The Odin Initiative - Join anytime

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Honestly, I would have used cast iron, but titanium sounded so much cooler....

Ah. Honestly, I would have used cast iron, but titanium sounded so much cooler....
Cast iron is also somethign else, it's heavy and brittle.
What you want is proper folded steel with several hardnesses put into one. That is what the anchient smiths did in the feudal times and it was glorious.

Though, as said a few times, given the world we are in, there is nothing that dictates that we follow the same understanding of metal. I mean, there are people fusing magic into people giving them superpowers.. Who is to say that we don't have a better understanding of titanium letting it become awesometastic! ^^

I'm aware titanium is more used for armors and usually in an alloy even then, but when enchanted it can be pretty useful, though I admit I was certainly not aware of being brittle. Most of my characters use steel, and one even uses a custom alloy for his armor, one considered to be far too heavy. But he's not in this world, so it doesn't really matter. Monjo, though, is meant to be the "ideal metal" in that its shape is easily changeable, but it's difficult to damage.

As I said, I just picked because it sounds cool. The magic strengthening sort if makes it a moot point, but whatever.

After a long absence (due to RL issues) I shall be returning to RP my character, Caecillia Westeberg.

Welcome back to the RP! I'll post with Herleva once tipsy posts.

Now, I want to do some tidbits of OOC information and I'mma call them "Odin Reports" that will contain various reports filed by Odin Initiatives director, and we can do this one of 2 ways. One, people can earn them by taking on missions, or 2, I can just release them randomly when I have one ready. Votes!

And now, for reasons of plot this bio is to be left vague with sections left out.

Name: Lars Gunnhild

Nickname: Director Gunnhild; Sir Gunnhild

Alliance: The Odin Initiative

Appearance:
-Hair Color: Grey (Faded from brown)
-Eye Color: Brown
-Skin Tone: Caucasian, but aged, many noticeable imperfections.
-Body Type: Formerly built well, now loose skin and fain bones.
-Height: 5'7"
-Other Features: Director Gunnhild has a limp in his left leg and carries a cane to help him walk. He has a well trimmed and maintained bear and mustache. His usual choice of attire is a white suit with a black belt and tie along with black reading bifocals.

I say a mix of both. Ones that contain useful or important information earned on missions, cool and interesting (but useless) ones released randomly.

""Titanium is fairly hard (although not as hard as some grades of heat-treated steel), non-magnetic and a poor conductor of heat and electricity. ""

Hoohoohoo..... Thats not gonna be fun for a certain teal haired girl

Hoohoohoo..... Thats not gonna be fun for a certain teal haired girl
For all practical purposes it conducts just as well as any other metal. It is just poor in the sense that copper, gold and aluminum is better.
In the sense of using electical powers to harm the wielder, it will still work the same. Problem is just that most katanas has a wooden handle with is again wrapped with cord. Only thing you can do is if you are lucky and the small pins that hold the handle fastened to the blade are made out of metal. If they aren't you're out of luck ^^

This helps http://www.tibtech.com/conductivity.php

Speaking of metal, Monjo is placed between iron and nickle for electro conductivity. But remember, Monjo can also make nonmetal materials that can act as insulators.

Can I have a little catch up on where we are at because everytime I find time to post you guys have moved a little further and I don't have time to read all of this now.

Can I have a little catch up on where we are at because everytime I find time to post you guys have moved a little further and I don't have time to read all of this now.
I don't think that anything you need to know has happened.

The Valkyries are still in the building, a new and mysterious dude from the 'arcane dead' has arrived, but only Herleva know this.
My other character is introduced, and no one knows shit about him.
Me and Squee are posting as Kaj and Gunnhild, two of the highest people in the Odin project, scientist and millitairy respectively.

But, since you and the other guy weren't even in the building with us, for your sake nothing that special has happened save us moving about a little

Right now the assault team is inside the third floor of the military tower and clearing the floor of all hostiles. Herleva is making her way to the armory to protect all the hardware, however she has found a distraction. The guards at the military tower have all either been evacuated or are tied up within the armory. Currently @Red Fox and I are playing out some scenes taking place at the initiatives headquarters where I am also introducing a new character soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.