The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be a problem, just saying.

Puns of damage

Also, I think you're only allowed up to three abilities unless I'm mistaken. You might not be finished with choosing everything though, so forgive me if I'm just rambling like an old man.

Yeah 0 means your attacks won't effect anything.

Ah, I see. Is the only three abilities thing certain? I can't see where it is in the CS part.

In addition to determine your character stats, you will also be given free reign over developing up to three "Abilities" your character has.

This along with the fact everybody else has taken 3 abilities gives me the impression it's certain. I'm not the GM, so I can't confirm it for definite, though. x3

This along with the fact everybody else has taken 3 abilities gives me the impression it's certain. I'm not the GM, so I can't confirm it for definite, though. x3
Alright, thanks!

Alright, everything's now fixed.

2) Render a target unable (by any means) to avoid it.
- Stealer of souls - temporarily holds the opponent in place, draining them of their life force some. This steals one from each stat and adds it to William's stats.
Probably going to need to elaborate a bit more than simply "holds the opponent in place."

Wowzers. Now people be taking my stat stealing gimmick as well. Q.Q

Hmm, true, I'll edit that.
Just want to mention, from your character's personality I think he'd make a good Guardian, especially considering some of the behaviors Goetia has been known for.

Just want to mention, from your character's personality I think he'd make a good Guardian, especially considering some of the behaviors Goetia has been known for.
I thought the idea of Goetia weren't actually bad, just their morals aren't entirely right? That sounds like Terren, pretty much. Sure he protects kids, but he doesn't even mind that much about killing others. Besides, his abilities and equipment wouldn't really fit with guardians surely?

I thought the idea of Goetia weren't actually bad, just their morals aren't entirely right? That sounds like Terren, pretty much. Sure he protects kids, but he doesn't even mind that much about killing others. Besides, his abilities and equipment wouldn't really fit with guardians surely?
Well, my opinion is only an opinion so don't mind it unless you want to, but I don't think the Guardians would care about his equipment and the only ability that sounds morally questionable is the third one. Have you read any of the other sheets? I don't see a lot of moral difference between @Jakers Guardian (Hallus) and Terren.

Well, my opinion is only an opinion so don't mind it unless you want to, but I don't think the Guardians would care about his equipment and the only ability that sounds morally questionable is the third one. Have you read any of the other sheets? I don't see a lot of moral difference between @Jakers Guardian (Hallus) and Terren.
Hmm... You know, I think you're right. I'll change it.

Alrighty, done. Whaddya think? I notice Rode's been giving some combat-based critiques, perhpas I could have one @ERode ?

You're in luck. I literally have nothing else to do at work atm.

Sadly, you seem to run under the assumption that your equipment matters much at all in regards to Fortitude or whatever else. It doesn't really, cause I don't recall anyone's sword giving them +5 Might or whatever. Also, stilettos are designed for piercing armor and mail and whatever. Your Under Armor isn't going to do jack shit. Shall I also assume that, due to the magical nature of your equipments, you'll be constantly feeding stamina/energy to them? Don't know how enchanted weapons and armors come into play…but it'll be good food for me, at least.

Your stats are boring. Literally nothing for me to talk about, outside of 'wow, ANOTHER speed-centric character?'. Like, geez, sure, being able to attack first is sorta decent, but you literally have nothing else going for you. It's like going into a competition and joining the event that has the most players, when you KNOW that you're a skinny white kid and everyone else in your division is Usain Bolt. So yeah, rest in pieces. And yadda yadda, high Finesse doesn't meant much when you hit like paper.

Also, dat Sword of the Wind. What an apt name, for someone who's sword swings won't even reach subsonic levels.

Stealer of Souls isn't going to pass at all. Enjoy the nerfs.

- Stealer of souls - temporarily stuns a single opponent, draining them of their life force some. This steals one from each stat and adds it to William's stats, as well as healing him and taking some of their health.
Your soul is delicious!
Yeah, I can see where ERode is coming from here. Let's break down what this attack does:

>1 (maybe even more; unspecified) Turn Stun (Stunning is very powerful, hence how you can get another free hit.)
>Weakens Enemy Drastically
>Strengthens You Drastically
>Not specified how long this extremely weaken/strength thing lasts for. Could be frickin forever for all we know.
>Damages them
>Heals you

If you want to make this balanced, I suggest you do something like:

- Stealer of souls - temporarily slows a single opponent for 2 turns, draining some of their life force. This damages the opponent, healing Terren for an amount of the damage dealt. Repeatedly using this ability exhausts Terren.
Your soul is delicious!
This way, you're stealing some of your opponents 'life force' if you will, and still weakening them somewhat. It also can't be spammed to just continuously drain and drain away at your opponent if they're unlucky enough to keep missing you. You might be able to get away with gaining a speed and/or might buff or something too, but an ability like this has a fine edge between being balanced and easily exploitable. There's my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option could be for Soul Steal to affect the effectiveness of other people's abilities. If it hits, it takes one stat point from their highest stat point for all ability calculations, whilst healing Terren for a little bit as well. My view on the whole soul thing is like…stats are related to the body, while magic is related to the soul, so yeah…

Also, get off my stat-stealing lawn!

Yeah 0 means your attacks won't effect anything.

No, what it means is you'll have to get a perfect roll with 1 dice to get a score of even 1. At 0, your stat means you are incompetent with whatever it involves.

@Meira Well for one you didn't fix your first ability even though both myself and several others (correctly) identified a problem with it and talked about it in the OOC
Second ability is fine, though due to logistics, I'd rather the damage not be slightly exponential, but rather just scale 1:1. That's pretty strong in itself.
Third ability will only be able to be used once per battle.

@The_J I always find it funny when people assume a drunkard would be willing and able to kill people in their stupor. If someone was drunk enough to become wildly belligerent to the point of homicide, they certainly wouldn't be coherent enough to wield a sword properly. If they were capable enough to wield one properly, they'd be able to identify his family as a former important family. I just don't think this would happen.

Besides that, his Stealer of Souls blatantly disobeys one of the rules I set forth in creating abilities. I suggest you re-read the OP.

Oh, @ERode , there's something I've been meaning to ask. Roughly how long/difficult would it be for Aesil to simply catch and eat somebody else's weapon?

Let's say we're put in a situation where Freddy McBigsword swings at you, and Aesil uses her gauntlets to catch this zweihander-sized sword. It'd probably take quite a high roll to successfully catch an attack like that, but let's say you get lucky and she did.

Would she simply eat the whole thing in one turn, or would she eat parts of the sword each turn, giving Freddy McBigsword the chance to kick her away? Because there's quite a gap between disarming somebody and completely destroying their weapon.

If Aesil did simply num the sword, she'd be turning Freddy McBigsword into Freddy McNosword, who is now next on the menu unless he can miraculously punch this thing to death without any of his cool sword skills. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.