The Price of Protection

Moments had passed and the two of them hadn't moved from the position. It wasn't as if they didn't want to move, but they were afraid to move. At least Raikyo was. He didn't have his arms around her, nor did she have hers around him, but they still stood close. Very close.

Raikyo was basking in her smell, her glow, and her intakes of breath. Every time she showed a sign of innocence, Raikyo wanted to attack her and feed away at that innocence. He wanted to attack her with his body, suppress her so she wouldn't run away, and devour her. Demons are like that, but Raikyo was confused. Never before had he wanted a woman this badly! It wasn't desperation; instead, it was pure amazement. He was amazed at the way she could simply cause him to melt by one simple contact of their eyes, or her hands. When her fingers tickled his abdomen, Raikyo shuddered, eyes fluttering to a close unwillingly.

"It's about time...for us to be heading out..."he whispered, opening his eyes once more to reveal the dark blue was still there. Though he expressed his concern for their safety and health, his body was saying another story in itself. Reluctantly, the demon pulled away from her, one of his steps faltering. He was thankful of his quick recover, holding a hand out to her.

"You ready?"​

Ayame looked at him, but she was in a daze.. her mind was somewhere else..

She only nodded, taking his hand..

Maybe it was a good thing they hadnt stayed

maybe it was an even better thing that they didnt stay in that

position..

other wise they mightve stayed that way forever...

She could feel his desires mix with hers the moment she touched him on

his abdomen..

What does this mean?

She thought to herself as they continued

Am I Raikyo's now?

Is he mine??

A chuckle escaped his mouth. Innocent Ayame, now suddenly appearing more and more like a woman than I planned.

Why didn't you penetrate her then and there?

Though the demon knew exactly where the source was coming from and who it came from, Raikyo was caught off guard at the statement. He lost his footing and tripped, but because his hands were grasped along with Ayame's she was pulled down with him. Fairenz had decided to ask the question aloud, letting the two of them here him, but there wasn't much that they could respond with at that moment. Ayame was on top of him in a mangled position and Raikyo's back was stabbed into the twigs and branches of the forest floor.

"Dammit, Fairenz!"he growled, squirming under the human.​

Why didn't you penetrate her then and there?

The question caught Ayame off guard as well...

She was blushing fiercely as she landed on top of Raikyo

For a brief moment she sat there looking at him, trembling a bit

Why did he make her feel like this

She felt the need to stay.. but he kept squirming so she got up quickly

"S-sorry.." She said it softly and turned away blushing, she had stumbled on the cats words as well so she didnt know whos fault

it really was

Silence.

Fairenz had appeared from the dark and trotted up to the two of them in a boyish trot.

Oh, come on. You two act like you're 3. Raikyo, you're 21 and Ayame, you just turned 18. Today I believe? Raikyo looked over to Ayame and his eyes dipped in a light glowing blue.

"It's your birthday?"

Fairenz decided to answer for her, gray eyes darting between Raikyo and Ayame.

Yes, and that doesn't only make her a priestess but she's legal too! The cat laughed but there was a meowing that was mingled in it. Raikyo should have been offended by the words but he was loving his old panther's original personality that he found himself laughing along with him. When the two were done and Fairenz decided to bound into the forest again, Raikyo turned towards Ayame and pounced on her in a cat like way. Her back hit the ground in a semi-soft semi-hard thud and he climbed on top of her, smirking down at her surprised and reddened face.

"He has a point, you know. Now you are mine and you can't even scream rape."he smirked at her, running a finger down her neck slowly. "Even if you did..."he said, bending down to whisper in her ear, "...it's not rape if you enjoy it."he finished, nibbling on the side of her ear playfully.​

Ayame blushed at his words...

It had slipped her mind to tell him it was her birthday..

I guess he was her present..

She blushed with even more fierceness as he jumped on top of her.. as she laid on the ground

everything he said was true..

Even if he was rough with her.. she would never scream rape with Raikyo..

never.. She loved the way he was..

She giggled at the sensation she felt as he nibbled her ear...

and entangled her fingers in his hair.

The trees let alone the darkness in itself was privacy enough..

She could tell he was trying to intimidate her

Ayame knew she was innocence in itself but she refused

To let him think he could devour her

"Happy birthday to me" She said with confidence..

Closing her eyes letting the sensations he was giving her engulf her..

Simple touches.. kisses.. playfulness.

She was made for this

She was made for him.

Though the disappointment of her confidence tingled his mind, he still continued with the charade.

"Oh, I see. You think of me as an item now? A present? A prize?"he said in mock appall as he pulled away from her. One look at her face had him bursting in a fit of laughter, something he hadn't gotten used to. Raikyo knew he was denying his feelings for the human girl. He knew. Fairenz knew. Maybe even she knew. Raikyo stared down at the human...his human.

"My human."he whispered. The words had spilled out of him before he even knew what he was saying. "You're mine. Mine and mine alone. Understand?"he said, running a singer finger across her cheek. A crevice felt his finger in return as he ran it over the scar on her cheek. The memories of that day came flooding back. He had wanted to kill her; to see her scream and bleed on the forest floor. Now, he was lying on top of her, carressing her cheek in his hand. Raikyo blinked twice. So...this is love, huh? He smiled down at her, still rubbing her cheek softly.​

Ayame was at first a little surprised when Raikyo went on his little charade about her

thinking he was a prize. Even though she knew he was playing she still gave him a look

"Oh your one to talk.." She said softly as he caressed her cheek

"Im yours and yours alone? Sounds like a prize to me" She said, a smirk on her face

she knew she was resisting it. Even though she was laughing it off it was probably true

Raikyo, as a demon -a demon cat at that, would always be territorial...he had always been of Ayame

she remembered how he was with Roku, or when they visited that party town where he held her close.

She smiled when she seen him smiling down at her. "Likewise." Was all she said, thinking of Yami

He is mine.. you cant have him

It would take another life, another place, another world,

another Me and another Raikyo.. before you can ever take him

away from me.

She gazed at the demon for a second before looking up at the stars above them

"Raikyo.. Whats going to happen when we face the Herian?"

She asked him curiously..

Her mind was split. Half of it just wanted to enjoy the night with Raikyo

the alone time they had...

And the other wanted to know what was going on

and if it could interfere with their dream.

As of now, their reality.

The night was growing deeper and deeper. We have to get home soon, he thought as he continued to caress her cheek.

"Raikyo...What's going to happen when we face the Heiran?"

Raikyo's eyes crawled away from the sky and landed on her own eyes instead. She had a look of seriousness, and that was something unusual for him. Ayame always had an air of confidence, even though sometimes, she looked forward to negatives more than positives. The question hung in the air for a moment before he climbed off of her, and sat beside her, feet placed flat on the ground and looking up at the blank, black sky.

"The Heiran doesn't want you, Ayame. They want Mirriordian." he said. Raikyo paused and looked over to her. "The Mirriordian is a demon women, who feasts off the blood of other demons. With this blood, she becomes younger, beautiful, and stronger. She doesn't have a hatred for just demons or just humans. She hates everyone inferior to her. Her plan? To be released from you. And the only way that could happen is..."

He let the sentence trail off, eyes sinking to the ground as he grasped a patch of grass in order. They both knew the rest of the sentence, but Raikyo was going to say it anyway. Enough hiding.

"...You have to die."he said. The sentence cut through him despite his previous burst of confidence. "And not just die, but be killed. By..." Raikyo looked back towards the dark sky, spotting frequent balls of light here and there. His eyes dimmed in sadness? Anger?

"Me. Because I am the Cat Demon. I am the Master of Fairenz. And If I kill you and release her...I become her's. Along with Fairenz. Then, she would have the ultimate power."he finished abruptly, taking a deep breath.

"But. I'm not going to let that happen. I know I said I'd kill you...but I won't. I can't. There's got to be a better way. And I think I may have an idea on what to do. You won't like it, so I'm not telling you."he said and then gave her a piercing glare. "And don't ask."​

What did Raikyo think Ayame was?

More importantly who did Raikyo think Ayame was

She shook her head and sat in front of him turning his head her way

"Raikyo tell me..." she said in all seriousness

"If it has anything to do with you or fairenz getting hurt you can forget it!"

She half screamed it

I just captured your heart...

Raikyo winced at her statement and quickly looked away from her. She hit the nail right on the head and he didn't know whether to deny it or confirm it. It was true, however, and by the way he quickly snatched away from her, he now knew that she was aware. Raikyo looked over at her with saddened eyes.

"Ayame..."

You two still awake? And you both still have your clothes on? This is strange.... Raikyo sucked in a sigh and turned away from her painfully and looked over at the large cat that strut over to the two of them. Fairenz sat down, tail swishing against the crackling leaves on the ground.

Lost your touch?

"I never had a touch."he retorted. Fairenz licked his nose gingerly, head turning to Ayame.

And you...you're afraid? He won't hurt you.

"Enough, Fairenz."Raikyo snapped. Fairenz's bright gray eyes swiveled from Ayame to Raikyo then back to Ayame.

Ohh...I see. Raikyo snorted and wrapped his own tail around him, laying his chin on his knees and looking forward.​

Ayame some what ignored Fairenz's gestures about making love..

Raikyo had now confirmed it. She was pissed

She glanced at Fairenz from the corner of her eyes

"Fairenz"

She began, talking to him through her mind so Raikyo could not intervene

"Listen to me closely... I understand now their is no way to stop The Heiran from

finding me...

If when we meet the Heiran, and There is no other way but for a cat demon to kill me..

and relinquish this demon from inside of me.. I know Raikyo will not

but if you must.. you must promise me you will sacrifice me in order to save him

You must PROMISE Fairenz.. Raikyo has had enough grief... I would never let him

sacrifice his freedom from me... If it has to be so then do it.."

Fairenz kept his focus on Raikyo, trying not to seem that he was secretly conversing with Ayame despite his intents.

You don't need to worry about that. All they really want is to release you and take me. But the only problem with that is Raikyo. He won't let them have you, and they can't have me without him dying first. So if he sacrifices his life for you, will it be a bad thing?

Raikyo huffed and moved his fingers across the ground slowly. The scudded silently until they reached Ayame's own hand that was also placed on the ground. He took her hand in his own and squeezed, still keeping his gaze forward.

"Everything will be fine. I won't let them kill you."he said. Fairenz lay on the ground and looked at Ayame sadly.

And that is why he is willing to die to protect you...

Ayame looked at Raikyo lovingly as tears developed behind her eyes

She pulled herself into him sniffling in his chest

"They wont take you either.. I put that on everything"

She said almost aggressively as she squeezed the fabric of his shirt

She glanced at Fairenz

"They wont take you either.. They can die trying"

She promised with a flicker of purple in her eyes..

She closed them tightly and buried her face into Raikyos

The aftershock of her falling into him had worn off. He wrapped an arm around her and with his free hand, ran his fingers through her hair. Fairenz came over and curled at his feet.

You told her, didn't you?

She asked.

You were supposed to keep it quiet.

For what? She was going to find out anyway. Raikyo bent his head down an planted a soft kiss on her head. Fairenz noticed the shift in aura and rose his head up to meet Raikyo's blue eyes.

You're still gonna go through with this, aren't you? Raikyo smiled down at the cat lightly.

Go to sleep, Fairenz. You'll need your strength tomorrow. Fairenz pierced Raikyo's skin with his gray eyes but obeyed his orders, curling his chin into one of his paws.​

The new day brought sunlight shining on Fairenz, Ayame And Raikyo

Ayame woke up, snuggled next to Raikyo and Fairenz on His other side

She sighed... She wish they could sleep threw this day....

She sat up gently and looked at the forest around her..

It seemed so beautiful.. her senses felt alive.. She noticed every little sound

the forest, insects and animals made

The music they made

A small smile ran across her face as she looked down, her eyes shying behind her bangs

Ah.. to die is the day worth living for.

She had decided what she would do.

If it came down to it.

She got up and stood slowly, looking down at the sleeping Raikyo and Fairenz.

She sighed and ran her fingers threw her hair..

It was time.

Mornings were usually the best time of day. This day was not like all of the other days. The sun beat down upon Raikyo, Ayame, and Fairenz, who had all slumbered in a comfortable circle with one another. The beams of light reached the closed lids of Raikyo's eyes, pulling a groan from him. He tossed like a child who begged with his mother for five more minutes of sleep. Raikyo nestled his head deeper within Ayame's lap (did I fall asleep on her lap?) and readjusted himself for maximum comfort. A soft trail of fingers ran through his hair. Despite his usual dark attitude, he purred against the girl, feeling as if he would float away any moment then.

"Don't stop..."he mumbled nestling farther between her. It continued on for about half a second when he heard a loud, high pitched yawn from below his feet. The yawn woke him from his slumber as his eyes opened up slightly, looking ahead of him at the black panther who was stretching in front of him.

Awake, Raikyo?

"Thanks to you."he responded coldly and turned his attention to Ayame. Something was off about her. She was smiling, but not with happiness or joy. There was something else behind her eyes and Raikyo wanted to destroy it before it consumed her any farther. The demon lifted a finger to brush a strand of hair from her face.

"What's the matter? Bad sleep?"he said casually, though he was anticipating an elaborate answer.​

Ayame looked at Raikyo with the same smile on her face

It couldn't change.

It was stuck.

"Nothing" She said kissing his cheek softly "Good morning to you too" She continued

Today she decided, if it was her last, would be the greatest day.

She took Raikyo by the hand and looked around

She seemed fully rested and ready.

She stretched her arms above her head and let out a soft yawn.

"So.. when does hell begin?"

Her question cascaded into her glass of happiness, shattering it into many small shards. Raikyo's black ears twitched and he rolled off of her, still managing to keep eye contact with her.

"The Heiran will come to us before we go to them. But we have to go with them willingly."he said.

So that's a good thing for you, Ayame. You don't have to walk anywhere, Fairenz said with a chuckle. Raikyo admired hi ability to still be the comic relief of the bunch and decided that it was alright for him to laugh along with his panther.

"That's a relief."he interjected, tugging playfully at the girl's hair to motion for her to get up.​

Ayame couldnt help but laugh

Even though it was probably Fairenz's way of calling her a slow walker

"Im sorry im not a demon nor a cat" She smiled patting the Panthers head

Let them come.

She thought to herself

everyone had plans for Ayame, however Ayame had plans for herself

and they didnt include Raikyo or Fairenz getting hurt

No, not at all.

"So what do we do until then my loves?" She said to the boys who followed behind her

This time she was ahead.