• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor pulls out a picture of Elle and his cat, Rollo, smiling a little, looking at it. its true that while he acts all tough, he is really not all that bad. "Whatever happens, get me to a Kitchen. I'll cook for you. I am one of Trigleph's best Chefs, and I do it without spirit artes, so, in my opinion, that makes the food more fresh."

Lulu_Elle_EX.jpg
@Mighty Roman @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @All

As The Team spoke, they could hear a whirring sound, almost like a Helicopter. As if out of nowhere, a gold ship appeared in the sky, touching down outside the wrecked mansion. 'C'Mon everybody. I know it's pretty conspicious, but it generates a field that erases it from the memories of the ordinary people as soon as they look away from it.'

As The Team entered the ship, Rachel took one last cursory glance at Cal's body. Two Hazmat-clad technicians went out of the ship and loaded Cal's body onto a stretcher. It was a dangerous world they lived in.
'Episode 2: Change the World'
london22.jpg

Welcome to London-a city which is half a bustling metropolis, and half a shady city of backalleys and secrets.

Soon, the ship arrived outside a nice, yet humble house in Kensigton.
kensington.jpg
The door opens, revealing Joshua Naismith. He's wearing a suit (without the jacket), and is wearing an apron.
'Ah, Miss Safron, and Mr Kresnik. I was just about to leave. Just waiting for my sister to come and pick her boys up. Would you like to come in?'
He smiles a friendly smile.
@FireDrake150 @BarrenThin

Meanwhile, Crichton, Rachel and Beetle are dropped off at a clean science lab. Although it's late, Jayna Naismith is still working. She steps out of her Lab, wearing a white lab coat and holding a clipboard.
'Shall we?' She says curtly. The lab doesn't look to extraordinary, but there is a conspicious locked door, with the Roman Numeral VI on it, which may hold something a bit more interesting.
'I'm Doctor Abigail Naismith, and I'll be guiding you around the Lab today. I'm glad that scientists of your stature have come to visit our little project.'
She was clearly trying to act businesslike, but couldn't mask her joy at meeting them, and that the possibilities that her project could bring. 'Aeronauticsand Astrophysics, Robotics, and Cybernetics. I'd love to ask you more about yourselves, but I imagine that you'd rather see what we're working on. So what have you already heard about us?'
@Thuro Pendragon @❖Cats❖

Meanwhile, far away, back in The Box, a guard stood outside Ace's cell.
'You've got a vistor, Kid.'
The shutter on Ace's cell opened, to reveal a set of beautiful brown eyes.
'Yep, it's him. Hello, neighbour. Your sentence may have just been cut short...'
@FireDrake150

Victor nods, waiting for Saffron, offering a hand in a gentleman-like fasion for her. it would seem that Rachael chose to call him Ludger Kresnik instead of Victor and to make his appearance as that of his former self. Victor, thinking this over, can't tell whether its brilliant, or cruel. "Please, Sir." while he doesn't feel different, and feels like the mask is still in place, he does his best to act like his other self, minus the nearly mute nature of this time. "I'm Ludger Kresnik. You are?" He seems eager for the masterful saffron to take over, not the best with missions of 'diplomacy' like this one himself.

Ludger_Will_Kresnik.png

@Mighty Roman @BarrenThin

As The Team spoke, they could hear a whirring sound, almost like a Helicopter. As if out of nowhere, a gold ship appeared in the sky, touching down outside the wrecked mansion. 'C'Mon everybody. I know it's pretty conspicious, but it generates a field that erases it from the memories of the ordinary people as soon as they look away from it.'

As The Team entered the ship, Rachel took one last cursory glance at Cal's body. Two Hazmat-clad technicians went out of the ship and loaded Cal's body onto a stretcher. It was a dangerous world they lived in.
london22.jpg

Welcome to London-a city which is half a bustling metropolis, and half a shady city of backalleys and secrets.

kensington.jpg
The door opens, revealing Joshua Naismith. He's wearing a suit (without the jacket), and is wearing an apron.
'Ah, Miss Safron, and Mr Kresnik. I was just about to leave. Just waiting for my sister to come and pick her boys up. Would you like to come in?'

Meanwhile, Crichton, Rachel and Beetle are dropped off at a clean science lab. Although it's late, Jayna Naismith is still working. She steps out of her Lab, wearing a white lab coat and holding a clipboard.
'Shall we?' She says curtly. The lab doesn't look to extraordinary, but there is a conspicious locked door, with the Roman Numeral VI on it, which may hold something a bit more interesting.
'I'm Doctor Abigail Naismith, and I'll be guiding you around the Lab today. I'm glad that scientists of your stature have come to visit our little project.'
She was clearly trying to act businesslike, but couldn't mask her joy at meeting them, and that the possibilities that her project could bring. 'Aeronauticsand Astrophysics, Robotics, and Cybernetics. I'd love to ask you more about yourselves, but I imagine that you'd rather see what we're working on. So what have you already heard about us?'
@Thuro Pendragon @❖Cats❖

christina+hendricks+joan+holloway+harris+dress1.jpg

Saffron gave the man a charming but not overly flirtatious smile. "Mister Naismith. Thank you for the invitation. I'd love to." She was using her typical body language for a confident woman. Clad in a fairly low-cut dress with a short skirt, she was dressed to impress. This was reinforced by her body language. The way she moved was meant to betray subtle sexual attraction to the man before her. It was time to use her... wiles.

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Victor nods, waiting for Saffron, offering a hand in a gentleman-like fasion for her. it would seem that Rachael chose to call him Ludger Kresnik instead of Victor and to make his appearance as that of his former self. Victor, thinking this over, can't tell whether its brilliant, or cruel. "Please, Sir." while he doesn't feel different, and feels like the mask is still in place, he does his best to act like his other self, minus the nearly mute nature of this time. "I'm Ludger Kresnik. You are?" He seems eager for the masterful saffron to take over, not the best with missions of 'diplomacy' like this one himself.

Ludger_Will_Kresnik.png

Joshua shook 'Ludger's' hand enthusiastically. 'I'm Joshua Naismith. Very nice to meet you.' A child's voice called out from inside Joshua's house. 'Uncle Josh, who is it?' 'Just some friends from work, Toby.' He looked at Kresnik and Saffron. 'You'll catch a cold out here-would you like to come in? I could get you a cup of coffee, or tea if you like?'

Joshua smiled at Saffron. He stepped aside, letting the two walk into his house, it was fairly ordinary, and Joshua led them into teh Kitchen, which had 2 young boys (who looked vaguely like their uncle), colouring in pictures with Crayons. On the stove, some pasta was cooking. Malcolm's house was full of sentiment-pictures of relatives, colouring pictures scrawled by his nephews, and various medals and trophies, all hanging in a nearby cabinet.
'These two here,' he pointed at the two boys. 'Are my nephews, Toby and Michael. My prides and joy.' He pointed at a photo of him standing with his daughter, at what appeared to be her college graduation. 'And that's my daughter, Jayna. She'll change the world, that girl. Would you like a drink? It was freezing out there. Maybe then we can head up to the office and talk about things there?'

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150

Joshua smiled at Saffron. He stepped aside, letting the two walk into his house, it was fairly ordinary, and Joshua led them into teh Kitchen, which had 2 young boys (who looked vaguely like their uncle), colouring in pictures with Crayons. On the stove, some pasta was cooking. Malcolm's house was full of sentiment-pictures of relatives, colouring pictures scrawled by his nephews, and various medals and trophies, all hanging in a nearby cabinet.
'These two here,' he pointed at the two boys. 'Are my nephews, Toby and Michael. My prides and joy.' He pointed at a photo of him standing with his daughter, at what appeared to be her college graduation. 'And that's my daughter, Jayna. She'll change the world, that girl. Would you like a drink? It was freezing out there. Maybe then we can head up to the office and talk about things there?'

She smiled again. "Some coffee or hot chocolate would be simply divine. It really was quite cold out there." After hearing all that shit, I'm kinda glad Earth-that-was got humped. Messed up place. Her speech was accompanied by a playful tap on the arm and her smile widening. More manipulation tactics.

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Ludger nods, offering each of the kids a hand to shake. "sounds good. Coffee is fine, Here, I can help you make it." While Saffron would be able to manipulate via body, Ludger / Victor could cook to manipulate, something they may need, as there is a kitchen here.

@BarrenThin @Mighty Roman

Joshua noticed Saffron tapping his arm and smiling. What a delightful woman, he thought. When Victor shook the boy's hands, they shook back enthusiastically, beaming widely. He set to work on making the drinks as Victor offered to help. 'You don't have to, you know. But I wouldn't mind. So, what got your employers so interested in me? And how was your journey?

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

Joshua noticed Saffron tapping his arm and smiling. What a delightful woman, he thought. When Victor shook the boy's hands, they shook back enthusiastically, beaming widely. He set to work on making the drinks as Victor offered to help. 'You don't have to, you know. But I wouldn't mind. So, what got your employers so interested in me? And how was your journey?

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

Saffron was completely winging it. "Who isn't interested in you?" Flattery. "You're a very important man, Mister Naismith. You have... connections."

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Saffron was completely winging it. "Who isn't interested in you?" Flattery. "You're a very important man, Mister Naismith. You have... connections."

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150
'Ah.' said Joshua, smiling warmly. 'A sweet talker. It's true, I have a lot of connections, but it took me a very long time to get them. Almost as long as it took me to write my book. I never thought that I'd be interested in Politics, but...I just feel that we're on the verge of a big change in the way we live. And I wouldn't mind being the pilot of that wonderful change.

Ms Saffron...Have you ever looked at the stars, and felt so small beneath them? Wanting to reach their majesty, their power, their longevity? Because that's what I hope humanity can one day achieve.
I can already see that you've reached the beauty of a star, so we're already partway there!'

Said Joshua, smiling at Saffron. Flattery. All good Politicians knew it. And he wondered if she was doing the same to him, or if she were actually interested. Only one way to find out...

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150
Ludger remains quiet through the whole thing, true to his nature, as well as Getting some powder that apparently makes the drinker tell the truth ready while Hidden in his sleeve in case Saffron fails, as he has no idea what to say thanks to his 'if it annoys you, kill it' mentality. He helps Josh produce the coffee, putting the packet in with the sugar, done masterfully In such a way that the mix would look like sugar falling in. this, Coupled with Saffron's Wiles, should get them what they need, but at great cost, as most of Victors items were consumed to make the working powder, something he'd have to restock soon. Ludger just focuses on preparing the caffeinated concoctions, before handing the clean ones to Saffron and himself, nonchalantly handing the laced cup to the other man. it seems that Victor was a Master at poisoning as well, as the Truth-serum would've been no different from your run-of-the-mill powdered poison. He Smiles softly. "We want to know more if you'd be willing to tell us that is. Why have you chosen the path you did, What led to your writing to book? Why Climbing the ladder so fast? Isn't it hard on your Nephews?" Merely questions both meant to keep on topic, and to see if the drug was working yet. It seems, even in disguise that Victor has a hard time suppressing his dark, sadistic tendencies. Good thing he Sent Elle to his better self.

'Ah.' said Joshua, smiling warmly. 'A sweet talker. It's true, I have a lot of connections, but it took me a very long time to get them. Almost as long as it took me to write my book. I never thought that I'd be interested in Politics, but...I just feel that we're on the verge of a big change in the way we live. And I wouldn't mind being the pilot of that wonderful change.

Ms Saffron...Have you ever looked at the stars, and felt so small beneath them? Wanting to reach their majesty, their power, their longevity? Because that's what I hope humanity can one day achieve.
I can already see that you've reached the beauty of a star, so we're already partway there!'

Said Joshua, smiling at Saffron. Flattery. All good Politicians knew it. And he wondered if she was doing the same to him, or if she were actually interested. Only one way to find out...

Saffron blushed noticeably at the compliment. "Oh... I wouldn't say that." She smiled shyly and shifted her weight. Her eyes showed a certain interest when she looked at him.

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Ludger remains quiet through the whole thing, true to his nature, as well as Getting some powder that apparently makes the drinker tell the truth ready while Hidden in his sleeve in case Saffron fails, as he has no idea what to say thanks to his 'if it annoys you, kill it' mentality. He helps Josh produce the coffee, putting the packet in with the sugar, done masterfully In such a way that the mix would look like sugar falling in. this, Coupled with Saffron's Wiles, should get them what they need, but at great cost, as most of Victors items were consumed to make the working powder, something he'd have to restock soon. Ludger just focuses on preparing the caffeinated concoctions, before handing the clean ones to Saffron and himself, nonchalantly handing the laced cup to the other man. it seems that Victor was a Master at poisoning as well, as the Truth-serum would've been no different from your run-of-the-mill powdered poison. He Smiles softly. "We want to know more if you'd be willing to tell us that is. Why have you chosen the path you did, What led to your writing to book? Why Climbing the ladder so fast? Isn't it hard on your Nephews?" Merely questions both meant to keep on topic, and to see if the drug was working yet. It seems, even in disguise that Victor has a hard time suppressing his dark, sadistic tendencies. Good thing he Sent Elle to his better self.

Haha, a very good question,' said Joshua, merrily drinking the Truth Serum Coffee. 'Well, like I said, I believe that the world is on the brink of a breakthrough, and I want to be there when it happens. Project R.A.I.N will revolutionize the world, but that's only the beginning. I guess that I wrote my book to inspire people like me. Those who want to change the world, in any shape or form. Hence the title.'
He took another sip of the coffee. 'Well, I have to spend a lot of time at the office, but I spend as much time with Jayna and the boys as I can. I guess that I wanted her to know who I am, unlike my father who abandoned me when I was 6. And as for climbing the ladder...well, if you can walk the walk and talk the talk, you will go far. And of course, I made headlines by being the first to back R.A.I.N.-The day after it was announced in fact. They thought I was crazy...but look how wrong they were.
I'm a skip and a jump away from ruling the country and Project R.A.I.N. will save thousands of lives. It doesn't get much better than that.

And Ms Saffron, I really do think that you look amazing tonight, but I can see political flattery from a mile off. Unless you actually are interested....'

Haha, a very good question,' said Joshua, merrily drinking the Truth Serum Coffee. 'Well, like I said, I believe that the world is on the brink of a breakthrough, and I want to be there when it happens. Project R.A.I.N will revolutionize the world, but that's only the beginning. I guess that I wrote my book to inspire people like me. Those who want to change the world, in any shape or form. Hence the title.'
He took another sip of the coffee. 'Well, I have to spend a lot of time at the office, but I spend as much time with Jayna and the boys as I can. I guess that I wanted her to know who I am, unlike my father who abandoned me when I was 6. And as for climbing the ladder...well, if you can walk the walk and talk the talk, you will go far. And of course, I made headlines by being the first to back R.A.I.N.-The day after it was announced in fact. They thought I was crazy...but look how wrong they were.
I'm a skip and a jump away from ruling the country and Project R.A.I.N. will save thousands of lives. It doesn't get much better than that.

And Ms Saffron, I really do think that you look amazing tonight, but I can see political flattery from a mile off. Unless you actually are interested....'

Saffron answered with an offended frown. "I am." Most women would slap him for such an accusation. She seemed about ready to. It was all an act, though.

@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Victor smiles under his Ludger Camoflague. it worked, and Saffron and himself can still lie and manipulate as well as usual. Victor, you've outdone yourself, he thinks to himself, as he smiles, looking to Joshua. "America is a little behind on the details. Would you mind filling us in on what this R.A.I.N. Is and why it would be so beneficial?" Victor looks to saffron and winks, but its also a wink hoped to indicate a desire to talk privately about something mission-related.

Ludger_icon_022.jpg

'My apologies, then Miss Saffron, I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that in my line of work, you can't really trust anyone. Most of them will gladly use you as a stepping stone for their own agendas. But I see no threat of that tonight.

Anyhow, to answer your question-It's big. I'll tell you what I and Time Magazine know about it, but you'd have to talk to Jayna about the exact science. R.A.I.N. is the Real Augmented Integrated Neurosystem. Essentially, it's a cure-all vaccine which works from the brain, to fight off almost all disease. It works like a regular vaccine, but can adapt to new viruses and disease. I don't exactly understand the science behind it, but I know that it can be trusted. R.A.I.N. is the future I'm telling you.

He could hear a knocking at the door. It was a woman roughly Joshua's age-The boy's mother. She thanked Josh for looking after them, and the boys hugged him as they left. Joshua waved at the car as they left, before hanging up his Apron, and putting on his suit jacket. 'Now, how about we continue this at my office. Would you like to take my car? It's got room for all of us.'

Ludger shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly, but rather then trying to shrug, he was trying to make sure they were still there, and to his relief, they were. he looks at josh, and nods. "Yes sir. Lets end with a note or skepticism on my part. RAIN sounds too good to be true, and, from my experience, when something is too good to be true, it usually is. something like that could learn to become sentient, and then turn on its host, or, corrupt them, or some such. HOW can you be sure this isn't going to be the biggest international backfire this side of nuclear war?" He waits for an answer, having made sure his GHS device (think Cell Phone) was recording the entire ordeal for his employers, that way if either of the two forgot anything, the transmission would help them retain information, though it also meant that he had to have possession of the GHS, otherwise Ludger's questions would be too quiet to hear. having muted the devices speakers, this mastermind as effectively turned an everyday tool into a bug of sorts with no more then a few standard functions of the device.

he waits for Josh to grab the car, and whispers to Saffron. "Killing this man would be unwise. RAIN would know we are onto them as a result...." He looks at his GHS, increasing the volume and holding it between them so they can hear instructions from their employers, see if they have anything to add.

tumblr_n9wmw3UQzP1qi2w19o1_500.png

Ludger shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly, but rather then trying to shrug, he was trying to make sure they were still there, and to his relief, they were. he looks at josh, and nods. "Yes sir. Lets end with a note or skepticism on my part. RAIN sounds too good to be true, and, from my experience, when something is too good to be true, it usually is. something like that could learn to become sentient, and then turn on its host, or, corrupt them, or some such. HOW can you be sure this isn't going to be the biggest international backfire this side of nuclear war?" He waits for an answer, having made sure his GHS device (think Cell Phone) was recording the entire ordeal for his employers, that way if either of the two forgot anything, the transmission would help them retain information, though it also meant that he had to have possession of the GHS, otherwise Ludger's questions would be too quiet to hear. having muted the devices speakers, this mastermind as effectively turned an everyday tool into a bug of sorts with no more then a few standard functions of the device.

he waits for Josh to grab the car, and whispers to Saffron. "Killing this man would be unwise. RAIN would know we are onto them as a result...." He looks at his GHS, increasing the volume and holding it between them so they can hear instructions from their employers, see if they have anything to add.

tumblr_n9wmw3UQzP1qi2w19o1_500.png

She whispered back, "Not if it seems like an accident."

@FireDrake150

london22.jpg

kensington.jpg

@Thuro Pendragon @❖Cats❖

Meanwhile, far away, back in The Box, a guard stood outside Ace's cell.
'You've got a vistor, Kid.'
The shutter on Ace's cell opened, to reveal a set of beautiful brown eyes.
'Yep, it's him. Hello, neighbour. Your sentence may have just been cut short...'
@FireDrake150
John had changed into something that looked a little more Terran. They had wanted to force him into a lab coat, but he had flat out refused. They had met somewhere in the middle with casual civilian wear.

tSR0Uhnl.jpg

Crichton shrugged uncomfortably. "Yeah. That's us. Scientists of great stature. Its nice to meet you, my name is John, but you can call me Crichton if you want. Everyone else does."

@Mighty Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back