The Sword Seekers (original, high fantasy, dice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm hopefully going to have the IC up before Thursday. I'mma have to work on it a little bit each day, considering I'm busy all week, but I should be able to have it finished by then, if not sooner.

Can I reserve a spot? I'll be working on my CS tonight ;u;

Reactions: Rainjay
Calen Moor | Human Mage | 28 Years Old | Thuaris

full

Appearence
Calen maintains a weird blend of haggard and refined appearance. He stands six feet tall with near shoulder length hair that has gone uncut for a few years, his beard trimmed close but with varying degrees of patchiness. His cloths and basic protection spoke of being well made at one point, but over the years have shown harsh signs of wear and tear. Patches of a tough fabric permeate his cloths, sewn in with very thin reeds and vines, layers of leather reinforcing what little protection he has. Sometimes he keeps his sword on him, sometimes not. It's probably the nicest looking possession of his. His use for it almost purely superficial, his real power brimming from his finger tips. His body carries several scars, claw marks and bites from several animal encounters, some scars from other types of encounters.

Personality
You cannot mistake self-imposed exile for an introverted personality. Calen is fierce and assertive. Territorial by nature in his exile, he protects his solitary home and the surrounding area with lethal prejudice. Although often he prefers the company of other animals to people, he makes himself social enough to get by in the inhabited areas nearby. Happy isn't a word well associated with him. He often seems brooding in his loneliness, his thoughts often troubled for reasons unknown to most others.

Brief History
Calen was picked up by the druidic circle of Thuaris for his rare potency in magic. However his affinity for conflict was a constant source of frustration for the senior mages. His recklessness and his easy to rise personality often meant more than one initiate walked away with bruises. As the teachings and initiates got older it wouldn't be uncommon for conflicts would involve haphazard use of magic. Calen was often too glad to utilize his potential.

Eventually within the circle as problems often became more political the higher up you went, one particular incident left a party dead and no way to prove who was the aggressor. This left Calen little choice but to exile himself from the circle. He took up residence in the swamp by the capital of Thuaris, as his affinity for earth and water magic made living there a much more luxurious affair than one would think. Problem individuals often disappeared if they entered the swamp. The environment was dangerous enough with the wildlife, disease festering dampness, and fog thick enough to render one functionally blind. It was even more so when those were manipulated with deadly intent.​
Skills
The nature of the circle prepared Calen for any situation. While he learned how to read and write, he also learned how to survive even without the help of magic. From starting fires, to tanning leather, and to making shelters, Calen has all the necessary skills for self sufficiency. Magic only serves to further quicken the process and often improve the quality of it. His aptitude for combat is limited mostly to his magic. Although his isn't afraid to utilize it in close quarters and is just competent with a sword if it was necessary. He has a high affinity for animals and the nature of his surroundings often makes his abilities more dangerous.
Stats

STR: 2+1= 3
DEX: 2+1= 3
INT: 2+1= 3
WIL: 4+4= 8
CON: 5+1= 6

Long blade: 3
Range: 3

Aim: 5
Evasion: 3

Fire Magic: 1
Water Magic: 1+3= 4
Air Magic: 1
Water Magic: 1+3= 4
Raw Magic: 2+2= 4
Magic Res: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Honor-Sama
Ok. I was super busy yesterday, but I promise that I will work my hardest to get a CS up today.

So sorry for the wait guys.

Ugh gosh I am so sorry this IC is taking me so fricken long to get up. I'm working on the first post when I can but for some reason the world decided this is deadline-week for me. I'm still working on the post. With luck I'll be done tomorrow evening.

@Rainjay
My CS in is the process, I promise!
I'm re-reading everything just so I didn't miss anything and adding and removing things from my CS, I even scrapped my first one since I didn't like the way it fit into the story-line. I've also never done a dice roleplay with stats, so I'm making sure I completely, 100% understand the fundamentals before I dive head first into this. It seems like a great roleplay to partake in.

My rant is over I'm sorry but its in the works! I should have it up by tomorrow, I have a programming class at the college to go to and then work, but I should be done early.
again I'm sorry ;y;

• Thank You
@Rainjay
My CS in is the process, I promise!
I'm re-reading everything just so I didn't miss anything and adding and removing things from my CS, I even scrapped my first one since I didn't like the way it fit into the story-line. I've also never done a dice roleplay with stats, so I'm making sure I completely, 100% understand the fundamentals before I dive head first into this. It seems like a great roleplay to partake in.

My rant is over I'm sorry but its in the works! I should have it up by tomorrow, I have a programming class at the college to go to and then work, but I should be done early.
again I'm sorry ;y;
Honorific : 1002 Little Mouse : -4

I'd like to join if there is still room?

PS: Don't judge my post history I just moved here from another site.

Soo,the IC is up.

It's not amazing, but it'll serve our purposes. Feel free to put up introductory posts of your people arriving at the festival and doing whatever, and then we'll cut right to the good stuff and get this show on the road. Field trippp

@Honorific
Just assume both Ashur and Azolla know your character for the reasons we had discussed beforehand. Ive been really busy with finals and haven't had the time to write the relationships yet ^^;

Reactions: Honor-Sama
"The world is so much bigger through open eyes, you know."
35cc73762ac0a9942daccca507811793.jpg

Elysia Wick
Elf/Human
Mage
Thuaris
Female
Weilder;
Pandora

Personality;
Elysia views the world through different eyes, as she believes. There is always hope in something drastic, and something beautiful in something with little appearance. She feels nature is something to hold dear, as her ancestors did when she was not even a thought. Her attitude is easy-going and gentle, often restorting to the call of the wind for inspiration. Not easily angered, Elysia will almost always put her own self at risk for the benefit of another individual. It is hard for her to say no when asked to do something, even if it endangers herself in the process.
Despite her gentle nature, she is shy and awkward within herself around others she does not know entirely. Interaction was not always her strong suit, but tries extremely hard to make up for what she lacks with kindness.

Skills;
As a Mage practicing her Race's dying talent, Elysia is skilled with healing magic, additionally with herbs and spices, knowledge passed on by her mother and her father. Elysia has a very strong will against the urge to fight with blades, specifically sticking to her use of long distance magic. Where she lacks in people skills, she makes up for with understanding. Elysia is able to memorize patterns and words relatively fast, which helps her in sticky situations.

Stats;
Strength: 2 + 1 = 3

Dexterity: 2 + 2 = 4
Intelligence: 2 +2 = 4
Will: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8
Constitution: 5 - 1 = 4

Aim: 5
Evasion: 5

Short blade: 4
Range: 2

Fire magic: 1

Water magic: 1 + 3 = 4
Air magic: 1
Earth magic: 1 + 3 = 4
Raw magic: 2

Resistance: 2 + 2 = 5
Sword power: 0

Brief History;
Elysia was born into the forests of Thuaris, one of the last remaining native homelands of her people, the Elves. By being born into a family of Mages, including both of her parents and oldest sibling, Magic learning was something that Elysia had little choice in doing.
She was the middle child out of three children, her oldest being by blood, and the youngest being an adopted Dryad. Living in a small town that estimated to a whopping 50 people or so, Elysia was not introduced to much contact from the outside nations other than her small village.
From there, she grew up learning the basics of elemental magic, and struggling to understand the concepts of raw magic. However easy it was to grasp the organization of puzzles, there would always be soft spots in her learning abilities that barred her from understanding some concepts.
However, at the age of 10, Elysia had lost her father due to a disease that was of unknown origin. From there, her mother had strived to help Elysia discover the wonder of the forest and the secrets it held. From the time she was little up until current, she had always been jealous of her youngest sibling. Dryads had a connection with the planet that she would never experience. She was kept from its secrets and wonders that only Dryad eyes could see.
Her Dryad sibling, Oscar, caught on to her jealousy and taught her how to heal and become useful in the skill of plants and herbs. By the time she was 13, Elysia was able to almost completely memorize the fauna and flora surrounding her homeland.
However, regardless of her and her siblings knowledge of the forest and its natural healing capabilities, the village ran rampant with disease and death. By 14, her mother and older sibling had passed from yet another unknown illness. Her younger sibling fled the village, here the Dryad soon withered and died as well.
Alone at 15, Elysia travels the world of Mesym in hopes to gather collective knowledge of the world and magic, and all of the secrets in may hold.

Relationships;
Grenadine Wick(Mother), Lucian Wick(Father), Fauness Wick(Oldest sister), Aarondale(Aaron) Rose(Adopted Dryad youngest brother)

Bah. I hope I got everything right. I had to restart this countless times because I'm so indecisive(And I read too late that I couldn't be a dryad oh no) I did read everything though and hopefully I managed to get it all right in the CS.

;y;​

Last edited:
"The world is so much bigger through open eyes, you know."
35cc73762ac0a9942daccca507811793.jpg

Elysia Wick
Elf/Human
Mage
Thuaris
Female

Personality;
Elysia views the world through different eyes, as she believes. There is always hope in something drastic, and something beautiful in something with little appearance. She feels nature is something to hold dear, as her ancestors did when she was not even a thought. Her attitude is easy-going and gentle, often restorting to the call of the wind for inspiration. Not easily angered, Elysia will almost always put her own self at risk for the benefit of another individual. It is hard for her to say no when asked to do something, even if it endangers herself in the process.
Despite her gentle nature, she is shy and awkward within herself around others she does not know entirely. Interaction was not always her strong suit, but tries extremely hard to make up for what she lacks with kindness.

Skills;
As a Mage practicing her Race's dying talent, Elysia is skilled with healing magic, additionally with herbs and spices, knowledge passed on by her mother and her father. Elysia has a very strong will against the urge to fight with blades, specifically sticking to her use of long distance magic. Where she lacks in people skills, she makes up for with understanding. Elysia is able to memorize patterns and words relatively fast, which helps her in sticky situations.

Stats;
Strength: 2 + 1 = 3

Dexterity: 2 + 2 = 4
Intelligence: 2 +2 = 4
Will: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7
Constitution: 5 - 1 = 4

Brief History;
Elysia was born into the forests of Thuaris, one of the last remaining native homelands of her people, the Elves. By being born into a family of Mages, including both of her parents and oldest sibling, Magic learning was something that Elysia had little choice in doing.
She was the middle child out of three children, her oldest being by blood, and the youngest being an adopted Dryad. Living in a small town that estimated to a whopping 50 people or so, Elysia was not introduced to much contact from the outside nations other than her small village.
From there, she grew up learning the basics of elemental magic, and struggling to understand the concepts of raw magic. However easy it was to grasp the organization of puzzles, there would always be soft spots in her learning abilities that barred her from understanding some concepts.
However, at the age of 10, Elysia had lost her father due to a disease that was of unknown origin. From there, her mother had strived to help Elysia discover the wonder of the forest and the secrets it held. From the time she was little up until current, she had always been jealous of her youngest sibling. Dryads had a connection with the planet that she would never experience. She was kept from its secrets and wonders that only Dryad eyes could see.
Her Dryad sibling, Oscar, caught on to her jealousy and taught her how to heal and become useful in the skill of plants and herbs. By the time she was 13, Elysia was able to almost completely memorize the fauna and flora surrounding her homeland.
However, regardless of her and her siblings knowledge of the forest and its natural healing capabilities, the village ran rampant with disease and death. By 14, her mother and older sibling had passed from yet another unknown illness. Her younger sibling fled the village, here the Dryad soon withered and died as well.
Alone at 15, Elysia travels the world of Mesym in hopes to gather collective knowledge of the world and magic, and all of the secrets in may hold.

Relationships;
Grenadine Wick(Mother), Lucian Wick(Father), Fauness Wick(Oldest sister), Aarondale(Aaron) Rose(Adopted Dryad youngest brother)

Bah. I hope I got everything right. I had to restart this countless times because I'm so indecisive(And I read too late that I couldn't be a dryad oh no) I did read everything though and hopefully I managed to get it all right in the CS.

;y;​

Sorry about you not being able to be a dryad. :/

Also, are you planning on adding the rest of the stats?

• Useful
Reactions: Ayla
@Zeroisdead

SCREAMING I FORGOT OH GOSH IM SORRY

I'm going to fix it now omg ahhh

I think I fixed it.
I'm so new at this please forgive me ;u; I swear I have read everything five times over and have ten tabs open of the same page, I even have a notebook filled with stats ahh I'm trying so hard

IF there's still room, might I add my little Tiefling to this bunch? Time as freed up for me, and this has captured my eye.
I'll read up and reset her old template to work for this gaming format. Other than that, do forgive if my stats are off. I'm still getting use to the Die setup on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.