The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought I had, on characters being dropped to zero Health. Would it be possible for another character to, if they're feeling merciful, declare they pull their punches at the end and deliver a knock-out, rather than killing blow? Completely at the discretion of that player, of course. So it is at best a means for all combat to not be lethal if one or the other party doesn't yield before then. And, well, presumably whatever circumstances the victor then places their captive in when they do come to will not be the best, so it's not like a loss wouldn't have consequences, just that they may not always be (immediately) fatal.

Yea that's perfectly viable as well, if you want to go the whole, "I can't kill such a good opponent," route. :P

I get the feeling that Shotaro will do this often. He seems like the type to actually enjoy a good scrap, as afterward he gets to chow down and enjoy himself. Especially if he can do so with someone he can then throw down with again later on.

Reactions: Asuras
2. Thing is, whenever he wants to be sneaky, using a spell or not, it will scale off of his Finesse. So no, teleport won't really help him that much. What it can help with moreso is mid-fight, teleporting somewhere else and forcing people to roll their Perception stat.
4. Well apparently it does mean he can teleport to another city, given he's been to another city in his lifetime. I'm gonna say no on this teleport power, given said "limitations". "Somewhere he's been" is too vague anyways, since I'm assuming you'll probably intend to have him teleport to an exact position in space that he's seen, rather than stood on.
No I was going to have him only teleport to places he been not seen, that would be dumb.

But if you don't want I can put a different ability.

@Asuras

Is this better:

Dancing Spirits-Kain has learned through meditation and practice to bring up his moral, strength, and defense. The technique is called Dancing Spirits because, when Kain has fully activated the effect strong winds start to surround him, as if the fallen spirits of former champions are giving him strength. It takes a few minutes for Kain to activate the skill, which is why he usually does it right before he goes into battle. If he has a battle before he can activate it, then he'll just fight without it.

...Man, just edit your post next time.

Instead of posting three times in a row to the thread.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azathoth
Well, I did it just to let her know my opinion.

Wow, Asuras, are you lying about your gender to strangers again? Tsk tsk.

Out of curiosity though, can Kain sustain Dancing Winds infinitely? Cause chances are, if he's getting ambushed by anyone with a smidgen of Finesse, he's probs never going to have time to use that ability. So he would have to go into a battlefield with it already prepped up, but if it's a temporary buff that drains his energy whilst using it, that's also a problem...can't really see how he'd be able to use it outside of a predetermined duel, which I doubt this RP will be about.

Wow, Asuras, are you lying about your gender to strangers again? Tsk tsk.

Out of curiosity though, can Kain sustain Dancing Winds infinitely? Cause chances are, if he's getting ambushed by anyone with a smidgen of Finesse, he's probs never going to have time to use that ability. So he would have to go into a battlefield with it already prepped up, but if it's a temporary buff that drains his energy whilst using it, that's also a problem...can't really see how he'd be able to use it outside of a predetermined duel, which I doubt this RP will be about.
No once he uses it sticks for how ever long he needs it. After the battle is done it goes away. Do you want me to put that in there to, so no more confusing? It's a long lasting skill, if he does it before battle.

Really if he does get ambush, his might is 10 so like 2-3 hacks and their all dead. If the rp is going by mmorpg standards.

If he can have it on for as long as he likes, why doesn't he just always have it on, so he'll never be at a disadvantage in sneak-attack or sudden encounter scenarios?

And that's really funny, Shattered, cause your lack of Speed would mean that everyone will be able to attack your character before you can attack, pierce through that almost non-existent Fort of his, take a sizable chunk out of his small HP pool, and then get out before he can do anything. Even if you do hit, with such a small amount of Finesse, chances are, he'd just end up missing his attack.

In MMO standards, you made a melee glass cannon with no attack speed, no accuracy, and no tanking abilities.

If he can have it on for as long as he likes, why doesn't he just always have it on, so he'll never be at a disadvantage in sneak-attack or sudden encounter scenarios?

And that's really funny, Shattered, cause your lack of Speed would mean that everyone will be able to attack your character before you can attack, pierce through that almost non-existent Fort of his, take a sizable chunk out of his small HP pool, and then get out before he can do anything. Even if you do hit, with such a small amount of Finesse, chances are, he'd just end up missing his attack.

In MMO standards, you made a melee glass cannon with no attack speed, no accuracy, and no tanking abilities.
O.O, wait a minute...did I?

Maybe I really am a blonde. I totally forgot that. Wow I feel dumb...going back to fix it now xD.

Ooh! Do me next!

I think I did it better lol, Now just gotta wait for Asuras.

Might -6+2
Finesse -4
Fortitude -3+2
Health -4+2
Speed -2
Perception -1

I usually like berserker classes, that hit hard and fuck shit up. He's still strong as fuck, but now his attacks have huger chance of connecting.

Thanks @ERode sometimes I can be so dumb.

O.O, wait a minute...did I?

Maybe I really am a blonde. I totally forgot that. Wow I feel dumb...going back to fix it now xD.
Yeah, I get that you want to do something along the lines of manly damage trades in melee combat, and that you probably want to do two attacks in a single turn with that Might 10 of yours split between two swords, but...you definitely need Finesse for that. That's why, generally, it's a bad thing to have 1 point in any stat. I can get away with my 1 Finesse because bite and CQC things don't require much Finesse at all, but for a swordsman...yeah...it's a bit more of a problem. Also, Asuras said that HP potions and MP potions are useless. I don't get why anyone has those. XD

Also, I see that Dancing Spirits gives you +2 on three stats. That's not a thing. My Beast of Goetia passive was literally nerfed just because I did something like that. Asuras would probably say something like +1 only.

Ooh! Do me next!
Are you trying to be Sonic here? Gotta go so fast that, with your Fort 1, you'd probably die by splattering yourself against a wall? Alternatively, you Flash Step too far and get turned into mush when you walk into a fat person? Like, mang, I know you like to be a ninja, with high crit and evasion, but, like, man, this is just tempting fate. Hell, that Might 1 will probably cripple your crit build, if Asuras's example was anything to go off. You can probably die by flash stepping outdoors while it's raining, with the raindrops dealing a metric ton of damage to you. How does it feel, being the only champion who dies from environmental damage?

Also scrub ninja can't even sense ambushes with that Perception 1. You're probably going to get outplayed and outsneaked by a fatty knight dude coming from behind for surprise sword-in-ass. But if irony was what you were going for, that's cool.

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
It's sad because my character is going to be just as unbalanced as Shattered's and even Azathoth's character

:|
Gonna be fun to RP though for the short time she's alive

"Balance is weakness."

You just need to find exterior advantages to abuse, Meira~ Anyways, the more lopsided characters there are, the stronger my own character becomes. Stat-stealing bites are besto.

It's sad because my character is going to be just as unbalanced as Shattered's and even Azathoth's character

:|
Gonna be fun to RP though for the short time she's alive
Hey xD. I changed mines around, so now he can kick ass, but not be killed after one or two hits, he kills one of two hits xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.