The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
45-60% done with the cs. Lemme know if there is any problem with it.

AlidaMaria said:
It'd be quite interesting if Cailinn and Rasiro meet. Perhaps they could both happen to stumble upon an inn in a small village near Galbeez? I could imagine that Rasiro would have to visit small settlements from time to time, and the place could get invaded by bandits or my Silvæan companions could cause a scene upon seeing a Krimntaar. Or he could offer his services to the lady, seeing that she has a lot of coin to offer (in which he seems to be in need of) and she could certainly use an extra bodyguard or guide.
Sounds like a great idea :D. Maybe some dispute is needed in the beginning (either kind) before travelling together, because the relations between Krimntaars and Silvæans don't seem to be quite that friendly.

Everything done EXCEPT for History and Other. Some criticism would be nice.

Awesome to hear that kikinki! How about we both first make a post and then join in on a collab? Hmmn would you like to go first or should I post first? :)

Note: @Mercinus3 I made a few minor changes, I doubt it will be unacceptable, but it would be nice if you could check it out Mercinus ^_^

Also, gaah all these interesting characters, this will be such an awesome RP :D

Everything done EXCEPT for History and Other. Some criticism would be nice.
Ok, now that I am back from my small break from work (Nottingham is certainly a good place to be with friends), time to have a look at your character.

I do have to admit that I had a brief look at Sareth while I was away on my phone. His concept is very good, but there is one glaring problem that I do have with him, which can be explained in the rules:

6. Technology: The era that you'd expect for the technology to be in this RP is flintlock firearms. If you are having a magister (magic user) as your character, please refrain from using tech.
I had accepted a character that was a rifleman who used Fire Elemental magic, but they used the magic to enhance their ability to shoot with a specially crafted firearm, plus the magic being used for everyday purposes. If you can tone down Sareth's magical capabilities to something like that, I can be happy with that. However, if you do plan on making him a magic-oriented character to remove the pistolier capabilities.

Another thing that I had noticed is that you mentioned he can use Mana and Elemental magic. Elemental magic for Gelbaron is basically Mana magic that has taken on the form of a person's 'inner element'. This means a) Mana gets replaced by Elemental once a person knows of their element and b) the magister can only use one element for magic purposes. Again, the above change would be needed to reflect this as this is mentioned in the first paragraph of the Elemental Magic section.

Finally, although this is not a problem because this is something that I haven't considered, is Nature magic's capabilities to summon minions. This is something that I can accept for the magic and for Sareth to use, but please consider the limits to the use of this ability if you decide to go down the pistolier route for your character. If you want, I can give you a list of Gelbarean-specific creatures that could be summoned for considerations.

Apart from that (I was thinking that the flintlock revolver looks a little bit too farfetched, but it turns out that such thing did exist in the early 1800s), all looks good. I can't wait to have a look at the character sheet once the history is done (unless you want to RP this) and the above changes are done.

And on another note, since there are going to be two groups at the start of this RP, I'll get a post up ASAP for the Terrubane group.

Also, @TheBountyHunter, are you still interested in this RP?

M3

Does magic act violently towards things like mechanisms and clockwork? Because when in combat and you run out of juju, you can be pretty defenseless if you aren't combat savvy so a 11-17mm bullet would keep you in the field for at least a while. And yes, there are Flintlock revolvers. The cylinder is merely the loading mechanism while the flintlock itself is the firing mechanism. I was considering having it be a Caplock which is the successor of flintlock where they just put in a firing cap instead of using flint. Colt Paterson is a technically a caplock revolver. And for someone who likes to deal damage from a distance with little risk to him/herself, a gun would be ideal when you don't feel like expending magical juice.
I won't mind that the gun has to be specially crafted. Though that makes me ask what would happen if he uses a vanilla gun.

And OOOOOH. Again, must've overlooked that and was forgotten when I was looking and working on other stuff. So mana and elemental is more of a power source than a form of magic. Got it. Then his Element would probably be fire. Not only because of the location but also the fact that fire tends to represent passion and ambition which Sareth is full of. He wants to master all magics and overthrow any deity that decides to rise up after all. The probably due to his extensive passion to learn he'd then use some illusion magic if that isn't pushing it.

As for the minion. As I said, nothing combat related. Just an adorable minion that assists him. Like a junior forest guardian or benevolent boggart or something if that is alright. Basically like an imp.
He'S around 4'0"
nature_elemental_by_ellana01-d7ynqa8.png

Though if he were to study Nature magic for a decade or two it might evolve into summoning mr. cuddles

c8ba00661380abb43e400860902d0c14-d664ncu.jpg

Don't get me started on the MEGA EVOLUTION!!!

Just a head's up that Galbeez is at least a few week's trek from Terrubane (so around 760mi or 252 leagues). Otherwise, I'm happy with whatever you guys put.

As for the restrictions of technology on magic-wielders, it is that magic, while it does not affect the mechanism of the firearm, affects the gunpowder due to how magic works in Gelbaron itself, causing a lot of misfiring. A few people have created firearms that uses that property of magic to create these specific firearms. While his reduces the use of magic dramatically for firearm-users, as the technology improves through the years after this RP, magic does get used alongside firearms, though whether this idea would be used for any possible RP that is set on Gelbaron is something I still have to decide.

As for your conclusion on Mana and Elemental magics, it's more a reflection on the user (where Mana is an undetermined spirit while a known spirit would be reflected by the element). Initially I would say no to having learnt Illusion magic, but as the RP progresses I do encourage improvements to the characters for character development. Finally, as long as it is just a minion that assists Sareth, then that is absolutely fine by me.

To respond to the change, your character is still fine, Alida :)

M3

Well, there is no reason why I can't still use pistoleer but instead of pistols could just use pistol crossbow instead or just a regular ol' crossbow.

But the bit about the powder is good to know. It would suck to be a magic user and anything mechanical would start to fail...since tech is very ambiguous.

The minion would technically be able to something combat related. Such as bash someone's skull from behind but only if he sneaks. Straight up fight the thing is a push over.

Either way. With that cleared up, I'll fix up Sareth. Will most likely just RP the history.

Now a pistol crossbow sorts everything out. That thought hadn't crossed my mind, especially considering that I have one in my room. I'll have a look at the changes in the morning.

M3

Umbra has the ability to travel huge distances quite quickly so if someone gets lonely I could conveniently make it so he gets a pact there when he's finished what he was already doing.

Everything looks in order, WitchChild. I'll add Sareth to the Cast list. Now, do you want to be a part of the group that is currently fighting in Terrubane or the group that Alida and kikinki are forming?

M3

Oh crap, for some reason I haven't been getting alerts for the IC! I'll put up a post as soon as I can get my creative juices flowing.

I noticed that there wasn't much activity on either thread, so I'm just giving you guys a little bump.

Also, I'm up for plots with Atlys, if anyone's interested.

I'm waiting until @Soñar Gardián has posted and eagerly awaiting for Alida and Kiki's side of the RP :)

For Atlys's side of the story, I am game for whatever though if nothing comes to mind by the time I post, I'll improvise something.

M3

Goin through exams though last one is tomorrow. Still figuring out Sareth's magnificent entrance.

I'm waiting until @Soñar Gardián has posted and eagerly awaiting for Alida and Kiki's side of the RP :)

For Atlys's side of the story, I am game for whatever though if nothing comes to mind by the time I post, I'll improvise something.

M3
Ill get a post up today or tomorrow =) sorry busy time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.