The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Flashback~

Saffron just winked at him upon being followed. "I can handle myself in a fight. And I can shoot a gun. Not to mention there ain't a man in the 'Verse that won't let his guard down if he thinks he might get laid." She paused. "'Cept for you, apparently. A rutting shame, too. You're awful handsome."

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon
~Flashback~

"I've been shot at, tortured, tortured some more, hit in the head, hit in the boys, dropped in space, had a bad oral hygiene anonymous refugee stuck in my head, and finally got killed and resurrected. Lady. I'm lucky I can even handle a gun, let alone a shuttle. Let me work back towards handling a woman."

He laughed then flashed one of his famous smiles.

tumblr_mrcc0fUQTR1sboqq7o4_250.gif

"I'll let you know when I can though.

~End Flashback~

@BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
~Flashback~

"I've been shot at, tortured, tortured some more, hit in the head, hit in the boys, dropped in space, had a bad oral hygiene anonymous refugee stuck in my head, and finally got killed and resurrected. Lady. I'm lucky I can even handle a gun, let alone a shuttle. Let me work back towards handling a woman."

He laughed then flashed one of his famous smiles.

tumblr_mrcc0fUQTR1sboqq7o4_250.gif

"I'll let you know when I can though.

~End Flashback~

@BarrenThin

~Flashback~​

She didn't seem fazed by or particularly interested in his past. She did make a quiet, pleased sound at the last statement. "Good. I'll be paying close attention, then." Before going to wait in silence, she whispered in his ear, "You can call me Saffron. Or whatever you like, really. It's not my real name."

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
~Flashback~​

She didn't seem fazed by or particularly interested in his past. She did make a quiet, pleased sound at the last statement. "Good. I'll be paying close attention, then." Before going to wait in silence, she whispered in his ear, "You can call me Saffron. Or whatever you like, really. It's not my real name."

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon
~Flashback~

As she walked off, Crichton cracked up.

tumblr_mqi6hiWnpV1sboqq7o3_250.gif

"Oh buddy." He said to himself. "She is gonna stab you in the back the first chance she gets."

There was a slight pause, and then.

"Worth it."

~End Flashback~

@BarrenThin

• Love
~Flashback~

As she walked off, Crichton cracked up.

tumblr_mqi6hiWnpV1sboqq7o3_250.gif

"Oh buddy." He said to himself. "She is gonna stab you in the back the first chance she gets."

There was a slight pause, and then.

"Worth it."

~End Flashback~

@BarrenThin

~Flashback~

Saffron, sitting in a rather unlady-like, but extremely flattering way, said nothing.

~End Flashback~

@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Saffron came up to the cataloguer, twirling some hair. What did a girl have to do to get some adoration around here? "So what's that metal thingy?" She said with a certain sweet dumbness.

@Mighty Roman

'That-'said the Cataloger, pointing at the thing. A name badge would tell you that his name was Adam Mitchell. 'Is The Metaltron. Or at least, that's what we're calling it. But unlike everything else in here...It's alive. It turns on. At night, sometimes it talks to us. Tells us things. Bits of it are missing, from previous owners, before Mr Indigo bought it. It tends to have some sort of...allure about it, doesn't it? Some sort of force pulling you towards it. That's why it's over there. No-Ones' even touched it-It could be Radioactive for all we know. But I want to. Someday, I will...get it to speak to me. Tell me where it comes from, tell me it's secrets. Usually it just rants about someone looking for him. But I want to know what it really is.'

@BarrenThin

Meanwhile, Chrichton could hear a voice. It sounded familiar. It was calling his name, guiding him towards the cocoon. It was Areyn. His lost love. But how? It was telling him to: 'Open it, John. Open what you came for. So we can be together again. The shard. It's very important. It can give you whatever you desire....'

@Thuro Pendragon

Meanwhile, Calvin could hear a commotion upstairs. Screaming. Shattering glass. Crackling Electricity. He looked at Kresnik and Beetle.
'C'Mon, let's check it out. I want a look at whatever's going on up there.' He walked towards the lift.

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖

(OOC: @❖Cats❖ I can PM you a recap if you like, but basically, The Team have been sent to retrieve a Coccon owned by Charles Indigo. Inside it is a shard of The Black Vortex. They're currently in an archive of alien technology that Indigo owns.)

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
'That-'said the Cataloger, pointing at the thing. A name badge would tell you that his name was Adam Mitchell. 'Is The Metaltron. Or at least, that's what we're calling it. But unlike everything else in here...It's alive. It turns on. At night, sometimes it talks to us. Tells us things. Bits of it are missing, from previous owners, before Mr Indigo bought it. It tends to have some sort of...allure about it, doesn't it? Some sort of force pulling you towards it. That's why it's over there. No-Ones' even touched it-It could be Radioactive for all we know. But I want to. Someday, I will...get it to speak to me. Tell me where it comes from, tell me it's secrets. Usually it just rants about someone looking for him. But I want to know what it really is.'

@BarrenThin

Meanwhile, Chrichton could hear a voice. It sounded familiar. It was calling his name, guiding him towards the cocoon. It was Areyn. His lost love. But how? It was telling him to: 'Open it, John. Open what you came for. So we can be together again. The shard. It's very important. It can give you whatever you desire....'

@Thuro Pendragon

Meanwhile, Calvin could hear a commotion upstairs. Screaming. Shattering glass. Crackling Electricity. He looked at Kresnik and Beetle.
'C'Mon, let's check it out. I want a look at whatever's going on up there.' He walked towards the lift.

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖

(OOC: @❖Cats❖ I can PM you a recap if you like, but basically, The Team have been sent to retrieve a Coccon owned by Charles Indigo. Inside it is a shard of The Black Vortex. They're currently in an archive of alien technology that Indigo owns.)

Saffron looked at it quietly. "Wow. Sounds like it would sell for a lot."

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
'Definetely. Mr Indigo had to pay a fortune for it. Say-'he whispered. 'You want to get a closer look at it?'

@BarrenThin

Saffron paused. "No, thanks. I'd rather not test my luck." She pecked the cataloguer on the cheek. "Thanks, sweety."

@Mighty Roman
The Cataloger gave a sad smile. He'd never had much experience with women. For some reason 'Hi, I'm Adam, and I find out how alien body parts work' wasn't a great chat-up line. As he was about to show her something, the Metal Creature in the corner buzzed into life. It didn't move, but it's singular eye lit up, as it's voice croaked.

'Sssserrrennityyyyy....Serenity....Ssssaaffffrronn...Come closerrrrr.'
Adam looked at the creature, shock etched into his face.
'Well that's new.'
'Rrremmemmberrrr me?'
The Creature's voice was slurred, and croaky, yet still had some form of military command evident.

@BarrenThin

(Also, Brownie Points if you recognise who The Cataloger is, Fire :) ).

The Cataloger gave a sad smile. He'd never had much experience with women. For some reason 'Hi, I'm Adam, and I find out how alien body parts work' wasn't a great chat-up line. As he was about to show her something, the Metal Creature in the corner buzzed into life. It didn't move, but it's singular eye lit up, as it's voice croaked.

'Sssserrrennityyyyy....Serenity....Ssssaaffffrronn...Come closerrrrr.'
Adam looked at the creature, shock etched into his face.
'Well that's new.'
'Rrremmemmberrrr me?'
The Creature's voice was slurred, and croaky, yet still had some form of military command evident.

@BarrenThin

(Also, Brownie Points if you recognise who The Cataloger is, Fire :) ).

Saffron blinked and took a cautious step forward. "What... what the Hell?"

@Mighty Roman

Saffron blinked and took a cautious step forward. "What... what the Hell?"

@Mighty Roman
Rrremmmeber mmmeee, Saffron? Serenity? We werrre marrrieddd. Once. Do you knowwww what I've becccomme? Who I wasss?'

Two lights lit up on top of the creature. It was still mostly bathed in shadow, with Cobwebs hanging off of it.
@BarrenThin

Rrremmmeber mmmeee, Saffron? Serenity? We werrre marrrieddd. Once. Do you knowwww what I've becccomme? Who I wasss?'

Two lights lit up on top of the creature. It was still mostly bathed in shadow, with Cobwebs hanging off of it.
@BarrenThin

"I married a lot of people, and I most certainly don't remember no tin man." Unless... "You aren't Mal, are you?"

@Mighty Roman

• Love
"I married a lot of people, and I most certainly don't remember no tin man." Unless... "You aren't Mal, are you?"

@Mighty Roman
The Creature turned, slowly. A hologram shot forward out of it's eye. The feed kept turning on and off. Adam (The Cataloger), fetched some strange looking device, which had a handle like a fishing rod reel. He span it wildly, and the Hologram came back into focus.
'I've waitted soooo lonnng...'
The Hologram feed showed various pictures and film clips of Mal Reynolds. Saffron had been present at some of these moments. Some of them, she wouldn't recognise. But then the image changed. It was now...from Mal's point of view? He was running, from 3 Metal Creatures, except unlike the one that Saffron was speaking too, they were shiny, new...and deadly. Mal fired wildly towards them, but to no avail. 'Saffron, open the door.'
He sounded worried. He was banging on a door. Hammering at it incessantly. The Creatures werre approaching behind him, ranting some military command. Something about being The Superior Beings, The Masters of Earth. 'Saffron, I need you to open the lock. Saffron! Saffron!'
Mal was now shouting for help. As he ran out of ammunition, he dropped his gun. 'Take your best shot.'

Saffron could now hear a voice like the creature's, but it was loud, shouting one word.
'Exterminate!'
The Feed cut off. Adam stood there. Frozen.
'I am Captaaain Mal Reynoldssss.'
The Creature moved forwards, easily tearing through the chains that had shackled it to the floor in the corner.
'I am a Dalek. I was converted intooooo one on The Dalekkk Mothership. Because you failed me. Tiimmee is broken. My Emergency Temporal Shift sent me back in time to 2005. I was found by Charles Indigo, bought here in Hibernation. Waiting for the moment that you would finally come back for me!'
Shouted The Dalek, triumphantly.
@BarrenThin
latest

The Creature turned, slowly. A hologram shot forward out of it's eye. The feed kept turning on and off. Adam (The Cataloger), fetched some strange looking device, which had a handle like a fishing rod reel. He span it wildly, and the Hologram came back into focus.
'I've waitted soooo lonnng...'
The Hologram feed showed various pictures and film clips of Mal Reynolds. Saffron had been present at some of these moments. Some of them, she wouldn't recognise. But then the image changed. It was now...from Mal's point of view? He was running, from 3 Metal Creatures, except unlike the one that Saffron was speaking too, they were shiny, new...and deadly. Mal fired wildly towards them, but to no avail. 'Saffron, open the door.'
He sounded worried. He was banging on a door. Hammering at it incessantly. The Creatures werre approaching behind him, ranting some military command. Something about being The Superior Beings, The Masters of Earth. 'Saffron, I need you to open the lock. Saffron! Saffron!'
Mal was now shouting for help. As he ran out of ammunition, he dropped his gun. 'Take your best shot.'

Saffron could now hear a voice like the creature's, but it was loud, shouting one word.
'Exterminate!'
The Feed cut off. Adam stood there. Frozen.
'I am Captaaain Mal Reynoldssss.'
The Creature moved forwards, easily tearing through the chains that had shackled it to the floor in the corner.
'I am a Dalek. I was converted intooooo one on The Dalekkk Mothership. Because you failed me. Tiimmee is broken. My Emergency Temporal Shift sent me back in time to 2005. I was found by Charles Indigo, bought here in Hibernation. Waiting for the moment that you would finally come back for me!'
Shouted The Dalek, triumphantly.
@BarrenThin
latest

Saffron tilted her head slightly... and laughed. "Mal... Mal, Mal, Mal. Such a pity. Except... Not really."

@Mighty Roman

Reactions: Mighty Roman
'You killed me Saffron! I waited here for 10 years, gathering dust, not just waiting for you to come back for me! Waiting...to Exterminate you.
Mal fired an energy blast towards Saffron. 'The Entire crew of The Serenity died that day! Eeeveen our son....'
He fired another blast, shattering a nearby glass case containing a Metal head of some kind of Cyborg. 'I will return to the Dalek Empire. I will watch as they drain all emotion from you. Except hatred. The hate that I savoured every single day you didn't return. The Hatred of The Daleks! Did I tell you what you did to the others? Perhaps John Chrichton?'

@BarrenThin

'You killed me Saffron! I waited here for 10 years, gathering dust, not just waiting for you to come back for me! Waiting...to Exterminate you.
Mal fired an energy blast towards Saffron. 'The Entire crew of The Serenity died that day! Eeeveen our son....'
He fired another blast, shattering a nearby glass case containing a Metal head of some kind of Cyborg. 'I will return to the Dalek Empire. I will watch as they drain all emotion from you. Except hatred. The hate that I savoured every single day you didn't return. The Hatred of The Daleks! Did I tell you what you did to the others? Perhaps John Chrichton?'

@BarrenThin

Saffron ducked under the shot. She scrambled away. "I don't care, quite frankly! Good riddance, liú kǒushuǐ de biǎozǐ hé hóuzǐ!" She called Mal the son of a drooling whore, basically. It was pretty clear it wasn't talking about the same Saffron.

@Mighty Roman

@BarrenThin

@Thuro Pendragon

@FireDrake150 @❖Cats❖

"Aeryn." He croaked. He moved towards the cocoon, and reached out to touch it. "No. No. I've seen Alien and Terminator, not getting me that easy."

He moved back and pulled his pulse pistol on it.

@Mighty Roman

• Love
"Aeryn." He croaked. He moved towards the cocoon, and reached out to touch it. "No. No. I've seen Alien and Terminator, not getting me that easy."

He moved back and pulled his pulse pistol on it.

@Mighty Roman
The Coocoon exploded open. There was a mummified figure inside it, holding the shard of The Black Vortex to his chest. The Mummy's eyes snapped open. He unbandaged his face to reveal an elderly man, with scruffy white hair, and a scruffy white beard. Through the bandages, Chrichton could see a faded name badge, worn with age, and an insignia with a white star on it. The Mummy sat up:
'It's you! John Crichton! I've never been so excited to see anyone in 700 years!'
He held up the shard, which was still saying something unintelligible in Areyn's voice. 'I'm sorry that I had to try and trick you, but I knew that this was the only way to bring us together! Here, hold the shard up to your eye. Look into it, and all will be revealed.'
The Mummy was clearly excited to see John-his expression was one of both joy and mild amusement. Depsite this, Crichton would remember that Sondreheim ordered him not to look into the shard, although he didn't explain the potential consequences.

@Thuro Pendragon

'Of course! Perhaps it hasn't happened yet for you, in this dimension! Your extermination could prevent me becoming a monster!'
The Dalek's ray gun twisted, now firing out orange heat rays wildly, turning some of the 'exhibits' to dust.

@BarrenThin

The Coocoon exploded open. There was a mummified figure inside it, holding the shard of The Black Vortex to his chest. The Mummy's eyes snapped open. He unbandaged his face to reveal an elderly man, with scruffy white hair, and a scruffy white beard. Through the bandages, Chrichton could see a faded name badge, worn with age, and an insignia with a white star on it. The Mummy sat up:
'It's you! John Crichton! I've never been so excited to see anyone in 700 years!'
He held up the shard, which was still saying something unintelligible in Areyn's voice. 'I'm sorry that I had to try and trick you, but I knew that this was the only way to bring us together! Here, hold the shard up to your eye. Look into it, and all will be revealed.'
The Mummy was clearly excited to see John-his expression was one of both joy and mild amusement. Depsite this, Crichton would remember that Sondreheim ordered him not to look into the shard, although he didn't explain the potential consequences.

@Thuro Pendragon

'Of course! Perhaps it hasn't happened yet for you, in this dimension! Your extermination could prevent me becoming a monster!'
The Dalek's ray gun twisted, now firing out orange heat rays wildly, turning some of the 'exhibits' to dust.

@BarrenThin

Saffron was starting to panic. She pulled her pistol and fired a shot at the thing's gun.

@Mighty Roman

@Thuro Pendragon

@BarrenThin
Harvey appeared beside the figure, saying... "I would advise this John. Its seems rather unsafe."

The words just spurred Crichton to action. Out of stubbornness to the clone and sheer irritation he looked into the shard.

@Mighty Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.