The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crichton pulls a notepad out of his pocket and starts furiously scribbling. "Is this gonna be on the test later? How many questions am I allowed to fail. If there is any mercy in the universe it'll be multiple choice answers."

@FireDrake150

'No Mercy, John. That's always been a rule here.' She put her finger on an earpiece. Alison to Sondreheim. One Casualty. Memory erasures needed. We got what we came for. There's also a dying Dalek we could take back-'
'I don't think so!' said Old Crichton. He had torn off his remaining bandages, revealing some battered armour, but, despite his age, he still somewhat resembled his younger self. 'This ends here Partner. R.A.I.N. may not have got The Dalek, but I'm not letting you or anybody have this tech, this early.' He loaded his pulse pistol, and approached Mal. 'Sorry Mal. Ashes to Ashes, dust to boom!' He said, as he fired towards one of The Dalek's damaged orbs. 'Hold tight and step back boys and girls!'

The Dalek screeched one last time before being surrounded by a blue orb of crackling electricity. The creature was engulfed in electricity, before exploding, only leaving the remains of the casing all over the floor.

'Sorry Sir, but we're taking in.' Old Crichton raised his hands. 'Not very likely. I'll see you kids very soon. 'Specially you, handsome.' He pointed at Young Crichton. 'Know your enemy, Harvey.' Old Chrichton then vanished in a pulse of blue energy.
Damnit. This'll be a nightmare to explain. Victor's right, we better get going, but first, there's something I'd like to show you.'
She passed the picture that she was looking at to Saffron. It was a picture of 5 people standing in front of a criminal lineup. Turning it around, Saffron would notice written on the back in blue pen:
From Left: Boba Fett, Imperfect Cell, Tauriel, Nate Grey, Bernice Summerfield,
'You weren't the first Team. And you won't be the last. Remember that soldiers. 3 killed, 1 missing, one defected. 1991. 8th Incarnation of The Team. Thought that you may be interested.'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @FireDrake150

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
'No Mercy, John. That's always been a rule here.' She put her finger on an earpiece. Alison to Sondreheim. One Casualty. Memory erasures needed. We got what we came for. There's also a dying Dalek we could take back-'
'I don't think so!' said Old Crichton. He had torn off his remaining bandages, revealing some battered armour, but, despite his age, he still somewhat resembled his younger self. 'This ends here Partner. R.A.I.N. may not have got The Dalek, but I'm not letting you or anybody have this tech, this early.' He loaded his pulse pistol, and approached Mal. 'Sorry Mal. Ashes to Ashes, dust to boom!' He said, as he fired towards one of The Dalek's damaged orbs. 'Hold tight and step back boys and girls!'

The Dalek screeched one last time before being surrounded by a blue orb of crackling electricity. The creature was engulfed in electricity, before exploding, only leaving the remains of the casing all over the floor.

'Sorry Sir, but we're taking in.' Old Crichton raised his hands. 'Not very likely. I'll see you kids very soon. 'Specially you, handsome.' He pointed at Young Crichton. 'Know your enemy, Harvey.' Old Chrichton then vanished in a pulse of blue energy.
Damnit. This'll be a nightmare to explain. Victor's right, we better get going, but first, there's something I'd like to show you.'
She passed the picture that she was looking at to Saffron. It was a picture of 5 people standing in front of a criminal lineup. Turning it around, Saffron would notice written on the back in blue pen:
From Left: Boba Fett, Imperfect Cell, Tauriel, Nate Grey, Bernice Summerfield,
'You weren't the first Team. And you won't be the last. Remember that soldiers. 3 killed, 1 missing, one defected. 1991. 8th Incarnation of The Team. Thought that you may be interested.'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @FireDrake150
"What? He figure out who the good guys were? He went over to Tri-Hex, didn't he?" Crichton, true to his unstable personality, was growing dangerously angry.

tumblr_mqxe9xTw7A1sboqq7o3_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"You gonna kill the people here too?"

@Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @BarrenThin

"What? He figure out who the good guys were? He went over to Tri-Hex, didn't he?" Crichton, true to his unstable personality, was growing dangerously angry.

tumblr_mqxe9xTw7A1sboqq7o3_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"You gonna kill the people here too?"

@Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @BarrenThin
'Only if they become too much of a risk.' said Rachel, coldly. 'And not your kind of risk either, John. Cell was a risk to everybody. All I'm saying is that he wasn't K.I.A. We put him down ourselves. As for Doctor Summerfield....maybe she did find 'the good guys'. But unlike them, we get stuff done. We're not heroes. If we were, we wouldn't have survived. You're means to an end Crichton, and despite how much I like you, your permitted survival isn't out of friendship.'

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
'Only if they become too much of a risk.' said Rachel, coldly. 'And not your kind of risk either, John. Cell was a risk to everybody. All I'm saying is that he wasn't K.I.A. We put him down ourselves. As for Doctor Summerfield....maybe she did find 'the good guys'. But unlike them, we get stuff done. We're not heroes. If we were, we wouldn't have survived. You're means to an end Crichton, and despite how much I like you, your permitted survival isn't out of friendship.'

@Thuro Pendragon
Crichton looked at the photo, and his blood boiled.

VaTybFp.png

"You high horse son of a bitch. I saved seven lives in one fell swoop. Lives your little counterpart wanted to wipe out of existence because they were inconvenient. Come on, lets hear it from the great mastermind. How is that "getting things done?"

His grip on his Pulse Pistol tightened.

@Mighty Roman

• Love
'Life's unfair, John. I have no regrets, because every bullet I've put in someone was to save 100 more people. Every dead gene-freak results in the rest of the world having another night's sleep. We fight for everybody. Maybe you should try it sometime. You fight, and you 'save', and you disobey orders based on impulses and how you feel that morning. So cry me a river when you regret some fatal mistake that you will one day make? Or was Areyn's death not enough to prove that maybe, just maybe you should see the bigger picture?'

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
'Life's unfair, John. I have no regrets, because every bullet I've put in someone was to save 100 more people. Every dead gene-freak results in the rest of the world having another night's sleep. We fight for everybody. Maybe you should try it sometime. You fight, and you 'save', and you disobey orders based on impulses and how you feel that morning. So cry me a river when you regret some fatal mistake that you will one day make? Or was Areyn's death not enough to prove that maybe, just maybe you should see the bigger picture?'

@Thuro Pendragon
Crichton's grip on the pulse pistol tightened to nearly the breaking point. Then they relaxed.

tumblr_mqynp3iZpO1sboqq7o5_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

When Crichton spoke again, his voice was strangely quiet. "I help you. I go along with this dren. Then I need someone to help me unravel the knot around the entry point of Aeryn's death. I don't give a damn about about your bigger picture. I do this, I'm in it for me. Just like every B-Grade comic book villain in existence."

@Mighty Roman

Crichton's grip on the pulse pistol tightened to nearly the breaking point. Then they relaxed.

tumblr_mqynp3iZpO1sboqq7o5_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

When Crichton spoke again, his voice was strangely quiet. "I help you. I go along with this dren. Then I need someone to help me unravel the knot around the entry point of Aeryn's death. I don't give a damn about about your bigger picture. I do this, I'm in it for me. Just like every B-Grade comic book villain in existence."

@Mighty Roman

Saffron watched John quietly through all this. She seemed interested, if not completely concerned by everything he was saying. She just wanted out of prison. "If I may speak... I'm with Crichton here. We're in this for us... whatever those goals are. Don't expect us to be on board with every decision you make."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Saffron watched John quietly through all this. She seemed interested, if not completely concerned by everything he was saying. She just wanted out of prison. "If I may speak... I'm with Crichton here. We're in this for us... whatever those goals are. Don't expect us to be on board with every decision you make."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman
Crichton turned and walked away from Allison to where Saffron was.

tumblr_mr4mkwPDwq1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"What do you think of this Saf?" He asked her. "You think what that old guy was lying or not? Think you'd betray us?"

@BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Crichton turned and walked away from Allison to where Saffron was.

tumblr_mr4mkwPDwq1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"What do you think of this Saf?" He asked her. "You think what that old guy was lying or not? Think you'd betray us?"

@BarrenThin

Saffron looked down. She had been very confused by the events, but not very bothered. "I don't think I'd turn on you guys, no. Would I leave Mal out to die? I... don't think so. I could have killed him in the past. Chose not to." She shrugged. The woman knew there was no point in lying to Crichton. He was too crazy to not see right through it.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

Saffron looked down. She had been very confused by the events, but not very bothered. "I don't think I'd turn on you guys, no. Would I leave Mal out to die? I... don't think so. I could have killed him in the past. Chose not to." She shrugged. The woman knew there was no point in lying to Crichton. He was too crazy to not see right through it.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

"So we go along until we get what we need, then we shoot our way out. I've been working on another stabilizer, its slow going, but its getting finished just like Cage's career. I'll be able to leave."

tumblr_msbbum6UVj1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"I could take you with me."

@BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"So we go along until we get what we need, then we shoot our way out. I've been working on another stabilizer, its slow going, but its getting finished just like Cage's career. I'll be able to leave."

tumblr_msbbum6UVj1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"I could take you with me."

@BarrenThin

She frowned at him. Well. This was interesting. It quickly became a smirk. "What, you want to run away together? How romantic." She was quiet for a few seconds. "I can't say I'd mind the rescue."

@Thuro Pendragon

She frowned at him. Well. This was interesting. It quickly became a smirk. "What, you want to run away together? How romantic." She was quiet for a few seconds. "I can't say I'd mind the rescue."

@Thuro Pendragon
tumblr_mr2ygq8ScZ1sboqq7o3_250.gif

"You're going to shoot me the first chance you get. Can't say I haven't thought about the same thing." He moved a littler closer to try to make her nervous.

"But better or worse you're the only person I trust with my back here. I know you won't stick a knife in it till we're clear."

@BarrenThin

tumblr_mr2ygq8ScZ1sboqq7o3_250.gif

"You're going to shoot me the first chance you get. Can't say I haven't thought about the same thing." He moved a littler closer to try to make her nervous.

"But better or worse you're the only person I trust with my back here. I know you won't stick a knife in it till we're clear."

@BarrenThin

"Leave you naked on a small, pre-flight moon? Maybe. We'll see how useful you are all-around." Even now, she was flirting. "Shoot you? No."

@Thuro Pendragon

Victor tries to distract them by clearing his throat. "Tick tock, goes the clock, as the old saying says. You two may not care, but we can agree on that one fact. In for ourselves. If I can find a way into the prime dimension from here, or a way into Canaan, I'm out. Though, we don't have time for your fantasizing you two. trust the man with the magic pocket watch." Victor makes sure his masks on right, and that his clothes look nice and adjusted. "Rachael, Where are we going?" In truth, Victor feels like he could enjoy the company of the first time since his Wife, Mrs. Mel-Marta died. Not showing this growing form of suspicious trust, he tries to snap the others out of it. "Time to get going, you two. Can't wait around forever."

9f8baa15ecdb9878ff006ebeb3093b85.jpg

@Mighty Roman @Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin

'England.' responded Rachel. 'We're going cross-country on this one.' She opened a smal suitcase, and spent a couple of minutes setting up a small projector. It projected the image of a man in a suit.
naysmith-dr-who-431x300.jpg

'This is Joshua Naismith. He's a politician in England. He's a front-runner to become the next Prime Minister. Ever since his award-winning book, 'Change the World' was released, Naismith has risen up the food chain, and now has connections everywhere. Science. Religion. The Rich. The Poor. But he knows something that we can't let him know.

He knows about us. The Box, Alternate Dimensions, all of it. And we have suitable evidence to believe that he's going to expose us in his upcoming political speech. Not only that, but there's another one of Naismith's little science projects that we're interested in.'
The Slide Changed:
p00t3g01.jpg

'This is Abigail Naismith, Joshua's daughter. Celebrated Scientist and Doctor. Apparently she's discovered some sort of Super-Vaccine, which is far more effective, permanent and can leave someone almost impervious to disease. Problem is, it also contains something else-a Parasite Nanovirus, which, as we all know, will not end well.

Our transport shall be here in a moment, but that's your mission. Silence Joshua Naismith-by any mmeans necessary. And stop that cure from being produced.

But we won't just be rushing in there, jumping through the window. We've meticulously formed fake identities for you. As far as they're concerned, you're just American Scientists and Medical Personnel, interested in Joshua and The Cure. Any questions?

@❖Cats❖ @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150

• Love
'England.' responded Rachel. 'We're going cross-country on this one.' She opened a smal suitcase, and spent a couple of minutes setting up a small projector. It projected the image of a man in a suit.
naysmith-dr-who-431x300.jpg

'This is Joshua Naismith. He's a politician in England. He's a front-runner to become the next Prime Minister. Ever since his award-winning book, 'Change the World' was released, Naismith has risen up the food chain, and now has connections everywhere. Science. Religion. The Rich. The Poor. But he knows something that we can't let him know.

He knows about us. The Box, Alternate Dimensions, all of it. And we have suitable evidence to believe that he's going to expose us in his upcoming political speech. Not only that, but there's another one of Naismith's little science projects that we're interested in.'
The Slide Changed:
p00t3g01.jpg

'This is Abigail Naismith, Joshua's daughter. Celebrated Scientist and Doctor. Apparently she's discovered some sort of Super-Vaccine, which is far more effective, permanent and can leave someone almost impervious to disease. Problem is, it also contains something else-a Parasite Nanovirus, which, as we all know, will not end well.

Our transport shall be here in a moment, but that's your mission. Silence Joshua Naismith-by any mmeans necessary. And stop that cure from being produced.

But we won't just be rushing in there, jumping through the window. We've meticulously formed fake identities for you. As far as they're concerned, you're just American Scientists and Medical Personnel, interested in Joshua and The Cure. Any questions?

@❖Cats❖ @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150

"No questions here, sweetie." Saffron sent a flirty smile Rachel's way. "Finally. My kind of mission."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Status
Not open for further replies.