The Price of Protection

"....i...i want to tell you...something. I just hope you would believe me when I say it. Okay, look. I know I'm a demon. And I know you know how angry we get from time to time. But when I'm with you I don't get CHIRP! so angry all of the time. It's as if you CHIRP! lift all of my anger, frustration, and pain right out CHIRP! of me. I wanted to tell you...from the moment CHIRP! i gazed into CHIRP! your eyes, I CHIRP! knew that CHIRP! i CHIRP! truly CHIRP!

CHIRRRRRP!!!!

"DAMNED BIRDS!" The shout that escaped Raikyo's mouth was followed by a dangerous blast of blue wind that shattered every window in the house. Raikyo popped up out of his sleep, breathing hard and covered with sweat. He was angry, face painted light red and beads of sweat forming on his brow. He wiped them quickly, still heaving inward and outward harshly. The demon growled to himself and looked out of the now broken window.

"You bastards will pay..."he snarled, tailing twitching in annoyance.​

Ayame quickly fastened her kimono and along with everyone else rushed in the room hearing the commotion "What the hell?!!!" Takymaru said as they all huddled inside the room... Ayame squeezed threw all of them and knelt down to Raikyo "Are you okay Raikyo what happened?" she said looking around the room and the other rooms at the shattered glass.

She knew Raikyo was strong but she didn't know he had the force to do that in his SLEEP.

"Never mind the windows... are you okay Raikyo?" Takymaru's mother said leaning stepping towards the boy as well..

"Mustive had a rough dream.. a REALLY ROUGH dream" Takymaru said after calming down.

There was silence in the rooms until only the chirping of the birds hesitantly started up again..

"Well.." Takymaru mother sighed "Since we are all up now.. Im.. going to start breakfast.." She smiled a little.. and walked out of the room.

"TAKY CLEAN UP ALL THAT GLASS!" she yelled at her son.. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the broom starting in a different room.

He didn't want to answer either of them. The birds had successfully ruined his day. Raikyo knew that he would be walking around with an air of the highest pisstivity. Everyone expressed their concerns for him but he only took in very deep breaths, tail swaying angrily from side to side. Even through all of the ruckus, Raikyo still detected Fairenz's sleeping aura. The cat was knocked out and was not getting up anytime soon unless he went and poured water on him from the other room.

Raikyo was quickly aware that Ayame was still in the room. He looked up once and stiffened when he saw her. She still wore the silk white kimono that the woman had dressed her in only hours ago. Her hair was scattered in areas, falling gently down her shoulders. The expression on her face was one of worry and wonder. Her eyes always grew that way when she wore that expression. Raikyo's eyes grew also. For a second, time seemed to stop as he gazed into her eyes, shocked.

What are you doing, Raikyo!? What are you DOING?!?!

Then, Raikyo reached out and touched her face, cupping her chin in one hand, pulling her closer to him.

"You're...beautiful."he whispered, bringing her closer.​

Ayame didn't know what happened the second that the boy and his mother left..

But the second after that she was being brought closer to Raikyo.. By Raikyo!!

What were his intentions... was he going to..?

She blinked as their lips were only inches apart.

But she promised.. not to...

Oh yes thats right

She promised
.. he promised nothing...

Raikyo.. she thought as her eyes began to close..

was this about to happen??!!! if its a dream, dont wake me up

Raikyo could feel her vibes when she got closer to him. It was as if she were floating towards him against her own will even though he had a soft grasp on her chin. Raikyo watched her close her eyes and the action confused him. He only wanted to further inspect her for any cuts or bruises she may have had.

The hell is she doing?

Isn't it obvious by now, Master? Her body calls for you. It goes towards you. Notice that her face is forever getting closer to your own.

Raikyo didn't even notice that the cat was talking him. He couldn't hear anything but Ayame's heart beat. Raikyo's heart sped up rapidly. He could feel the hand that held her chin gather tiny droplets of sweat, but he just...couldn't stop bringing her in closer. Raikyo knew what Fairenz was trying to tell him, but Raikyo couldn't stop himself. He didn't even know if he wanted to stop anything. He had kissed her before, sure!

But why is it so different now?

When Ayame was close enough to touch her nose with his, Raikyo's head automatically tilted to adjust his face with her own. In a split fraction of a second, the demon's blue eyes closed slowly.

"Ayame..."he whispered to her. The "me" in her name had caused their lips to brush across each other gently, before...

MASTER!

Raikyo snapped to attention and scrambled backwards, away from Ayame at the same time. His heart was still throbbing dangerously fast and his cheeks were even filled with a tingling fire, face turning a bright red.

"What!? What is it!?"

We have company...

The statement was short and sweet, meaning that the company was bad news. Raikyo sighed heavily wishing that the cat was here so he could strangle him. Momentarily, he touched his lips with his fingers, admiring the strange sensation he felt as they tingled. His eyes were to the hard wooden floor.

What...just happened...?

He took a chance to look back up at Ayame. He knew that he could hear what Fairenz said about the company, but not about what he said about her. He awaited some kind of movement from her before he pursued this "company."​

Ayame looked at the boy in at first confusion...

They had practically kissed and she thought they were past the whole 'I run away cause I dont want you even though secretly I do stage'

Until he said Company.

And they had it...

She nodded once and looked back at Fairenz, following him outside to see what exactly was going on,

Taky, sensing something was wrong ran in his room and grabbed his bow and arrow along with a few other man made weapons "Mom stay here" He said in

A mock heroic gesture as he followed them all outside.

"I sense a demonic aura.. DEMON SHOW YOURSELF YOU SORRY ASS SACK OF SHIT!" they boy yelled out in the open.

Ayame looked at him, she had to admit, as goofy as he seemed earlier, when he was in battle mode he looked the part.

dressed in all black like Raikyo.. eyes aiming to kill. He had obviously mastered the art that there is a time and place for everything.

Ayame on the other hand didn't know what to do? should she awaken the demon by making herself angry? or wait for Raikyo? she looked at him,

waiting for his next move.

"Oooo~! These are fun~!"

"Ah. You. Lovely."

"Raikyo raikyo...it's been so long my friend and I have been oh so lonely stuck in that large tower for weeks on end waiting for action! So don't be mean to me, kay~?"

"They know you're here. Don't cower behind the invisibility."

"Oh bore~! You're never fun!"

Raikyo had conversed with the on comer the minute Ayame left the room. She and Takymaru couldn't detect the sight of the demon, but Raikyo was aware that she was indeed in their presence. Not even his sharp demon eyes could spot the annoying demon. The invisibility ability was definitely something Raikyo had to grow accustom to.

"Lynx. Cut the shit."he said, an underlying growl in his voice. By this time, he had reached Ayame's side. The foul demonic aura he felt was coming from somewhere in front of them. Raikyo was on his guard, just in case Lynx thought to strike using the cloaking. Then again the demon was never the type.

Suddenly, Raikyo caught a movement of atmosphere and molecules. It was as if there was somebody bathed in a silky invisible paint that was slowly dripping away, starting from the head.

"Always so mean, aren't we? I just wanted to meet my new friends! You're always so mean to mean then! Leaving me for that Yami and off training with Winter! When did Lynx ever get her fun time Well, now I don't need it, Kitty! As attractive as you may be, I have found me a new pet~!" she chortled with a high pitched laugh. At the end of her speech, she was fully revealed to all of them.​
lynx.jpg
"Tch. Out of all people. They send you?"he asked, leaning on his side. Without anyone noticing, he slipped his hand to Ayame's and squeezed once, but avoided all eye contact with her, focusing all of his attention on Lynx.​

Ayame looked at the girl then at Raikyo.

Yami.

Whenever she heard the name it made her angry and jealous all in one.

And the way she talked was as if.. she had been with him to

Was he some kind of demon player???

She thought to herself.. he was cute enough for the job, and girls always found themselves attracted to assholes like him

Yes.. even Ayame

She held his hand back gently...

She looked at the girl up and down.. she was pretty cute. But Ayame didn't feel threatened... because ayame was way prettier.

When it came to love, Yami was her only real competition, and she was gone.. but still, she never underestimated demons..

"So what the hell are you here for?" Takymaru said, admiring the girl.. He understood there was a hands off policy when it came to Ayame, so to sustain his title as a flirtatious bastard he smiled at the girl

"A cute demon like you couldn't possibly have any kind of beef with us right?"

Lynx chortled again and the most annoying high-pitched squeal any of them had ever heard. Raikyo winced at the sound and flattened his ears as much as possible. It didn't drown out the buzzing laugh but it did sooth him enough to stop cringing his eyes at her.

"Ooo~! Oh i just adore humans! They're like little puppets~!"she cooed. Lynx took her dress in her hands and curtsied. "How do you do, demon slayer! I am known as Lynx, Propelled Captivator of the Heiran. And you must be Ayame..."she said as she looked at Ayame. Raikyo instantly tensed up at the sense of danger he felt and further squeezed her hand, not enough to where it hurt however. He still glared at Lynx who was now smiling at Ayame.

"The little vessel for Mirriordian. How adorable. Honey, I need you to come with me now! Don't worry, I won't hurt you, I swear~!"she said with a wink. As much as he hated to admit it...she was right. Lynx's job was not to hurt Ayame, but to bring her back to Lord.

Lord....

Raikyo had a suddenly flash of seeing Yami's wide shaking eyes, her mouth gaping open in a ear-splitting scream while a trickle of blood rolled down the side of her lips. The image instantly transformed into that of Ayame. Raikyo, back in reality, instantly felt a powerful aura somewhere deep inside him, and the normal blue waving wind began to form.

"Never..."he said as clear as day, though not very loud. Lynx blinked puzzled at him and then smiled.

"Oh, Rai-kun! You know better not to toy with me! Remember...i have this..."she said with a evil sneer. Reaching into her bosom, Lynx extracted a small flute, carved from the dense brown wood of a tree that members of the Heiran do not speak about. The tree was known as the tree of Captivation, known to captivate even the wealthiest man to give up everything just to gaze upon it. The tree was destroyed completely together, however, save but one shard, which is now fashioned into the flute.
captivation.JPG

Raikyo tensed sharply and his eyes widened in fear. Lynx caught the gesture and her smile drew wide.

"Ahh...so you remember..."she cooed. Raikyo let out a small whimper and released his shaking hand from Ayame's. His tail wrapped around him in fear and his ears also fell in desperation.

"Please...don't..."he begged. Begged!

"Awee~! Just once! To teach the kitty a lesson."she purred and placed the lutes reed to her pink lips.

"Lynx, no!!!" Raikyo shouted, reaching a hand out to her, but when a soft whistle filled the air. Raikyo instantly froze in his place, blue eyes wide and shaking. His hand was still reached out for Lynx, and she still played the same note.

Seconds passed before he blinked and smile up at Lynx. Lynx smiled back and opened her arms.

"Come, Rai-kun~!"
she called out. Raikyo's smile widened and he sprinted from Ayame's side and straight into Lynx's arms. That didn't stop there, however. Raikyo pulled back, placed one hand on her face and dragged her into a deep, passionate kiss. At first, Lynx's eyes fluttered to a close and kissed him deeply in return, but then seconds later, she opened one eye to look towards Ayame and sent the girl a wink.​

"You let him go wench! the boys heart doesn't belong to you" Takymaru announced as he made his way just feet from the 2 demons

He Aimed his arrow towards Lynx's head "If I have to, Ill kill you both" He said in a hushed tone as he perfected his Aim

"Takymaru..." He heard a faint voice in the background

"Ayame?" He said looking at the girl behind him

Ayame was against the wall... one eye closed.. the other barely opened.. A look of agony on her face..

"Whats.. happening to you?"

He said as the wind began to pick up around her.

"shit.. shes transforming"

Im done arguing with you Ayame.. Since I see you cant defend us Ill just have to volunteer,

The demon inside her said in a much calmer, clearer tone, then it had ever said before.

Soon Ayames eyes turned a deep brownish orange.. and her long black hair grew even longer as the wind spun her gently... turning her hair a brilliant purple..

A flash of light that nearly blinded Takymaru and his mother shone for a split second.. And when the smoke cleared.. the same girl didnt stand before them

The girl smirked moving her hand slightly, before Taky new it he was swung away, by her force, and she looked at lynx

demon12_1_1_web-large_medium.jpg

"Hello... is it me your looking for?" she said with a smirk. "So much trouble you cause my host.. so much trouble"The demon continued referring to Ayame as she shook her head and waved her index finger in a 'No,No' gesture, a slight accent with her R's.
"By the time Raikyo is finished with it. My master will have no heart" She continued as she began to walk towards them.

Taky thought for a moment.. his dad had made him study all about different types of demons.. The way she talked, the way she moved, the way the wind responded to her..

"A wind demon.... AYAME!! NO!!"

Taky said as he began to descend towards her but his mother pulled him back.

"Mother dont you see? Wind demons are the most rare.. and the deadliest... she will kill them both!"
"Spot On Takymaru, What a cunning bastard" The demon cooed continuing her walk

"Does it look like I care whether or not Raikyo lives or dies? thats Ayame's business, I have no heart"

She said reaching her hands towards the skies in fists

"No soul"

As she continued, she bring her hands back down beside her, and as if in a trance, the wind began to blow even harder, making even bamboo trees sway

"I-AM-HOLLOW"

she continued as she released her hands from their fists, the wind blew both Raikyo and Lynx back

"you have to win his love with a flute"
The demon Smirked..

"My host wins it with a smile...and it is your blood.. that will keep her beautiful.. what do you think of that?"
The demon

continued, she licked her lips as the skies began to darken.

Lynx's face was burnt in a brilliant hot pink, matching her cheeks. The wind from the demon blew both she and Tetsuri. Lynx was too busy with the kiss to notice anything going on around her. When the wind cascading onto her, she did a complete back flip in the air, screaming in her high shrill voice. When the flip came to a brutal thud, She had landed on the ground, legs slightly spread and her bow titled awkwardly to the side. In a split second, she was absolutely infuriated.

"OOO! I can't stand people like you who meddle and other's business! You are so luck my Lord needs you alive or I would've have killed you the moment I arrived! Stupid girl!!"she shouted, cheeks puffing out in a childish anger. Lynx reached for the flute that had skid next to her on her way back from the blast. and shoved it tightly to her lips.

Raikyo, who was only feet away, shook his head, black hair waving in the dangerous wind that blew.

"Lynx...?"he called out innocently like a child who had been abandoned. Lynx blew once on the flute, and a high note flew out into the air. Raikyo's reaction was the same as before:sitting stock still, wide eyes shaking, and compltetly frozen in place. Once the echo had finally died out, Lynx thrust her thinger into the demon-Ayame's direction.

"Kill her!"she shouted angrily. "I want her dead dead dead dead DEAD!"

Raikyo climbed from his feet and crouched down in his cat-like pouncing motion.

"You got it."he said in his smooth voice he always had. Without any further orders from Lynx, he dashed towards Ayame, claws on his right hand retracting as he slowly moved it to the side, making a motion like pulling a wagon.​

"hahahahahaaha you stupid lower demon, you send your cat to do the job? How about I kill you both?"

She said taking a feather from behind her ear and releasing it in the wind, It floated to where Lynx and Raikyo came charging and with that the demon opened a purple fan

"Surrender yourselves to death"

She said smirking as she waved her fan one good time fiercely and the feather in the air turned to darts with poison dripping from them

"HA!" she screamed and the darts flew in the thousands, separating from each other and forming more as they went straight threw anything in there path

"You think you can beat me you power puff son of a bitch?"

She exclaimed to lynx as she began to descend in the air

"Why do you think your master sent for me? IM ON ANOTHER LEVEL WAY HIGHER THEN YOU HONEY"

she screamed down below inhaling then exhaling deeply, causing Everything including tree's and even takymarus house to blow fiercley to the ground. and creating a purple fire on everything solid, the trees, the house parts of the ground, spreading all the way to lynx and Raikyo

"prepare to die."

She said calmy looking at Raikyo from above.

A dart....a word....a shatter of wood....

Everything played in complete slow motion in Raikyo's blue eyes. Everything that came out of Ayame's mouth was amplified in his head times 10, though the only thing he really cared about was what Lynx had ordered him to do.

Kill her...kill her...

The demon-Ayame sent a barrage of needles dipped in poison from her fan, and Raikyo was all too prepared to cloak him self in his protective aura...until one needle cascaded itself into the flute Lynx was holding. When the shrill whistle was suddenly halted, Raikyo's eyes had widened and he halted right in his tracks. Time had slowed exceedingly again as the demon cat looked up to see Ayame in the air, smirking down at him. Raikyo hardly even noticed that the wind had picked up during the slowing of time.

Darts...wind....Ayame...

"Ayame..."Raikyo said slowly, gazing up at the demon. From behind him came a pink light; the sign of Lynx's departure. However, Raikyo continued to gaze at her, until suddenly, reality hit back.

Time was set on its natural path when a barrage of poisonous needles stabbed through different sections of the cats body. He only winced, one eye closing as he stumbled a bit, but the poison hadn't set in yet. Raikyo only looked back up at her, reaching out a shaking hand to her.

"Ayame...!"he said, voice rougher than before. I won't die unless she comes back! I WONT! Raikyo closed himself in with his arms and in one pulse, a blast of dark blue wind radiance away from him, much like what happened to him that morning. As a result, the darts that were in him and everywhere else were blown away. The poison couldn't be helped, but Raikyo's eyes were set on the girl in the sky.​

The demon looked down at him

"Hello Raikyo finally we meet.. Ayame doesn't live here anymore she is inside of me now" The demon giggled as she came down from the winds that held her up

"Dont you think you have done enough damage? you keep breaking her heart over and over.. all she wants is you honest on that part" The demon said one hand to her chest and the other held by her as if she was doing that 'Swear to tell the truth' thing like court.

"Think of me as protecting her from you.. I would let you die.. with that poison inside you.. but I need you to get me to the herian next time Ayame transforms.. so.." And with a wave of her hand the poison inside him vanished,

"Dont think your off the hook kitty cat. Extracting poison is an agonizing process.. you'll be in pain the rest of the night.." She said matter of factly.

"How bad do you want her back? do you even love her? why should I subside to the darkness just to be brought out again just because your too weak to control yourself over a flute?"

"She is MINE!"he yelled. He couldn't contain his anger anymore. He had such an animosity towards her. He wanted to hear her scream in pain, watch her bleed, and leave her dead corpse lying somewhere where everyone would be able to see her. His blood lust was getting out of hand.

"She is an innocent human and you all plan yo use her as a puppet! Well I'm NOT gonna let that happen! Not to her! NEVER AGAIN!"he yelled. His blue aura was pulsing uncontrollably. His body felt completely rejuvenated when the poison vanished, but that did not mean it soothed his anger.

"She is mine and I won't let anyone hurt her! If keeping her alive and wanting her to be safe is what "love" is to humans, then yes! I love her!"he yelled up at the woman.​

"Hmph.. how cute" The demon said in mock appreciation

"Whos been using who? Your the one trying to substitute her for a girl who will never come back Raikyo

Never. Yami is NEVER COMMING BACK" she screamed, her voice sounded different this time.. like a mix of Ayames voice and her own.

a split second later she was on her knees in pain "Shit..." The demon said shakily..

"Ill be back.. when I come back.. Ill make sure I stay" She said as the wind picked up around her, creating something like a twister as she spun a couple of times, until

the twister subsided and all that was left was the human girl, laying on the ground.

"Ayame!" Takymaru said going over to her "What the hell.. I have never seen anything like this" He said holding her up in his lap

"What kind of human.. can transform into a demon.. a wind demon at that.."

"YAMI IS NEVER COMING BACK!!!"

The sentence echoed through the deepest caverns of his mind, tingling his soul and boiling the blood under his skin. To here the demon say her name in that much rage was one thing, but having Ayame's voice mixed into it was another thing in itself. He could only imagine the look on the human girl's face if it were actually her he was speaking too. Would her eyes be squinted in pain like they always were when she was angry. Would her tiny, delicate little fist be balled? Raikyo found himself hating her more and more each passing second...for what she was doing to his mind.

The demon girl made it perfectly clear that she would return and Raikyo only stood straight at his full height, eyeing her with the most serious expression he could.

"And when you do...you'll die...even if it means taking her with you." He swore he could hear Takymaru and his mother gasp behind him, but they were only interrupted by the loud wind following the complete transformation of the wind goddess back into innocent Ayame. When the wind cleared, revealing Ayame lying on the ground, Takymaru rushed over to her and pulled her into his lap. Raikyo only snorted, watching him observe her.

Master!

Raikyo stopped in his steps away from the group to see the black cat trotting over to him without a care in the world.

"You slept through the whole thing, didn't you?"

Why do you not go comfort hurt? Check up on her and make sure-

"She's fine. The humans can handle her recovery. I want to be alone."he replied with a cold undertone in his voice. Fairenz had tilted his head gradually to the side.

But Raikyo-

"Alone, Fairenz."he replied sharply, and shoved his hands in the loose pockets of his black pants as he walked away from them all, heading into the forest.​

Ayame gained full conciseness just moments alter, she only caught glimpse of Raikyo walking away, he seemed angry.. Or distracted..

She didnt expect for Takymaru to be the one comforting her....

When they fixed up everything and got inside Ayame went inside their little temple, made for Buddha and lit the candles, which made her brilliant gold Kimono stand out even more.

She stared blankly with her hands in her lap, her head down.

"You know I used to do that too... Mom would make me come pray and I would simply stare at the ground.. thats cheating you know?" He said smiling and putting his

hands together to pray himself.

"Tommrows my birthday" Ayame said quietly, a very faint smile on her face, her eyes covered with her bang

"Really? The boy said, His head still down and eyes closed.

"Yes.. Ill.. Ill be 16.. and .. I was supposed to go Live at the priestess school.. and become one.. then return to my village as the new priestess so the old one can retire..

Now look at me.. Im no where near holy.. Im in love with a demon.. and I harbor one" She said quietly, her voice sounded so bittersweet, Takymaru could almost taste it in the air.

"Ayame.. Raikyo said.. if you ever transform again.. he will kill the demon.. even if it means killing you." He said in a whisper, his eyes slightly open now.

Ayame looked at the boy out of the corner of his eye "Really.. is that what he said?" She said still smiling a little, though you could see exhaustion in her eyes as they began to water

"Good.. I'm growing tired." She said as she got up and walked away from the temple, walking along a path by herself

Takymaru stayed in the temple praying..

"Buddha.. Its only you who can save us now."

Raikyo trudged through the leaves, webs, insects, and other gravel that is always littered through a forest. He was so familiar with his current location. His whole life was born, raise, beaten, and forgotten through the eyes of the trees, wings of birds, and chirps of insects. The forest was his home. It was where he went to cool off, to have fun (if it were possible, and to get away. Raikyo understood this as he continued to walk. Every so often he would step over a twig or branch and the crack would resonate through the entire area. He ignored it for the most part.

Running way is not always the best option... Raikyo wasn't surprised to hear the voice. He could tell by the aura that Fairenz had followed him ever since he first walked away and he was sure that Fairenz was not trying to hide it.

I'm not running. I'm walking.

You know what I meant.

And why not walk away, Fairenz? She's in good hands, is she not?

But are you? Fairenz didn't answer the question but the question afterwords had an small impact on Raikyo.

Does it matter if I am or not? Like anyone cares-

Yami cares.

Raikyo had stopped in mid-walk, his foot still suspended in mid air. Fairenz had finally revealed himself by jumping down from a tree in front of Raikyo. The cat made his way over to his master, sitting on his hind legs after stopping in front of him.

You know that I have a piece of her soul inside me. I do not understand why you keep hiding that fact from yourself, Master. Her soul is what is causing me to die slowly. You know that I am not the panther I used to be. Remember the way I was before she died and transfused part of her spirit into my own. You know that I can't live unless you finally let her go. All of her, Master.

Raikyo listened intently. The words were a tidal wave of knives flying towards him and they cut him deep. His heart sped up gradually as he turned to glance at his partner. When he made contact with Fairenz's golden yellow eyes he wince. The same color as...

Yes. Fairenz answered with a curt nod. They were originally grey...remember, Master? Raikyo did not answer as he knelt down next to his panther.

"I have to let her go...?"he asked aloud. It seemed like his mouth didn't want to mouth the words he had said. The only response from Fairenz was his usual nod.​

Ayame couldn't sleep... the whole night she stayed up thinking about what raikyo was doing.. hoping he wasn't doing anything stupid. Knowing by knowing him that was probably the case. She sighed as takys mom walked inside the temple where she had returned to. "Whats wrong ayame?.. I'm sure he is fine"Ayame balled her fingers into fists lookimg away "I have no reason to care about what he is up to he is the one putting me threw hell!" She didn't mean to curse in the temple, it was just raikyo made her so angry. She quietly cut another piece of fruit and put it beside the buddha bowing her head again."You can't choose who you fall in love with ayame.." the lady said lighting another insense"Why me though? I don't understand any of this..." ayame was frustraed and she knew it showed... at the moment she didn't care. The lady smiled, putting ayames hair into a bun and removing the hair from her eyes as if she was her own daughter "Ayame ...when your father goes hunting for demons like you said he does.. he gets to go to different cities... brings you home beautiful things right?" She said as she pinned the baby hairs to the bun with a single clamp"Yes..." ayame said, thinking back when her dad brought different beautiful kimonos and perfumes and makeups"Do you ask why?" The lady went on raising her eyebrow "No??" Ayame exclaimed, looking up at the lady like she was dumb "Well... when the gods send you a blessing.. like love.. you don't ask why it was sent" she said getting up and smiling then walking out. Ayame sat there in silence thinking about what the lady had just said.. she slowly bowed her head and closed her eyes"T-thank you.."