and begun to sleep. It seemed the summon was very fond of her, though she really had no idea that would be. She didn't mind though, if it was only seeking a cuddle and some sleep, she would happily become a pillow for the young puppy. Finishing her tea, she headed back into her room once more with pup in her arms, planning on coming up with a nice filling bento for Itachi so that he would have something to eat while out at least...
___

And that went on for four days. Sayuri would awaken and make a nice large bento for Itachi, not too much food but enough to feed him nicely. Though, she had gone and bought Itachi several sizes of bento, since he had such different eating habits. Some were two layered and thin, other's were wider and one layered. Either way he had plenty of things he enjoyed. She often cooked chicken or pork, considering he didn't care much for beef for fish unless it was sushi. Seasoned rices and usually a cooked cabbage of some kind. Other times she'd put in a cold noodle dish that was classic to the season of summer. Though she made a serious note to always have two dango spears in his lunch as a small treat.

After all, he was working so late that she often got into bed long before he returned home. He didn't have much of a chance to eat dango any other time. Today was no different. Itachi had gotten up and left after eating the breakfast she made and taking the bento she had prepared for him. Now she was working on cleaning the front step, sweeping quietly as she kept to herself. It had already been a week living here and she still felt a little shy. The only other person in the whole clan that she knew was Shisui...no one ever seemed to come over to this side of the compound or even approach her...Well, save for one person.

"Sayuri-san..." Sasuke called as he walked over slowly. He was dressed for a mission, obviously several minutes out from leaving as he had a back pack stuffed full of supplies with him. Looking up from her work she smiled at her future brother-in-law and bowed politely.

"Morning Sasuke-san. What can I do for you?" She asked softly.

"Is Itachi home?" He asked smoothly.

"Ah...No, He's been leaving early for missions all week...He won't be back until very late either. Sorry Sasuke-san..." She said slowly as she looked to him. "Um...Is it something important? I can write him a small note to see when he returns home tonight."

Sasuke huffed a bit uncomfortably, not too happy at how civil he had to keep being with the woman who he thought would ruin his brother's life. Still, it was the only person that had seen his brother at all in the past week, not even their own parents had had the time to speak with him. Sighing a bit he nodded his head a little.

"Not a note...but do tell him I'll be out on a mission...I can't say what but He'll probably figure it out for himself...Thanks." He said before turning to leave.

"Um...Sasuke-san?" She asked before he could get to far. He paused and turned to look at her. "Um...Please, be safe."

For the past few days, Itachi was barely home. He would come home in the 'late mornings' and sleep for only an hour before having breakfast, taking his bento, and leaving to which this cycle repeated. He was pretty much busy and only allowed home to stay for breakfast and an hours sleep so the mission was quite serious. Thankfully, he was used to having his daily schedule changed like his sleep cycle for example therefore his body was adaptable and no sleep didnt affect his being not chakra.

It happened this morning, and same applied for Shisui as well who came home to a sleeping rin to which he would wake up as promised to talk every single night when he came home. However Itachi was unable to do so with sayuri as he was busier then Shisui despite being partners. When Itachi came home while sayuri was sleeping, he showered, slept very briefly, woke up, had breakfast, left. It was how it was for Itachi and they only had breakfast time to talk however once stuffed he'd just leave and thank sayuri.

---

Later that night or atleast late early morning.. Pretty much 'the next day' as it was six in the morning itachi came home an showered. Later would be his last day on his mission and after showering he slept, kizuato by his side--The fox was more like a companion now than a summoning fox also going on the long anbu missions with him as a 'faceless fox' (last fox but with one tail) which was his true form.

After 50 minutes it was six fifty and Itachi woke up earlier then before slightly and got himself cleaned up. He could smell the food being made--Even sayuri set herself up to wake up slightly earlier then his 7 o'clock time to prep food for him. Itachi sat at the table and yawned. Today would definitely be his last day and he would have more time then usual to talk to sayuri.

Sayuri had gotten up once again, it being another very early start for herself. Of course, Itachi was getting up just as early and sleeping much less, so she was certain that it could be so much worse than it truly was. This morning, she had made a simply rice porridge as well as another omelet and some coffee. In her free time she had gotten some coffee, her brother having brought over a small coffee press he had found while out and about on his own. It made two cups but for Itachi, she was certain that it helped him a little bit at least.

Setting the finished food before him she smiled and went back to finishing up his bento. It was a lovely little thing today, as she remembered today would be the last day of his missions, he had mentioned it the last morning they had spoken together. Hopefully Itachi would finally get the sleep he needed then, as she couldn't imagine him having much energy anymore at this point. HE truly did impress her when it came to things like that. She was tired just after cleaning the house all alone, She couldn't imagine doing such gruling missions for so many days on such little sleep!

Wrapping up the bento, she set the finished item beside him on the table and took a seat herself, drinking a small cup of coffee. SHe would make her own breakfast later, as Itachi would always have to leave quickly before she was done cooking. Today though, being as it was his last day of this missions, she wondered if maybe he would be home sooner. "Will you be late again? I know it is the last day but...I just would like to know if I should make you a meal tonight or if I should not." She asked with a sweet smile.

Itachi quickly scarfed down his food without choking. He looked at Sayuri and forced a smile."Most likely I'll be home late. I wouldn't mind dangos when I come home. Quick and easy and neat." He commented as he chugged down his slightly hot coffee putting the cup down and picking up his things to put in the sink."Also, I prefer coffee than tea." He grinned grabbing the bento box and quickly kissing her cheek."Thanks, bye." He said leaving as soon and quickly as possible for his mission. Itachi in general wasn't the lovey dovey type, so it was like a forced affection to show his love in a way and he disappeared off leaving.

"Alright..." She said lightly as she blushed from the small kiss on her cheek. It wasn't something she was used to, and Itachi didn't really show much affection at all. Maybe, Once or twice, he had kissed her cheek, but it was so far in between if it did happen. It made her wonder if Itachi would ever really be interested in the marriage at all. He seemed so much more close to Shisui...but she knew very well that Shisui had gotten himself engaged willingly...Could it be one sided?

No, she couldn't say for certain, Itachi was also very busy, it was possible that being close to her was not on his mind. She would have probably been the same way if she had been in his position. Sending him off with a small wave, she went about her cleaning for the day, and also prepared a nice plate of dango for when Itachi would come back home. A very nice treat for his last day of this long missions.

While preparing to be off to his mission, shisui caught up to itachi as they put their gears on. Mask, sword, paddings, and about everything else the typical ANBU would wear. They soon officially setted off on their last day and after six hard hours they succeeded, everyone tired. That is until the ground began shaking and a large snake was summoned below them."Shit! Everyone, above!" He yelled. The large brown snake hissed thrashing tail around the trees and itachi was nonchalant throughout the whole situation, doing hand signs and taking a deep breath in, letting out his fire ball jutsu. Shisui followed along and the snake hissed loudly,melting. That was to easy, and something was wrong. The ANBU seemed tired and drained more then usual, the snake was nearly feeding off their chakra somehow and the members landed on ground."Let's have a small break and continue in an hour and a half." panted the male.

The day was rather quiet in the village, Sayuri found herself cleaning the kitchen as she had finished preparing the dango for Itachi when he would return home. Though it was quiet, and wondered if there was anything else that she could do to pass the time. After all, she didn't have any work and she had long since left her job at the cafe at her mother's request. After all, going against that woman would bring down a lot more than just listening to her properly. Still, she missed having something to do. The next time she would be needed was still rather far off according to the note she had received.

With her cleaning done, she had gathered up her art things and headed into the sitting room to draw. She opened the paper doors and let the air in as practiced some of her art. After all, she had plenty of time and all the cleaning was done. Maybe something would fall into view for her to draw.

{ I never noticed this much technology in naruto lolol and I'm gonna pretend minato is alive? It is AU...8D and he had such a short life. We can both play him.. I don't know how to explain the idea you had lol.}

--time skip--
After more hours of being done with the mission, someone who was delivering a message for the hokage called for itachi."Can I come?" Shisui asked. The messenger nodded quietly and the three went to the towers. Upon arrival, the messenger bowed stepping aside the entrance and itachi and shisui walked in. Once they reached the hokage's door itachi sensed something funny and placed an arm Infront of shisui, stopping him from getting any closer."The head wants me only Shisui...." Itachi said. Shisui nodded."I can feel that funny feeling too.. Well I'll be waiting here at the door." He said as he sat across the door leaning his back against the wall. Itachi nodded as he understood and soon opened the door to the hokage's room quietly and closed it behind him.

He approached the desk and was a few feet away from it. The male bowed and stand back up straight at the center of the room."You wished to see me.. Is there another task..?" He asked. The hokage looked hard at itachi, he was being serious and not all cheerful or grinning."Itachi.." The hokage said. His elbows were on his desk and his hands were attached together, below his nose (similar to how sasuke used to sit XD).

There was a silence and he finally let out a deep breath."I'm releasing you free of duty for two months.. You'll still be paid." Said the head of the village. Itachi was surprised, but had a straight face anyways."You did your job well. But I'm afraid I'll have to release you temporarily for your benefit." Explained the hokage.

Itachi looked at the highness and blinked."If I may ask, hokage.. But why?" And the hokage merely chuckled."I don't know how to say this.. But I'll explain it briefly, then you can go to your parents for more information." He/she replied."And come back to me for the deeper into depth information." This now, worried itachi. Something was wrong and it involved his family? He stand there listening.

{ maybe you can say the hokage is like,"I assigned team 7 a mission." But he doesn't tell itachi the task he just summarizes what happens then itachi goes to his parents as planned and they tell him his brothers condition and explain it to him fully and clearly. Then he goes to Sayuri, then a few days or weeks later he goes back to the hokage for the 'deeper' information XD }

Minato, The current Hokage and Naruto's father, looked over the young man before him. He knew very well the depth of hsi relationship with his brother, it was one of the strongest bonds he had ever witnessed. Most brother's that took on such work had a fierce competition between each other, but for the Uchiha Brothers, it was more a game and challenge to become better than the other, then a show of power and strength. Sighing, he found this difficult news to bear...However, just letting Itachi stumble upon it could have worse consequences than informing him now.

"I had given team seven a mission, the team your brother currently resides on." He started out calmly. "It was a success, but at a price...Sasuke has sustained sever injuries. Thankfully, he had a medic like Haruno Sakura on his team, he had been partially saved because of her work but even now, his condition is not stable. I know nothing more than that, though I am certain your parents do." He said as he looked the young man in the eye firmly.

"Itachi, you are a level headed young man, please do not make me have to extend your leave any more than I already have. Do I make myself clear?" He warned strongly.

(Is this good? 8D)

{ YEAH IM JUST SHARING ROLES SO NITHER OF IS HAS FULL HANDS }
As itachi listened, his eyes widened in surprised. He was somewhat relieved that there was a healer on the team but held in his emotions on the other hand. Minato gave itachi a stern look."Itachi, you are a level headed young man, please do not make me have to extend your leave any more than I already have. Do I make myself clear?" He warned. Itachi was speechless on the other hand, he was going to tell minato he didn't however it wasn't worth it and he let out a sigh.

"Yeah.." He responded before turning around to leave."I'm going to mother and father." He said taking his leave and shisui stand up looking at itachi. He heard what they were saying, and didn't have a grin on his face. Instead a look of concern. He opened his arms, forcing a small sneer and itachi let out a sigh hugging his friend."Well,me wish I can come for support., but I have to go home and it's best you go alone. I believe this Is just a family matter." Shisui said in his ear and released his friend, giving him a salute as he grinned."Take care." He said before disappearing with his body flicker technique.

Itachi himself used the same technique and appeared outside. He traveled rooftop to rooftop to go check on his parents and after about ten minutes slid across the ground on his feet stopping Infront of a hospital. He was told the room and walked to the room door, staring blankly. He heard his father trying to calm his mother down and his mother trying to calm down. Itachi then knocked slightly before opening the door with slight shakey hands and when they saw him mikoto immediately hugged itachi tightly and burst into tears. Fugaku arms crossed had a look of concern.

Itachi kicked the door closed behind him as he hugged his mother and she stepped aside."He's in a coma! They don't know how long!" She yelled whimpering through her tears and itachi himself gulped refraining from showing any emotions. He looked over his shoulder at fugaku.

"Something happened, he sacrificed himself. Most likely this was deliberate and the only plan that would work to achieve the assigned mission." Fugaku said."I know for a fact, my second son is not clumsy. My kids never are, therefore sasuke knew the consequences, just not how severe it would actually be. Or maybe he did." Commented fugaku. Itachi stayed quiet and sat beside his little brother who was laying in bed sleeping deeply. He held onto his hand, as a concerned older brother and let out a sigh, nothing more."It's no ones fault." Commented itachi knowing fugaku was blaming minato indirectly.

"But he assigned a mission to them! They weren't ready!--"
"But sasuke knew. Like you said, he was aware. He was ready."

Interrupted itachi much to the fathers dismay. Fugaku tssked and mikoto remained Infront of him to prevent physical drama."I get that you work for Konoha--But you are an uchiha as well! You honor our clan name--Not just Konoha! You are a shinobi of the uchiha so not Konoha!" Yelled fugaku."Kakashi was irresponsible! I also warned sasuke many times about the jinchuuriki!" He growled. Itachi looked over his shoulder."That's enough father!" He hissed."It's no ones fault, knowing naruto and sasukes relationship it's no different then me and shisui. I'm pretty sure naruto lost control--Not towards his best friend--But for his best friend. Kakashi was once an ANBU team captain but when you're sasuke's rank as well as a sensei, you must learn to fend for yourself with out the teacher. In this case sasuke learned self sacrifice--Not from you from me, I admit. Because I was the only one he looked up to. With you alone he'd be selfish., A cruel child who'd end up alone. he learned self righteousness from me. I was the one whose footsteps he followed. You care to much about about power that you are a cold man." Scoffed itachi at his selfish father finally speaking up.

"Now I'll be staying here with him until then.." Itachi said. Fugaku, infuriated left and mikoto stayed quiet. She was slightly proud of her son."Good bye.. Take care itachi." She said, walking towards him and giving him a kiss on the head. He sat on a cushioned chair and sighed. He'll most likely go home later.

Sayuri found herself sitting quietly near the table drinking coffee, even though it was very late. Call it a sixth sense, but she had a feeling something terrible happened. Living a life with three men as ninja...it was a sense you seemed to grasp and understand. Be it in the air, the earth or maybe the energy of the world around her...Sayuri knew something went horribly wrong. Her mother often got the same way when her father would be reported in the hospital. She'd stay up late, as if knowing she'd get a knock on the door at some ungodly hour with the news. Sighing, she looked into the dark brew before her, wondering what to do with herself as she waited.

Would it be Itachi who was hurt? Or maybe it had been Shisui? She had not seen Sasuke in a long while either....She couldn't be certain, and that made her only worry more. She wasn't apart of this family, not yet by law. Ever so, she was still a member of the ninja community in the way, she spent her life growing up around it and involved in be, even if behind her own mother's back. Glancing to the plate of dango she had sitting on the table, she wondered if maybe there was something she could do...something to assist them even though she wasn't of great strength or power. Then again she wouldn't know what happened until someone came over...or Itachi came home.

Sighing again, Sayuri stood up and closed the paper doors that lead to the walking path on the outside of the home. She would wait outside...She could feel it in the air and she knew that she would never be able to sleep if she didn't know anything. Wandering towards the front door, she left her coffee behind and stepped outside, taking a seat upon the stoop and breathing in the air deeply. Off in the distance she could see a couple arriving at the main house. Was that Itachi's parents? It was too dark at this point to tell much else other then entering the house and the lights going on for a small moment before going off as well. Sighing again, she looked up to the starry sky, praying a small prayer that whoever was hurt was safe and sound where they belonged.

Itachi who still remained at his brothers side, summoned Kizuato again. Kizuato aware of the situation pawed itachi's leg."Tell Sayuri I'll be home in about two hours or less." He muttered. The fox trotted away and ran out the hospital to go to Sayuri. Itachi wouldn't want her thinking he was injured or dead or something therefore Kizuato was a messenger for him and after about fifteen minutes of running the village streets to the uchiha territory, the fox saw the girl outside the house. He sensed that she felt worried and stopped Infront of the girl, sitting down to update her.

"Itachi is fine. He's at the hospital visiting someone. He'll be home in two hours or less.." Commented Kizuato. He didn't say who, as itachi merely told him to update her without telling specific details and Kizuato licked his paw and tail."Though a heads up, he isn't feeling well. He will be emotionally Ill for who knows how long.." Kizuato said ears folded back as he pawed at sayuri's knee."The situation is truly affecting him deeply." He said."Someone is in a coma. For who knows how long.. That's all I can tell." The fox rolled his body up then down from his head to his tail as if doing a shrugging gesture with his body. His head perked up, and doing a body roll.

It had been a bit of a surprise when Kizuato appeared before her, the fox summon of Itachi's usually staying with the man at all times. She rarely saw him away from him at all, even when summoned. Looking about, she wondered if Itachi was close behind but at the news she was being given, she learned quickly that that was not the case. The hospital? That wasn't a good sign. It seemed her instincts were correct, something was wrong. Thankfully it was not Itachi who needed the medical attention, but it made her nervous a bit.

Who could be hurt so badly that Itachi would linger in the hospital with them?

She tried not to think on it, that would only force her to worry more. Itachi would tell her if he was comfortable and prepared to do so. As she looked down at the fox then, she pet his head and nodded her own a bit as he warned her of his mater's situation. She would do her best to comfort Itachi, but she was uncertain if she would be able to do anything to help him. He was such a calm man, it wasn't often she saw him express much emotion besides polite understanding. Shisui did make him smile and laugh but even so...She had never seen him upset or angry before. He never seemed ot be upset by anything at all, even if it took her long to make breakfast, or if there was something he didn't like in his bento. He only ever corrected her, never snapped.

"Thank you for telling me, Kizuato...I'll go start Itachi a bath then...I'm certain that will help him, yes? Or maybe not...I did make him dango, but I do not know if he will eat it now, considering things...Oh, if you must return to him I understand..." She added softly.

Kizuato remained at her side. Merely resting behind her legs on the ground.

--skip one hour--
After an hour Itachi was kicked out the hospital. He had to leave and once he arrived home he was surprised to see sayuri outside but seemed much more dismal, or dreary you could say. Itachi walked inside the house to shower as usual yet took longer then usual.

He had guessed by now sayuri walked in after he did as he heard kizuato pawing at the door and silently waiting calmly.

It was very late now, some time in the early morning possibly. Sayuri wasn't certain, she hadn't gone and checked. Itachi did finally return though, looking rather depressed. His return from the hospital was very quiet and calm. She said nothing though, she could tell he was in no mood to speak just yet. Instead, she followed him inside, cleaning up what she left of her coffee and also making a cup of relaxing tea. She figured he wouldn't want to drink the coffee because of just how late it was. She could hear the shower running as she stood in the kitchen, just focusing on the tea as she let the fox go and scratch at the door. Itachi needed some space, she wasn't blind to that. However, she did not want to leave him alone either...that might make her seem uncaring. Hopefully he would still eat some dango, she would feel terrible if he missed out on food after such a long day.

Once itachi had got out the shower and settled down he walked passed the table and dropped beside Sayuri, burying his face in her shoulder and hugging her tightly by her waist quietly."Cuddle me...." He said, voice muffled by her shoulder. It was hard to tell if he was crying however, after a few seconds tears filled his eyes and he wiped them on her shoulder quietly, occasionally sniffling.mhis Sharingan was still on, or Atleast his now newly formed Sharingan however he didn't fall into the curse the uchihas were known to have therefore had complete control of himself.

Sayuri had gotten the tea set upon the table and the dango there as well as she took a seat on a cushion quietly. She certainly hadn't expected anything other than Itachi to come along and have some food before going to bed. So when he had suddenly grabbed her in a strong hug, she had tensed with surprise. He had never gotten this close before, not once! As he spoke into her shoulder, she glanced at him, seeing the stains of tears forming on her kimono. His demand was soft but she had heard it, her hands reaching around him slowly as she hugged him back.

"Itachi..." She called slowly, leaning her head very gently against his, trying to think of something to say to calm him and yet nothing came to mind. What could she say? What could she do? There was so little about him that she understood and to suddenly see him like this broke her heart...what was worse was that she had no clue on how to fix his mood either.

As sayuri simply hugged him back his shoulders were heaving up and down."Sasuke..." He muttered barely audible with his voice in a muffle. Itachi didnt lift his face up yet one bit and it seemed quiet for a moment as he sat there clinging to her.

Hearing him mumble his brother's name, she had a feeling she learned who was in the hospital. Poor Sasuke. All they had as last words was a little note she had left behind in his room on his pillow. One that was simple and really didn't say much. Hugging him tighter then, She closed her eyes and rubbed his back, letting him cry as much as he desired. A strong man like Itachi, one who kept such a calm expression, had every right in the world to cry for his brother...as it seemed it was unknown if he would make it or not. "Itachi...It's okay...Just let it out." She cooed to him softly, much like the caring wife she had been trained to be. "I'm here for you...use my shoulder all you like."

--time skip was your suggestion, since we had nothing to do XD... Time skip to the next morning 8D--

Itachi and sayuri had ended up sleeping together. The male nearly hugged her in his sleep enough for him to know when she would leave and when she came back to comfort him. He remained sleeping, occasionally waking up and giving himself back to go to sleep and it was quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.