The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
~Flashback~

This made her pout some more. "Fine... if that's what it takes to have you on reserve to... scratch some itches, might as well get started. What would you like to know? Swear I'll tell the truth." She sent a grin his way.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​
~Flashback~

"First. I want to know the correlation between the number of men you've killed and how many you've slept with. Cause you know, I like to know my odds of survival before I walk the valley of the shadow and all that dren."

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
~Flashback~

"First. I want to know the correlation between the number of men you've killed and how many you've slept with. Cause you know, I like to know my odds of survival before I walk the valley of the shadow and all that dren."

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~

~Flashback~

"As long as you don't try to shoot me afterwards, you don't have a thing to worry about. I've killed plenty of people, sure- but usually before that part of my cover comes along. I don't kill men for sleeping with me." She frowned. "Perhaps the term 'Black Widow' was misleading. I usually don't even sleep with my marks, unless it's a long con." She was giving her tricks away. Hopefully that would earn some brownie points.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
A normal person might try to talk to Mal, if as the future version of Crichton had told the truth and they were friends. But that didn't matter to this Crichton, or at least the Crichton of this time. He didn't know this guy, and he wasn't planning getting to know him either.

In typical fashion for him, he barely aimed, and instead fired a dozen shots at the machine's eye.

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman
The Dalek turned to face both of the Crichtons, firing more energy blasts towards them. But the combined efforts of The Team wer enough to destroy the Eyestalk completely, making it burst into flames. The Dalek span furiously in the air, before falling to the ground, demolishing an Ice Sculpture. The creature continued to twist and turn violently, energy beams arcing around the room.

Meanwhile, a Hound tackled Young Crichton to the ground. As another one soared towards Saffron, Hyde smacked it out of the way with one of his colossal hands. The group were virtually surrounded by Hounds-but destroying The Dalek could take out some of The Hounds too....

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150 @Cats

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
The Dalek turned to face both of the Crichtons, firing more energy blasts towards them. But the combined efforts of The Team wer enough to destroy the Eyestalk completely, making it burst into flames. The Dalek span furiously in the air, before falling to the ground, demolishing an Ice Sculpture. The creature continued to twist and turn violently, energy beams arcing around the room.

Meanwhile, a Hound tackled Young Crichton to the ground. As another one soared towards Saffron, Hyde smacked it out of the way with one of his colossal hands. The group were virtually surrounded by Hounds-but destroying The Dalek could take out some of The Hounds too....

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150 @Cats
"Bad breath. Bad breath." He yelled as the dog snapped at his throat. He held his Pulse Pistol up to its eye and fired. Hopefully that would be enough to kill the thing.

@Mighty Roman

victor sighs and slaps a gloved hand to his face, helping to secure the mask, but also leaving a mask shaped impression on his face. "EVERYONE! COVER ME FOR A MINUTE!"

He extracts his pocket watch and stares at it for a few minutes. "If I am to become a Divergence Catalyst, at least it will be for an honorable cause." Holding the watch in both of his palms, he extends his arms to their fullest palms facing outwards. at this point, the gears that are seemingly engraved on the watch glow, and legitimate gears form, one encircling him, his body the center and the watch at the outer edge. from here, more gears form, twisting and turning, before ultimately all converge on him, making him scream out in utter agony.

Looking to the Dalek when its all over, He Stabs it in the former eyestalk with the Lance of Kresnik, Hoping to kill it as that was a weak spot. His amount of time in Chromatis is ticking down, an, while he'd be invincible to a Dalek shot once, JJit would nearly totally deplete his Chromatis time and he'd revert, both closer to becoming a Divergence Catylist, as well as requiring a recharge / rest to regain his strength before he can do it again.

"Come on, FIGHT ME." Time would be slowed down for all except the Dalek, others assaulting the party, and Victor as well.

0.jpg

(About 1 minute in in this video it shows it happening on Ludger. It happens way quickly though.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=66&v=QQpB2IxQGKE

at about 1:40 here is a batter one.

@Mighty Roman

• Love
The Dalek screamed some inhuman scream as Victor's Lance shot into it's dome. Sparks flew. The energy beams struck wildly. One was about to hit Old Chrichton, until Hyde threw the Old Man out of the way, the beam striking him in the chest instead. Hyde's skeleton flashed in a beam of energy, before he fell to the floor. There was no blood, but he was certainly dead.

Meanwhile, Crichton shooting the Hound in the eye was very effective. The creature howled in agony, and stumbled backwards, revealing the wires on the back of it's neck. The rest of The Hounds retreated, back into the Truck, which reversed out of the wall it had destroyed, and into the night.

Most of the party guests had fled. Hyde had morphed back into Zabo. Only 3 living people, other than The Team itself, were in the room. Dalek Mal was spinning around uselessly, ranting and screaming, it's weapons banks completely depleted.

Indigo was lying on the floor, glass hanging precariously both on him and around him. He was calling out for help.

And strangely enough, one of the party guests had remained here. It was a young, 20 something woman, who looked completely untouched by the carnage around her. She was looking at an old polaroid photograph. The woman was wearing a black dress, with a gun str She was beautiful, except that both of her eyes were glowing red, and she had one scar running across her left eye. 'You've all done so well. He'd be proud. I was sent here to pick you up, but...I imagine that there are some questions you may have for us. So ask away.'

@Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150 @BarrenThin

• Love
Victor looks at her, noticing the red eyes. Gears once again appearing, they expand off him and them back into the watch, which he stows back away in a pocket.

"Why don't you start with Who you are, HOW LONG you've been a Divergence Catalyst, and Where you intend to ferry us. I don't know about these other losers I have the misfortune of being stuck with, but I for one will not get into a vehicle with someone I just......AAAAHHHHhH!" At this point, both of his hands shoot up to his face and his mask falls. His hands covering that which was behind the closed portion of the mask, he turns to the others a moment, picking up the mask, but giving them all a good look. "This is what my life is. The Black flesh spreads every time I use the Chromatis, and the amount of spreading depends upon how long, and how much damage was taken while in the Chromatis state. Back on Rieze-Maxia and Elympios, it's referred to as becoming a Divergence catalyst. I am the Divergence catalyst of my world. In order to save the main dimention, or, PRIME Dimention, one must collect Waymarkers by slaying Divergence Catalysts. Be Warned however, for when a DC is murdered, and the waymarker collected, EVERYONE in that dimention dies as well. and there is no way to save them, there can be only one copy per dimention. Hopefully this makes sense, as it will also make the cause for my Arrest quite clear as well."

Showing everyone, the Eye behind the closed eye of the mask is completely red. Not only that, but the skin around a good half of his face is also black, and it continues down his neck, despite being hidden by his clothing. "So ma'am, perhaps you had BETTER Explain what precisely is going on, what Mr. Topsy over there is, and what all of those Wired things are, from the guards at the start to the Dog like creatures we just saw fleeing."

@Mighty Roman Candelabra

'Victor looks at her, noticing the red eyes. Gears once again appearing, they expand off him and them back into the watch, which he stows back away in a pocket.

"Why don't you start with Who you are, HOW LONG you've been a Divergence Catalyst, and Where you intend to ferry us. I don't know about these other losers I have the misfortune of being stuck with, but I for one will not get into a vehicle with someone I just......AAAAHHHHhH!" At this point, both of his hands shoot up to his face and his mask falls. His hands covering that which was behind the closed portion of the mask, he turns to the others a moment, picking up the mask, but giving them all a good look. "This is what my life is. The Black flesh spreads every time I use the Chromatis, and the amount of spreading depends upon how long, and how much damage was taken while in the Chromatis state. Back on Rieze-Maxia and Elympios, it's referred to as becoming a Divergence catalyst. I am the Divergence catalyst of my world. In order to save the main dimention, or, PRIME Dimention, one must collect Waymarkers by slaying Divergence Catalysts. Be Warned however, for when a DC is murdered, and the waymarker collected, EVERYONE in that dimention dies as well. and there is no way to save them, there can be only one copy per dimention. Hopefully this makes sense, as it will also make the cause for my Arrest quite clear as well."

Showing everyone, the Eye behind the closed eye of the mask is completely red. Not only that, but the skin around a good half of his face is also black, and it continues down his neck, despite being hidden by his clothing. "So ma'am, perhaps you had BETTER Explain what precisely is going on, what Mr. Topsy over there is, and what all of those Wired things are, from the guards at the start to the Dog like creatures we just saw fleeing."

@Mighty Roman Candelabra
'The Name's Rachel Alison. I'm a representative of Sondreheim.' she spoke with an American Accent. 'Sadly we don't know what's going on yet, Kresnik. The gold thing's a Dalek-there was an incident in 2012 involving one. But the U.S. Government covered it up. Those hounds must've been some kind of genetic-experiment containing both Human and Canine DNA. We don't know about the guards, or the wires, but they must be some other gene-freaks.' She said the word with some despision. She clearly hated these 'gene-freaks'. 'I know all about your Divergent Catalysts, Mr Kresnik. In fact-'

'You!' shouted Old Chrichton, pointing at Rachel accusingly. 'I know you....you were...were...'
'I don't believe we've met before, sir. I deal in secrets. Lies. Memories. Some of you may forget I even exist...someday.'
She approached Calvin's body. She put her hand on his head. 'Sleep.' Red electricity crackled around Rachel, and then slowly faded. 'I've attained his knowledge. His skills. Talking off secrets.' She pointed at Indigo, who was lying on the floor, still calling for help, lying in a pool of glass. 'I think that he wants to tell us something.'

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @Thuro Pendragon

• Love
'The Name's Rachel Alison. I'm a representative of Sondreheim.' she spoke with an American Accent. 'Sadly we don't know what's going on yet, Kresnik. The gold thing's a Dalek-there was an incident in 2012 involving one. But the U.S. Government covered it up. Those hounds must've been some kind of genetic-experiment containing both Human and Canine DNA. We don't know about the guards, or the wires, but they must be some other gene-freaks.' She said the word with some despision. She clearly hated these 'gene-freaks'. 'I know all about your Divergent Catalysts, Mr Kresnik. In fact-'

'You!' shouted Old Chrichton, pointing at Rachel accusingly. 'I know you....you were...were...'
'I don't believe we've met before, sir. I deal in secrets. Lies. Memories. Some of you may forget I even exist...someday.'
She approached Calvin's body. She put her hand on his head. 'Sleep.' Red electricity crackled around Rachel, and then slowly faded. 'I've attained his knowledge. His skills. Talking off secrets.' She pointed at Indigo, who was lying on the floor, still calling for help, lying in a pool of glass. 'I think that he wants to tell us something.'

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @Thuro Pendragon

Saffron frowned and went over, nudging Indigo with her boot. "What?"

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
As Saffron approached him, she could see that Indigo was lying not only on glass-but in a pool of his own blood. He was wounded. Badly. 'I'm...You're not who I thought you were...You're not from Project R.A.I.N. They gave me those guards. Said it was part of some kind of 'test run'...They blackmailed me into buying them...People living on the streets that they turned into those monsters. They wanted me to get them...some materials. Things they thought that only I could afford. My father....he got involved with The Project...so they took him. And they told me that R.A.I.N. was a list. A list of...'
And with that, he was gone.

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @FireDrake150

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
As Saffron approached him, she could see that Indigo was lying not only on glass-but in a pool of his own blood. He was wounded. Badly. 'I'm...You're not who I thought you were...You're not from Project R.A.I.N. They gave me those guards. Said it was part of some kind of 'test run'...They blackmailed me into buying them...People living on the streets that they turned into those monsters. They wanted me to get them...some materials. Things they thought that only I could afford. My father....he got involved with The Project...so they took him. And they told me that R.A.I.N. was a list. A list of...'
And with that, he was gone.

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @FireDrake150

Saffron growled in frustration and kicked his corpse. "Stupid son of a bitch."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Victor looks at his pocketwatch, and sighs.

Flashback.

Victor, at this point, was known as Ludger. He was, in lieu of Julius Kresnik's running from the law, had been hired by Spirius to hunt down those Divergence Catalysts, all for Bisley Bakur's grand Scheme. "Its okay, We can take the Waymarker. Its not murder, if they're just copies." Everyone had had different ways of rationalizing it, but it was in fact, murder. Grandiose murder, murdering entire universes because one life form became too different. a cat, a great spirit, Victor Kresnik, Julius Kresnik, and more. looking over at his future daughter, Ludger Takes her hand and they continue on.

End Flashback

Victor stows the watch, and looks at the one names Rachel Anderson. "you said you knew about the Divergence Catalysts. Mind Enlightening the group on them then?" he turns to face them, figuring that, ESPECIALLY if they were going to occasionally take his leadership, they should know the truth about him. "because, if you don't, I will. They Deserve to know what they're working with. I was arrested as you know for intent to change an established future, as well as for the mass murder of both Rieze-Maxians and Elymions." He stops, waiting on her to tell them what he knows, intent to shed the truth on it. Victor, while indeed a mass murderer and a temporal nuisance, wouldn't be a bad person at heart. Assuming you can get to his heart, without trying to cut it out or otherwise stop it from beating.

@Mighty Roman

Victor looks at his pocketwatch, and sighs.

Flashback.

Victor, at this point, was known as Ludger. He was, in lieu of Julius Kresnik's running from the law, had been hired by Spirius to hunt down those Divergence Catalysts, all for Bisley Bakur's grand Scheme. "Its okay, We can take the Waymarker. Its not murder, if they're just copies." Everyone had had different ways of rationalizing it, but it was in fact, murder. Grandiose murder, murdering entire universes because one life form became too different. a cat, a great spirit, Victor Kresnik, Julius Kresnik, and more. looking over at his future daughter, Ludger Takes her hand and they continue on.

End Flashback

Victor stows the watch, and looks at the one names Rachel Anderson. "you said you knew about the Divergence Catalysts. Mind Enlightening the group on them then?" he turns to face them, figuring that, ESPECIALLY if they were going to occasionally take his leadership, they should know the truth about him. "because, if you don't, I will. They Deserve to know what they're working with. I was arrested as you know for intent to change an established future, as well as for the mass murder of both Rieze-Maxians and Elymions." He stops, waiting on her to tell them what he knows, intent to shed the truth on it. Victor, while indeed a mass murderer and a temporal nuisance, wouldn't be a bad person at heart. Assuming you can get to his heart, without trying to cut it out or otherwise stop it from beating.

@Mighty Roman
Rachel smiled. She was clearly savouring Victor's anger. 'The Divergent Catalysts are people from other dimensions, who after overuse of their power, create fractures universes of which they, are the centre of. We're living Time Bombs Victor. Care to elaborate? Despite only watching you, I feel as if we-As if all of us, know each other so well. We need to find more information on R.A.I.N. It's not a name or list I recognize.'

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150

• Thank You
Victor Looks at the others and smirks a little. "Surprising a Divergence catalyst is working for those that arrested all of you, isn't it? Basically, if I get rid of all the useless mumbo-jumbo, the fractured universes all share the same energy and power as the main universe, and more and more pop up, as we are both Catalysts, there are 2 separate Dimensions running along with the prime. Now, before you all choose whom to kill, if either of us, I advise you to be aware. you Cannot kill a Catalyst of the Dimension without the Chromatis, and if you use the Chromatis, you WILL Become a catalyst yourself. Its a Catch 22 really. not only that, but if one of you WERE to Succeed in this endeavor, Everyone in that fractured Dimension would Perish. Be Really sure What dimension you are a part of before you make the call." He glances back to the female Catalyst. "Leave anything important out?" He Smiles, not only his rage is evident. "Oh right. The only way to eliminate all of the Fractured Dimensions would be to get to Canaan and wish it of the Great Spirit Origin before 999999999 Catalysts have been created. Fail, and the Fractured Dimentions and the miasma contained within Canaan, Held by origin, will escape and wipe out all of humanity and animals. all that would be left would be the Spirits. In order to get to canaan however, you need all of the Waymarkers, to reveal Canaans location, and then you need to murder the strong soul of a Kresnik to make a soul bridge to get there. For Example, Prime Dimension Ludger Kresnilk." Victor seems to enjoy the sinister near-no win scenario that his existence, coupled with that of his partner Catalysts Existance, Creates. "Yes, no innocent can ever make it to Canaan without being in the company of a murderer." walking over to her, he smiles, Extending his hand. "let me know if I left anything out." His 5 weapons remained in their sheathes, and he looks at the Dalek again.

Really, Can you do nothing but Spin and screech? your Rather getting annoying." Aiming his pistols, he counts the Revolutions. One, two, three, Four, BANG, BANG. Two shots, set to correspond if he is lucky with where the former Eyestalk was, as his lance did damage but didn't invade far enough to murder the creature, he hopes that the bullets were able, and were timed right.

"It's only fair to give you one of my weaknesses, however. After the great Schism that protected Rieze-Maxia from the Elympions was dispelled, Jude Mathis began his work for Spirius on developing Spyrites, or self-sustaining magical batteries, to stop the Spirits from dying, as every time a Spyrix, for which Elympios relied, was used, a Spirit would die, and a Small Spirit fossil would be left behind. those allow the creation of Spyrites. I'd let Jude explain it to you, but, oh right, I killed him. Anyway, I cannot use Spirit Artes. No one on Elympios before the schism was dispelled can."

He Hums the Hymn of Proof while waiting for the other TEAM Members to join them in going with the new acquaintance of Victor's.

Victor_Profile1.jpg

(For those of you that wish to know, the List of people that can be sacrificed for a Soul Bridge, (Kresnik family / Kresnik blood) that I know of are:
Ludger Kresnik
Redeaux (I hate Redeaux)
Julius Kresnik
Elle Mel Marta
Victor Kresnik (When not the final Waymarker.))

Next Line is for Mighty Roman (Within the Spoili)
[spoili]Assuming I can Get Internet back on my Personal Devices (its not an if but a when), MR, I wouldn't mind CO-GMing if at any point you need assistance, though so far I see no need, you're doing great. And the Likes and the Loves are awesome too, because My posts aren't that great. XD[/spoili]

@Mighty Roman

Last edited:
  • Love
tumblr_mr4k9cRWYQ1sboqq7o2_250.gif

((Ignore the text))

"You're giving me a headache bro. And I've got a masters in physics and a learn it as you go wormhole physics. So what are you saying exactly? If you dies everything goes boom?"

@FireDrake150

• Love
Victor Facepalms. "In a word, yes. A universe will perish, and everyone in it as well. To stop this, you need Waymarkers. To get them, you Kill Divergence Catalysts. To get to Canaan, you kill a kresnik. then you ask Origin to remove all of the fractured dimentions. Is that simple enough for you, you Loon?"
He clenches his fist, clearly bothered by Crighton, the thought of murder may be flashing through the serial killer's head.

(And no. Victor isn't the final boss of Xillia 2, its a game that's that complicated. not to mention you owe the bank 2,000,000 Gald from just after the start. XD)
@Thuro Pendragon

• Thank You
Victor Facepalms. "In a word, yes. A universe will perish, and everyone in it as well. To stop this, you need Waymarkers. To get them, you Kill Divergence Catalysts. To get to Canaan, you kill a kresnik. then you ask Origin to remove all of the fractured dimentions. Is that simple enough for you, you Loon?"
He clenches his fist, clearly bothered by Crighton, the thought of murder may be flashing through the serial killer's head.

(And no. Victor isn't the final boss of Xillia 2, its a game that's that complicated. not to mention you owe the bank 2,000,000 Gald from just after the start. XD)
@Thuro Pendragon
Crichton pulls a notepad out of his pocket and starts furiously scribbling. "Is this gonna be on the test later? How many questions am I allowed to fail. If there is any mercy in the universe it'll be multiple choice answers."

@FireDrake150

• Love
Victor Tries to calm himself with the hymn of proof, looking at him. Yes, it will be on the test. No, there will be No Multiple choice. You can't fail any questions." tying to explain through Crightons seemingly unrelated analogy, hoping to get it through his thick skull.

WITHOUT THE LYRICS! they're fan made, but fit. just the melody.)
@Thuro Pendragon

Victor Tries to calm himself with the hymn of proof, looking at him. Yes, it will be on the test. No, there will be No Multiple choice. You can't fail any questions." tying to explain through Crightons seemingly unrelated analogy, hoping to get it through his thick skull.

WITHOUT THE LYRICS! they're fan made, but fit. just the melody.)
@Thuro Pendragon
Crichton threw his hands up in frustration. "Well. I'm out. Send the check back to the folks cause I'm quitting college. Wonder if the basements up for rent.

@FireDrake150

• Love
Victor sighs. "And this is why I murdered Elize. Her and her Booster were whiney little spineless fools. Go, but you will end up in that same prison cell you started in. I won't stop you." Victor removes his attention from Crighton, flustered, but trying not to show it. it seems Crighton, no matter how intelligent or devious as Victor is, would still be able to drive a hot knife into his nerves. "The rest of us, lets get going."

@Thuro Pendragon.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.