The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, a single 1 somewhere won't necessarily kill you, and a couple 2s won't, either.

Are those stat-theiving attacks permanent? ...I assume not, though, so gotta keep your food alive. Which is quite probably a fate worse than death.

Also, Galina would be an incredible dodge-tank in SRW or the like. Sure, she falls over to a stiff breeze, but that terrible health and armor would draw simple AI aggro like no tomorrow, and it'd be unlikely much of anything would actually connect.

You mean like this?

hUUAP.png

Overwhelming Speed: (Current speed of 10)
Allows Eleena to act the number of times her speed is higher than her opponents. (EX: If the opponents speed is 5, she can attack twice in one turn, or attack and defend.) While measuring this, leftover speed from previous rounds also takes effect. (Ex: Against someone with 4 speed. The first round she would go twice, leaving 2 speed unused. Next round this would carry over, giving her '12' speed and allowing Eleena to go thrice instead.)

Additionally, this ability gives an extreme speed boost in non-combat RP situations, or combat ones that don't rely on stats.

Hm, don't exactly know Asuras's judgement on being able to act more than once a turn.

Pretty sure 'defend' is something else though, calculated based off your Fort stat. So really, it'd just be multiple attacks.

Oh.

Well I have like 5 days to get everything settled with him so yay.

Yeah, getting one over on the action economy usually breaks any balance REALLY quickly, and in a PvP environment, even with how broken and BS some of the characters probably already are, too much breaking of the system balance would probably ruin the fun in some way. It's not a bad idea, it's just something most people would probably be leery of, especially if you run into people with notably lower speed and are thus getting something like 5 actions to their one.

That being said, I'm curious. Does that skill work inversely? Like, if someone else has a speed that's double her own, she can only attack once every two turns?

Statistically it would be a yes

But as it's a unique skill to her for her to make use of her extra speed, skillwise I'd say no.

I suppose I could limit it to twice per turn, and have leftover speed carry over.

Make it limited at 10 per turn. So you can laugh at anyone who decided to set their speed to 1. XD

I'd set the limit to a maximum of one extra turn upon activation, and limit it to being used once every X turns.

@Asuras did you check my char out again?

Yes. More questions:
1) What is "moral"? Did you mean to say morale? If so that's not a stat itself, so I'm not sure how it plays in to helping him with stats.
2) If Dancing Spirits is an activated effect (and not passive), then its stat boosting should not be reflected in his CS stats.

Yes. More questions:
1) What is "moral"? Did you mean to say morale? If so that's not a stat itself, so I'm not sure how it plays in to helping him with stats.
2) If Dancing Spirits is an activated effect (and not passive), then its stat boosting should not be reflected in his CS stats.
Morale=Health It's passive, that's why I took the activating thing out.

From what I've seen, Asuras, Dancing Winds is an activated effect with an infinite duration. So, uh...it could probably be counted as a passive? Don't know about the details about it, but I see no reason why Kain would ever deactivate it.

By the way, I have a question. How will you be factoring in Beast of Goetia's passive regen?

Depending on the wounds she has received, she'll have a chance at receiving up to 1 health point after a round. More than likely it'll be a half-point of health regenerated per round.

Yeah, it's always on. The wind goes away, but it's passive so it's always on. I changed it to health instead of morale.

Are you trying to be Sonic here? Gotta go so fast that, with your Fort 1, you'd probably die by splattering yourself against a wall? Alternatively, you Flash Step too far and get turned into mush when you walk into a fat person? Like, mang, I know you like to be a ninja, with high crit and evasion, but, like, man, this is just tempting fate. Hell, that Might 1 will probably cripple your crit build, if Asuras's example was anything to go off. You can probably die by flash stepping outdoors while it's raining, with the raindrops dealing a metric ton of damage to you. How does it feel, being the only champion who dies from environmental damage?

Also scrub ninja can't even sense ambushes with that Perception 1. You're probably going to get outplayed and outsneaked by a fatty knight dude coming from behind for surprise sword-in-ass. But if irony was what you were going for, that's cool.
Yup, that's what I was going for.

And here, have this reaction gif for next time you do this.

Edit: But 1-2 is normal human level, so fatty knight would have to have decent finesse to sneak without a natural advantage.

Welp, guess I know who to eat first now. Bitches be taking my niche.

\outsonics Azathoth
My char has blue hair too

Well my abilities interconnect with each other, so I'd rather you look at them when they're all finished.

Which is right now.

@Asuras

Feel free to nerf or change whatever. I haven't looked at other's sheets, so I'll go with whatever decisions you decide to make.

Stats:
Might 1​
Finesse 2​
Fortitude 3​
Health 3​
Speed 10​
Perception 1​

Abilities:
Overwhelming Speed:
Allows Eleena act the number of times her speed is higher than her opponents. (EX: If the opponents speed is 5, she can attack twice in one turn, or attack and defend.) While measuring this, leftover speed from previous rounds also takes effect. (Ex: Against someone with 4 speed. The first round she would go twice, leaving 2 speed unused. Next round this would carry over, giving her '12' speed and allowing Eleena to go thrice instead.)​
Additionally, this ability gives an extreme speed boost in non-combat RP situations, or combat ones that don't rely on stats.​

Electric Soul:
Gives electrical generation based on her willpower and emotions. This electricity can only be used in close melee range (but can extend a bit past her reach.) Her main source of damage.​
In combat based situations, the power increases based on how many 'charges' the opponent has on them. Charges can be applied on both attack and defense. For a charge to be applied, she must be attacking or defending in close-range with the opponent, or a conductive item that is touching the opponent. [Charges do no damage themselves, only increase the damage of future attacks.]​
After a charge has been applied, Eleena is able to 'discharge' that one and any other existing charges, doing damage. The effect is slightly exponential, meaning 5 discharge will do more damage than 5 separate 1 discharges.​

Heroic Second Wind:
When enough damage is dealt to Eleena that she would be unable to continue the battle, her Electric Soul goes into overdrive, generating a large amount of electricity. This creates a high-powered burst that removes negative effects from inside and around her body, additionally knocking back things around her. Combat wise, this 'nullifies' the damage from the attack that would have previously finished her off, leaving her at the health before-hand. It then becomes Eleena's turn again.​
RPwise, does not remove the lethality of any damage done to her.​

The info on is more of a back story, because if you really do mediation a lot you notice your body becomes stronger and better. I love doing mediation so I know that it changes your body for the better, that's why I had the winds and whatever in it.

@RJS ayyy

Name: Terren Keto

Appearance:

e543d8d9.jpg

His skin is very pale, though not quite deathly, and he has a skinny but quite lean build. The irises in his eyes are both red, but when using his abilities or in battle, his whole eyes glow a bright white.

Personality:
Terren mostly tends to be a quiet, perhaps slightly removed character, not talking really unless needed, and he tends to be good at keeping secrets or just keeping his mouth shut when needed. He is kind enough, and hates seeing children alone or in trouble, because he knows what it feels like to be rejected and alone, or to be mistreated by another.
There may not seem to be much to the man from this outwards appearance, however beneath the quiet, there brews a storm. There goes a saying, "When the quiet man angers, the devil shivers". This could not be more true in Terren's case. When angry, there are few men who could stop his furious rage, and he would kill anyone in his path who tries to stop him acting out that fury upon its source. This has happened once, as he saw a man beat an innocent child to death, he leaped upon him from up high, and beat him senseless, not even with a sword, but just his fists pounding into the monster's face, still some time after his death. Taking the child, he buried him as best as he could, putting a small stone to mark the grave, inscribed "an innocent soul".
In his current life, when not being given a mission by those in command, he would go out and try to do justice to those who would harm children, and to help those who were alone and hungry. He was a charitable soul, and still is to this day.
From his parents he inherited a good sense of humour - he can joke around a little, but draws the line when people think to harm another is funny.

Short Biography:

William never really had a normal upbringing, as even before Drisbane was cut in two, his parents were both killed by a thief in their jewellery shop. They were in fact formerly a wealthy family in the Palace district, but he ran away as he saw them slaughtered before his very eyes, living on the streets for a while before he was found by an old man, who took him in, sheltered him, and gave him food and drink. A wonderful act of kindness to a poor, lost boy.
Or, so he thought. The man kept him locked within his house, of which he thought little at first, but came to realise he was not going to let him leave any time soon. Despite him wanting to escape, he was a little boy, so eh did as he was told. The old man taught him his unique techniques, even if he didn't want to learn, and taught him how to fight, and to use those techniques in combat.
When he learnt his soul-stealing ability, though, the old man was on his deathbed. The old man forced him to use it on him, the man who'd taken him in, yes, and kept him safe, but also the same man who'd kept him locked up save for training outside of the house against gangs and other lowlife, and never let him do as he pleased.
Despite himself, he cried as he did it - the man he hated, yet the man he loved like a father, almost, at the same time, was now at peace. he didn't want to stay in the Palace. There were too many bad memories here. To remind him of the old man, and to remind him of the parents he once had.
The Guardians was where he decided to go - the best place for him to use his abilities as best he could, and it'd aid him in saving children from circumstances like his own, and worse. Not to mention bringing to his own kind of justice those who caused their misfortune.

Faction: Guardians

Stats:

Might: 4
Finesse: 4
Fortitude: 3
Health: 3
Speed: 2
Perception:

Abilities:

- Wraith fire - projects a cone of shimmering white fire, damaging and knocking back all those within its ~5 metre range. This makes the palm of his outstretched hand glow as he casts it.
The fire of a wraith does not burn, but it can be far more useful in combat

- Execution - A devastating attack with very high damage, but that requires close range to use. His sword glows when he uses this.
The fastest way to a man's heart is usually a sword

- Stealer of souls - steals a small amount of health from an opponent, and a randomly picked single stat. Exhausts him when used repetitively. Has a short range of about 2 metres. His open mouth glows when doing this.
Your soul is delicious!

Equipment:

- Bound blade - This katana is not stored like conventional weapons upon one's person, rather, it is a summoned, magical construct, made from a rune upon the hilt of an otherwise bladeless sword. It can be extended to have a longer range, or shortened to act as a dagger.
Its nature helps greatly with preventing himself being disarmed, as he can simply dispel the blade momentarily and then re-summon it to slash as the enemy once more. Casting and adjusting are the only things that costs him any mana, unless it takes a hit that would otherwise damage the blade, which takes the most.

- Throwing knives - other than perhaps being sharper than most, there is for once nothing unusual about these small throwing knives, which he keeps along each arm on leather holders.

- Under-armour - beneath his clothes, he keeps some light armour that won't stop a sword careening straight for his chest, but might prevent him being stabbed in the chest, neck, or legs with a normal knife.

- Bound armour - similar to his blade, this armour is actually a series of tattooed runes around his body, that summon glowing, transparent armour around himself. It weighs relatively little, but still has as much protection as good armour. Similar to the sword, the only things that take mana are casting and taking damage. They are summoned simply by him thinking he wants to summon them, as they are like a part of his body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.