The Unplanned Arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at him when he spoke of just using his name, she nodded her head a moment before going quiet. She could tell he was tired, though he did not look as tired as he really was. She could only assume he would not want her think of him differently. So she didn't pry too much and decided that letting him cuddle with his fox summon would be the best. It if pleased him then so be it. Still sitting there near the table, she looked to him as he ate the dango slowly.

"Um, I haven't started dinner yet, but I can if you are hungry, Itachi." She said simply with a small smile. "I wasn't certain when you'd return, and I did not want to serve you cold food. Also, I was going to make some Yakitori with some onigiri for dinner, but I wasn't sure what fillings you liked for those. I have some fish roe for those if you'd want, as well as pickled plums and some salted cod but I would like to make what you'd enjoy." She said giving him a kind smile.

As itachi ate, he listened."Onigiri.. And Yaki..Tori?" He repeats to himself then nodded as she listed his preference for choosing a filling for the onigiri. In the process of thinking he looked at her."Hmm..." He muttered."Just do anything you want." Replied itachi as he grabbed the last Dango and ate it quickly before putting the skewer on the plate."Sorry, I'm just exhausted." He sighed as he laid back down abruptly.

"And next time if I don't show, it's fine. You can eat without me and leave me dinner out or in the fridge.. I can always come home and heat it up." The male said kindly before letting out another sigh and petting Kizuato. Then itachi gestured up and stretched his arms up in the air."I'm going to take a nap... Wake me when finished if I'm still sleeping." Itachi said walking away to his room and leaving his door slightly open.

In his room, once itachi reached his bed frame and futon he jumped on it, laying on his back with Kizuato still in his shirt and immediately closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep.

Sayuri watched as Itachi left the room, obviously needing the nap he said he was going to take. She wondered if this was going to be a common thing, him going off to sleep. It wouldn't be shocking though, considering his position as an ANBU captain and his level in the Uchiha clan. It would only be a matter of time before she found herself spending more time alone that with him around. It was a concerning thought, as this marriage was already on shaky ground considering is was arranged by their parents. They also had to get through a year of living together before the wedding even happened. Would this be alright? Would Itachi even have time to...

Blushing as she had let her mind wander to technicalities that were no where near important as if yet, she shook her head quickly since he had long since gotten into his bed. How embarrassing, still it was a good question to ask herself. Time would come for that though, much much later on thankfully. Instead, she cleared the dishes from his snack and got up, heading into the kitchen to begin dinner. She started the rice cooker first before going about cutting up some chicken for the Yakitori. Hopefully he'd enjoy it, she made sure to remove all the bones after all. He had been very clear on that dislike and she herself only liked using bones in stews, and just for flavor. She would never serve them at her table. But, father's always dominated in a way what was made.

She knew very well her father loved salted cod. It was almost on the table every night in some form. As a side dish, in onigiri, even in the soups and stews. This was now going to be Itachi's table though, since he'd be the husband and therefore...a father at some point. Shaking her head again as she slapped her head a bit, she blushed. These thoughts could only be caused by her mother. The woman had always been blunt when it came to such duties as a wife. Even in her lessons it often came up in topic when she had been a teenager. Granted, it was a very important thing to know but now it was becoming embarrassing. She could only pray that in time she wouldn't be so technical in her thoughts about this relationship and just let things fall where they may. Tohru said it would be for the best if she did that, least she give herself a heart attack from stressing over the lessons of their mother.

As itachi slept, there was a knock at the back door before slowly it opened."HELLLOOOO!~" shisui called laughing slightly. Itachi sensed his presence however rolled to his side and ignored shisui, sleeping anyways before shisui sniffed the air and smelt food. He took off his shoes, tossing them out and walked into the kitchen, peeking his head in first.

"Oi.. Hey Sayuri!" He chuckled grinning and waving at her politely as if a child."Sorry for coming in uninvited and by surprise." The male said scratching the back of his head as he revealed himself entirely, walking in the kitchen and sitting on a counter she wasn't using as well as one that was clean. He was out of her way as she cooked and crossed his arms. The male looked around."Where's Ita-chan? Sleeping in for now?" He asked. Ita-chan was always a nickname meant for itachi, the chan part was a deliberate female honorific put in half of itachi's name and made up by shisui of course It started as an inside joke when many villagers often saw the two together, some knowing them as best friends for eternity, others even thinking there was something 'more' between their relationship which wasn't true. Similar to how choosing which would be older, except itachi was the one to surprise others upon talking to some girls about dominance.'If shisui is older.. And itachi is calm, who would be dominant? You, right itachi?' A fangirl asked with her friends. Itachi snickered then joked.'Shisui.' Which lead the girls insane and rampant as well as flustered in surprise.

Shisui then sniffed the air in the kitchen again."So what are you making today?" He asked. He tried to differentiate the different scents caught with his nose alone and made a pinched up face, wriggling his nose around before letting out a small chuckle smiling.

Sayuri had begun cooking the chicken skewers in a pan, the meat crisping up nice and slow while the rice cooker continued to steam and make the perfect rice for onigiri. It would be a simple dinner that wouldn't need the use of chopsticks but she had a feeling Itachi wouldn't mind, considering how he had seemed to just flop onto he bed for a nap. It also meant it could be served on platters and they would each have their own plate, making it a self serve night. That would be a good meal yes? She hopped so, she would not want Itachi to think she was taking the easy way out.

At the sound of Shisui, Sayuri instinctively tensed up. Thankfully, he hadn't been in the room just yet, instead having come in the back door before wandering into the kitchen. She relaxed and looked to him as he said hello, giving a soft and polite smile to Itachi's obviously good friend. "Ah, it's alright...You are Itachi's friend so you are welcome to come in anytime." She said simply as he wandered towards the counter, hopping onto it as she worked at the stove. He had taken the spot where she wasn't working. She continued to fry the chicken as she wandered over to the fridge, pulling out the fillings she would use for the onigiri. She also pulled out several things from the cupboard as set them on teh counter where Shisui wasn't sitting.

"Itachi has laid down for a nap just a few minutes ago. He had a long day it seems...though you must have too, Shisui-san. Would you like some tea? I am making onigiri for dinner as well as yakitori so it won't be any trouble for me to make you a cup." She offered politely to him as she flipped the chicken in the large pan so the other side could cook. A small part of Sayuri wondered about the relationship that Shisui had with Itachi. It was a very close on but also very...confusing. Yes, that was the best word for it. Itachi was calm but seemed to open up much more around his dear friend...Shisui also had no trouble speaking of marrying his friend, even if jokingly. Maybe...No, that was thinking too much into it, She had only been here a day and there was no way she could determine anything just from one meeting with the man next to her. Besides, her parents were going through with this wedding either way, even if Itachi was...well, it was unimportant now, that was something that had no idea about and was best left alone. It was time to focus on dinner...

"Ah, Shisui-san...would you like to stay for dinner?" She offered softly.

As Sayuri offered him dinner he looked up thinking."Well.. Let's see.." He mumbled to himself pondering at the offer."Sure.. But then again I wouldn't mind eating left overs. However, I'll be eating very little." Commented shisui."My wife isn't home on time... Which means she's most likely on a mission still..." But thinking harder he sighed."I mean I would like dinner, so she won't cook me anything, but I don't want to take advantage. She left me some gyoza but I chose not to eat it seeing as she'll be hungry. It's also quite exhausting to cook tonight." Then shisui let out a deep sigh."The past week has been hectic. Neither of us having enough time to cook for each other. Moreover be home together." Shrugged shisui but he grinned."But even if we are busy, we always manage to get around it lately." He laughed.

Shisui seemed to be concerned about both sides. For his wife and for Sayuri, therefore didn't necessarily choose. He was hesitant and the male looked around."Onigiri and yakitori, sounds good. Try not to burn it!" He advised."Anyways how's your day lovely?" He asked politely."Mine was tiring of course! Me and itachi' thankfully received free bento boxes from fangirls." He laughed explaining his day."They were pretty crafty! But then again, all you girls are crafty and artsy in your cooking a regardless! I had onigiri looking like chickens while itachi had pandas." Said shisui."We had a mission to handle this gang. And a big man, causing me to save itachi on time when he was literally and surprisingly, almost flattened to death! Like a fly!" Explained shisui.

"Hmm.. However we still have to look into the case. As our opponents appeared to be quite intelligent and skillful. Nonetheless, we and itachi are always partners and we also shared lunch." Shrugged shisui. He then perked his head up."Allow me to wake itachi up for dinner! Trust me on this!" He grinned placing a finger over his lip mischievously.

Letting Shisui battle out his choice aloud, she went about opening the rice cooker and cooling the large amount of rice she had made. It would take a bit, but she had plenty of time to focus on the chicken then. Shehad decided on salted salmon roe, bonito flakes with konbu, some fried pork from that morning and some salt for some plain ones. It was a good variety and she was certain that Itachi would at least eat two types. The other two were there for more variety and she herself did like salmon and the bonito flavors. Looking to him as he carried most of the conversation, Sayuri smiled and let Shisui rant on about the mission. It seemed she had been right to guess Shisui and Itachi had worked together then.

Though the way he spoke of it, it sounded more like a story than an actual fight, like one a person might find on a morning cartoon. Of course, this wasn't a cartoon, it was a very serious affair if Itachi had been sent in along with his good friend. Pouring a sauce onto the chicken, she let the sauce start to glaze onto the skewers and coat them thickly in the salty sweet sauce she picked. Not too sweet of course, jsut right for a dinner meal. Glancing to him as she started to form a rice ball, she blinked a bit when he begged to awaken Itachi.

"Ah, note yet Shisui-san...Let Itachi rest a bit more. I'm still not done cooking yet." She said with a small smile. "Anyway, I didn't know Shisui-san was married. Or maybe you are in a state like Itachi and I? Are you both living together before the wedding?" She asked curiously, as this was the first time she had heard of the young man that was Itachi's age speaking of being a married man. He certainly did't act like one if he was.

( time to introduce our OC of rin nohara XD,, or our version )

"Anyway, I didn't know Shisui-san was married. Or maybe you are in a state like Itachi and I? Are you both living together before the wedding?"

Shisui thought about it then tilted his head left and right slightly shrugging."Ehh.. Well." He explained."Something like that. I decided to marry the same day itachi did.. Or Atleast arrange a meeting." He grinned."Except unlike you guys situation, I actually wanted to marry my wife and therefore it wasn't forced upon me." He shrugged."So, it's similar but slightly different. Right now we're like you guys. Living together as well before marriage. And fighting for the house around you guys to live near you two." He laughed."However in a way, I pretty much cheated. Marrying someone I know." Added shisui grinning happily.

"Never did I approve blind marriages, so I proposed behind my parents back, told them, arranged a meeting the same day as yours, and she's approved." Explained shisui."Mother and father didn't mind her... But like said, it's cause I 'cheated'." Shrugged the happy uchiha triumphantly grinning warmly.

"Let's see, her name is Rin." Shisui said."She's pretty, has long brown hair now and that's all I feel like saying." Shrugged shisui lazily.

"Ah, Shisui-san you must be very happy then to be marrying her." Sayuri said lightly. A small part of her felt a little sad. It was very true that Itachi and herself hadn't willingly been arranged together. They didn't even know each other prior to the meeting. But because their parents were so close and seemed very determined to make this marriage happen, there was little either of them could do or say to change things. Besides, Itachi hadn't seemed to go against it and she didn't have the heart to say anything to her parents about being uncertain. But at the same time, While Itachi really could have his pick of any woman in the village, Sayuri wasn't much besides a house wife compared to most. If she hadn't been arranged with Itachi she would have probably only caught the attention of other civilians, and her father would have never approved of that.

She had been flipping the chicken in the pan yet again when he mentioned the name of his soon to be wife, making Sayuri blink a bit as the familiarity of who he spoke of. Looking to Shisui, a small part of her wondered if this woman he spoke of...could be. "Ah, Shisui-san..." She started to say as she gathered up some rice into her hands and started to prepared the first of several onigiri.

"By chance...Is her full name Rin Nohara?" Rin was a simple name, but not common. In fact, there was only one Rin she had ever met that was a ninja, the daughter of another friend of her father's. Rin was one of the few girls whom didn't mind she hadn't become a ninja. If fact, much of the time Rin would look at her jealously at her skills in cooking and flower arranging...and the massive collection of kimono's she owned. Though Rin was a very strong and independent kunoichi, she was still very much a feminine individual. Of course, in these recent years, Rin had taken on many more missions, and visits were rare, but several days before her won marriage meeting she remembered her mother mentioning Rin had stopped by to ask some questions...Could it be it was for her own arrangements?

Soon Shisui focused his attention to sayuri blinking."Rin..Nohara.. You say?" He repeats as if puzzled. Though his wife was known, he shouldn't be so surprised and he bursted out laughing momentarily."I hope thats a true guess, because yes! That is my wife!" He said placing a hand behind his head."Are you personally afflicted with her?" He asks curiously

Thankfully, Shisui and sayuri had a lot to talk about ever since they first met, though it was just shisuis social personality of exploding happiness that god to everybody. However he was serious personally with very few, no one would believe it and it was what he slightly wanted anyways. He liked to be the surprise, or the surpriser.

Sayuri found herself smiling a bit more as he admitted that she had in fact guessed right. Laughing a bit, she nodded her head at his question as she went about working on the onigiri and finished up the yakitori in the pan, the sauce was slowly glazing the chicken, making a nice gooie sauce for them to all enjoy. It was a shock but also a wonderful one to know that she would have a familiar face to turn to on the occasion. "Yes, I have known Rin-chan since we were very little!" She said happily as she started to organize the finished onigiri onto a platter.

"Rin-chan is the daughter of one of my father's close friends, so we saw each other a lot when we were little. Though, Rin trained to be a ninja unlike myself. She was still very close with me, She would come by many times to spend the night if both of her parents had to be out on missions. My mother happily took her in because Rin, even though training and learning ninja skills, always loved watching me work on my lessons to cook and arrange flowers. I suppose...You could say that for the two of us, the grass on the other side was always greener since I always loved watching her train with my brothers." Laughing a bit as she thought on it, she felt a bit more comfortable now with this information. A person she knew, it was relieving considering she felt so alone when she had to be by herself.

"Ah, I'm excited now...If you have the time please come visit with Rin-chan! I'll make a nice dinner for everyone since you all seem to work so hard. Okay?" She said quickly as she looked at him.

As Sayuri explained her relations to his wife, Rin Nohara, he nodded."Sure! I'll bring her around when chances come!" He said with a nod grinning."Rin would love that too, I'm sure." He adds."You won't believe it, she can also cook now too. I remember before, her cooking was terrible--But I still ate it anyways as a kid! Six of them, on which I choked... But I love her!" He laughs watching her prepare the dinner, and become close to finishing.

Shisui got off the counter as he walked to the yakitori and swiftly swiped some of the sauce with his finger thinking Sayuri wasn't looking. It was good, and he was so hungry he backed away from the yakitori snickering."It's so good!" He commented jumping for joy and wriggling side to side satisfyingly.

Sayuri smiled a bit as he spoke about Rin, Sayrui finished making the rest of the onigiri as the yakitori finished cooking. She was working on pulling the chicken skewers from the pan and placing them on a platter when Shisui had stolen a taste from the sauce. He was took quick for her to slap at his hand but she put one on her hip as she watched him dance excitedly. It seemed that she had made a good choice on what to make for dinner.

"Hey, Shisui-san! Wait until I'm done. Here, go set the table for dinner and then go wait up Itachi. I'll have the food on the table and some tea made when you are done. Also, wake him up nicely!" She said firmly while holding out a stack of plates to him, starting to get rather used to the strange and loud way Shisui acted.

Shisui was triumphant on avoiding a hard woman's hit to the hand, he snickered more before she scolded him."Hey, Shisui-san! Wait until I'm done. Here, go set the table for dinner and then go wake up Itachi. I'll have the food on the table and some tea made when you are done." He nodded, snickering mischievously at waking up his best friend, as he already had a plan on how and Sayuri immediately intercepted his thoughts like she knew him like an open book."Also, Wake him up Nicely!" She said. Shisui nodded and quickly set up the table as neatly as he can just to go wake up itachi.

As soon as the male finished he dashed don the hall and took a turn into itachi's room, slamming his door open to the side and jumpin on the males futon, landing over itachi and Kizuato altogether."ITAAA CHANN WAKE UP!" He yelled loudly musing, rolling around him before stopping and staring down at his friend, nearly seeming to pin him down.

Itachi, already awake stared up at shisui who grinned. He let out a deep breath of relief and shisui blinked."Hello! Dinner! Are you awa--" but was soon roughly palmed in the face, causing shisui to fall back and off his friend as itachi gestured himself up, rubbing his face."Don't be so loud, especially when I'm sleeping." He groaned holding in his slight angerness, however he did show his annoyed attitude now. Shisui, sitting on the floor had grinned and snickered, thankfully he didn't get a nose bleed from the rough skip to the face,especially from itachi and he scurried out the room satisfied.

Itachi got up as Kizuato had escaped from his shirt and trotted out. Itachi took off his shirt, as he didn't feel like wearing it all of a sudden and walked out his room, slightly still tired but not as before as he sat at the table with shisui beside him and grinning his fucking grin itachi thought. All the while poking my cheek.... Thought itachi before he nipped at shisui's finger before letting go quickly.

Sayuri finished getting the food ready as Shisui left and did as told...well partially. She heard him calling to his friend all the way in the kitchen, making her flinch a bit. Hopefully Itachi wouldn't be mad at her for letting Shisui wake him up form his nap. They were such good friends, and she had been making sure that dinner was all prepared for them and such. She had a feeling ti would be more upsetting if dinner had gotten burned.

Just as they walked in, she had set the platters on the table, as well as a nice hot pot of tea and three cups for them all to use. It was a nice and simple dinner for the evening, and seemed very suiting since Itachi still looked very tired. Though, when he had wandered in shirtless Sayuri had to look down at the table a moment. She hadn't expected that! As much as she was trained to know such things and learn from her mother the ways of a wife...She still wasn't all that comfortable when it came to seeing people partially undressed.

Call her shy or old fashioned but it really made her nervous. Not because anything would happen but she feared that she would find herself staring if she did not look away. It also didn't help that Itachi was a very attractive man..."Um...The onigiri are filled with salted salmon roe, bonito flakes with konbu, fried pork and the last types are just lightly salted." She explained as she pointed to each set of onigiri that was laid out in a very nice row for them to pick from.

Itachi looked at the food blankly and simply reached for one and began to eat. Shisui had proudly taken one as well and ate. Of course, it was good to both of them however they stayed quiet and itachi yawned."Thanks." He said as he looked down at Kizuato and gave him the rest of his half before grabbing another one to eat.

The pup had approached shisui, and shisui grinned happily sharing his onigiri before also grabbing another one."Another celestial summoning? Geez! That's pretty hard!" He commented at itachi as he picked his cup up with one hand and began drinking his tea before putting it down."So how's sasuke, think he'll be able to summon one?" Asked shisui starting a conversation. Itachi didn't even think about it, and immediately answered."Of course.. I have faith in him, besides he's only got me." Itachi explained."Though I mostly think that since he's a snake expert, he'll be able to summon Nuregami." Itachi commented."How'd you manage to get two? Aren't you supposed to get the weasel mouse one? Tachigami?" He joked snickering. Itachi shrugged."I'm just worthy. Maybe sasuke will summon Tachigami since he misses me." He retorted and shisui laughed."Maybe he'll summon Tachigami first then nuregami!" He added."Actually not maybe... He will. I believe him." Shrugged itachi.

While the boys talked, Sayuri found herself jsut eating quietly and listening to the conversation. It had turned to Sasuke, Itachi's younger brother. As far as she could tell, he wasn't too fond of her or the situation at hand. It couldn't be helped though, Both Itachi and her had willingly agreed and their parents weren't pulling back at all from the idea. It was possible that Sasuke was only concerned for his brother's wants and such, which was understandable...But sometimes, as much as Sayuri wished for it to be different, you had to make a sacrifice or two.

Biting then into one of the onigiri, she glanced at the pup who was taking food from Shisui while Kizuato was eating from Itachi's hand. Those summons, they were such sneaking things to take food, then again, it was being offered. Maybe it would be better if she just put a plate down for them as well, considering how much they ate. When the pup finished what he got from Shisui, it trotted over to her and curled up against her tight, head in her lap and it nudged one of her hands in a demanding sort of way.

Looking down at it, she smiled and scratched behind it's ear gently, Toraburu wagging his tail excitedly from the loving attention it was getting.

After the whole dinner night, itachi decided to clean up as usual and once finished shisui stand up and put his shoes on."Well I'm going." He said as he held a back of onigiri that they had offered to give him and bring home."Bye! And thanks again for the wonderful food guys!" Shisui bowed before using his famed body flicker technique and disappearing. Itachi nodded then stretched around."I will most likely not be home for a few days. Or Atleast a week. So you don't have to wait up for me or make me dinner." He said keeping her updated then sat back down to finish his tea.

"Have a lovely evening Shisui-san. Please come again soon." Sayuri said with a smile as she waved goodbye to the disappearing ninja. The meal had gone well, though Sayuri had kept rather silent during it. She never had much to say on ninja things, being that she was unfamiliar with them all. But it was nice to listen to them talk and such, hearing people speak and listening was something she had always enjoyed doing when around other people.

As they headed back into the sitting room, she looked at Itachi who had explained what was going on with the next several days. She nodded her head in understanding, having a feeling that this would be very common for the young man. "Alright..." she said softly as she then went and started to drink her own tea. It was then that she remembered that they had gotten lunches from other girls that day, having left before she could make the offer. He said he would be busy but maybe he's like something on the first day gone.

"Ah, Itachi...Would you like a bento for you in the morning? You left so early today that I had forgotten to ask. If you'd like one I'll happily make it for you." She offered politely with a smile.

When Sayuri had offered to make him bento for the morning he nodded."Sure if it won't be much trouble." He said shrugging before grabbing his cup and washing it. Itachi went back to the table to pick up Kizuato and yawned."I'm going back to sleep.. Sorry for being exhausted and tired of today." He said as he walked back into his room."Wake me if anything Sayuri. You not hae to do the bento if you're tired." He adds looking over his shoulder before walking back into his room to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.