The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I need to look at what we have here and decide what to be.

Well my characters gonna be grown up, but just chooses to appear as a little kid. Think...
I don't know. But I'm assuming the void creatures live at least longer than normal humans.
You assumed correctly about the Void Creatures living longer than humans, though this is only slightly (1 human year is equivalent of 1.2 of theirs).

And I can say that Snowday is correct on this one, which I will reiterate with what I had said before. I was hesitant with a character who was sub-18 in age for the RP, so having a character who is sub-10 (I don't know the age you had in mind) is something that I am very hesitant/worried about.

Well I completely forgot about this for a while
You have, but the RP had been silent for a while before it became active. So you are not too late to join the RP now :)

M3

General Information
Character Name: Rasiro Tywal
Race: krimntaar
Sexual Orientation: pansexual

Physical Characteristics
Height: 115 cm (around 3'8?)
Weight: 42 kg (112 lbs?)
Eyes: empty eye gauges, only the red glow (as per race description)
Hair: none
Appearance: Quite an epitome of his race, rough, gray skin, protrusions on joints made of hardened bone. He is quite sturdy, and he is surprisingly strong considering how thin his arms look compared to his body, despite his muscularity. His nose is crooked to the right quite a lot, and looks like it has been broken at least three times. He has high cheekbones and rather large forehead. There is a rather large scar on his chest, but but it's usually covered by his leather clothes.

Mental Characteristics
Outer Personality: Grumpy, and prefers the company of his carrefær Tala. Somewhat quiet type, only voices his opinions when he feels necessary.

Inner Personality: Despite his travels Rawsiro is still not comfortable around people other than krimntaars. He doesn't really despise company as much as he let's on, and voices his opinions more often, as he gets to know you though that certainly doesn't turn him into a chatterbox.

Aspirations: To get stronger, mostly to earn money

Traits
Strengths:
- Fire magic. Quite weak, but magic nonetheless. Useful for lighting up a campfire and starling enemies with sparks
- Cooking. He has traveled a lot, and didn't really have a choice but to learn
- Intimidating people. A useful trait when haggling. Krimntaars aren't that common travelers, and people are disturbed by an unwavering red glow directed at them. Carelessly handling a dagger while talking usually helps

Weaknesses:
- Height. It's easy get lost in a crowd if you can only see the peoples legs, and it gives advantage to his opponentsm.
- Lazy. Does what needs to done, but rarely anything unnecessary.
- Superstisious, though he denies it and calls it `being on the safe side`

Fears:
- Water. Can't swim at all, and would sink like a rock. He despises boats, but will board one, albeit reluctantly, and mutter curses and whine to Tala until the poor carrefær will bite anyone who strays close enough.
- Horses. He tried horse-riding once. He almost broke his neck, and after an another horse tried to kick him, he started being wary around them. Riding a carrefær is safer.

Talents:
- Using daggers. By human standards large daggers, pass just fine as swords for a krimntaar. Also applies to throwing the smaller ones.
- Is very good with animals (with the exception of horses) since, well, he is riding a beast much larger than himself so I guess that's a given.

Inabilities:
- Archery/marksmanship. He has never really bothered trying, and would probably end up harming himself if her tried.

Equipment
His clothes are made of hardened leather, a simple shirt and trousers.
Backpack with spare clothes and a small cooking pot. Also contains a strong chain for tying Tala up, mostly to reassure the innkeepers and other people.
Has a `sword`handing on his belt, along with some smaller knives.
Has a plain necklace made of a leather strap and pouch with lucky charms..

Short History
Rasiro was born and at the Jaeltreg Forest. When it was the time for him to become an adult he left his home to find himself a carrefær to tame as his companion. It was an old tradition for youngsters to tame themselves a carrefær on the year they turn 20, and the carrefærs nature deemed the krimntaars worth as a warrior. Rasiro, being lazy, decided to go for a forest one.

Wandering around Rasiro stumbled up on a small cave, and to his surprise found a female carrefærs corpse stuck under a cave-in. He missed a grey ball of fur hurling at him, that luckily for him tried to bite it's way to his shoulder that was protected by bone. Panicking he sent the furball flying, only to discover it was a cerrær pup. He figured it was lucky to find an unguarded pup, even though actually catching the little rascal was quite a chore by itself. And taming her seemed to be even harder, as she had quite a character, but she was quick at learning.

Coming back home with a carrefær who didn't try to eat him, was a sign of Rasiro becoming an adult, and that meant work. Avoiding hard work at any cost caused him to become a mercenary. Every krimntaar had training in using at least one weapon, and a carrefær could be considered as a deadly weapon itself. He left with a merchant caravan and befriended an older mercenary, who showed him the ropes. They never got really close, but Rasiro was still shocked to lose him. It had been supposed to be easy money, guarding a a couple of rich merchants, but they were ambushed by bandits. Rasiro barely made it with a large gash on his chest, and Tala with a broken leg. She managed to get two of them out, but Rasiro saw his friend fall and there was nothing he could do in his condition. So they fled, and had to manage by themselves after that, which was not that easy considering a carreffærs appetite and Rasiro's social skills.

Other Information:

wolf_with_antlers_deer_by_naokohoma-d62lsef.jpg

plus the tusks, but you have to be happy with whatever google finds for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey kikinki,

Your profile is looking good so far. I just need to see more details on the appearance as the only thing face-wise that is pretty determined is the crooked nose. How crooked is it? Are there any features on it? What other details are there on his face? Just those details to think about adding to the description already there. It will be tough to do as they are a custom race for this RP (the image for Tala is somewhat similar to what I have in mind for the Carrefaer, so that is fine), but I'm confident that you can do it :)

M3

If kikinki gets accepted, then I think we'll have an equal number of males and females. Any preferences on what I should do when I interrupt the balance?

To answer that question, Void Creatures are genderless, so for that part of the CS, say 'Genderless, appears [whatever gender you choose]'.

M3

Wonderful! You may want to increase the size of the IC link, I missed it first time.

Well I hope that response will do, I should be able to do better once I wake up a little and return from Uni.

Is looks marvelous thus far people, I do love the new characters as well!
Real life has decided that I have got some free time left that I could spend on schoolwork, so I won't be able to post that frequently. I thought it'd be fair to let you lot know that beforehand. Once a week will have to work though, I'll come up with a post later this week.

Edit: After reading those posts, I really want to put in my best effort. Amazing job you two!

Last edited:
OMG THE KALISTA REFERENCES!

*fangushes and chokes on her joy*

No, I don't think so. Only a few people will understand it.

General Information
Character Name: Kielo
Race: Void creature
Gender: Genderless, Appears female, and I will be referring to her as female for simplicity's sake.
Sexual Orientation: Bi-sexual

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 141 lbs
Eyes: Red, slightly glowing irises.
Hair: Medium brown and straight, falls to her mid back.
Appearance: Kielo is tall for a human female, and has the vivid red eyes that mark her as a void creature. She has a slim, muscular figure, and wears plain brown trousers, a light, grey tunic, and knee high boots that appear to be made from drægarian hide. Her clothes are slightly ragged and threadbare, but she usually hides them under her long black cloak. The hood also hides her eyes.
1270047-bigthumbnail.jpg

fe55d63df19abcf5fe47d004b1e0aad9.jpg

[Ignore the sword. She wouldn't have a sword. Also, this is with her armor.]

Mental Characteristics
Outer Personality: Calm, quiet, slightly bored. Basically she appears like she doesn’t care about the world going on around her. Can be very blunt.
Inner Personality: Watchful, calculating, scheming. She takes everything in and prepares for every situation she could end up in.
Aspirations: Wishes to become more proficient in magic, and learn every secret the world has to offer.

Traits
Strengths:
  • Powerful void magic
  • Confident
  • Physically strong
  • Willing to try new things
Weaknesses:
  • Sees herself as invincible
  • Sometimes too curious for her own good
  • Has trouble showing emotion
Fears:
  • Having to rely on others. She’s incredibly independent, and she doesn’t believe anyone is worthy enough or could manage to watch her back. So when she is forced to rely on someone else she usually gets nervous and scared.
Talents:
  • Powerful void magic with almost no cost- long range teleportation, tons of damage (phreak’s dream come true).
  • She can create an almost impenetrable suit of armor at will from her magic.
  • Good at strategizing and planning
Inabilities:
  • Diplomacy: She doesn’t understand human feelings very well.
  • Weapons: Though she can handle her magic very well, she has no idea what to do with knives or bows.
Equipment (List):
  • Several spell books- Kielo is constantly on the look out for new kinds of magic or spells, even if she’ll never be able to perform it. The books are full of her notes.
  • Two changes of clothes
  • A small coin purse
  • A rope

Short History: Will be rped, though I may add it here as it is rped.

Other Information : Just a few questions:
  1. Can void creatures be injured? If so, then do they bleed or does some kind of void matter come out of the wound? Can they heal themselves?
  2. Can they become ‘Hollows’ if they use too much magic?
  3. When they die do they dissolve back into the void or is a body left behind?
  4. How do they reproduce?
  5. Do they require sleep and/or food like normal humans?
  6. Are there a lot of void creatures?

She looks slightly overpowered, as in she doesn't seem to have any sort of weaknesses other than simply...talking her out of brutally murdering you.

Powerful magic with no cost, strength, agility (teleporting), nigh indestructible armour all for the low low price of lack of diplomacy and not using a weapon?

She's the only void creature, and I don't really know much about them. I think the point is that they are overpowered.

Started on my CS and will try and finish it within the week. See the first post to see the WIP

Which reminds me. What sort of firearms do we see? Cartridge bullets?

Status
Not open for further replies.