The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Crichton now had his hands up. He wasn't looking at his younger self, but around him. 'Calm down, Harvey...'
He muttered. He could see Mal rise up the lift shaft. 'Hey, Boys and Girls, guess what? Mal's flying up the liftshaft. So what's it going to be-Take the shard and save the party guests? Or do you let them all die like Nicholas Cage's career?'

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Future Crichton now had his hands up. He wasn't looking at his younger self, but around him. 'Calm down, Harvey...'
He muttered. He could see Mal rise up the lift shaft. 'Hey, Boys and Girls, guess what? Mal's flying up the liftshaft. So what's it going to be-Take the shard and save the party guests? Or do you let them all die like Nicholas Cage's career?'

Saffron frowned. "I ain't saving no rutting rich pricks. Not if it's going to get us killed. They brought it on themselves when they involved themselves with stuff they didn't understand. Leastwise, I ain't gonna try without a ton of help."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
'Those hounds up there are part of Project R.A.I.N. I can't tell you exactly who they are, but I can tell you that R.A.I.N. is both a weapon and a list. The Hounds are genetic-Super Freaks, but they're not perfect-they're the first batch. But if they take apart Mal, progress may move a lot quicker. And C'Mon' He threw the shard to Saffron. 'You got what you came for. And you won't...didn't kill me. I think. I really should remember.' He could hear Harvey in his head. 'Yeah, it probably won't stop them.'

'Those hounds up there are part of Project R.A.I.N. I can't tell you exactly who they are, but I can tell you that R.A.I.N. is both a weapon and a list. The Hounds are genetic-Super Freaks, but they're not perfect-they're the first batch. But if they take apart Mal, progress may move a lot quicker. And C'Mon' He threw the shard to Saffron. 'You got what you came for. And you won't...didn't kill me. I think. I really should remember.' He could hear Harvey in his head. 'Yeah, it probably won't stop them.'

Saffron shifted her weight and looked at Crichton. What did he want to do?

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

"Frell." Crichton shook his head. "You still got Harvey up in there? Well that is just swell. Just damned peachy."

He held the guns on him for a moment longer, then stood down.

"So how do we take the tin man out? Standard cage rules or do I have to shove my Pulse Pistol down its throat."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

"Frell." Crichton shook his head. "You still got Harvey up in there? Well that is just swell. Just damned peachy."

He held the guns on him for a moment longer, then stood down.

"So how do we take the tin man out? Standard cage rules or do I have to shove my Pulse Pistol down its throat."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman
'Yeah, well, First-Planet Problems. Saffron's already weakened it, by shooting at the orbs. High Impact to those will cause it to self-destruct. Big, Electromagnetic explosion. Only problem is, now it knows that we're going to try that, so it will set up a defense mechanism. So aim for the Eyestalk. Once it's blinded, it's useless.'
Future Crichton walked towards the lift, determination in his eyes, until....
'Oh, and there are also The Hounds up there. They're pretty resistant to bullets, and are pretty resilient, but as Victor showed, they're not a fan of stabbing, explosions or death. Understood?'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
'Yeah, well, First-Planet Problems. Saffron's already weakened it, by shooting at the orbs. High Impact to those will cause it to self-destruct. Big, Electromagnetic explosion. Only problem is, now it knows that we're going to try that, so it will set up a defense mechanism. So aim for the Eyestalk. Once it's blinded, it's useless.'
Future Crichton walked towards the lift, determination in his eyes, until....
'Oh, and there are also The Hounds up there. They're pretty resistant to bullets, and are pretty resilient, but as Victor showed, they're not a fan of stabbing, explosions or death. Understood?'

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin
Crichton handed the second Pulse Pistol back to the older Crichton.

"So great. Let lose the hounds of war and all that."

Crichton called down the lift and steadied his grip on the weapon. "How do they like Pulse Rounds? Wait, why I am asking? They probably have complete immunity."

Crichton rode the lift up with the other two people in pursuit of Mal. He stepped slightly in front of Saffron, an instinctive move to protect her, also a fairly idiotic one since that was perfect knife to the back position.

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Crichton handed the second Pulse Pistol back to the older Crichton.

"So great. Let lose the hounds of war and all that."

Crichton called down the lift and steadied his grip on the weapon. "How do they like Pulse Rounds? Wait, why I am asking? They probably have complete immunity."

Crichton rode the lift up with the other two people in pursuit of Mal. He stepped slightly in front of Saffron, an instinctive move to protect her, also a fairly idiotic one since that was perfect knife to the back position.

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman
Well, considering this gun has served me for so-many-years I can't tell you-No, literally, I actually can't tell you, do what we always do...Hope for the best.' As the lift reached the top floor, the group could see the carnage that was ensuing. An army of Hounds, screaming and pouncing, tearing into the party guests. Indigo was cowering in the corner. The rest of The Team were fighting for their lives. And Calvin, now as Mr Hyde was leading the charge, living up to his threats, tearing into The Hounds, sending them flying around the room.
Tftaoa_sb_hyde.jpg
He was howling and roaring, shrugging off the screams, but was clearly in pain.

Meanwhile, Dalek Mal's midsection was rotating, firing deadly energy beams at both The Team and the crowd, screaming 'Exterminate!' For every shot he fired. They could see the full effects of Mal's rage as another party guest was exterminated.
JCmmH5Y.gif

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @FireDrake150

Well, considering this gun has served me for so-many-years I can't tell you-No, literally, I actually can't tell you, do what we always do...Hope for the best.' As the lift reached the top floor, the group could see the carnage that was ensuing. An army of Hounds, screaming and pouncing, tearing into the party guests. Indigo was cowering in the corner. The rest of The Team were fighting for their lives. And Calvin, now as Mr Hyde was leading the charge, living up to his threats, tearing into The Hounds, sending them flying around the room.
Tftaoa_sb_hyde.jpg

Meanwhile, Dalek Mal's midsection was rotating, firing deadly energy beams at both The Team and the crowd, screaming 'Exterminate!' For every shot he fired. They could see the full effects of Mal's rage as another party guest was exterminated.
JCmmH5Y.gif

A normal person might try to talk to Mal, if as the future version of Crichton had told the truth and they were friends. But that didn't matter to this Crichton, or at least the Crichton of this time. He didn't know this guy, and he wasn't planning getting to know him either.

In typical fashion for him, he barely aimed, and instead fired a dozen shots at the machine's eye.

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

Tftaoa_sb_hyde.jpg

JCmmH5Y.gif

Saffron supported Crichton with a similarly placed shot at the creature's eye.

((Even: Hit
Odd: Miss))

@Mighty Roman
@Thuro Pendragon

~Flashback~

Crichton saw Saffron sitting in an, uh, exciting position. He stayed where he was, far far away.

tumblr_mu482thSfi1sboqq7o2_250.gif

"So. What did they put you in here for? Shoplifting? Stealing the answers to the test? Killing someone?"

Crichton continued to search for his gun.

"Frell. Where the hell did they put it?"

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~

• Love
~Flashback~

Crichton saw Saffron sitting in an, uh, exciting position. He stayed where he was, far far away.

tumblr_mu482thSfi1sboqq7o2_250.gif

"So. What did they put you in here for? Shoplifting? Stealing the answers to the test? Killing someone?"

Crichton continued to search for his gun.

"Frell. Where the hell did they put it?"

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~

~Flashback~​

"I'm a thief." She paused. "And a murderer. And I've been married a few hundred times." She saw no point in not being frank, her head tilted slightly. "Made a lot of men cry when dear wifey was gone with all their money." She wanted Crichton to be her plaything, but she needed an ally. Honesty seemed like the best policy in this case, given that he'd see right through any lie she came up with.

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
~Flashback~​

"I'm a thief." She paused. "And a murderer. And I've been married a few hundred times." She saw no point in not being frank, her head tilted slightly. "Made a lot of men cry when dear wifey was gone with all their money." She wanted Crichton to be her plaything, but she needed an ally. Honesty seemed like the best policy in this case, given that he'd see right through any lie she came up with.

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon
~Flashback~

"Sound like my kind of girl. We add in a little arson we can take this show on the road." He gave a little woo-hoo. "So, you trying to seduce me right now?"

He turned and looked at her. Maybe he wasn't quite as taken as it appeared.

@BarrenThin

~Flashback End~​

• Love
~Flashback~

"Sound like my kind of girl. We add in a little arson we can take this show on the road." He gave a little woo-hoo. "So, you trying to seduce me right now?"

He turned and looked at her. Maybe he wasn't quite as taken as it appeared.

@BarrenThin

~Flashback End~​

~Flashback~​

"Not right now. You don't have anything for me to steal. Keep that in mind if I do try." She crossed her legs now with a faint smile.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
~Flashback~​

"Not right now. You don't have anything for me to steal. Keep that in mind if I do try." She crossed her legs now with a faint smile.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​
~Flashback~

Crichton pointed his forefinger and index finger at his head, as if he were someone else pointing a gun at him. "Sister, what I got up here, you might be the only person not trying to steal. I'd like to keep it that way."

@BarrenThin

~Flashback End~​

~Flashback~

Crichton pointed his forefinger and index finger at his head, as if he were someone else pointing a gun at him. "Sister, what I got up here, you might be the only person not trying to steal. I'd like to keep it that way."

@BarrenThin

~Flashback End~​

~Flashback~

tumblr_inline_mkyy5cVUL51qz4rgp.gif

"Aren't you dense? I don't care what you got in your head." Her smile became coquettish in nature. "Well, I guess I sorta do. I meant, if I try anything... it'll be... real." He might not have been taken, but, to her, the man was charmingly crazy. Maybe she could squeeze some enjoyment out of him.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~

~Flashback~

tumblr_inline_mkyy5cVUL51qz4rgp.gif

"Aren't you dense? I don't care what you got in your head." Her smile became coquettish in nature. "Well, I guess I sorta do. I meant, if I try anything... it'll be... real." He might not have been taken, but, to her, the man was charmingly crazy. Maybe she could squeeze some enjoyment out of him.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~
~Flashback~

Crichton nodded, accepting the information in turn.

"Red. I gotta warn ya, I'm not the most stable guy." He rubbed his eyes tiredly. "I'm not even sure this is happening right now. Sometimes I think I died a long time ago and this is my hell."

He looked at her again.

"I guess that would make you the devil."

@BarrenThin

~Flashback~​

• Love
~Flashback~

Crichton nodded, accepting the information in turn.

"Red. I gotta warn ya, I'm not the most stable guy." He rubbed his eyes tiredly. "I'm not even sure this is happening right now. Sometimes I think I died a long time ago and this is my hell."

He looked at her again.

"I guess that would make you the devil."

@BarrenThin

~Flashback~​

~Flashback~

"I don't care if you're crazy. I seem sane to you?" She frowned. "I ain't looking for anything right now. But a girl has needs sometimes, you know?" She pouted.

"Ah, yes. I know my Bible. I'm the devil, coaxing you to my side. Don't I look awful temptin' though?"

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​

• Love
~Flashback~

"I don't care if you're crazy. I seem sane to you?" She frowned. "I ain't looking for anything right now. But a girl has needs sometimes, you know?" She pouted.

"Ah, yes. I know my Bible. I'm the devil, coaxing you to my side. Don't I look awful temptin' though?"

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​
~Flashback~

"Everyone seems sane to me Red. Except people who like Nicholas Cage movies. Even they don't get a pass." Crichton leaned against the wall.

"Tempting is a word. I'm not going to lie and say its off the mark, but I'm not Kirk and this is not Mudd's Women. I'm going to get to know you whether you like it or not sister."

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~​

• Love
~Flashback~

"Everyone seems sane to me Red. Except people who like Nicholas Cage movies. Even they don't get a pass." Crichton leaned against the wall.

"Tempting is a word. I'm not going to lie and say its off the mark, but I'm not Kirk and this is not Mudd's Women. I'm going to get to know you whether you like it or not sister."

@BarrenThin

~End Flashback~​

~Flashback~

This made her pout some more. "Fine... if that's what it takes to have you on reserve to... scratch some itches, might as well get started. What would you like to know? Swear I'll tell the truth." She sent a grin his way.

@Thuro Pendragon

~End Flashback~​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.