The place from which there is no return

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hurting people is easy," The words slipped out. Gath's expression changed from an evil smirk to one of astonishment. The demon had never used Gath's own mouth to create words while Gath was still in control before, but the demon did have a point. Gath was now a instrument of death, whether he liked it or not.

Gath slowly and calmly took Penny's hand and placed it on top of his own so that her fingertips touched his wrist and vice versa. He motioned for her to do the same thing with her other hand as well. "It's not going to hurt, at least i don't think, and it may not work at all." Gath stared into her eyes with his own being a soulless white. He wasn't going to tell her he was about to potentially allow his demon to roam around in her. He didn't even know how he knew how to allow her to see the demon; the demon was the only explanation. As far as the guards who gave a shit; let them try to interfere and end up only memory of a life past lived.

Gath gave her a weak smile before he let it happen. Without warning Gath's hands shot further down and grabber her wrists from underneath. His long fingers squeezed off most of the circulation, turning her hands and knuckles white. Both Gath's and Pennelope's eyes snapped shut in sync. Slowly the demon worked its way down from Gath's soul, pausing at his fingertips before it crossed the barrier of skin between the pair. A darkness shrouded both of there hands from the inside.

Penny was taken aback a little at his hostility, and was only further puzzled when he proceeded to take her hands in his. She complied, however, nodding slowly as he reassured her of something she wasn't even sure of.

"Gath, wha-" The girl flinched back as his grip on her wrists tightened, now a little more than alarmed. Her eyelids closed shut, not by her own command, which was ever the more concerning. There was a subtle tingle in her fingertips, very large aura of darkness surrounding them; an impending sense of dread crept upon her, chills running down her spine. She was a little more than upset that Gath wouldn't tell her of what he was doing, but her curiosity couldn't bring her to refuse.

All at once, she felt it. Something, something horrible and terrible inside of her. Any and all confusion was replaced by deafening fear. She jumped back, startled, shaking, quivering- she drew her hands to her face, covering her eyes as a foreign spirit roamed her body.

"We finally meet, girl. How does it feel, a demon inside of you? Are you scared? Hurt?" Sneers. "Tell me, girl, why do you stay with the boy? He's simply awful, isn't he? A monster, only capable of bringing you sorrow." He tested.

Penny looked to Gath, throwing her arms around him, clutching and clinging onto him in a death grip, as if he were her life line.

"Gath! What happened? What's happening?" She dug her fingertips into the boy's clothing, still quivering slightly. "There's a really mean voice in my head and," she cut herself off, voice muffled by his bloodstained clothes.

Gath wasn't quite ready for her embrace and smashed the back of his head upon the paint chipped wall, but he paid the hit no mind. He had more concerning issues to deal with. One of them clung to him and spoke words of her confusion into his clothes. The other swirled around inside him as though it was pleased with what had just transpired.

Gath wrapped his arms around Penny pulling her in as close as he could get her. With one hand he slowly brushed the back of her head, with slow strokes that smoothed her hair down her back and shoulders. With the other he held her close as he slowly rocked both the girl and himself. His head he rest atop of hers with his cheek facing downward. His eyes were full of sorrow at what he had just done.

"It's ok. Your ok," He repeated several times even though he knew she wasn't. "It's going to be fine. The mean voice will go away."

"Oh? I don't plan on going anywhere. I can speak to her now if I choose. Pity i can't control her though like I do to you. It would be nice to have a set of puppets instead of just one," The demon sneered into Gath's thoughts.

Gath cringed at the demons foul words. He had been selfish. That was the reason this poor innocent girl was freaking out. She was touched and talked to by a demon because of Gath's fucking stupidity. He had only wanted to show her why he had to get out. He only wanted her to know, if only just a little bit, of what he felt.

"I am so sorry Penny," Gath whispered into her hair. It was barely audible and sounded as if he was crying but his eyes remained dry but full of sorrow. "It was the demon."

Penelope paused, her hands still gripping handfuls of Gath's shirt. The demon. He had put an demon inside of her. His demon. Without her consent, without any prior warning, nothing. She drew back from him, leaving a wet splotch on the boy's shoulder, and with stomach still doing flips, heart still racing as fear locked her legs in place.

"No, no, you're right. It's okay, I'm okay. Everything's alright. You don't- you don't have to be sorry. I- I can finally talk to it now, just like.. just like I had wanted, right?" She paused, trying to level her breathing. "Gath?" She raised her head, looking up at his eyes, and saw the most sorrow she had ever seen in a boy. Her heart stung. "You did this.. so I could feel what it was like, right? To harbor a demon? I'm glad you did so. If I can understand how you feel, even just a little bit, then I would be honored to do so." She told him, her voice gentle. "So it's okay."

"Don't worry about me, I-I'm fine! See, I'll talk to him right now." She geared herself up, clearing her throat. "Um, hello Mr. Demon, I'm Penny and I'm sure you know this is Gath. You don't have to call us "boy" and "girl," you sound like an old man with really bad memory." She noted.

A weak smile came to the boys face at her mockery of the demon. It barely hid how he still felt for what he had done. He knew he had hurt her and possibly even ruined her innocence. He knew that a demon could corrupt so easily. Only a whisper of words constantly flowing down into ones mind and soul would do it. He couldn't physically control her though; the demon had said so himself. It was only a small comfort.

"You wish me to call you by your names then? (snickers) It doesn't matter.....Penelope. As for the boy, he is mine. Someday I will make him kill you, Penelope." The demons voice appeared as if it was all around them in the room. The taunting words, bouncing off the walls and wracking their bones, engulfed the pair.

Gath made his way wobbly to his legs. He offered his bruised hand down to the girl. The veins on his arm popped out as he pulled her up to him. He embraced her in a hug, not one that would smother her, but rather a slow hug with a different meaning. It was warm and evoked some sort of emotion from the boy. He didn't know anything about what caring for another human being was about. He had never been in a past relationship with a girl. All he knew was he cared for her and he wouldn't let anyone or anything, including himself harm her as he had done before.

"Yes, yes, of course you will. " Came her reply, as though she was speaking to a child.

Penny smiled, despite herself. She wasn't sure how exactly she would cope with a constant source of negative energy and potent fear, but she wouldn't let it swallow her. She absolutely refused to. It was a wonder how Gath was able to do this, she could only imagine how strong of a person he was.

"I'm safe here, aren't I?" She asked quietly, arms tangled with Gath's in a warm hug. No, she didn't need conformation. She knew it, she was safe. In his arms, yes, she was safe.

"Safe?! Silly, silly, girl." A pause, almost as though he was simply too accustomed to ignoring names. "Penelope, you are talking to a boy possessed by a demon. Do not forget this." He cautioned.

Gath let her go slowly, hesitating once before letting go completely. He cupped he cheek in one of his hands and smiled at her before turning for the door. He limped his was slowly toward it, and stopped before getting through.

"Don't listen to him. If you do you will just go nuts. You will either shut down completely or just go nuts," Gath warned right before he slipped out.

"And you," Gath roared at the demon inwardly, " Leave her the fuck alone!"

"I see." Was all she could tell him. She knew there was wisdom in his words, but she couldn't help but wonder of the demon. She probably couldn't exactly have a full length conversation without the demon spitting some death nonsense, but she would have to deal with it. Her wits returned to her when she looked up at Gath, suddenly aware of his condition.

"A-ah, wait, you're limping, are you sure you shouldn't s-stay in bed?" Penny called after him, panicked concern evident in her voice. "You just woke up from a coma, I-I would feel a lot more comfortable if you were in bed and under medical attention," She added, skipping towards him. A tug at the back of his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.