The Price of Protection

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The demon girl wore a small smile on her lips when Raikyo said her name. Raikyo nearly lost it. It was the same smile she wore when they would talk! The same one he told himself to forget!

"Evening, Raikyo."she said. Raikyo was surprised he didn't catch her voice when she first asked him about his meal, but now, it was clear that it was Yami. The same voice, smile, eyes...

Raikyo then paused, feeling something...off. He continued to stare at Yami who wore that single smile on her lips and looked back at Raikyo in return. That's when his tail twitched. The only aura he was feeling...was Ayame's. Raikyo didn't bother to look at Ayame, or make any sudden movements in front of Yami. It was obvious that she was dead, yet here she was, standing in front of him as clear as day. However, if it were truly her, he would've been able to feel her aura from miles away. A darkened feeling settled in his mind, but for now, he played along with her.

"How did you...h-how--"

"Come. Let's talk somewhere private."she said in her small voice. Even though Raikyo knew there was something wrong with the situation, he couldn't help but be pulled along by her mere presence. She was just as he remembered, maybe even more so. Despite is inner conclusions, he nodded and followed her, legs moving in a dream like state. He even forgotten about the human girl next to him.​

Ayame could not believe that he had just left her there like that.

Sure it was yame, but.. he acted as if he forgot she had even existed.

Ayame made her tiny hands into fists once more

That sun of a bitch.

No introduction.. nothing.

"Hey you.. " The waiter said sitting down, she had just seen the whole thing from a distance.

"What just happened?"

Ayame couldnt speak.. all she could do was stare in the direction they went, replaying the image over and over.

"I once fell in love with a demon before..."

"Im in love?" she questioned herself outloud, still looking in the direction they went

"Come. Ill take you with me.. to get ready for the celebration, we can have fun without him... there are going to be so many boys at the festival"

She said taking ayame by the hand, as if she was her little sister and disappearing out of the resteraunt with her, Ayame couldnt help but continue looking back

What the hell just happened???

but the same anger that arose in her began to arise again, she could feel it. But she contained it.

"Didnt know your eyes changed colors.. thats pretty.. are you a...?"

It was now a deep purplish color

Ayame blinked and her eyes went back to there normal color.

"Absolutley Not"

"Did you enjoy the meal?" Yami asked again, as the two of them walked down an empty part of town. Raikyo was only a few steps behind her, still feeling as though he was floating every time he heard her voice.

"Yes."

"Miso...correct?"

"Yes." he answered again. Yami had another smile on her lips when she turned around to face the demon behind her. Raikyo stopped too, still staring at her golden eyes. Raikyo's heart slowed down to its normal beating, and his palms weren't so sweaty anymore. As a matter of fact, Raikyo's eyes were glassed in blue, like he was blind.

"How did you get here, Raikyo..?"

"I walked."

"Alone?"

"Yes."

"No one was with you?"

"No..."

Raikyo only gazed back at her with glazed eyes. Yami took his hand with a smirk.

"Very good, Raikyo."she cooed.​

ayame_web-large_medium.jpg

Ayame had followed the girl back to her house, a big, japanese styled one

"Relax and I will be back with some bath towels..."

The girl sad leaving Ayame alone as she got inside the girls private springs

but nothing could fix the deep hatred going on inside her, it pumped threw her veins...

Made her Irate.

"You have awaken me once more... what business do you have with me now?"

The voice said to her...

Ayame felt something happening to her... her eyes became glazed a billiant purple and her body felt hot

she knew now that whenever she was angry she transformed

"Am I a demon?" She said outloud.

"No. Im A demon.. your my host... which technically means, yes your a demon.. sometimes.. when your angry.. like you are now.. I feel it. Jealousy.. and its hot. Ready."
It laughed sinisterly.

Ayame's fists balled up "Raikyo."

"I saw everything from behind your eyes... he left you didnt he? left you here all alone for a girl no better then you... only thing she has that you dont? ears and a tail"

The demon said laughing once more

"Detest them Detest yami for taking him from you.. and Detest raikyo for going with her"

Ayames body was now on full alarm blazing hot... her skin a little paler..

"I detest them... I detest Raikyo.. and I detest yami" She said, her eys full of tears.

"Ill lend you my powers.. Go to them now.. Look For them, Find Them, Kill Them."

A black shadow crossed over Ayame's legs but vanished just as quickly as it came.

Ayame...Listen to me. Something terrible has happened to my Master. I can not explain the details yet, but there isn't much time. We must go to him and break the spell the demon has a hold on him. I can not do it alone, for I am only a panther. But you are closer to him in that department. You have the power to bring him out. I know that this is possible...Ayame?

Fairenz's voice trailed off. The panther was no where to be seen, because he was shrouding himself in his own dark aura. He detected an evil presens residing deep within Ayame. The cat knew that if he further question his concern for her, it would only heighten her anger. She even appeared different.

The cat's golden eyes flashed once before he bound off into the night.

Yami still held on to Raikyo's hand. Her eyes turned from a gold to a burn orange, but in a flash, they returned to the natural state of golden color. Raikyo didn't notice. He didn't notice anything. He was caught in the deepening miasma that was pouring from the demon girl in front of him. The poisonous miasma was so strong, it blocked off his sense of smell and aura detection. To be blunt, he was stuck in a trap. All he did was stare at the girl with normal, blue eyes.

"Do you love me, Raikyo?

"Yes."

"Will you kill for me?"

"Yes."

"There is a human I want dead. Will you kill Ayame?"

Raikyo did not answer when the question left Yami's mouth. The name tugged at his brain and he tried to register why it meant something when he heard it. His body reacted to the name, ears twitching and his tail swayed once to the side. Raikyo blinked once into the atmosphere in front of him, no longer looking at Yami. Yami's eyes burrowed ever so slightly when she made her way over to him. She was close enough to touch the demon's face with her soft hands, tail moving to the side. The touch caused him to look up into her golden eyes again.

"Will you kill Ayame for me, Raikyo?"she asked again. His name coming from her mouth had set Raikyo back into the dream-like state.

"Yes."he answered.​

Ayame had left the girls house in a rush. Bounding in th direction the demon told her to go... thinking only deep thoughts of hate for raikyo... she was so fast she blew past fairenz ... hair swinging wildly with the wind. She stopped abruptly when she saw yami... she balled her fists up

no not her... go for the boy first after all it was his choice to follow her

She nodded and turned towards they direction he told her to go

that wench sent him off.. probably looking for you.. don't forgive him. Kill him

The voice hissed silently

"I have a bad feeling about this" she said silently

he's blinded by love for that girl. Kill kill kill!

She thought of him and yami. Together....

After all they had been through he still chose her..

The demon put pictures of yami and raikyo together in her head. fueling her fire.. her nails grew longer and her breath quickened.. she scraped them once against a bamboo tree making a loud screeching sound

"RAIKYO WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU"

Raikyo had caught the scent of the girl he was after. It was different than the norm, but the demon pursued it farther. It was close enough for him to spot her from a mile away. The blue eyed demon crouched low in his pouncing position.

Kill her for me, Raikyo. Kill her because you love me.

Yami's words were the fuel that kept him eyeing the human in front of him with blood-lust in his eyes. He was going to obey her wishes because she had promised they would be together. That was all he wanted. For them to be together.

MASTER!

Raikyo ignored the voice in his head as he pounced on the human girl in front of him, pinning her to the ground and snarling beyond dark azure eyes.​

The demon inside her chuckled

"My turn."

He took over Ayame completley, slashing the boys face, leaving red marks and then without notice, she took him by the collar and threw him up against a tree.

She then smirked and walked slowly towards him.

"Ahh, on this day, you abandoned me... left me for yami in the middle of a fucking resteraunt, heart broken, angry, confused... But on this day, you gained the love of your life isnt that right raikyo? so this day better be the worth diying for"

The demons blood ran threw her veins, making her eyes glow an insufferable dark purple.

"I had to search the bones of hell for a death that might suit you, you son of a BITCH!" she screamed as the wind blew, her hair widly in her face.. but she seen right threw it.. "

Ayame seen only him. The demon seen only him.

A drop of blood dropped onto a leaf. A line of crimson blood rand from Raikyo's right cheek, but he did nothing but wipe it with the back of his hand as he was leaned against a tree. The rub had caused i to burn, but Raikyo didn't know pain at that moment. He was on a mission. Yami's mission.

"Do not fight me, human. Your death is inevitable."he replied in a monotone voice. Raikyo's black hair was pushed in a gust of eyes, still revealing the glassed blue eyes he wore. Though he was nowhere near the miasma from Yami's body, Raikyo had taken too much of it in. It seeped in easier by the trance his emotions were already in when he first laid eyes on the demon girl. Raikyo was completely at the will of Yami.

He crouched down and, surprisingly, a cloudy blue aura gathered around his feet, spinning the leaves underneath in a whirlpool. His hand flexed, claws growing from his hands.

"I am here to rid you of your pathetic excuse for a life."he said in the same blank voice. Before he could make one move towards her, Fairenz sped in front of him, back facing Ayame. The golden eyes of the panther were glowing and he was in the same crouching position as Raikyo. When he growled, his nose wrinkled all of the black fur on his nose, the hairs on his back bristling.​

Step aside panther.

The voice said slowly walking from behind the panther

She closed her eyes and put her hands together as if meditating

"I dont need your protection, this is between me and him."

The clouds around them became a poisonous black. and the world turned silent.

Even though it was clear the wind was blowing the trees you couldn't hear it.

she slowly lifted her head and opened her eyes.

"Welcome to my world bitch"

She said as the slient wind blew raikyo back... to the tree he was planted on.

She looked at the trees behind her then looked at raikyo, Thorns from trees behind her pinned Raikyo to the tree.

"My pathetic excuse for a life?.... your taking orders... from a imitation "
She said pointing towards the direction he had just came from

Her claws once again grew longer and she began walking swiftly towards him.. But she felt something inside her.. an increasing pain.

"Shit.. im getting weaker.. I need to finish this" The demon said, now runing in his direction.

Fairenz wasn't quick enough to make any actions as the demonic Ayame constricted his master to a tree with thorned vines. A multitude of cuts engraved in his body due to the sharp blades, but Raikyo did not seem to notice. He only stared blankly bat at her with glazed eyes. On occasion, he would snarl in anger and aggravation that the human was not dead yet. The sooner she died, the sooner he could return to Yami.

Fairenz put one paw behind him. The cat only surveyed the scene with a helpless weight falling on its shoulders. He couldn't take any physical action because he might end up hurting the two of them. He figured the purifying aura would have wiped the miasma clear from Raikyo's mind and body, but the demonic Ayame was losing her patience. In short, the two of them were after one another's lives at any costs. Fairenz glanced over at Raikyo and did not move a muscle.

Master...remember who she is to you! This is not just a human girl. This is Ayame!

Raikyo's left ear twitched as the wind blew his bangs in front of his face, covering his eyes. His hand twitched and a pained sting from the thorn met in return. Raikyo's breathing increased ever so slightly at the name.

That human...Yami ordered me to...

Yami is dead!, Fairenz sad with a snap of his jaws. That is not her. She is only a formed puppet created by the Heiran to destroy you!

"Wrong!"Raikyo shouted, a hint of desperation coating his voice. Ayame was beginning to make her way over to Raikyo to finish what she had started. Fairenz exchanged glances between him and his master for a brief moment.

You wouldn't hurt Ayame...would you, Raikyo?

Raikyo's body stiffened, mind stunned at the voice in his head. In a rush, words, sights, and sounds flowed back into the demons head as the demonic Ayame made a bee-line dash towards him.

"You hate me? You wanna kill me? You wanna break me down? Come on then i give you permission to bury me!"
"I hate you...I hate that I love you, Raikyo!"
"Raikyo...I cant leave you...I wont ever leave you here!!"
"......This is a great moment, Raikyo and I'm not gonna let you spoil it. Not this time."

Raikyo's eyes widened and returned to life as he watched the demonic Ayame run towards him, ready to kill him. All of the feeling in his body had returned, and he finally remembered who the girl running towards him was. Raikyo continued to look at her, trying to discern the look of pain behind her violent, purple eyes.

"Ayame..."he said in a shocked voice, eyes still wide and blue, as they always were.​

Ayame stopped at the sound of his voice.. violent tears ran down her face

"What?" She said looking at him in his eyes. Pain in her eyes was great now, Ready to kill

The fool only said your name because he wants to live.. KILL HIM AYAME..

"Raikyo.." She said softly.. seeing a change in him happen before her eyes

Ayame.. I am running out of strength and will have to surrender my power shortly... do it..

remember what he did to you.. imagine what he will do in the future.. IMAGINE YAMI.

"Yami.." She said angrily.. she began walking the short distance towards raikyo

YES YES YES!

a black shadow made its way, starting from her feet circling around her as she moved towards him

"I have no regrets about fighting you to the death" she said angrily, picking up the pace

Just then a shot of blood when right threw her instantly.. she slowed her running down to a complete hault and put her hand to her side,releasing it as blood stained her hand.

She looked straight ahead.. an arrow that had just missed raikyo's head went right threw her side.

She turned around slowly, facing the boy who stood there, bow and arrow still drawn.

she then fell to her knees and hit the ground hard, the thorns which were under her control fell from raikyos body and unpinned him, and the silence ceased as well.

The human boy walked cautiously towards the situation "Are you okay??!!" he said to raikyo.

The thorn-covered vines trembled once until they fell onto the ground, returning into lifeless vines once again. They were speckled with demon blood, but not enough to wear death was coming for Raikyo. The pain was annoying more than it was fatal. However, pain was the last thing on his mind. Raikyo's mouth was opened slightly in shock and his eyes had almost tripled in size. After he had been released from the intoxicating miasma, he was slowly starting to piece things together; what happened, where he was, and why was he in that situation. Raikyo had all of the answers in one quick flash, and he was all too determined to stop Ayame from killing him...

....when he saw her get shot.

The arrow buzzed through the air, cutting into her side like nothing but cotton. Ayame stopped in mid-run eyes widened as she turned around to face her attacker. Raikyo tried to say something, seeing the human boy with the arrow walk gradually up to the two of them, but no words escaped his mouth. Then, as if he weren't in enough shock, Ayame had dropped to her knees in a rough thudding motion, at the same times, the vines had released themselves.

Ayame...

Raikyo hadn't heard Fairenz over the boy's question.

"Are you okay!??!"

A small shard of rage stabbed into Raikyo's body and his eyes instantly dropped to a black color. It was still blue, but too dark for anyone to notice. This human...had just shot Ayame because he thought she was the demon. Raikyo's body trembled in anger, tail thrashing along the air angrily. He grit his teeth hard and clenched his fist.

I'll show him who the demon is here..

No! Master...I will handle this, Fairenz answered. Raikyo's eyes snapped to the black cat who had looked away from him and trotted over to the human. The cat finally made it in front of him, and he sat back on his hind legs, just as he did when he first introduced himself to Ayame. He didn't speak however. Instead, his throat began to resonated a calming purr from within his throat. Raikyo new the purr was a calming aura technique that Fairenz used a lot to settle the people in his way down, and it worked like a charm. Raikyo then tore himself away from the two of them and rushed over to Ayame who was sprawled on the ground. Kneeling down, Raikyo was first afraid to touch her. She was always so fragile, he didn't want to hurt anything. His curiosity got the better of him, for he lifted her onto his lap, holding her head in his hands.

"Hey...can you here me..?"he asked quietly while he brushed the hair away from her face. He didn't get any response. Raikyo stiffened for a second, then he let out an shaking exhale of breath. His black tail wrapped around the room and he squeezed, stopping the blood flow for as long as possible. Raikyo's eyes settled back onto her face.

"Ayame. Get up...get up!"he ordered, trying to sound fierce but still couldn't hide the squeak of desperation in his voice.​

Ayame was unconscious, and before the sleep could take her, the demon inside her had trapped her mind.. if only for a few seconds.

Why didnt you kill him Ayame? why didnt you finish the job??

"... he loves me... I know he does... I can hear his voice"

Wrong!! he loves yami.. did you see the way he went to her, like he was her dog, and it will happen again. He will always choose to love yami over you.

"But.. yami is dead.. maybe.. maybe I can change him."

He will always choose to love yami over you it will never be your decision.

"... let me go."

Only if you promise to kill all the herian.. they want you dead ayame.. they want my powers, and they want you dead. kill them all, including raikyo

" NEVER!!"

NO??!!.... well then I guess ill have to do it myself, next time your angry, your mine.

"Its my body."

Sure it is, but its my rules...

He laughed coldly releasing her from being unconscious.

Ayame slowly began to regain consciousness and with it came great pain from her side... she slowly squinted her eyes open looking at raikyo..

she wanted to be happy to see him... but she couldnt. Not after what he did, not after the way he abandoned her.

She blinked slowly up at him twice then looked away, eyes filing with tears once more..

"Well I hope your pleased with yourself" she said quietly, her soft voice breaking with the tears over flowing.

"..A...A.."

He couldn't get her name to come out of his mind because every time he would get close, a knot would form in his throat, choking his words momentarily. The girl was crying and Raikyo didn't know why. He didn't know why this stupid human boy had shot her with an arrow. He didn't know why Fairenz hadn't killed him yet. He didn't know how to fix the hole in her side. And he didn't know why a tear fell on her forehead when he looked down at her...

Raikyo had no words to tell her. He didn't know how to respond to her statement. She wasn't even looking at him. Raikyo sniffed once, another tear dropping on her forehead. The last thing he wanted to show her was any weakness, so he quickly wiped the tear that fell from her head and tightened the grip of his tail around her wound, looking another way.

"I'm pleased that you're alive."he answered softly so he could mask the sniffling and the cracks in his voice.​

She winced a little at the pain from him tightening his grip, but she knew he did it to stop the bleeding.

She felt his tears on her forehead and she slowly turned towards him.

"Raikyo.." she said softly.. her face also softened... she couldn't stay mad at Raikyo.. not when he was like this.

her tears had mixed with his when one came down his cheek... intertwining itself with one of hers.

"Im happy your back to being you.." she said putting a cold shaking hand against his cheek and giving him a weak smile.

How dare they! The Heiran has no right to interfere in the life of an innocent human girl! All they want is the demon inside of her, but they would go so far to include Yami and Raikyo's relationship in-

"Enough."

-to their personal matters! They don't care less what happens to him, as long as they get the girl! It is down right clear what is happening between the two of you as we speak, and that kind of thing is what the Heiran feeds off of all the ti-

"Fairenz." Raikyo said again. He raised his voice that time because he thought the pathetic state he was in moment ago made it so that he couldn't hear him clearly. Ayame was growing weaker and the last thing he wanted to do was to heal her in front of the human boy. His attention suddenly turned to Ayame's attacker and Raikyo's eyes slanted in anger, growling slowly. The boy couldn't hear Fairenz and Raikyo was glad because the cat was beginning to rant. When Fairenz ranted, it was quite hard to stop him, unless one used a forceful bite behind they're words. Raikyo didn't want to stay angry in front of the poor Ayame so he rubbed her cheek to calm her down slowly, but still continued to glare at the other guy.

"Who are you?"he snapped.​

The boy smiled, happy he had finally been included in the conversation. The boy didnt understand fully, but he had a feeling he had made a mistake by the way the demon and the panther were acting.

He stepped a little closer but not too much, the panther still had an eye on him

He cleared his throat "Well thats not exactly the thank you I was hoping for.." He said, laughing trying to lighten the mood

"Listen, I swear my intentions were good.. Im a in training- demon hunter... Not good demons though or one's that propose a threat just, evil ones.. and I thought you were being attacked man I mean, What am I supposed to think Im just walking threw the woods then all I see is you pinned to a tree and this girl comming at you with purple eyes with death in her eyes... I dont know maybe thats just the way you guys argue?" he said again trying to joke, he laughed a little

"What am I doing?" He said shaking his head until his face was serious "Im sorry.... My name is Takymaru. Again im sorry.. She wont die.. it went right threw her.. Listen my mother is a nurse and we dont live far.... as an apology.. will you?" he said gesturing back towards the city.

Raikyo snarled when the boy got closer, but he didn't want to be extremely rude. The human did offer to treat Ayame's wounds and that was the only thing he could think about at the moment. He didn't trust normal human doctors with wounds of any demonic nature, but this was just a poorly crafted arrow. It would have been much quicker and less of a hassle for Raikyo to heal her himself, but they were also in need of some bandages. Raikyo sighed at the odds that were clearly weighed against. He would have to shove his ego off for now.

"Fine. Take us to see this woman so Ayame can be healed."he ordered. He wrapped one harm around Ayame and hoisted her up along with himself. He cradled her like a small child. That was the only way he could think not to further irritate the wound. Fairenz's dialogue was beginning to sprout into Raikyo's mind but Raikyo whipped his tail in a sharp manor towards the cat.

Shut it.

"I understand your confusion for what happened. I would've reacted fast too if i were a naive human."he spat. Raikyo immediately regretted it, knowing that Ayame would tug angrily on his ear if she were feeling well. He sighed reluctantly, ears lowering a fraction. "My bad. It's a demon thing."he shrugged, hoping that explained his attitude.​

The boy looked back at Raikyo blinking twice, then smiling

"No problem." He wasnt about to try to get into a shouting match with Raikyo, now that he had nearly killed the demons girlfriend or sister or whatever she was to him.

he didnt want to ask.

When they reached the house a pretty lady with short black hair greeted them all "your all in time for dinner"

Takymaru gestured to the girl "Mom I had an accident.. while training I kind of shot this.. um, human/demon girl" He said looking down waiting for his mom to hit him probably.

She only glared at him then she looked up at the panther and Raikyo holding Ayame. "The poor thing" the lady said leading them into a secluded room from the rest of the house.

"Lay her here" she said lighting incense and fluffing the pillow on the bed. "I need to go get some things.."

She said still glaring at her son "I have no Idea how you did that I told your ass to ask before you go out trying to shoot things. This demon had every right to kill you" She said gesturing towards raikyo.

She came back with some anti biotics and cleared her throat, loosening Ayames kimono, she looked up at all the men, including fairenz.

"Excuse me?? I have to get to the wound and that requires me going under neath her clothes so Can you guys maybe step out?"

her son stepped out and then his mom looked at Raikyo and fairenz who looked a little on edge "You guys shes in good hands promise"