She understood and even empathised with her son's viewpoint. He'd been alone with her his whole life, and suddenly there was another man in her life she wanted to share attention and her time with. She understood that. What she didn't really like was her child dictating to her what she should do. If she wanted another child, then that was ultimately her and Darcy's decision. he had missed out on so much with Noel, which she felt personally responsible for, so it made sense to her to add another child to her brood and have Darcy be there from day one.

And this time, she would ensure her child would have human blood, just the minimal amount to ensure healthy development.

So having Noel be so spoilt and rude was hard to take, especially when he was having a relationship with Beau without Adelpha saying anything bad about it, or placing any rules on them.

"...We'll do as we want, Noel. I think you're being rude now," she said sternly, changing from the casual tone to a more strict, motherly one. "Don't dictate to me. I'm the parent, you're the child. I... I might potentially want another baby, one day in the future. I didn't get to enjoy my pregnancy before, I was so scared and... why can't I have another go and enjoy it like most mothers get to do?"

Hearing this broke Noel's heart. In his head if his mother had another child, this child would come out healthy, it would be the perfect child and she would pay attention only to it, and just gush about her life with Darcy and that new baby. She'd forget about him, she wouldn't check on him in the middle of the night like she usually did. She'd only care about that new baby, and he'd be all alone.

With tears in his eyes, he let go of Beu's hand grabbing his blanket to wrap around himself, and forced his heavy aching limbs out of his bed and walked out the room. He didn't want to be in there with any of them any longer. He would just hide out in the attic and come back down when he felt like he wanted to.

Darcy grimaced and looked at his girlfriend. Sure Noel couldn't dictate how they lived their lives, but he felt like maybe they should have broken it to him a different way. Now Noel was sure to hate him even more.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. He's old enough to accept a little hard truth, Darcy. I've babied him, for good reason, but... this is something he'll have to accept. You want a baby with me, don't you? Another one? And I want that too, and I'm not going to have my own son pout and look like a spoilt brat about it. He'll have to get used to it. Do you think I like him dating some weed addict who's got my son swearing and acting with an attitude? Not at all, but I've gotten used to it. He has to be a big boy about it and grow up a bit," she sternly continued once Beau quietly trailed out, leaving Adelpha awkwardly making her son's bed just to give herself something to do. Arguing with Noel wasn't something she was used to, so when it happened, it always tore her apart - and she knew he wasn't likely to get over this argument anytime soon.

Darcy grabbed his girlfriend's shoulders, massaging them softly in order to soothe her. He knew she was stressed right now, and probably anxious. She and her son had always been close. They had a bond like no other, and now in such little time that bond had a gap in it, because of Darcy. Neither of them was taking it well, but they had to get through it. It was part of life. "Listen...I'll try and talk to him later. But...I think you should think about going back to the village again." Darcy told her.

A month ago, Darcy brought up going back to the village. He wanted to go back because he thought it was best for the family. The werewolves could still be lurking out in these parts, and Noel could actually be social there. And maybe someone could help him with his sickness. Sure he was sick from a birth defect but something had to be able to help him. And they had the synthetic human blood there, so when they did have a baby, they can give it that so what happened to Noel wouldn't happen again.

"Is it just your plan to make me angry today? I'm not going back there-- do you realise how upset our son would be by that? Besides, I... like my house. I've cleaned it up, decorated it myself. I get to do what I want here. I can lounge in bed with chocolates and wine-- I can't do that in our village, or don't you recall that all we eat there is vegetables and animals we catch? There's no chocolate there and that sucks," the woman grunted beneath her breath dramatically, her full lips pulling into a frown. As much as she wanted it to be the end of the conversation, she knew that it wasn't.

She had three options: have another baby and move back to the village to ensure that it would grow healthily, have a baby and raise it like Noel had been raised, but leave the poor thing sick like he was... or just not have another child and remain in the house, like it was now. That was the option that Noel would be most happy with, she knew that, but she wanted some happiness for herself. She'd dedicated her whole life to Noel, and now he was starting to date and become a tad more... independent. She wanted another baby and she wanted to just... do everything properly this time, with Darcy at her side.

"I don't want to think about it. We don't... need to have a baby immediately. I work hard on my diet, you know? And... there's no rush. We're hardly going to age."

That was true, they didn't age, not really. Nevertheless, he had been alive for a while already. He did want some children and to start a family. But he could wait. He'd wait until Adelpha was ready, and he'd wait until Noel was comfortable with being the older sibling. Well...He hoped Noel would come around to that idea, the way Noel had reacted looked like it would take a while for him to even think about considering being a sibling.

Later that night, Noel was still in the attic. He refused to come down and refused to eat. Instead, he'd been texting his new boyfriend. Yes, Noel had a phone. It was Beau's old phone. The boy allowed him to have it, that way they could text and what not. Noel had gotten used to texting, and what not. He used to text Mel too, but...Mel stopped answering his text. He understood it was because of his sickness but...It still saddened him.

'Hey, Mel...I know you probably won't answer but we miss you. Also, Beau and I became an item:kiss: today, yay!'

Just because Mel hadn't replied to any of his friends didn't mean he hadn't received and read the messages from them. He wanted to reply, desperately, but he had had plenty of issues he had to deal with first. Before he could even think about returning to normality, he needed to get accustomed to the fact he had undergone some pretty major -and painful- changed. He had literally transitioned into a werewolf, a process that was nowhere near easy or painless. But now, after managing to get the first transition done rather smoothly and after his first hunt with his family, he was finally allowed to rest up and start getting his life back together. It would be another month before the next full moon, so he had a full month where he could just be a normal guy again; just be the goofball his friends loved... even if he looked a little different. Gone was the lanky, thin Mel, replaced with a staggeringly tall, muscular teenager.

He was a werewolf now - muscles were sort of part of the deal.

Fortunately for Noel, he had texted just when Mel had been given permission to start replying to texts again-- and as he read Noel's text, he realised just how much he had missed out on.

stop it ur lying right? a couple? dude congrats! He texted back quickly, ending the message with his usual flurry of emojis and icons-- before realising he properly owed some sort of explanation, which he didn't want to do over the phone. wanna meet up at the skateboard park?? im back now so we can meet up and talk? just us? xx

Wait, Mel texted him back? Like, he was back?! Noel sat up quickly and he grinned at the tex. Could he even make it to the skatepark? It was cold...And he wasn't feeling so well but...He wanted to see Mel. 'Of course! And you have to tell me everything when I see you!' He locked his phone and quickly grabbed his jacket and thin blanket before sneaking out of the house.

He didn't care, nor was he that scared to sneak out. His mother was evil in his eyes right now. So he didn't feel guilty at all. If he knew Mel was a werewolf...He probably wouldn't have come. He'd heard stories of werewolves. Darcy was attacked by one and didn't recover for days, so just knowing that frightened him.

But he didn't know Mel was a werewolf...And if he did know...Maybe he wouldn't have cared. Mel was Mel! Mel would never hurt him. Eagerly running to Mel when he spotted him, his steps slowed a bit and he panted heavily. He was completely out of breath and ready to pass out, since he ran most of the way. "M-Mel!" He squealed happily.

Spotting the sick boy approach, Mel pushed himself from the ramp to meet the vampire halfway. During his wait, he had been inwardly panicking about how to explain his absence. He had been in pain and agony, that much was true, but he hardly looked like he'd been bed-ridden with a sickness for months. Mel had never looked as good as he did now, and trying to say he'd been hospitalised with a debilitating illness was going to be difficult to say convincingly when he now looked the way he did.

Though, he didn't have to worry about any of that because, when he came up close to Noel, his smile vanished instantly in surprise... and in typical Mel fashion, he didn't know how to hide it.

"...You're a fucking vampire," he muttered sharply, taking a strategic step back with a small frown. He couldn't pretend that he didn't care. The rivalry between the species began at the very beginning of time - it wasn't easy to overcome. "I... A vampire, Noel?! Seriously?!"

Noel's boyish grin deflated just as quickly. The vampire, held his blanket to his body, staring up at him shocked. "H-How....H-How do y-you kn-know?" He asked fearfully before he got a scent of the other. It changed. It used to be a musky earthy scent, with a hint of apple. Noel always loved the way Mel smelled. Now the Earth scent was stronger, and he smiled like pine. And a little like a dog. A werewolf.

"...Y-You're a w-werewolf..." He whispered his eyes now wide with shock. "...M-Mel? Y...You are a werewolf...Th-That's why you look different...And..smell funny...You...Mel we...You can't be angry with m-me because you...You're not human e-either!" He whimpered backing away. Noel knew he couldn't outrun Mel, especially not now. He hadn't eaten since he refused to join his mother. Plus he hadn't been feeling all too well that day.

"But I didn't know you were a-a fucking vampire, Noel. You're... supposed to be in that boundary, in the village-- that's where the vampires stay," he growled, even if it did lack anger. He realised he was likely to get angry quickly these days... but he was still Mel. He was still goofy and chilled out...and he still cared for Noel. Besides, Noel was right - he couldn't be mad when he'd hidden a secret like this.

"...Is this why your Mom, like, doesn't leave that house much with you? 'Cos you're hiding there? Dude, that's... oh god... this is, like, a total mess," he groaned, moving to sit down to at least show him he wasn't going to attack him. "...You're... a bloodsucker, huh? My best friend's a vampire. My Mom would freak if she knew."

"...I don't really suck blood. I mean.. My mama hunts animals or gives me raw meat." He mumbled before moving to hug him tightly. He missed him so much. "Mel...I missed you..." He whimpered squeezing him as he looked up.

"My best friend is a werewolf. Mama would pass out if she found out. But I love you, so I'm going to stay friends with you. Mel, everyone's so worried about you Mel. You were gone for months. I...I have a father now. He came back...And now him and my mama wanna have another kid. She's going to forget me."

"That's seriously your only fucking worry? You're not in your boundary. There are vampire hunters in this town, and my family are werewolves. You're at risk, dude," the boy sighed as he rested back against the ramp, before lighting up a joint. Becoming a werewolf might have changed him physically, but really? Mel was just the same as he had been before. He wasn't really going to abandon his personality. He could have become cocky and arrogant with his new body and looks, sure, but he wasn't that egotistical and had no desire to be.

"...Look, dude, you shouldn't worry about your Mom or whatever. She's happy, right? That's the main thing, ain't it? Plus you're with Beau, so be happy with that. Sucks for me and Johnny 'cos now we're the losers on our own, but I... I dunno, maybe I'll find a cute guy one day."

"...Well, my mom and I lived n that mansion for years and haven't been found by any vampire hunters or werewolves. I think we're pretty safe...And did you like Beau too?" He asked with wide eyes. When Mel said he and Johnny would be alone, he instantly thought Mel liked Beau as well. To him, Beau was so easy to crush on. He was so beautiful, and so funny, and so strong.

So he thought everyone had a crush on him, even Mel. "...Beau is mine, Mel...You...You and Johnny can't have him. And he said that we were going to have sex, so...So that's that." He mumbled angrily, crossing his arms. He already hated Johnny for dating Beau, so he didn't want to have to hate Mel as well. "And you could have anyone you want! You're pretty Mel, so don't try and steal Beau away from me."

"Huh? Dude, Beau's like a brother to me, I ain't got a crush on him or nothin'," he slowly grinned, the same high smile he was known for finally gracing his lips again. Of course, he looked different when he smiled now. With his facial symmetry, strong jawline and high cheekbones, his smile wasn't 'dorky' as it had been before; it was ridiculously handsome, especially when he went on to just chuckle at the other's naivety.

"Nah, Johnny's the one that always liked Beau, those two were losers and I was the third wheel. Nah, I liked you. Kinda fucked that up by, like, always being high and pissing your Mom off. Then I changed and that was a motherfucking disaster 'cos it hurt and I couldn't leave the house much, so Beau pretty much became your favourite-- and dude, I'm happy for 'ya! I ain't like Johnny who's jealous as fuck. Nah, I'm happy. Lonely as hell, but happy."

His brown eyes widen hearing this. Mel had a crush on him?! When was this?! Why hadn't he known?! He...He used to have a crush on him too! This was so crazy! Well...It couldn't matter to him now, he was dating Beau. Smiling sadly at him, he nervously fiddled his thumbs. "I'm...I'm flattered, like really. And sorry...I um..I used to have a crush on you too, I didn't know you liked me...I'd have dated you. But I really like Beau. And I don't want to upset him." He mumbled before moving to hug Mel.

He had never been in a situation like this. Having another man like him, but at least Mel was so mature and nice about it. At least he wasn't like Johnny. And Noel was a bit afraid of what Johnny would do when he found out. He'd probably try to ruin it every chance he got. "...Let's not tell Johnny though...He'd...Wel you know what he's like, he'd try to break Beau and me up."

Hearing the other had had a crush on him didn't make him suddenly regret not admitting his feelings further, or try and convince Noel that they were best off together. No, instead, Mel simply smiled and shrugged. That was his philosophy - what had happened had happened for a reason. Fate had other plans for him and, while he had liked Noel, he was happy he was with Beau. He could get his feelings easily enough.

Johnny wasn't quite as carefree, he knew that.

"I won't tell him, relax, kid-- you know, I still wanna be your mate. Vampire, werewolf... fuck that, you know? Just 'cos you're a vampire doesn't mean you're a monster or worthy of hate. You're my mate, fuck the whole rivalry thing."

"Same, I still want to be your friend too!" Giggled the vampire happily. He was glad Mel wasn't like the werewolves his mom warned him about. He was still...Goofy, fun loving Mel. And that why Noel liked him so much. He knew he could always count on Mel to just be normal. "...Do you think I should tell Beau? About me being a vampire? I've been thinking about it and...I think it'll bring us closer. I mean...He and I have been friends for so long, and now we're dating. I just didn't want any lies between him and me."

"Dude, don't do that. I... don't do that, it's not a good idea," he blurted suddenly, his eyes wide in sudden realisation. The situation was a complex one: the hunters knew about the vampires in the boundary, as did the werewolves. However, the hunters, being Clement and Beau, had no idea about the existence of werewolves.

Put simply, Beau had no idea that werewolves existed, let alone his best friend being one... but Mel knew all about Beau. The hunters protected the village, that had been their ancestral role for centuries. They protected them against any threat, and yet the werewolves remained undetected. Any murder they committed was blamed on the vampires, and it had always been that way, effectively concealing their identity from discovery.

It was why Mel wasn't going to reveal his true, new identity to Beau. He was afraid that he'd plunge a stake in his heart and kill him off.

"...Beau's a... he's a hunter," he mumbled, knowing that Noel was bound to be aware of that. "One of the hunters, y'know? They don't know about us werewolves, but they're focused on you vampires, y'know? I just... I dunno... I only now realised that perhaps 'ya ought t' know that. Maybe he doesn't need to find out you're a vampire-- it doesn't mean you guys shouldn't still date! He has no idea you're... like... a vampire, and you've been mates for months."

Noel's eyes widen when he heard this. Beau...Was one of those horrid hunters. Not only was he best friend's with a werewolf, he was dating a hunter! He...He knew all about vampires, and he was trained on how to kill them. How was he supposed to react to this?! Just calmly laugh it off? No! He was fucking terrified! This was crazy! Far too much for him to handle! And he was supposed to just accept this?

What if Beau found out about him?! He...He himself knew he looked far different than a human, and...And Beau might just notice soon that he was a vampire! But...He hadn't this far, right? And they had been best friends for months like Mel said. So...So Beau might never find out. Maybe...Maybe a few years down the line he could tell him. When he knew for sure that Beau loved him.

Nervously fiddling with his sleeves, he nodded. "I...I don't want Beau to break up with me over this...I...I do like him."