The Sword Seekers (original, high fantasy, dice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wait a little bit longer for posts. Please let me know if you do plan on posting but are busy: I'm going to move us on to some opening action to get things rolling quick. Say good bye to the l'il festival.

I'm still here, working on my charrie. I'll make sure to get her here for approval so she can jump in at an allowed time.

Reactions: Rainjay
Im also working on mine. I should have it out tonight...? Maybe. Ive been agonizing over the introduction post.

NO I like the festival D: DON'T GO

Im also working on mine. I should have it out tonight...? Maybe. Ive been agonizing over the introduction post.
Don't worry too much about it. Its what comes next thats important.

The festival is going down in spectacular flames.

Don't worry too much about it. Its what comes next thats important.

The festival is going down in spectacular flames.
I would like to intro Azolla first real quick. I can have it done by tonight.

I have my first side mission! Some time during the rp, get Ashur to steal that saber for Neri. mwahahahahahaha

I lied v.v sorry, I got spontaneously busy so I haven't had write a post yet

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Honor-Sama
Oh! @Rainjay / Rainwater I had a question. Are companions bound to a certain wielder or sword or are they just you know hanging around and helping all the wielders equally.

And would it be cool if I made another character?

Oh! @Rainjay / Rainwater I had a question. Are companions bound to a certain wielder or sword or are they just you know hanging around and helping all the wielders equally.

And would it be cool if I made another character?
Another character, that's a'ight by me.

As for companions: technically, each wielder can have one 'special' companion. Meaning only one chosen companion can have wielder-companion perks. It hasn't been thoroughly explained yet since it's something to pop up in the game itself, but basically companions, when 'connected' to one of the wielders, has unique abilities. For example, once a sword has bonded to a wielder, nobody else is allowed to wield the sword in combat--except for that wielder's chosen companion.

But companions can be fluid, so they aren't bound to a single wielder, and their abilities get a little bit sacrificial when you look at the Swords of Ceremony.

Additionally, companions can become wielders later on, if there are open spots and the owner of the companion desires.

• Useful
Baetya Ogilhinn, The Double-Blooded
WIP

tumblr_mpqkzxEpim1sz1z9yo2_500_zps1efb8960.jpg

Baetya Ogilhinn (BAHT'-yah O' - gil -hine)
Meaning of her name means 'dual', or 'doubled', expressing her half-blooded nature. Her mother also named her to represent the natural spirit within her that feeds her magick; she is The Keeper of Two Souls - Light and Shade.

Race: Half-breed (Elven/Tiefling)
Homeland: Thonosea
Class: Mage/Wielder
Sword: Kaphyrous

Appearance:
Every inch of her form carries the fingerprints of the artist, a mature grace visible to those who are capable of seeing her gifts. Baetya stands at about 5' 3/4" tall with a tiny structure that weighs around 86 lbs. She's like a sturdy, tall talcu sapling; soft and supple on the outside but hard as steel within. It takes more than a sharp axe to cut her down, and even more to reshape her into something less.

She has a crown of short, full red hair highlighted by the sun. She often wears it in messy braids and has full intentions of growing it back out again. Her tiny horns are thick and sprouting still, but she's determined to figure out a way to cut them down. She believes she'll be more accepted as a full-blooded Elf with no Tiefling showing whatsoever. But, of course, the darn things continue to grow even stronger than before.

Her face structure describes a blended bloodline of Elven and Tiefling - sweet, rounded cheeks with a light scale-like pattern, careful drawn jawline; full, deeply blushed lips, and a little pudgy nose - charming in its own right. Her ears are lobeless, sharp, and look far too large for her young face. Sharp teeth and claws - too demonic, if you ask her but what choices does she have there... Her most striking, and unorthodox feature, is the yellow-green crystals which color her mature looking eyes.

Personality: WIP

Skills:

Magicks:
She has an untapped ability of Illusions and Mindplay, a skill known as Xeua. Most of her illusions comes from the act of bending light, but she also has a trace of psychic illusion abilities that allow her to also twist the manner in which a person perceives her illusion.

Now, to have the ability to unknowingly alter a person's will is not what this is all about. This is, more or less, a game of the mind - turning it against itself in a battle of understanding. This battle tends to work against all the senses, which only enhances the illusion to the point where the mind loses what is make-believe, only believing that it's truth instead. Just put it this way: If you see your hand burning, feels the heat, the pain as your flesh balls up into charred black masses of puss and ash, and you smell it and hear the crispiness as it cooks down to the muscle and bones...then, you will believe that your hand is burning. Although, the others around you who are watching you flail your hand madly will only consider your mind at a loss and either leaves you in your madness or try to calm you down - they see the truth; your hand is not burning. You will lose yourself in this illusion - in some cases, to the point of losing your life due to your delusions. This is a lot harder than bending light, and therefore something she is unable to do at this time.

Invisibility: A little mouse who loves to hide whenever possible, Baetya bends light to hide her presence during the day, or maneuvers the shadows to hide within. Other times, she will forego these tools and just alter a person's perception of what's before them with another trick of the mind - creating an illusion of nothing there, when - in fact - she's standing before them. But that's rather hard for her to do. She tends to use this ability for anything and anyone, keeping herself safe and any other innocent creatures in their presence that runs into danger. Some would say that her skills are more psychic than anything, which they would be right. But, she is still young and her skills immature; they are not at that status. She would love to be able to stretch her illusions within a person's mind in order to walk into their nightmares and dreams; using them as tools against them.

Talents: Due to her special gift, Baey tends to find the most unlikely friends in the most unlikely places. Her nose is always sniffing out the right clues, and even the words she happens to say within stressful times are just right for the ears and hearts needing to hear them. It's as if she knows exactly what needs to be done and said in order to make the chaos around her a little less chaotic. At this point, she doesn't realize what her skills are doing, but eventually she will - and she'll either be happy about the gift and what it has brought to her, or feel sad and guilty for having such an advantage over others, or both. She can be a bit indifferent about her feelings on various topics. That's something people may wish for her to out grow - eventually, for it can outweigh her special skills and completely overshadow the right choices with doubtful ones.

Stats: WIP

Brief history:** WIP

Relationships:
Mother: Venarii Ogilhinn (Elven)
Father: Vanitas (Tiefling) -
Not a topic she cares to share. Location unknown and not necessary.

Other:

Weapons: As she travels now, besides her teeth and claws, she also carries a daggerlette. It is a whip-like weapon made of the strongest and most flexible ironwood leather, dipped in gold for appearance sake. At the ends are a cluster of dagger-like sharpened tips.
While your character is creative and obviously made with care, I need to comment now: the only races are the ones listed on the main page, and magic use isn't quite so liberal as written in your CS. The races in this story universe are confined to humans, elves, and nymphs/dryads, and magic use, excluding the sword powers, is elemental.

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
@Miroell Hey - I wanted to hold off with Erard's intro post until we sorted out how we want to kick this off. Is there any particular setting or place you want the pair in? Or start with a chance encounter on the road and go from there?
Heeey! Yes! Sorry. I had completely forgotten about this thing but I remember it now and I think it's not too late! So, now I'm here, and I am (mostly) fine with whatever you have in mind! Chance Encounter sounds like a good a place as any. :o

Okay, I'll get Baey edited soon. I wasn't sure on a few things.

do i still have time to post before the festival ends?

Asdfghjkl so I'm still here guys! It's finals week(s) though. *internal screaming* X_X

I should have a post up by Friday--the destruction of the poor little festival. Anybody can do any posting they wanna do until then.

And then after my finals are done next Wednesday, I'll be free up for the summer.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: ze_kraken
Asdfghjkl so I'm still here guys! It's finals week(s) though. *internal screaming* X_X

I should have a post up by Friday--the destruction of the poor little festival. Anybody can do any posting they wanna do until then.

And then after my finals are done next Wednesday, I'll be free up for the summer.
I'm still here too! Should probably mention that lol. I might post and get involved with one of you later tonight.!

• Love
Reactions: Rainjay and Ayla
Soooo I'm posting today & tomorrowish, but would just like to get a tally count of who's still here and interested. Finishing up highschool has had me a lot busier than I expected and I've honestly been neglecting this roleplay (and others) because of it. I finish finals next week and then am free all summer, but would like to know if we still had a crowd before I try to push this onwards. I don't want to kick a dead horse.

@Honorific @Zeroisdead @Miroell @PersonaWolf @Ayla

• Useful
Reactions: Zeroisdead
Im still here :)

• Thank You
Soooo I'm posting today & tomorrowish, but would just like to get a tally count of who's still here and interested. Finishing up highschool has had me a lot busier than I expected and I've honestly been neglecting this roleplay (and others) because of it. I finish finals next week and then am free all summer, but would like to know if we still had a crowd before I try to push this onwards. I don't want to kick a dead horse.

@Honorific @Zeroisdead @Miroell @PersonaWolf @Ayla
Also here

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.