The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beetle was a man of few words so he just stayed quiet most of the trip. When Calvin mentioned the noise upstairs the Beetle nodded. Glad to know I wasn't the only one hearing that commotion. The Beetle said to his fellow teammates. Lead the way Calvin. The Beetle said as he waited for Calvin to start running. The Beetle had his weapon ready, just in case anything got to hasty. So if we kill someone, does that add more time to our sentence? The Beetle asked jokingly. It was rare for the beetle to be joking. Shoot it is rare when he talks period.

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
Harvey appeared beside the figure, saying... "I would advise this John. Its seems rather unsafe."

The words just spurred Crichton to action. Out of stubbornness to the clone and sheer irritation he looked into the shard.

@Mighty Roman
Crichton would feel like he was falling. Into an ocean of distant worlds. He could see different versions of himself, blurring and colliding endlessly over each other. One where he was living on a farm with Areyn and 2 small children. Another where he was wearing a black and white costume with a cape, flying through the air. One where he was old and wrinkled, shooting lightning from his fingers. One with him being mummified and put into the cocoon, falling into Stasis.... As he fell through these distant worlds, one image always appeared. A black helmet. And the man who wore it. What he wore would always change to fit the setting of each world, but the helmet always appeared. Crichton then felt himself be pulled upwards, up out of his vision, and back into the real world.

The Mummy was pulling some wires out of his arm. 'The Multiverse is collapsing. All of us. Every John Crichton. But it's okay, it's why I came here. Now, listen to my warning. Today, one of you will die. Don't trust the other. Save the Cadet. The focal collapse begins. Project R.A.I.N. isn't an acronym, it's a list-'

The Mummy got out of his cocoon, and looked at The Dalek, with a look of vague recognition. 'Mal?! Are you out of your mind?'
He took a rusty gun from his holster, but it exploded in his hand. 'Argh. That'll burn. Mal!? He sighed. 'John, Saffron. End this. Aim for the orbs on it's lower section.
(OOC: For this battle, you'll have to roll the dice each time that you attack).

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Calvin, Beetle and Victor arrived on the top floor, they could see that an armoured Truck had been crashed through the wall. A gang of youths stepped out of the truck, most of them wearing black hoodies. Indigo was unconscious at their feet.

One of the youths made a squawking sound, like a seagull towards his comrades. They turned to face the the three Team members who had arrived there. Calvin crouched on the ground. He was shaking violently. 'I've had enough.'
His suit was shredded as he grew 5 times his usual height, becoming the savage Mr Hyde.
Mr._Hyde.jpg

As he did, the gang leapt towards the trio, unleashing terrifying sonic screams.

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖

Crichton would feel like he was falling. Into an ocean of distant worlds. He could see different versions of himself, blurring and colliding endlessly over each other. One where he was living on a farm with Areyn and 2 small children. Another where he was wearing a black and white costume with a cape, flying through the air. One where he was old and wrinkled, shooting lightning from his fingers. One with him being mummified and put into the cocoon, falling into Stasis.... As he fell through these distant worlds, one image always appeared. A black helmet. And the man who wore it. What he wore would always change to fit the setting of each world, but the helmet always appeared. Crichton then felt himself be pulled upwards, up out of his vision, and back into the real world.

The Mummy was pulling some wires out of his arm. 'The Multiverse is collapsing. All of us. Every John Crichton. But it's okay, it's why I came here. Now, listen to my warning. Today, one of you will die. Don't trust the other. Save the Cadet. The focal collapse begins. Project R.A.I.N. isn't an acronym, it's a list-'

The Mummy got out of his cocoon, and looked at The Dalek, with a look of vague recognition. 'Mal?! Are you out of your mind?'
He took a rusty gun from his holster, but it exploded in his hand. 'Argh. That'll burn. Mal!? He sighed. 'John, Saffron. End this. Aim for the orbs on it's lower section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Calvin, Beetle and Victor arrived on the top floor, they could see that an armoured Truck had been crashed through the wall. A gang of youths stepped out of the truck, most of them wearing black hoodies. Indigo was unconscious at their feet.

One of the youths made a squawking sound, like a seagull towards his comrades. They turned to face the the three Team members who had arrived there. Calvin crouched on the ground. He was shaking violently. 'I've had enough.'
His suit was shredded as he grew 5 times his usual height, becoming the savage Mr Hyde.
Mr._Hyde.jpg

As he did, the gang leapt towards the trio, unleashing terrifying sonic screams.

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖

Saffron did as recommended.

Even: Hit
Odd: Miss

@Mighty Roman

Last edited by a moderator:
Saffron's blast struck one of the Orbs on Dalek Mal, however, the creature screeched: 'ELEVATE!'
As he said this, Dalek Mal rose into the air. The battle wasn't over yet-and things were going to get even tougher from here on out.
Flying_Dalek.jpg

Saffron fired again.

((same key))

@Mighty Roman
Another shot from Saffron sent smoke spiraling out of Dalek Mal's midsection. As Saffron continued firing at The Dalek, The Mummy put his own gun up to Saffron's head. 'Sorry, sweetheart, but he's right. You did kill him. And your future ain't bright. Don't think once you end him the second time that I won't finish you off myself.'

Another shot from Saffron sent smoke spiraling out of Dalek Mal's midsection. As Saffron continued firing at The Dalek, The Mummy put his own gun up to Saffron's head. 'Sorry, sweetheart, but he's right. You did kill him. And your future ain't bright. Don't think once you end him the second time that I won't finish you off myself.'

"I didn't kill anyone. My Malcolm is still alive and well."

@Mighty Roman

"I didn't kill anyone. My Malcolm is still alive and well."

@Mighty Roman
'That's not the problem, Sweetheart. It's not who you have killed, it's who you will kill. Mal, and several others' death really mucks up the future, and that cycle is starting soon. The world where Mal and I come from.'
He still held the gun to her head, unflinchingly.

@BarrenThin

'That's not the problem, Sweetheart. It's not who you have killed, it's who you will kill. Mal, and several others' death really mucks up the future, and that cycle is starting soon. The world where Mal and I come from.'
He still held the gun to her head, unflinchingly.

@BarrenThin

"... So I'm more or less unrelated up your world, but killing me stops the issue in yours? I don't think that's how it works."

@Mighty Roman

"... So I'm more or less unrelated up your world, but killing me stops the issue in yours? I don't think that's how it works."

@Mighty Roman
'I don't think that you get it. I'm not from another world. I'm from the future of your world. So's Mal here. And I know how Time Travel works. I'm stopping the bad future from happening-by cutting the thread from the beginning.'

@BarrenThin

'I don't think that you get it. I'm not from another world. I'm from the future of your world. So's Mal here. And I know how Time Travel works. I'm stopping the bad future from happening-by cutting the thread from the beginning.'

@BarrenThin

"You sure you aren't just causing the problem?" She was just stalling, now. There was a gun to her head, after all.

@Mighty Roman
@Thuro Pendragon

Mr._Hyde.jpg

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖
tumblr_mqryhw1lSn1sboqq7o4_250.gif

((Ignore the text there))

"All right." Crichton yelled. "Everyone freeze. I am getting a headache trying to keep this straight. So you're me, and Saffron betrays us?"

He pointed at the Dalek.

"Then what the hell is that, and why is it called Mal?"

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
tumblr_mqryhw1lSn1sboqq7o4_250.gif

((Ignore the text there))

"All right." Crichton yelled. "Everyone freeze. I am getting a headache trying to keep this straight. So you're me, and Saffron betrays us?"

He pointed at the Dalek.

"Then what the hell is that, and why is it called Mal?"

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

Saffron, who currently had a gun pointed at her by future Crichton, answered. "Mal is an... ex-husband of mine. Apparently, I kill him." She was acting pretty cool but her eyes betrayed a little fear. She didn't want to die.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

The Mummy tore off another bandage, revealing his name etched into his worn army jumpsuit. 'Alright. You got me. I'm John Crichton. I initially came here to warn you-about the future. About Project R.A.I.N. But what can I say-Saffron kills Mal, and that means that the future goes real bad, real quickly. Mal's corpse was turned into that Dalek....

Damnit, I just came to warn you, but I knew that Mal would interfere, try and avoid his death. But maybe I can't just stand and watch as my future is created.'

He lowered his gun, reluctantly.
He knew that Crichton wouldn't try anything funny. Or at least, he hadn't remembered trying anything.

The Mummy tore off another bandage, revealing his name etched into his worn army jumpsuit. 'Alright. You got me. I'm John Crichton. I initially came here to warn you-about the future. About Project R.A.I.N. But what can I say-Saffron kills Mal, and that means that the future goes real bad, real quickly. Mal's corpse was turned into that Dalek....

Damnit, I just came to warn you, but I knew that Mal would interfere, try and avoid his death. But maybe I can't just stand and watch as my future is created.'

He knew that Crichton wouldn't try anything funny. Or at least, he hadn't remembered trying anything.

Saffron moved behind her Crichton a little fearfully now. She was actually pretty shaken by the threat, and it showed.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

• Love

"Now. As a well traveled little explorer I can believe that you're from the future. Except..."

Crichton turned and aimed his Pulse Pistol at the future version of himself.

3481963_0432801642_Crich.jpg

"When the hell have I ever gotten that lucky? More more likely this little trip is taking place in my head. So tell me." He kicked over one of the display cases. "Who are you really? Peacekeepers? Scorpy having fun again? Or wait. Is it the Scarrans? Did the Barney brigade finally catch me? Or have I just finally cracked under the strain?"

He fired shots to either side of mysterious man.

tumblr_mqvm9wieyf1sboqq7o1_250.gif

• Love
"Now. As a well traveled little explorer I can believe that you're from the future. Except..."

Crichton turned and aimed his Pulse Pistol at the future version of himself.

3481963_0432801642_Crich.jpg

"When the hell have I ever gotten that lucky? More more likely this little trip is taking place in my head. So tell me." He kicked over one of the display cases. "Who are you really? Peacekeepers? Scorpy having fun again? Or wait. Is it the Scarrans? Did the Barney brigade finally catch me? Or have I just finally cracked under the strain?"

He fired shots to either side of mysterious man.

tumblr_mqvm9wieyf1sboqq7o1_250.gif

Saffron giggled a little at Crichton's insane humor, though she was still a bit a frightened by his future self.

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
'Good God. Was I really this dumb? I thought that I lost it, when they told me about Time Travel, but it turns out that our powers make it a lot easier.

I volunteered to go back in time to stop Mal. A Dalek this early in Earth's history could be a disaster! But I arrived way too early! So I slept for a while, knowing that you'd wake me up. Here.'

Future Crichton threw his own Pulse Pistol to his younger self. It was:
'Identical. In every way. Sure it's rusty, and I've had to repair it. But there. I'm you, and you're me. But you're not me, because I was you.

And things only get crazier from here on out. The Reapers. The Angels. Mr. Mxtytrplyx. Things get weird. And then they turn horrible. It begins today.

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin

'Good God. Was I really this dumb? I thought that I lost it, when they told me about Time Travel, but it turns out that our powers make it a lot easier.

I volunteered to go back in time to stop Mal. A Dalek this early in Earth's history could be a disaster! But I arrived way too early! So I slept for a while, knowing that you'd wake me up. Here.'

Future Crichton threw his own Pulse Pistol to his younger self. It was:
'Identical. In every way. Sure it's rusty, and I've had to repair it. But there. I'm you, and you're me. But you're not me, because I was you.

And things only get crazier from here on out. The Reapers. The Angels. Mr. Mxtytrplyx. Things get weird. And then they turn horrible. It begins today.

@Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin
tumblr_mqi6hiWnpV1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text)

"Who you calling an idiot, idiot."

Crichton took the two guns and compared them. They were identical, even if one wasn't being taken care off properly. He took them both and pointed them at the robot and the mummy, respectively.

tumblr_nkgqgfpGnq1qaepp4o1_250.gif

"All right. You both show us what we came here for, we leave without filling you full of Pulse Bolts. Sound fair? No? Too bad."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

• Love
tumblr_mqi6hiWnpV1sboqq7o1_250.gif

((Ignore the text)

"Who you calling an idiot, idiot."

Crichton took the two guns and compared them. They were identical, even if one wasn't being taken care off properly. He took them both and pointed them at the robot and the mummy, respectively.

tumblr_nkgqgfpGnq1qaepp4o1_250.gif

"All right. You both show us what we came here for, we leave without filling you full of Pulse Bolts. Sound fair? No? Too bad."

@BarrenThin
@Mighty Roman

Admittedly, there was something very alluring to Saffron about Crichton's insanity. She chewed her bottom lip a little before raising her own pistol and stepping out from behind Crichton. She'd already tagged Mal twice. In her mind, at least, he was hurting. "Well, not that I don't enjoy being threatened by mummified versions of my..." She cast a more than a little suggestive look Crichton's way. "... colleagues, but we really ain't got time for this fei hua. So get talking."

@Thuro Pendragon
@Mighty Roman

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.