The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of here. I finally got into the school, and my friend is doing a little better (she's depressed and suicidal and I basically stay up until 3am every night texting her until she falls asleep to make sure she doesn't do anything). So I'll try to finish my character even though all I want to do is sleep for a month.

And I've been gone for like two weeks so I have a lot of stuff to catch up with on here.

Sorry but I think I gotta drop out of this, I've got my hands full with my new puppy so I have less time to rp. Its a great story though and I wish you luck! =)

I am sorry to hear all of that @TheBountyHunter and @*~Nightjade~*. I would like to say thank you for showing an interest in this RP and wish you all the best in the future.

As Nightjade has backed out of the RP, I can post next in the IC (unless you want to post something @Temm).

M3

I've had real trouble actually posting anything due to not fully knowing what's going on. I don't want to add to the city or the battle what isn't supposed to be there and to be honest I'm a little too bogged down with my university work to spend much time thinking about it.

I've had real trouble actually posting anything due to not fully knowing what's going on. I don't want to add to the city or the battle what isn't supposed to be there and to be honest I'm a little too bogged down with my university work to spend much time thinking about it.
I can certainly understand the university work bogging you down (as I had graduated from 4 years of university earlier this year).

As for what is happening in the RP at the moment, I can summarise it from the plot and the first post in the IC:

Evil has been forming at two locations: The Amroth Mountains in Celbaron and The Werepyre Mountains in Gelbeterron. As this evil is forming, a being known as Lord Sacremento has been named as the leader of these two forces. While these forces grew bigger and bigger in numbers, they have been taking vast areas of the continents, taking a few cities during their progress. Months before the beginning of this RP, the force that is on Gelbeterron has reached Terrubane and is trying to control it, but the month or two of fighting has halted the progress and is being driven back. Now (where the characters meet), it is at the eve of the battle, dubbed the Destruction of Terrubane.

As for what to put in the post, I have no preference to what you include in your post as the characters are in a dynamic environment which is molded by the contributions by each member of the RP. I have mentioned in the first IC post that the enemy forces mostly contain werepyres, but there are still a few humans that do fight in that army. All I can say is let loose your ideas and apply it in this scenario :)

M3

Well, it's good to see that we still have people on board for this roleplay. I've been trying to formulate some plots, but because our character lineup keeps shifting, I have only been able to come up with some really small character-based plots mostly revolving around Atlys and Auroreon. The best one I have is that of Auroreon getting injured in the battle of Terrubane and using his need for a healer with him as an excuse to get them both out of what remains of Terrubane (or Atlys could be`assigned` to him by the head guard or something - whatever works, really). Then they develop a platonic relationship (close or otherwise, as I don't know how you feel about this plot yet) in their travels and eventually meet up with the others.

Of course, I'm up for tinkering around with this plot since I haven't even discussed it with you until now.

Interested in playing as a Werepyre; I have a strong interest in the occult, so it fits I guess. Are they merely werewolf/vampire hybrids that harbor the inherent extramundane strengths of both parent species but share their respected weaknesses? Judging by the descriptions of the other intelligent peoples of the world, Werepyres come off as lightning bruisers due to their lack of magical capabilities, but I could very well be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in playing as a Werepyre; I have an strong interest in the occult, so it fits I guess. Are they merely werewolf/vampire hybrids that harbor the inherent extramundane strengths of both parent species but share their respected weaknesses? Judging by the descriptions of the other intelligent peoples of the world, Werepyres come off as lightning bruisers due to their lack of magical capabilities, but I could very well be wrong.
Hey there, ASTA. Good to see an RPer from another forum here.

Looking up Lightning Bruiser on Tropes, You can safely assume that the Werepyres do have a lack of magical capabilities. And apart from the inherent weakness to sunlight that vampires do have, all the other weaknesses and strengths are applied for them.

M3

A bit late, but I hope everyone had a good Christmas :) I should be able to get a post up in the next few days.

M3

Same to you Mercinus! ^_^ Kikinki and I have started on our collab so that should get finished in a few days as well!

Here's a very much WIP to show that I'm still here, interested and alive.

General Information
Character Name: Nocturne

Race: Werepyre
Appearance:

>Psychological Profile<
She was born under the mantle of the gloom and the mild radiance of a full moon. Her conception, a successful but difficult birth maligned by a sudden loss of great magnitude, was announced with the rich, baritone howls of her blood relatives, the mighty chorus splitting across the night sky and beyond like a rolling tirade of savage thunder.

But the newborn's physical vigor was well beyond that of most her age and size; her ruby eyes burned with a fiery rage as her adult betters sought to restrain the young werepyre's flailing claws and gnashing fangs.

Strong. A warrior. A hunter fit for a proper title.

But when her gaze finally did fall upon her mother's unmoving corpse did the girl's abhorrence for the material world take true form. Tears swelled in her eyes and sorrow seethed within her hardening heart.

And without warning--amidst a river flow of sadness and with a profound cry--did the neonate shape her first words:

"What right did He have to take her away from me?"

>Capabilities and Foibles<

>Paranormal Dynamism, which boons Nocturne with dramatically elevated degrees of physical capability--even for a werepyre, though at the diametric cost of requiring greater amounts of sustenance. Nocturne's voracious appetite for the blood and flesh of the supposed 'innocent' may put more liberal and conservative persons on edge.
>Aspirations<
Correcting the Direction of the Werepyres: Nocturne believes that the vast majority her race has been gravely misled into forming a self-destructive alliance with a political entity that does not have their welfare or best interest at heart. Her inability to sway the

Resurrecting

Restoring

Equipment (List)
Short History

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall try and post before the new year

I hope all of you have a very happy new year! ^_^

And ditto to you and "Farsælt komandi ár"

Een gelukkig en gezegd nieuw jaar gewenst to you too! Is that perhaps Icelandic? ;o

Welcome to the year 2015. Happy New Year all!

And Alida, Ik wens u een fantastisch jaar :)

M3

For some reason I had this idea that you were Finnish or Swedish Mercinus... But are you a Belg perhaps? xD (Either way, it's always great to see others speak my language online ghehe)

For some reason I had this idea that you were Finnish or Swedish Mercinus... But are you a Belg perhaps? xD (Either way, it's always great to see others speak my language online ghehe)
Hehe, I see my Dutch isn't too rusty. I'm English, but I have stayed in The Hague for a year for my internship, so I spent some time picking up the language. I'll need to brush up on it before I move to Amsterdam at the end of this month.

M3

Hehe, I see my Dutch isn't too rusty. I'm English, but I have stayed in The Hague for a year for my internship, so I spent some time picking up the language. I'll need to brush up on it before I move to Amsterdam at the end of this month.

M3
Awesome! Goodness, English people who (attempt to) speak Dutch have just the greatest accents! xD Inall honesty, I can't understand why anyone would voluntarily learn Dutch but okay, as long as you enjoy it ghehe. Are you moving to A'dam for study perposes or for other reasons? ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.