Noel noticed how his mother fixed her hair, trying to appear cute in front of this man. It didn't sit well with him. Why was she acting like this? And why did he have to play nice with Darcy? Darcy was just some stupid man. Grimacing, he looked over at the man, before mumbling, "I like a boy, simple."

"Well...What's he like?" Darcy asked eagerly. It was a dream right now. He was happy to be in the room with his old friend Adelpha, and to also be with Noel. And while he didn't know about Noel until today, he was already starting to have that fatherly love for him. He could tell Noel was his, just by the simple way he moved as well as how he looked. When Noel was nervous he looked at the ground and bit his lip. Something Darcy himself used to do as a kid.

"...He has blue hair...And really green eyes...Green is my favorite color." He reluctantly told him. "He's coming over tomorrow...But you'd probably be gone by then."

"I think I'll be here." Chuckled the man, gesturing to his wound that didn't heal yet. "I'm going to be here for a few days, so we should get to know each other, huh?"

At first, Adelpha really didn't want her son to have a father figure around. She wanted it to remain just her and Noel, like it had been for so long, but now Darcy knew about him, that privacy between just her and her son was never going to happen, not unless they moved homes elsewhere. Darcy was already hoping to build up a bond, and she was surprisingly glad to see that.

Noel could do a lot worse for a father. Darcy was kind and funny and would die for those he loved. Wasn't that the mark of a good father?

"...Noel, please try and be nicer? Darcy will be here for a while, so... try and be sweet?"

And so, the few days that Darcy was supposed to be there turned into weeks. Now Summer was cooling and fading into the Autumn. The trees' leaves had darkened to golden yellows, bright oranges, and crimson reds. Autumn was Noel's favorite time of year because all the trees around the mansion were just so beautifully colored. It made him feel like he was in a painting. Before, he and his mother would go around and pick out the most prettiest of leaves. But lately...She had been with Darcy. Of course, Adelpha still invited her son along and wanted him around. But Noel wasn't exactly that happy to be around Darcy.

Darcy tried to bond with him. Darcy wanted to be in his son's life, and he wasn't going to give up until Noel loved him as well. Currently, Noel was in bed. He didn't feel all that well that morning, so he was drinking his hot cocoa in bed, Beau sitting with him. He looked out his window, seeing his mother and his biological father walking around the yard, holding hands. "...He's such a prick." Grumbled the young vampire.

Compared to Noel, Beau's life hadn't gone through many serious changes. He didn't have some random guy coming into his life and taking his mother's affection away from him, like Noel did. Beau's life, in comparison, had been more or less... boring. He and Johnny were still unable to define their relationship (or rather, lack of relationship), and Mel had disappeared from their lives for the last few weeks. His mother said he was sick, hospitalised even, but refused to tell the boys just what hospital he was in, or what was even wrong with him. Little did they realise that Mel was undergoing some changes that no human would conceive of, and he wasn't really prepared to leave his house until he was settled.

Apart from that, the major change in Beau's life was his hair. It was still blue, newly dyed in fact, but it was cut short in a trendy style... even if he hadn't been an optional choice. His cousin was getting married and, apparently, if he didn't cut his hair, he wasn't allowed in the wedding. Afraid of upsetting his mother if he refused, he reluctantly allowed his hair to be cut, and he was still trying to get used to it, hence his grimaces as he continued to run his fingers in his shorter locks.

"Hey, language," he scolded playfully, smirking to the vampire. Over those months, he did frequently visit and hang out with Noel. Adelpha being so distracted these days definitely helped his friendship with Noel, even if the boy was pouting and being so moody lately.

"Dude, you're mom's a fox. I love her, I think she's great. She deserves a guy in her life," he shrugged, glancing out the window. "And that guy is hot, y'know? And he seems nice, he's always talking to 'ya."

"...She used to say I was her number one boy in her life." He mumbled like a child, pouting before looking over to who he considered his best friend. Getting from under his blankets, he climbed into Beau's lap and began to cuddle him. "...She had me, and we were happy. Now this Darcy guy comes into our lives ruin it...He's always trying to buy me comics and books. And he's lame. he's not hot at all. He's super old too." Grumbled the boy bitterly. It was cute how jealous he was. Sure he wanted his mother happy, but...This guy was taking all of his attention.

"...I like your short hair." He mumbled, looking at it as he ran his hands through it. "...I should cut mine too. I'm kind of tired of how knotted it gets. I think short hair would be super cute on me."

Since Noel started hanging out with him more, Beau had definitely noticed a change in the vampire. He wasn't just swearing a little and picking up some of Beau's habits, but he was far more self-confident. A few months ago, Beau would never have imagined the boy talking about himself being 'cute' and the like, so to hear that now did bring a wide smile to his lips.

"Well, you'd look cute with any hairstyle, but short might be the right way to go. It's easier to manage. I think I look ridiculous, but my Mom likes it, and if it stops her whining, it's worth it," he laughed, taking another peek outside at the other's parents-- not that they knew Darcy was his dad, anyway. "He ain't that old, you know. He's, like, 25 or something. That's young."

"Looks are deceiving, he's ancient." Noel honestly mumbled as he ran his fingers through Beau's hair. Beau was so cute. He had those adorable dimples, that cute laugh, and he had such a nice body. Pressing closer, he smiled a bit at him. "Let's stop talking about Darcy. I can't stand him. Let's talk about something far more interesting."

He let go of Beau and laid back down. "Is Mel okay? Or is his mom still refusing you to see him?" Noel had heard that Mel wasn't well. He missed Mel like crazy. Sure he still had a little crush on Mel, but he'd bonded far more with Beau. He felt stronger for Beau and loved him.

"His fuckin' Mom won't let us see him. Like, his mom's real nice and we've always been close. Mel's been my best mate since we were in diapers. Johnny's a bit older than us, but Mel's my age. He's in my classes at school, he lives in the same village. I just don't get why she doesn't tell us what hospital he's in. It's gotta be pretty serious, and I wanna see him if he's that sick," began Beau in a suddenly impassioned rant. He never really spoke like this, with his voice even going as far as to break a little with emotion, but Mel meant a lot to him-- and to Johnny, and Phoebe, and their whole little group. Mel was like the glue that held them all together. It just wasn't the same without him.

"I dunno-- it's Mel, y'know? He'll probably arrive back tomorrow with a grin and not even address why he's been gone," he laughed, if only to try and lighten the heavy mood. "I... I'm sure he's alright."

"...I hope so. I do miss him." Sighed the vampire as he ran a combed his chilled fingers through his tangled brown locks. "...Okay, I know I said I don't wanna talk about Darcy anymore but...I heard him talking to my mom the other night. And...Like he was talking about him being my dad or whatever." He admitted. He had wanted to get it off his chest all morning. Hell, he even thought about going to his mother and confronting her, but he honestly didn't know what to think about it.

"...He and I don't even look anything alike, so he can't like be my real dad right?" He asked. He and Darcy actually looked a shit tone alike. He just refused to see the similarities. "And...It doesn't even make sense if he's my dad. And why would he come back now if he was? ANd why would my mom even let him come back?" He ranted grimacing down at the blankets. "...He's a prick. I hate him."

"Are you sure that's what he meant, dude? How do you know he just meant that, 'cos he clearly likes your Mom, he might become like a Dad to you? I don't think he's your real Dad, he's way too young-- thought your Mom's young, so... so maybe? He looks like 'ya, not gonna lie." Beau admitted as he quietly took a sit by the window, just so he could glance out and observe the fledgling couple, only looking away when they kissed. He didn't want to bring attention to it and cause Noel more upset.

"Dude, if he is your Dad, you gotta, like, give him a chance. My Dad's a prick sometimes, but I love him-- and Darcy seems like he wants to know 'ya. I dunno, you're asking questions I can't even answer. Ask your Mom, dude."

"...She's always busy with him. She's always with him. It's always about Darcy." He groaned bringing his knees to his chest. "It's annoying! I mean...I don't even remember the last time my mother and I had a meal where it was just the two of us. Not this loser joining in with us! And don't say I look like him. He's ugly. His eyes are too close together, his nose is crooked, he has weird shaped lips, and that blonde looks stupid. He's not even a natural blonde." He grumbled.

Looking over at Beau, he realized he probably shouldn't be forcing his problems on Beau. Beau was his friend, and like he said, he didn't have any answers to the questions he was asking. And he didn't want Beau to think he was annoying and whining. So instead, he sighed and just let it go. "Sorry. You're right. I'll stop whining about him...You really do look cute with short hair." He mumbled, shyly before suddenly scooting over to lean in. "...Do you wanna try kissing again?" He asked. Just last week they shared their first kiss. Surprisingly Noel kissed him out of the blue. It was just Beau looked so adorable just sitting there, and Noel leaned in and kissed him. And right now? He wanted to do it again. So without waiting for an answer, he leaned in pressing their lips together.

Beau wasn't sure he could ever get used to kissing the vampire. He often felt completely cautious when they did so last time. Noel was still sick and so frail and kissing him often made Beau think he'd end up breaking him in half-- but he wasn't going to pretend he hated doing something affectionate with him. He always thought that the vampire was cute, and while he still had Johnny and their undefined status, he couldn't help but fall a little more for the vampire, day by day... especially when he pushed a kiss onto his lips like this.

Pulling back after a long few seconds, he playfully winked and rested back in delight at the bouts of affection from him. "You're, uh... really getting pretty good at this, Noel-- you know, I'd totally pull you into my arms and stuff, but your Mom would kill me if she caught me doing that. She's still real protective, y'know?"

"...She doesn't even pay attention to me anymore. She's too focused on, Darcy...He has such a stupid girly name." Grumbled the vampire who also had a girly name. Another similarity they shared. Which got him wondering if his mother did this on purpose. Did she purposely give him a girlish name to match his father's? A father that was never even there.

Sighing, he laid down with Beau, cuddling into his side. With red cheeks, he nervously asked, "Would you ever date me? Like seriously Beau. I...I wanna date you. And I wanna do everything couples do. Go on dates, watch movies, and...And one day has sex. I know what that is now, my mother explained it...I thought it was gross but....I wouldn't mind if it were you. I...I just want to be your boyfriend. And I mean...We're kind of dating now aren't we? We kiss, and hang out a lot."

"Sex? Gross? Dude. Dude, it isn't gross. It's fucking amazing. You'll have to find out about it by experiencing it, and I'd be glad to help with that," purred Beau in a rare moment of serious flirtation. His usual flirtation was playful and humorous, but he had his moments where he could be serious and surprisingly... seductive, with his husky voice and brooding glances. Of course, his typical smirk arose a few seconds later, along with his signature chuckles, as he rested back.

"Sure, we're dating," he agreed with another nod, deciding that that was what he wanted. Waiting around for Johnny was getting tiring, and here was a boy he really liked and who liked him too - why would he pass up on that? "But dude, can you please talk to your Mom, 'cos you're whiny as shit and it's annoying-- in a cute way, obviously, but I wanna talk about how cute and adorable you are, not about Darcy all the time, yeah?"

"...I guess I talk about him a lot, huh? Okay, I'll talk to my mom." He mumbled, however, he had a goofy smile on his face. He had a boyfriend. A real boyfriend. This was his first relationship, and he had no idea what he was supposed to do but...He knew he had a boyfriend. Someone belonged to him, and he belonged to someone. This was the most incredible feeling in the world.

He glanced at Beau and happily nuzzled into him. "I'm...I'm happy that you're my boyfriend."

"You're dating now? When did that happen? Why... am I only now hearing this, Noel?" Blurted Adelpha in genuine horror as she stood in the room entrance. With Beau distracted by the kissing, he'd missed Adelpha heading inside the large mansion and didn't hear her heading up to invite her son and Beau to a light lunch she'd prepared for them all outside, in the sun. Thus, she was left staring in confusion at the two all cuddled up and intimate like that.

"I... Noel, why didn't you... tell me you were... I thought we... were close...?" The woman awkwardly frowned, clearly in the midst of upset. She didn't mind so much that he was dating Beau. She'd grown to trust and like Beau a lot over the months, and enough to put off her cravings for his blood, even. She was happy to be around him, confident that she wasn't going to tear into his neck. But she was definitely upset that Noel hadn't told her about these feelings he was developing for him. They used to share everything, and this was like a dagger in her chest.

"Is it because of Darcy? You're not telling me things because I... I'm spending time with him? Don't I deserve to be happy too?"

He stared at his mother, sitting up in horror. He didn't want her to find out like this. And he was going to talk to her! But...Now he had to tell her like this. "...Well...Well, I want you to be happy but...You don't ever pay me any attention! I get that you and Dary are happy and stuff, but I was your number one boy in your life, and now it's all about Darcy...And why did he say he was my dad last night, when were you going to tell me that?"

Darcy, who was behind his girlfriend winced a bit from hearing this. Grimacing a bit he looked away before walking into the room. "...Noel...We were going to tell you soon, but...I'm you're my son...We wanted to tell you when the time was right."

He stared at his mother, sitting up in horror. He didn't want her to find out like this. And he was going to talk to her! But...Now he had to tell her like this. "...Well...Well, I want you to be happy but...You don't ever pay me any attention! I get that you and Dary are happy and stuff, but I was your number one boy in your life, and now it's all about Darcy...And why did he say he was my dad last night, when were you going to tell me that?"

Darcy, who was behind his girlfriend winced a bit from hearing this. Grimacing a bit he looked away before walking into the room. "...Noel...We were going to tell you soon, but...I'm you're my son...We wanted to tell you when the time was right."

Now it was Adelpha's turn to grimace in horror, looking back at Darcy in an appeal for him to help, though she knew that him speaking up wasn't going to do much good when Noel already held such a disliking to him. Instead, she moved to sit beside her son with a smile, fussing with his hair to smooth it down in her usual motherly fashion.

"I didn't know he was your father until he... arrived that night, sweetheart. You've always known that I... was a little wild and didn't know who your father was. As soon as he came back, we both... knew-- and he wants to be close to you! He's your father, I... I think it's important you get to know him because he's not going anywhere. I want him to stay. I love him, okay? I don't mind your... relationship, so I at least want the same respect from you with mine."

"I want to build a bond with you, Noel. I really want to get to know you. I want to be a good father. I know I wasn't here all of those years but...I'm here now and it's never too late to try and start. We could be friends, and I already love you, Noel. I know you don't understand that, but I do. You're my son, and I want to really be apart of your life." Darcy told him, cautiously walking into the other's bedroom.

Noel grimaced and held Beau's hand for support. He didn't know what to say if he was honest. He now knew for sure that this man was his father, and he wanted to be in his life. And he also knew that he wasn't leaving because his mother was in love with him. And Noel was supposed to just quietly accept this and smile. He looked down at his lap grimacing. This was terrible news for him. His mother hadn't loved anyone but himself, and now this Darcy guy had a spot in her heart as well. And he was looking to be some big happy family.

However...He did love his mother. So...If this was what she wanted he had no choice really. "....Okay." He mumbled, glancing up. "Okay, I'll try and be your friend...But...you guys can't have anymore kids...I...I'm the only one." He told his Mama looking at her desperately. He already had to share her with Darcy. He'd be crushed if she decided to have another kid with him.