The Odin Initiative - Join anytime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Alexander "Alex" Alyss

Nickname: Arkane

Alliance: Valkyrie

Personality: Alex is happy-go-lucky, excitable, childish, and scatterbrained. He has a horrible sense of direction and can get lost just about anywhere.

Appearance:
-Hair Color:
Brown
-Eye Color: Gray
-Skin Tone: Pale
-Body Type: Broad
-Height: 6'3"
-Other Features: none
-Portrait:

Weapon(s): Alex's only true weapon is his artifact sword Jormundgandr

Armor: Lightweight armor, made up of loose kevlar underclothes with a steel chest piece and pauldrons, with few overlapping steel plates on his legs keeping to keep his joints free and open to get the most out of his preferred fighting style

Abilities/magic:
Alex is unable to ACTIVELY cast magic. Thus he developed the ability to use his magic passively.
Using his unique brand of magic he can increase his already impressive strength speed and stamina to extreme levels even for a Valkyrie, as a result of this he has the bare minimum in terms of control over his strength, just enough to stop himself from crushing bones when he's around normal humans.

Skills: Despite his rather childish personality he is a skilled fighter with and without his sword. Alex can also cook just about anything extremely well.

Brief History: Alex is an orphan from the city of Nash, he was pick by the Odin Initiative at the age of three to see what the effects of experimenting from an early point would have on a Valkyrie. Due to the fact that the process wouldn't be perfected for another ten years, and they were still relatively in the experimental phases, Alex never gained the ability to cast magic outside him own body. Further testing confirmed that while he couldn't be a spellcaster he still had a veritable font of magic in his system. He was taught to augment himself even further then they had, by using his magic. It became second nature to him and even actively suppressing it, it still bleeds through.

Artifact(s):
-Name:
Jormundganr
-Appearance: A dual sided great sword. The base of one side is serrated ,while it's opposite side flat, dull more for crushing then cutting.
-Abilities: Jormundgandr is just like her wielder is unable to to affect the world around her instead, Jormundgandr is able to increase and decrease her weight.
-Uses: Jormungandr can become as light as air or as heavy as a gravity well. when combined with Alex's strength they can even split diamond
-Storage: Alex hangs Jormundgandr either off his back or at his side depending on his mood
-Personality: Jormundgandr has a very strict no nonsense personality, to counteract Alex's more childish personality
-Why were you chosen: Jormungandr refuses to have a weak wielder, so Alex had to win her respect in a show of strength. He did so by lifting her off the ground when all others failed.
-How does it communicate: Jormundgandr communicates by telepathy.
-Other Information: Jormundgandr tends to treat Alex like a younger brother, as such she's protective of him and will make it as hard as possible for someone to wield her against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me like Alex vs Herleva would be a great fight considering the fact that they both have inhuman stamina.

I do have one thing to pick on and that's the armor section. The armor is lightweight, but how? Did they cut space from it? Is it made of aluminum instead? And if it has, what kind of force can break through it? Other than that the bio seems good to me. Right now the five of us are boarding for a mission, which makes this a bit of a rough spot to start off since your name wasn't listed to join us. If you want I can control some characters within the Odin Initiative (including other valkyrie) and get some interaction there. There is a training room, as well, just so you and everyone else knows. I plan on making that the friendly sparring area.

eh i can add a little more description to the armor. and i think i have an edge strength and speed wise but she most likely has me in skill

Because my spade is better
nicubunu_White_deck_6_of_spades.png

Name:
Linda Fernadel

Nickname:
Lin

Alliance:
Valkyrie

Personality: Almost a mimic of Drumg she has a strong sense of justice and valor. But, she is more kind opposed to her militant and silent artifact.

Appearance
-Hair Color:
Blonde
-Eye Color: Hazel
-Skin Tone: Caucasian
-Height: 5'9"
-Body Type: Muscular (Not grossly muscular, but she aint no princess)
-Other Features: Drumg when stored. Her lower cape. And golden gloves necklace.
-Portrait:
m200708080210000001186549871.jpg

-Weapon:
Drumg a two handed sword artifact.

-Armor: Lin wears leg armor to protect her legs and arm guards to protect against areas where she isn't able to defend while wielding Drumg. The armor is made of black iron steel and magic cant break it, as it just goes directly to Lin her body will attempt to minimize the damage if at all possible. If enough force is applied swords can pierce it. But, bullets bounce off like toys.

Abilities/Magic: None controllable. During the tests they found that Lin's body does not allow the release of magic willingly at all. Her body absorbs magic like a sponge and turns it into cells. Once those cells accumulate enough her body releases a large electrical impulse, causing her to be a walking time bomb. The intervals between this are normally 5-8 months. Taking magical hits will increase the time for this to happen.

Skills: A talented boxer. Not so skilled with leg combat, but extremely good with footwork (moving around diligently) due to her boxing history. She will ocasionally knee and throw her opponents.

-Brief History: Lin was a normal kid in her small town of Rall. She went to school, made friends, and even kept up with her boxing hobby. She went shopping ocasionally, but one shopping day their was a burglary at a jewelry store she was in. A director in the Odin Initiative was watching the news that day, He was going to flip the channel until Lin stood up interested he settled on watching. The man threatened the nine year old many times, but Lin stood staring dead at his face warning him of the consequences of his actions. Getting annoyed the burglar decided to use another's life as a threat. Immediately Lin broke his extended arm, the Director watching recorded her name when the news confirmed it. He had an artifact that might have co-operated with the young girl, but decided for her to reach her peak. By the age of ten her parents thought it was a good idea to move her out into the city where she could have a better chance at getting scholarships. She lived her life dedicating her self to training with the sword and her own body. When she was 12 she was seen training by some Odin Initiatives, they asked her to come with. She completed the tests at the age of 24 being released as a Valkyrie. Her excuse from being gone from her parents? She was dead. Throwing her parents into insanity because no one was investigating they commited a joint-suicide. A week later her birthday passed and they gave her Drumg after assuring it was safe.

Artifact
-Name:
Drumg
-Appearance: Drumg is a two handed sword with a golden cross medallion attached to it's hilt.
-Abilities: Drumg can increase the piercing, slashing, and defensive power of it's blade.
-Uses: Due to Lin's background she uses the sword for what she sees is right.
-Storage: Drumg turns into the necklace ornament on his hilt except the cross is then turned into a miniature fake blade.
-Personality: Loyal and Just. Has a very light sense of Humor
-Communication: Drumg openly communicates, but through the medallion. The medallion glows to match his speech pattern. In extreme situations he will use the remaining of his wielders magic to telepathically give instructions.
-Why it chose me: Drumg is only drawn to those who seek to rid the world of it's corruption. Becoming a guardian to the weak and confused, but a judge of the wicked. Lin fit the description perfectly
-Other: Drumg will start to tax it's wielder severely if they control something out of fear or anger. He adjusts to the height of his wielder. He discards his wielder when they die.

Last edited:
Hope you dont mind if I join but im going to read first to see how i can jump in.

So going over it no ones landed on the island yet. What if me(if you accept) and Arkane come in two seperate stealth convoy and meet you guys on a rendevouz point on the island. In this sense you can order us to our next objective.

i mean if @Squee and @Arkane291 if you guys want to.

I'm cool with it, but be prepared for the sheer mind numbing absurdity that is Alex's sense of direction. Jormundgandr or Andy as i'll have him call her every now and then, curbs it most of the time. but i'll still have it happen

LOL im ready actually ive already gotten it planned out considering Were going in two seperate convos im relying on that terrible sense of direction to help you find something ;D

I like you character BTW Arkane

@Arkane291 That's good, that edit gets you accepted.

@ShiroKiyoshi There is a slight problem in the history in that it seems you got an artifact before joining the Odin Initiative. Due to the secrecy surrounding the initiative and the fact that all the artifacts were created by them it would be nearly impossible to have gotten one before joining the initiative. The idea works, perhaps a member of the initiative saw everything that happened and realized she might make a fitting partner for one of the artifacts (drumg in this case). The problem that a normal person has with wielding an artifact is that anyone not enhanced through magic would have some heavy side effects, including insanity, corruption, life force decomposition, and death. It's fine if you give it a little tweak.

And lastly, a recon squad might be a good idea. Herleva, being the squad leader, would probably have you two scout ahead beforehand to confirm the Balder Front is coming. With Alex having a terrible sense of direction I feel some comic reliefe coming xD

well i tried to make him as happy-go-lucky as possible. to quote one of my closest friends. he's "happy to an almost inappropriate degree

What if since tests were concealed he was one of the open field tests in this sense he isnt normal :P

What if since tests were concealed he was one of the open field tests in this sense he isnt normal :P
But if still it doesnt work its just history. I could simply have it be the robber like he dropped it or something after the store clerk shot him. I could also make him foaming of the mouth and every thing. But, if constant shortening of life is a side effect everyone assumed he was shot. It could be due to that side effect. And BTW Her side effect is the dangerous consumption release of magic she has.

First person Lin's sparring: Herleva

from which direction is your airship approaching the island? And I think i have an idea for a gag joke. something along the lines of Alex messing up his com piece so it only broadcast you know so you can hear him but not the other way around. wanders into the enemy camp gets mistaken for a new recruit, and just starts messing up every simple job they give him before you guys show up

The problem that I have with Lin encountering an artifact before being inside the Odin Initiative is that it would have been nearly impossible. There were quite a few measures to make sure that couldn't happen. Things such as each artifact being locked away separate from the Valkyrie until a partner is chosen. This means that until a person has been enhanced to handle the artifacts and not show side effects, the Artifact wouldn't be taken out of storage. No Valkyrie has been in the world outside of the three islands the Odin Initiative holds, which means no artifact could have gotten out. Not even the general public knows much about the Odin Initiative. The only people with outside contact consisted of the main researchers, scientists, technicians, and other such normal employees. For this reason I think it would be fitting if perhaps a nearby employee saw potential in her. Once a Valkyrie is created they can wield the artifacts without the side effects (And of note, the previously listed effects were just examples.)

Also, the ship will be arriving from the north, heading south out of the Three States

Oh I know fixing it now.

EDIT:
Wa-lah it be a done Mr.Squee!

Brilliant, that makes you accepted.

You two can start in near Fenwick as a recon pair. For the sake of why not I'm going to say Herleva knows two people will be there but also that she doesn't know who to expect.

@ShiroKiyoshi
I was kind of on the fence about the idea of hostages at first, but I'm going to accept that, however I think 17 might be a bit much considering the Balder Front is trying to acquire equipment at the moment. Hostages seem more fit for an assult type of attack rather than this being a "get in, complete objective, get out" mission. Hauling 17 people around for your recon group to then grab items of tarrying size and weight is a bet...tough, like carrying extra baggage.

Granted I hadn't mentioned the type of attack the Balder Front was making just yet, so...simple lack of context on my part ^^;

Also of Note, Fenwick is on West Nalnar which is more a continent than an island.

Yeah I was winging it and hoping you would post something like this before Arkane made a fool of himself following me. I can fix it now.

No worries, I'll take fault there

But hostages are fun in this case but seventeen is a lot and you dont need that many for a threat so how about 345635 JK. umm 6 more. making 8 hostages total. But at least I got the weapons part down. Lin's heading to the barracks slowly but surely.

6 more is much better, that can be worked with.

@R-9 Pilot I haven't heard from you in a bit, you still alive and interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.